Brookdale Chubbuck - Chubbuck, ID

Brookdale Chubbuck - Chubbuck, ID has yet not published prices.

Staff is easy to talk with but the food is a hit or miss

My mom lives here and everything is going good so far. She seemed to adjust really fast, too. This was the first place we toured and we just fell in love. My mom likes it and she seems content and happy, which makes me happy. The staff is easy to communicate with, they’re really good if I have any questions or concerns and they listen to me and take care of whatever is going on. I ate one meal with her before she actually moved in and it was okay. I did go to this meal that they held where families could come and eat with the residents. The food was good with that. She tells me that some of the food is good and some of it isn’t so I guess it’s hit or miss. The facility is really good cleanliness wise, it looks nice and clean and smells good. My mom’s room is always nice and clean. They take her laundry and do that, empty her garbage daily, and housekeeping will come by and vacuum once a week. It always looks clean when I go in there. The community offers tons of activities like crafts, manicures, and church services. She’s really getting out and mingling and doing a lot of things that she wouldn’t be able to if she were still at home. She gets help with her medications, which is an extra charge, but everything else has been included in the monthly price, however I think their prices are dependent on the level of care needed.

Larger facility but great atmosphere

When I toured this community I didn't get the same feeling as other Brookdale's. They are run by the same people as others but it's much larger and has more residents. I do like that they also above and beyond expectations just like other Brookdale's. The staff members are all very friendly and the facility has a wonderful atmosphere. It's very clean and there's nothing on the floors every time I went there. I would highly recommend this community to anyone.

Very Nice Community

This is a very nice community my loved one seems to be doing well there. The staff is nice very friendly. The food is good they offer a daily menu with a couple of different featured entrees.
They seemed to offer quite a few different activities and social hours.
The community is kept well clean and maintained it is very bright and well furnished.

Memory Care is Very Good

I am very pleased with Brookdale at this time. My 90 year old father has been there 3 months now and considering his state of mind they are very patient with him (he is in the memory section). He has his good days and bad just like at home and I like the way the staff tries to derail his down days. There is always two to three staff members there 24 hours a day. The burden upon my mother was getting too great and she needs the last of her years to be less stressful and happy. The staff seems to be very friendly and happy to work there. He is always clean and fresh shaven when I visit. I also think the food is very good and plentiful. They have a lot of activities, not that my father will attend, but they try. He did seem to enjoy the last road trip touring the town. My mother is also happy and hers is the most important opinion.

Brookdale Chubbuck has my recommendation!!!!

The staff are trying to help mom with her transition into this community. The community is clean and they come in once a week to clean her room and do her laundry. She has not yet wanted to participate in any activities, however she did get caught in the dinning room during a music performance and she liked it. The food is good and there is a wide variety to choose from.

told us they would tailor the meals around the residents

Emeritus at Ridge Wind told us they would tailor the meals around the residents particular diet. Well mom said they actually weren't very accommodating on that. They served fried foods and she wanted healthy salads and options and for one reason or another she wasn't getting that. They did say it takes a few weeks to learn everyone's needs but I thought they could have done better in that area. Also the big activity they had was bingo and mom isn't that into bingo. She would like to see some other games offered. Overall it was a good experience, just a few improvements I would like to see made.

Very nice place. Staff was Professional and friendly. He felt welcome there. He has seen concerts there and made a friend with one residents

Ive never been so disgusted by an experience in my life. I went with my girlfriend to visit her parents, who I have known my whole life. While we were waiting for them to finish lunch we walked around because Ive never been in a place for seniors and my parents are getting to a place where I need to consider a place for them. While walking by an open room I heard a caregiver talk very cruelly to an elderly gentleman, I was so upset that I immediately went to find the director to complain and when I approached the door, which was closed so I assumed she wasn't in, I heard the foulest language Ive ever heard in my life, let alone in a place of business, and especially a place in which we entrust our parents care!! I will never put my parents in a place where the woman in charge is so foul! A place for mom?! NOT MY MOM!!! As I turned to walk away a lady (I use that term loosely) came out an asked if she could help me and introduced herself as candy the executive director. Told her thanks but no thanks! If this is the quality of leadership imagine the quality of care!

The predominant religion plays a larg...

The predominant religion plays a large part in activities it seems. There are few services available for those not belonging to that particular belief. We do understand that it is difficult to provide a service to just a few but having a clergy available would be nice.

Brookdale Chubbuck provides memory care and assisted living services to seniors in the Bannock County, Idaho area. Chubbuck is located in southeastern Idaho just a few miles from Pocatello. Chubbuck is surrounded by natural beauty, but we are also within walking distance of several stores and the Pine Ridge Mall. Our caring staff sets us apart from other communities: we get to know our residents, their likes and dislikes and what is most important to them.

Our community is built on a single story and each area is easily accessible for those with mobility challenges. We offer plenty of opportunities for socializing in our comfortable public areas and through our varied activity schedule. We also have an on-site beauty salon, library, billiards table and private dining room for entertaining. Recreational and social activities include:

Bingo and other games
Church services
Exercise classes
Wine and cheese socials
Live entertainment
Dances
Themed parties
Church services

We also provide transportation for frequent outings to local restaurants, entertainment and shopping.

Our community is designed with your health and comfort in mind and our caring staff can assist with many needs including daily hygiene activities and medication management. Our specially trained staff in the memory care area provide person centered care which encourage residents to use current skills, enjoy meaningful experiences and maintain their dignity.