The Woodmark at Uptown - Albuquerque, NM

[Name removed] was patient and very knowledge about senior needs. Wonderful location and beautiful apartments.

GREAT

Everything has been great and my love one really likes it here. The people are really great and it’s such a nice place. My love one enjoys participating in their activities like the exercise classes and she also enjoys the meals. She even made some friends and she is really happy. Since the property encourages the families to go and visit to eat with them and such we’ve actually met some of the residents as well and they’re great. Our first staff interaction was great, they spent so much time with us in giving us a tour, they explained to us all of their services, they were so helpful, and they were willing to work with us. For my love one this is the best decision we’ve made, I recommend this property to other families that are looking into their options.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback!

The Woodmark is a high rise family owned facility in the uptown area of the city. It was once a very elegant facility, but now seems tired. Immediately there is a noticeable fragrance that is in the air. While pleasant, it did seem to be covering another not so pleasant fragrance. The common areas are warm, but dim almost dark. Their move in cost is a one time 2500. Studio rents are between 3060-3285 per month. Large one bedroom is 4250 for a limited time and a two bedroom is 6450. There is a 950 per month charge for 2nd resident. All utilities, dining and 24 hr emergency call is included. They could not provide upfront pricing or estimates for care until you are "onboard" and an assessment is made by their nurses. Then they will communicate fees based on their assessment. Their facility is large and offers mountain views of the city on the higher floors and common rooms. They immediately went into incentives unasked and offered to "crunch the numbers." Dining times are 3x's per day and after hours eating was limited to coffee and small snacks. They do offer Memory care rates starting at 4935 per mo for a studio. They allow pets with a fee and a small monthly rental. I didn't like not knowing how to budget for personal care services. Diabetes requiring insulin injections cannot be done. They can manage a couple with varying care needs. Did not see many residents about at 3:30pm. They will provide housekeeping and laundry services but there are also self serve laundry rooms.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We would love to hear any additional thoughts you have on how we can create a five star experience. Please feel free to contact us directly at our community phone number!

Review of The Woodmark At Uptown Albuquerque, NM

Woodmark is an excellent senior community. They provide their residents with many activities, both social and academic. The caretakers genuinely care for the residents they take care of. The facility is clean and well maintained. My mom is truly happy here with all of her new friends including the residents and caretakers!

SLC Midwest

Annette, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your mom is enjoying her home here at The Woodmark at Uptown!

Review of The Woodmark At Uptown Albuquerque, NM

I am satisfied with The Woodmark--I've really had no problems. I am happy to be living here. It's a nice, quiet community to live in.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your feedback; we appreciate your review of The Woodmark at Uptown!

Review of The Woodmark At Uptown Albuquerque, NM

Our children visited this community and others in Abq and found Woodmark most likely to meet our needs and likes.

SLC Midwest

Dorothy, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; we appreciate your review of The Woodmark at Uptown!

Review of The Woodmark At Uptown Albuquerque, NM

Very outstanding for all ages.

SLC Midwest

Henry, thank you for sharing your review of our community; we appreciate your feedback!

Review of The Woodmark At Uptown Albuquerque, NM

The Woodmark is a warm welcoming community offering a safe comfortable environment with several activities, transportation for shopping, doctor's appointments and some church services. Housekeeping and laundry services are provided, as well as meals.

SLC Midwest

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Review of The Woodmark At Uptown Albuquerque, NM

About anything you need in a home. Any type of food you desire. Not too noisy most of the time.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to review our community; we appreciate your feedback!

Review of The Woodmark At Uptown Albuquerque, NM

The staff at Woodmark all work very hard to make sure the residents feel comfortable, happy and cared for. The facility is clean and very attractive. My Mom has made friends and enjoys participating in the many activities that are offered. It gives our family comfort that she has immediate access to in-house nursing care and an on call doctor if needed. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Woodmark to other families whose parents need assisted living.

SLC Midwest

Nancy, thank you for taking the time to share your review of our community; we appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that your mom is enjoying her home here at The Woodmark at Uptown!

The Main Thing We Needed

I had a good experience while at the community and the tour was fine. We had to rule out this community because they didn't allow pets in the Memory Care.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that you toured with us!

Everyone is so sweet here

Mom is doing very well since moving here and I have to say we are all pleasantly surprised she didn't like the last community she was in so we were a little nervous about this one. But surprising enough she loves it here. She is very engaged with the activities she loves all the staff and the residents here. The housekeeping does a really good job everything is very clean and well maintained. Mom has not mentioned anything about the food but from what I have seen it does not look appealing but that is a small price to pay for the wonderful care she is receiving.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review of our community. We appreciate your feedback and we're so pleased that your mom is enjoying here home here at The Woodmark at Uptown! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Above and Beyond

We were notified on a Friday that my mom was going to be released from the hospital on Monday, and we needed a secure memory care unit. [Removed] were awesome. They worked over the weekend helping us with the move so we were able to bring my mom directly from the hospital to The Woodmark on Monday. Without their "executive decisions" this would not have happened. My thanks to these two ladies for all their help.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your confidence in us! We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to have been of assistance!

Tour for options

This was a good tour for us to find a good community for the care that was needed. The staff was nice and the community seemed to be clean with a good environment We like the menu and the activities. This community has a lot to offer and we would recommend that other families tour this community for good care

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your recommendation of our community. We appreciate your confidence in us and we're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit!

Clean Community!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I was very impressed with this property. The staff where all awesome and very helpful throughout our visit. They made sure to give us honest feedback and lots of great suggestions on what would be best for my husband. I also liked how clean everything was and the great amenities they had for all of the residents. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone it was just not the right budget for us in the end decision.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for sharing your review and your recommendation of our community. We appreciate your feedback and while we're disappointed that we weren't the best fit for your husband, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Had a good visit.Lots to think about with my mother. Lovely facility. Studio rooms are fairly small. Not sure a queen bed would fit.

SLC Midwest

Thank you for your review; we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit! Please don't hesitate to contact us with any additional questions; we strive to provide complete information for those contemplating a move and are happy to answer any further questions you may have.

Made a difficult time much easier.

We had to find a community in very short notice and the staff made the process very easy. The staff was very professional and efficient. We are pleased with the care my father-in-law is receiving here.We didn't have an opportunity to try the food when we toured but they did send us home with a pie!

Accommodating Staff!!

I am so pleased with the quality of staff they have at this community. They have really gone above and beyond to make the best accommodations as they could for my mother and what she was going through. They really cater to the personal needs of all the residents and do what they can to make them feel right at home. The food is also superb. My mother is receiving great nutrition and has had no issues with what she has been getting served at meal times.

My tour!

They offer different levels of care at this community. The staff I met were nice and the community seemed clean. It did not seem like there was a lot of interaction between the staff and residents. They have a smaller memory care unit and unfortunately, the layout of the community would not work for mom. This is a nice community and I would say to take a look at it.

They are working with us!

This community was the only one in the area that gave my loved one the chance to live in assisted living instead of memory care. The staff are busy, however they have taken the time to talk with us. I would like a little more feedback on how she is doing on a daily basis. She likes the deserts and the food is ok. They have some variety of food choices. I don't think they are engaging her as much as we would like. They do have a beauty shop on site.

Very clean community!!

I have been very pleased with how well of a job the housekeeping team has done at not only keeping my bedroom but the entire community very clean and maintained. I do think they need some improvements on the food, it is often tasteless and very poorly prepared. I also seem to have trouble with the staff organizing my transportation to doctor appointments and different errands.

I would recommend this community!!

I like the cleanliness of the community the most. The food is ok. They do not offer a large variety of food. They do offer daily activities. Some of the musicians that come in are talented and very friendly. The staff is nice and show much compassion. Any questions and/or concerns have been answered or taken care of in a timely fashion. I would highly recommend this facility.

Delighted With The Community

My mom is just fine in her new home. The staff are attentive to her needs and it is easy for me to get in touch with the employees. They are able to provide a clean room for her and they maintain the public areas of the community. She is liking the meals that are prepared and served to her.

Another Visit To Another Community

The experience here was very good. My guide seemed knowledgeable about the care and community. The atmosphere was very much like a high end classy hotel Overall I thought this community was a little pricey for our budget. This was a good insight of the community.

Great Care for Family.

This is a great community. Both of my parents have received excellent care with the great staff who are very helpful all the time. The meals and the dining experience is wonderful and a good variety. My mother, brother, sisters and I would highly recommend this for other families for excellent care for loved ones.

This Place Is Fantastic

We picked this community based on that it is close and familiar to my mom's neighborhood. The staff are so attentive, caring, and understanding of her transition. It is always clean and well kept, the staff do Mom's laundry and anything she needs. The food is delicious but I notice dinner is smaller compared to the other meals served. I would recommend this community and would not mind even living her myself!

The Woodmark feels bright and I would recommend it!!!

I am impressed with the staff at this community. They seem very personable, well organized and seem to enjoy working with the residents. The food tastes fine to me maybe a 4 but mom is not as impressed she would say maybe a 3. There are daily activities and while she does not participate in a lot of activities there is a good variety to choose from.

They are very good. I would give them a five.

They are very good. I would give them a five.

Toured, very nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for my brother. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. This was a little out of the way for our family so we ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have felt comfortable placing my brother.

A reasonable option

My mother was at The Woodmark at Uptown two years ago. They changed ownership two or three times within a six month period, so rules were always changing. She was assessed for assisted living, then one day later because she tried to leave, they moved her to their middle unit, then they wanted to move her to nursing care. In the lockdown floor, family members who would go visit her would then have to wait for 20 minutes trying to find a staff member to open the door so the visiting person could get out and leave. I would say this community is a reasonable option. The food was average. They did have activities for her to do.

Review of The Woodmark at Uptown - Albuquerque, NM

Very nice. The staff was friendly and great tour. We had lunch there and the food was ok....not great. Staff was everywhere which was nice. My father in law is thinking about it. Is nice because he knows a few residents there.

More than satisfied with The Woodmark!

Things are going very well since moving my father to The Woodmark at Uptown. He is adjusting well to being in their memory care. We are slowly introducing family members to visit him there. He is eating well and their meals are great. He is not a very outgoing person so he does not participate in the activities much at this time. He did enjoy getting his haircut there. He thinks the place is like a hotel. The staff is very cooperative, compassionate, helpful, informative and patient. My father says he still has his freedom there. There is always big smiles at the front desk when you walk in. Everyone is friendly. I am more than satisfied with this community.
I would also like to add that my senior advisor with A Place For Mom, Brent, is wonderful and was very helpful and understanding and listened very well.

Terrible food and food service!

My mother-in-law has been living at the Woodmark for a year. The vast majority of the people that work there are wonderful. The problem is the food and the service in the dining room. The food is of cheap quality and very small portions. Today, the options for lunch were bbq brisket and shrimp scampi. Because it was a holiday and they were putting on a show for the families, it all looked good. Unfortunately, mom's brisket was very fatty and greasy and she couldn't eat it. And she's alergic to sea food. When she asked for a chicken fried steak, that is usually on the menu, she was told that the grill was closed. She asked for a grilled cheese. Nope. I received a phone call from her at 12:20 asking me to bring her food! Completely and totally unacceptable! This is not the first time something like this has happened. I've heard of raw french fries, undercooked waffles.....the list just goes on. When I talked to the executive director about the situation, he told me that they had just fired serveral people and were looking to replace them. They fired them BEFORE they had new hires? Bad, bad management! Mom will be moving soon!

SLC Midwest

We apologize for the dining experience and the service your mother-in-law encountered. We aim to provide our residents with the best possible experience for every meal. As you mentioned we are making personnel changes and during this transition additional staff and support will be provided by our corporate office. We also are making changes to our ordering and menu options. Please accept our sincerest apologies and we hope to improve her dining experience. I would love to talk at any time about how we can make your dining experience better. Feel free to contact me directly at [removed] or [removed].

Love The Woodmark

My sister and I toured The Woodmark and were very impressed. We didn't realize that they have been around over 18 years. They have an excellent reputation in Albuquerque, we have two friends that have their parents living at The Woodmark and are very satisfied. Our tour was really thorough and informative. We toured a few other places in Albuquerque including a new community and we would rather our mom move into an established place instead of a new place. Just because the place is new doesn't mean they have good care!! Mom will be moving in by the end of this month.

I haven't been there that long. Everything seems to be going great at this time. Great staff!

Great place

The staff is attentive and compassionate and they seem to take a genuine interest in the residents here. The facility is nice and it is always kept clean. The residents here are nice as well. This seems to be a great place so far.

Best ever

This is the best place ever.

Excellent care

We are happy with The Woodmark. The staff is always friendly and professional. They are always willing to help. The facility itself is clean and well kept. The food is good and the level of care here is excellent.

Dad seems to be happy there

Things are going vey well, no complaints. My Dad seems to be very happy there. So far, my Dad has been there about five weeks. We had to wait to get in until he got a report from his doctor. He seems to be adjusting very well. I think he is doing better than he was at home. It is a good environment. He is eating very nutritious meals and there are a lot of activities to keep him stimulated. I think that that improves quality of life. Everyone who has been there to visit him has been impressed with the facility.

Dad is well taken care of

My Dad is all set. He is doing really well. He is well taken care of and is five minutes away from my Brother and my Niece.

The staff is very friendly and professional

The Woodmark at Uptown as far as I am concerned, it is excellent. The food is good. The people take good care of him. It is expensive, but I am getting my moneys worth. I never tell them in advance that I am coming and every time, it is always clean and taken care of. The staff is very friendly and professional there. I am very pleased with this facility.

wonderful

As far as I know it has been great at The Woodmark at Uptown. So far I am very pleased. All of the staff take good care of everything that happens. I have no complaints at this point. The facility is wonderful and so far everything is going well.

I feel like the staff are over reacting

Sometimes I feel like the staff are over reacting at The Woodmark at Uptown. She has been there a month and has been in the hospital twice already. I just think they are a little too quick to judge some thing. They are really taking assisted living to the furthest degree. They don't really encourage her to get out of her room much. She has early onset dementia and is in a new environment, new people and just getting used to everything. Well, the staff want to put her in memory care already. I think it is a little soon but we are working on it.

My Mom is a very fussy lady and she loves it here. The staff is always so sweet and kind. If she isn't feeling well, they will check on her and bring her meals. The place is spotless and they have some nice activities inside and also great field trips to Trader Joes, the mall, etc. I couldn't be happier with the Woodmark.

Really Good Care

Overall I think they did an awesome job in taking care of my father-in-law. He was at another facility and it was just awful there. But when we moved him to The Woodmark they took really good care of him.

A Good Job Overall

They were very responsive to any needs and concerns, generally speaking. They charged me a late fee, and they keep charging me five months later, so their bookkeeping area could improve. Overall I think they do a good job though..

interest in the residents is paramount

Best Care

My brother and I visited many places in Albuquerque but in the end we decided on The Woodmark. The woman that we toured with has been working there for longer than 8 years and she was very knowledgeable. We learned more from her than we did from any other place we looked at. The staff is always very friendly and it is kept really clean. Being a nurse myself I was very impressed that they have 4 Registered nurses working there. The care that they provide is top notch. We didn't find that at the other places we looked at. We would definitely recommend The Woodmark to all of our friends and family!

Very Wonderful

It was very wonderful. My mother was there for not even a full month but they took very good care of her when she was very sick. The lady that managed the place was absolutely super. I think she was the Assistant Manager. She was wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend her. I can't rate the activities because my mother did not participate in them. It is not applicable.

Only been there for three months but so far so good. they are caring and make sure their is nothing wrong. I would recommended this place to anyone.

So far they are doing a pretty good job.

So far they are doing a pretty good job. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They are creative about coming up with ideas and solutions for issues that have come up. It's still pretty new and the adjustment has been hard, but I think so far it's working out okay.

We were satisfied with their services.

The time my loved one was there, we found it to be really nice. We were satisfied with their services.

they genuinely care

The people at The Woodmark at Uptown are very conscientious and genuinely care. I do think they need a little more staff in the evenings and on weekends. They don't have enough staff sometimes in the memory care unit where my wife is.

It has been a good experience. I just hope I can continue to afford it, as it is quite expensive.

Right Choice in Albuquerque

After researching and visiting assisted living facilities that include memory care, I decided that the Woodmark at Uptown in Albuquerque best suited my dear wife's needs. It's quite expensive and that required me to examine by finances closely, but all things considered it has been a good choice.

The care givers are conscientous and attentive to the needs of residents, each with unique problems. My only concern is the night time limited number of care givers in the memory unit. I believe they need at least another staff member on duty
at night.

The top management has been very responsive to my inquiries and seems to be genuinely concerned for resident safety, comfort and needs.

I believe we made the right choice with Woodmark.

Parental Care

Both my parents are residents of the Woodmark. You must have the heart of a saint to be involved with the care of the elderly. My mother has Dementia and requires constant attention. The team at the Woodmark have been excellent in caring for her and taking care of her needs, socially and medically. My father has his own battles and does not require constant assistance but is also a resident. The staff is great, very attentive to both, and I am satisfied that they are in a safe and controlled environment. It is nice not having to worry about my parents, eating, taking their medications and getting whatever assistance they may require.

Review of The Woodmark at Uptown Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Albuquerque, NM

We selected Woodmark after visiting several other places. Woodmark seems to meet our needs.

Parents

Very helpful and understanding in a very difficult situation. Very attentive to my parents needs both individually and together as a couple.

First Impressions

We are just moving Mom to The Woodmark at Uptown. Our first impression is excellent. Everything is clean, food looks delicious and the staff has been very helpful and happy. Residence that we have talked with all say The Woodmark is the "best place to live". We are so happy that Mom will be living in such a great place.

So far it's been good.

So far it's been good. It's kept very clean and the staff is friendly, and attentive. I don't really get complaints about the food. We liked the location and we liked the people that were there, which is why we chose it.

Very nice place!

Everything has been just delightful with The Woodmark, I'd give them top marks across the board! They've got everything my loved one needs here, she seems to really enjoy it, and they really seem to like her! It's a beautiful community, very clean and well kept. They've got a lot of different amenities and activities, and the residents seem happy and friendly. We'd definitely recommend this place to others looking into options in the area!

Very nice looking, but prob...

Very nice looking, but probably way too large of a facility for my Mother. I don't think she would feel comfortable and she would probably feel overwhelmed. The Woodmark has so many great things to offer, but it may not be right for her--at least on the assisted living side. The Monarch unit (first level of memory care) was smaller, but they do not currently have a room available.

Excellent

This is the most caring community – I mean they care for my loved one as much as I care for my loved one. They check into the Ritz Carleton club level. They are just outstanding in every way. I recommend them highly. There is enough parking when I go to visit and the food is excellent.

Best of what we saw

All those communities cost so much money. Our loved one has only been there for a little while. I just think that of the ones that we looked at this was the best. The food is maybe a four. They might possibly upgrade the food a little bit. I know they just went through a change of cooks. There is enough parking. There are outside areas.

Very nice community!

The Woodmark has done an excellent job so far! We've been very pleased with everything they offer, my loved one has really shown improvement since moving in. It's a nice looking community, the staff are all very friendly, and they've got a lot to offer in terms of care and amenities.

Great Great Great!!

They have been wonderful! I am so pleased! My loved ones have different needs, and they provide exactly what they need! We are so grateful for the caregivers! The staff have all given my loved ones such good care! Everyone knows them by name. They enjoy the food! They also really enjoy the activities! There's live entertainment 3 times a week, and chair exercises every day! They have an arrangement with several local pianists, and every Thursday, they play piano in the lobby for an hour. Also, Tuesdays and Fridays, they have "Happy Hour" where they have a band or musician come in and play. The chef also puts out hors d'oeuvres to make it festive!

Nice looking place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a very nice looking place, however it didn't quite have the atmosphere we thought would be best for our loved one. Everything here looked nice, and the employees were very friendly, but it felt more like a nice hotel than a home. It wasn't very intimate.

Friendly Staff, But Room For Improvement

They're pretty good, but there are some things that are lacking. They could definitely improve on their activities - they show crappy movies and there aren't a lot of groups to get involved in. For what you get, the value is pretty good. They do general housekeeping, for things like towels and sheets, and that's included. I would give the food a 3, beucase they changed hands and the food quality has gone down. It's okay, but it's not as good as it was. They could improve on their communication as well, and I think they should have someone at the front desk 24 hrs a day. However, they do keep the place very clean, and they care about the residents. They are friendly and consistent, and that's important.

Senior Lifestyle

My name is Larry Mascarenas and I am the Executive Director for The Woodmark at Uptown. We truly appreciate your feedback on our community. We were pleased to hear that overall you had a favorable experience when visiting our community but were disappointed that we did not fully meet your expectations in programming, dining and communication. Recently, new programming resources were introduced to increase engagement and variety. In the coming week, we will send out an interest survey to gain greater insights into our residents likes and dislikes. We will use this feedback to update or modify our programming offerings. In dining not only are we working on enhancing the quality of the food but how it is served. Our newly developed training program for dining focuses on equipping our servers with basic standards to improve the service experience. Additionally we encourage our residents to participate in our food committee meetings so that we can gain insights, real-time, into how we can improve the dining efforts. Lastly, I am concerned about the lack of communication that you described in your review. Let me personally tell you that I value direct and honest communication and rely on honest feedback in order to best serve our residents and their families. I welcome the opportunity to sit down with you and discuss any of these concerns or others that you may have at any time. Please feel free to contact me at [removed] or by email at [removed].

Senior Lifestyle

My name is Larry Mascarenas and I am the Executive Director for The Woodmark at Uptown. We truly appreciate you feedback on our community. We were pleased to hear that overall you liked our community but were disappointed that we did not meet you expectations in activities, dining and communication. Senior Lifestyle Corporation is continually looking to improve their programming in their communities. Recently, new programming requirements were introduced to get residents more involved and give more variety for residents to choose from. In the coming week, we will introduce an interest survey to get more information on what residents would like to see as far as groups and additional activities. Senior Lifestyle recently introduced a dining experience that not only looks at the quality of the food that is served but how it is served. Service and quality go hand in hand with how our residents experience their meals. We are constantly looking at our menus and recipes to see what can be improved for resident satisfaction. Lastly, I am concerned about the lack of communication that you described in your review. Let me personally tell you that I value direct and honest communication and rely on honest feedback in order to best serve our residents. I welcome the opportunity to sit down with you and discuss any of these concerns or others that you may have at any time. Please feel free to contact me at [removed] or by email at [removed].

The woodmark is just excellent.

The woodmark is just excellent. The people are just outstanding. The facility is fine, but the people are great! They have activities, and they were able to get our loved one to participate! The food is good, no complaints there. I can't really think of anything that could be improved.

Pleased with the care provided

This is a nice place overall, it is very clean, and the staff are very friendly in general. What really cemented my decision was that this place offers a level of care between assisted living and skilled nursing that was exactly what we were looking for for my loved one, and is not offered in many other locations.
One issue I have is that recently they've started a program where they rotate the caregivers through the different levels of care and I would much rather my loved one be able to work with the same people on a regular basis.

Bad Care

I didn't visit, but when I told my neighbor, she said no. Care was bad, and they kept elevating their prices. A studio was $4042 for assisted living. My friend took her mom out.

The Right Place

My wife has been up there now for about two months. We're very pleased with The Woodmark. It's a nice place. I was able to move my wife's furniture in. There were some rough times but that's no reflection on the Woodmark. She went to a behavioral health place and now she's back. Since she's been back she's finally getting to where she's going out with the people. She eats with them and has made friends. I went in one day and she was practicing singing Christmas carols with a group. I think we're as pleased as we're every going to be. They have good medical care. They have good medical techs or nurses or whatever they are. My wife is in memory care and we're real pleased with it. I'm confident that it's the right place for her.

Lovely Community

I had looked at this community previously for my father-in-law. It is lovely. This time I was looking for my father, and due to his health we thought he would be better in a smaller community.

Loved, loved this location ...

Loved, loved this location and facility as well as Julie. It was just too expensive for us to afford once the care was added in. Would recommend it to anyone in an instant though.

Fantastic Community

The Woodmark is a wonderful place, it is completely different and much very then Brookdale Place at Valencia. They have 5 Registered Nurses that truly take care of the residents. The staff actually checks on the residents about every 2 hours or sooner. They are very well organized. They have a wellness center for the residents. They way they manage the medication is just fantastic. There is always someone to talk to, you can call 24/7 to check on your loved one and the person that answers the phone would be able to tell you what is going on without having to pass the phone to someone else. They are just a fantastic community that I would recommend to anyone.

Bad Food

My father has been ther for about a week and from what my mother has told me the food is not good and she doesn't like it. I think the care is okay. My mom said the ratio of caregivers to patients is 7 to 1 so that's better than some other places. It's fairly expensive.

Senior Lifestyle

Thank you for your feedback on our community. As the Executive Director I rely on that feedback from residents and family members to ensure we are delivering the level of service that our residents expect and deserve. Our dining services team at The Woodmark at Uptown strives to provide a dining experience that is flavorful and nutritious and influenced by the feedback from the resident food committee. I would love the opportunity to discuss your family member’s experience and develop a plan to improve the quality of their experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at [removed]. Thank you again for your feedback!

Warm and Welcoming

I looked at all the smaller communities in town and they were very depressing, run down homes that were not very well maintained. The Woodmark was a complete turn around. It was warm and welcoming and the building was very well maintained.

Visit was not detailed, more informat...

Visit was not detailed, more informational. Hospitable and helpful information from Julie. This is high-end. $500 will reserve a place on the waiting list, which could take as long as 6 months to get in. In the tour, I did visit the 3 levels of care. The atmosphere, paint and decor were very pleasant. There was no unpleasant odor. Residents were engaged in a variety of activities.

The Woodmark at Uptown:
The Woodmark at Uptown is a senior living community in Albuquerque, New Mexico offering assisted living and memory care services for senior citizens.

The Woodmark at Uptown is ideally located in Albuquerque's Uptown neighborhood, with fantastic sunsets and awesome views of the scenic Sandia and Manzano Mountains. There is plenty to see and do within an easy drive to Old Town, Albuquerque's Biological Park and Botanical Garden, the Rio Grande Zoo, and the University of New Mexico's Popejoy Hall featuring classical music and many cultural events. A sight to see for residents of the Woodmark is what Albuquerque is known for, its annual International Balloon Festival with over 700 spectacular hot air balloons in the sky at a time. Santa Fe is just an hour away, and nearby Interstates 25 and 40 make it convenient and easy to go anywhere. The Woodmark is adjacent to new shopping malls, and close to banks, medical centers, movie theaters and numerous popular restaurants.