The Village at Alameda - Albuquerque, NM

I was impressed with the staff and the facility. This is the one I selected for the respite care we needed. The respite care room was close to the dining room and activity area and staff to patient ratio were good.

Strong and weak points

Strong Points: Nice sized rooms; very good views of the mountains and Albuquerque skies as you walk around or wheel around the grounds; sunny, cheery dining room with lots of windows; salad bar available at lunch and dinner in addition to meals, and also a menu from which one can make a selection if the dinner choice does not suit you; residents enjoy bingo, poker, and frequent music programs; transportation for medical appointments is available two days a week; chief administrator and senior staff are very caring towards residents and their families.

Weak Points: Staff turnover is a real problem. Resident assistants change frequently, and this detracts from resident care, as it takes time for new staff to learn the needs of each resident. Training is lacking for new resident assistants, this again detracts from resident care, particularly for those residents whose level of functioning is somewhat lower

Very nice experience!

Everything is going very well! The staff are very accommodating and the facility is kept very clean and well maintained. I also appreciate the fact that the communication between myself and the staff is very good.

Great facility in quiet setting with caring staff.

My tour.

This was a nice community when we visited. The people we met during our tour were nice. This community does accept medicaid. The community seemed clean and they do offer daily activities.

Genuine Providers

They are genuine and just showed the facility and how it worked, not try to sell us something. They help my mom with 3 meals a day, getting around, and with medication. It is very nice and she has improved. In 3 months she is now showering herself and using her walker. They have large hallways which makes it very easy to get through, it makes a big difference. Mom generally she finds the meals okay and able to get another options if needed. For the price it was our best option and it seemed to be a little better staffed than the other facilities on the weekend.

A Good Fit for my mom

The care has been very well for my mom here. All the staff and caregivers are nice and easy to converse with and many have been there for years. The community does a good job cleaning the grounds, the public areas, and my mom's room. She is satisfied with the meal options and taste. The staff worked with us on some special needs my mom has. The space is sunny and cheerful, many activities to choose from. We carefully reviewed four options, this was our number one choice and we have no regrets.

Very well Manged

Everything seems to be going well since moving my mother to The Village at Alameda. She is adjusting well, developing a routine and making friends. The community is very well managed and the staff is friendly and happy. I feel that if the staff is happy and satisfied then it makes for a much more pleasant environment. There are many available activities to engage the residents and so far our family is very pleased with our choice.

Five Stars

They did very well in a lot of areas at the Village At Alameda and added some veteran recognition and did some other new things because they had a new activities director and she seemed to be pretty innovative.

Very Caring staff

The staff always keeps me informed how my mom is doing.

Looked nice during our tour

We toured this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. This was a nice looking community, and everyone we spoke with seemed friendly. However, it wasn't quite the level of care that our loved one needed. She also would not have been able to bring her little dog, which was one of our main requirements.

Top Notch!

They’re top notch! They were very caring and they took care of my parents very well. I ate there several times and it was usually pretty good, but there were occasions where it wasn’t as good, but it was never bad. It’s a great environment with good staff.

Warm and Friendly

I love that it is a community. It's a small facility so the staff knows all the residents and it's very warm and friendly. She is has her own apartment but she uses assistance for various things like bathing and meals. She has a refrigerator and a sink but all the cooking is done in the main kitchen. My mom love the food! She doesn't really use the activities, but they have many. They have painting, bingo, exercise, etc.

Love Cheryll. The facility...

Love Cheryll. The facility is great, but the rooms are very small and outdated. This was one of our top two choices, but my Grandmother would not be able to fit most of her belongings in the studio that was in our price range. She is not going to be satisfied if we have to store most of her belongings.

Near Balloon Fiesta Park!!!...

Near Balloon Fiesta Park!!! Near condo.

Very nice, affordable, clean, good lo...

Very nice, affordable, clean, good location. Residents seem happy and very interactive. Only concern is her safety as there seems to be no way to ensure that she will not wander off outside.

Director fairly new to the facility. ...

Director fairly new to the facility. New management is bringing in very positive changes. Very pleasant lanai and patio areas. Some residences have a little patio. Had a super lunch with one of the best salad bars I have ever seen at an institution of any type. Place cards in the dining area so that the staff can make sure residents are eating. Did not particularly like the settin outside of the grounds. Kind of industrial. Kitchen and closets were small. Closet in bathroom had no door.

Village At Alameda is an assisted living facility in Albuquerque, NM. Village At Alameda offers activities at their location for residents. These activities generally allow residents to maintain healthy lifestyles by encouraging movement and socializing with their peers.
Being able to chat with other residents becomes an important part of many peoples' lives and Village At Alameda offers common spaces indoors to support that need.