Elmcroft of Quintessence - Albuquerque, NM

Nice place...the rooms don't have kitchens...just didn't get the warm fuzzies here...more expensive

Too Big, Too Sterile

I toured here while looking for a new place for my loved one. The community was very large, and I worried that my loved one would get lost there. I also felt that the place lacked a comfortable feel, and it seemed too institutional. Overall, I think it was just too big and too sterile to be a good fit for us.

A Very Brief Stay

I wanted mom to have the experience of what it would be like living in this sort of environment so we booked a 2-week stay here. As it turned out this was not what mom would want she prefers to be in her own home. The staff was nice and very attentive and as promised on the website did wellness checks every few hours. The food was good or at least she had no complaints about it. The assisted living environment just did not suit moms lifestyle.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us.

This place is too depressing. No one in the dining room speaks to anyone. Everyone is sullen and silent.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your review. Our priority at Elmcroft is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents.  We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit.

Wonderful Community!!

I am pleased with this community and everything they did for my mother while she was in there care. She was only there for a short period of time but she absolutely loved it while she was there. My mom often participated in many if not all of the great activities they had to offer the residents throughout the week especially the exercise classes she really enjoyed those. Everyone was very happy and helpful and I was very impressed with how things went while she was there. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone looking for an assisted living for there loved one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family. We are glad to hear your mom enjoyed her stay.

The Price Was a Bit Much

The community I saw from the tour I had was great. I liked the guy who ran the community. He had a great attitude and I almost picked this one. However, based on our budget it was a little too high priced. It is a nice and newer facility.

One Of My Tours

I stopped by this community to see what they offered. My guide gave me a good tour. I felt they knew the community and was able to give me answers. I did try the meals here and I thought it was a good meals. The guide gave me a good experience with the tour

A Fine Community

Everything is going very well. My father has adjusted very well to this community. They are caring for him very well. It is a very nice looking community, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff have been great. He is trying a few activities. He is pleased with the food. Overall everything is going well.

awesome facility

I interviewed several facilities in Albuquerque in preparation for a relocation for my mother from an assisted living facility in Milwaukee, WI. Her current residence is a very nice place with a great staff so I was extremely interested in finding a comparable facility.
Elmcroft is not only comparable but better because it's smaller which will be exceedingly better for our mom who has dementia.

During the initial visit and tour, all staff were exceptional in there knowledge, friendliness and confidence that this would be the very best place for Mom. All staff are trained in dementia care which is remarkable! The building itself is open and light which makes all the public spaces as well as the apartments feel very nice.

I've had a number of interactions with staff since committing to the facility and they are doing everything possible to assist me in the transition, complete with offering to install any storage units I provide to maximize efficiency for Mom. It has been a distinct pleasure to work with them and I look forward to having Mom there so she can be near me.

Doing a great job so far!

They're really done a wonderful job, so far! Everyone is very friendly, the facility is clean and organized, and they even do a good job with the food from what I've seen. It's a very nice place, I would recommend them highly!

Great Responsive Time

Everything worked out very well for my mother during her time at this community. A place for mom was great with helping us find a place. It is a great community, with friendly people. The staff really have a heart for caring. They have very good responsive time and really cared for my mother very well. The food was nice and they have great activities. It was a good experience and I would recommend it.

Great place!

We've had a very positive experience with Elmcroft of Quintessence, I'd give them a 5+ across the board! The staff here is as friendly and professional as you could hope for, and they do a great job looking after the residents. They treat the people who live here with respect, and obviously really care for them! The facility is clean and well kept, and I appreciate that they'll also help keep each residents room clean and tidy. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking into care in the area.

She loves it there

Things are going exceptionally well since moving my wife into Elmcroft. I thought it'd be the exact opposite but she has adjusted just fine to the change. Since moving in she has participated in activities and even made a few friends. The staff have been very nice and welcoming and very responsive. I am very happy with Elmcroft and would highly recommend.

A Great New Home for my Father

My 93 year old father has been here for just a few weeks now, but the staff has gone WAY out of their way to make him feel welcome and attend to his needs. They always greet him by name and have made modifications to his diet to please his personal tastes. (I think the relatively small resident population helps make this possible - only around 50 people.) The staff is unquestionably caring and takes a personal interest not only in my father but in all the residents. As the days pass, my father seems to be happy with his new home and is responding favorably to his new family and friends.

Staff

The staff here is absolutely great ! I know they actually care about my dad like I do. I love this place.

pleased with the facility

The staff really makes and effort to get my father to participate but my dad won't participate. I am really pleased . I think they do a really good job but there's always room for improvement.

Their staff is amazing to watch

I would rate the friendliness a 6+ at Elmcroft of Quintessence if I could. Their staff is amazing to watch with all of residents. I cant think of anything that they can improve on at this facility. We have just been really happy with everything here.

Not bad from what I saw!

We were treated very well during our visit to Elmcroft of Quintessence, it was very clean and orderly and the staff was very nice and helpful while we were there.

No Memory Care

This place appears to be wonderful but don't consider it if your loved one has memory issues. Their corporate policy is not to accept people with any diagnosis of memory issues.

Nice place, overall

I think they do a good job overall at Elmcroft of Quintessence. They've got a new staff and new management team, and everyone seems to be trying very hard to improve things. The staff have all been very friendly and accommodating. They have a moderate level of nursing care available, more than some we saw and less than others, they do have a nurse on staff. Also, although they do not have a specialized memory care unit, they are willing to care for residents with a certain level of memory issues.

Move in date on hold.

Move in date on hold.

Care givers attentive and friendly.

The care takers are attentive and friendly.
Admin staff is also friendly but we have had to remind them of a couple minor issues.

Friendly staff who go out of their wa...

Friendly staff who go out of their way to try to accommodate the residents. The activities are led with enthusiasm. The activities are designed for different levels of physical and mental abilities. Very happy with Elmcroft.

Needs Some Improvements

It's a clean place. The friendliness has been the biggest burden to settle. I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone. For the most part they're doing what they're supposed to be doing in terms of care and it's close my home which I like but I think they could be more attentive to the people that are there. They have a beautiful dining room but their menu selection seems like same old thing everyday almost. I think the food selection could really be improved.

Near our condo, to the east...

Near our condo, to the east. $3720 month - assisted. $2300 month for independent. Small rooms-Studios.

Wonderful. Heely friendly. $42,000/yr.

Wonderful. Heely friendly. $42,000/yr.

Pros- spacious, allows pets, staff ap...

Pros- spacious, allows pets, staff appears organized and flexible both cons- facility- small but doesn't feel like a house

Carestone at Quintessence, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. We are located in newly developed central Albuquerque, near the Pino Canyon. Since 1995 when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Carestone their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Carestone for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Carestone home.