Brookdale Tramway Ridge - Albuquerque, NM

Brookdale Tramway Ridge

We toured Brookdale while looking at options for my mother’s respite care. I like the community and I thought it was a nice place. It’s close to the mountains, so they have very nice views. However, I felt it was a little more expensive than other places we visited, so we opted for a more practical community.

Brookdale Tramway Ridge is the place to be!

A Place for Mom helped us by forwarding us information on assisted living homes in our area. We are blessed to have found and placed mom at Brookdale Tramway Ridge. The facility is clean and the staff are beyond caring and friendly. Mom is extremely happy with her new home. Thank you Brookdale for all you do to be a top-notch home for our loved ones.

Looking For Bigger Apartments

I had a tour that was fine and the experience was good.
When looking at the apartments I saw that they were too small. It was also on the second floor where she would not be able to go outside from. Someone would have to walk her to the elevator and it would be a lot of work just to get outside.

Nice Community

We toured quite a few communities including this one and we found it to be very nice The staff was very welcoming and nice.The community appeared to be well taken care of nice landscaping. They have medical staff on site.

Clean Property!!

My loved one was only in this community for a short period of time and overall I was pleased with the quality of care he had received. The staff where pleasant to work with and made sure to keep in good communication with me about all of his progress and updates. I liked that the property was clean and always well maintained for all of the residents. They could just not provide the quality of care my husband was needing so we had to take him somewhere else that could.

Tour and Value

We enjoyed the community and speaking with the staff was very helpful. We liked that they could answer the questions we had They offer alot of many activities that might be helpful for residents to participate. We would recommend this community for care and the value of a loved one.

Some improvements need to be made!!

I have been enjoying my experience the best I can so far at this community. I have really been enjoying the social hour they have for all of the residents throughout the week and the interaction I have with my friends. I do however think they need to have some overall improvements. The laundry service and the food service are my two biggest complaints, and I hope to see some change very soon.

Needs some improvement...

I picked this place because it is incredibly convenient for me to be able to visit my loved one very often. The caregivers, for the most part, are very good and the place is very clean. The food needs some improvement. When we first toured they sold it as chef cooked 5-star meals, but sometimes they will serve things like frozen broccoli. They do nickel and dime a lot, sometimes we get bills for services we did not use.

Too Quiet!

The Brookdale was very quiet and didn't seem to have much going on during our tour. We did not see many residents, but the ones we saw seemed happy. The place is well maintained but not what we were looking for at the time.

My Visit!

This community seemed more like a nursing home than an assisted living community. I did not think the residents here would be the right fit for my mother in law's personality. There did not seem to be much social stimulation. The community was nice and it seemed clean. The staff I met were nice.

An active community!

The staff were friendly and attentive. They encouraged dad to participate in the daily activities. This community is in a nice neighborhood and there is a grocery store down the street. It is easy to get to and I would recommend this community. The food is eatable and they do have a lot of add ons.

My Insight Of The Place

Their staffing level seemed to be low and I visited 3 times. The price was a little high. I went on a Saturday and I was showed me a room that didn't look very clean. They told me they were still working on it. It seems like they have turnovers. I got a call from a different person when following up. It also looked disorganized and chaotic.

Not Enough Interaction

This was a nice and clean community. They did not seem as personal with the residents. The rooms are really small it was like a hotel room but smaller. They were really good at answering my questions.

very nice place

The staff are very efficient and caring of the residents.

Application for sister to reside in Brookdale at Tramway

I was looking for an assisted living facility appropriate for my 91 year old sister with memory loss. I was given tours of the different levels of care offered at Brookdale.

The entire staff was very friendly, and the sales manager and her assistant were very warm, helpful and understanding.

I had an extremely good feeling about everything I saw and was anxious to have my sister live in this community. Unfortunately my sister has had medical issues and been hospitalized and will not be able to live at Brookdale unless or until her overall health improves. I still maintain some hope that this may happen.

Lovely place

Lots of activities.

Lovely place

Lovely place. They have lots of activities.

Not A Good Place

I did not like Brookdale Place of Albuquerque. Among other things, they were just not cleaning the facility very well there. They were also rough with the residents. I just did not like that place at all.

So far everything seems to be okay.

So far everything seems to be okay. It's just a short respite stay There was one issue with pharmacy billing, but we are working on that. Other than that they were very good. They called me to let me know how things were going and were accessible when I had questions.

very attentive

Brookdale Place of Albuquerque seems like it's changing. They are doing construction and I am concerned because of this the price may increase. If it does we may not be able to have mom here anymore. I couldn't be happier with the staff that are running the facility. They are very attentive and nice here. We are quite happy overall.

Caregivers Are Great

I think the caregivers at Brookdale Place are good. I think the personal caregivers on the floor are really great, they do a great and caring job. However, I would not rate the overall management as well as the I would the caregivers.

Our first 30 days.....

My mom has been a resident at Brookdale Place of Albuquerque on Tramway Ridge NE. for a little over a month.
This is a very difficult move for all family members, especially for mom. We needed a facility with memory care as part of the services offered.
There are many things that I like about Brookdale, and some things I am not pleased with.
For the positives: Mom was able to bring her own furniture, cat and personal belongings. This has been huge, as mom feels comfortable and safe in her room. She has never shared any feelings of being scared or not aware where she is ( when in her room). However we told during the "sales" process that there would be help moving the furniture to her room once we arrived. The help was a cart or two, no physical muscle. I would have been fine knowing what exactly "help" is, as we expected a little more. They certainly made it sound like there would be more.
That is said and done. Also the payments as to when and how much was not clear to us in our "sales" pitch. It took a few calls on my part to get and understand exactly how much would be coming out of our first payment. We were told we would receive a 25 % discount. But when I called I was told that they were waiting for "approval" from corporate office.. ???. I do not understand how you can tell someone they have something, when indeed they don't, at least off the get go. I did finally did get answers, but thank goodness I called prior many times to get answers as to exactly what was coming out and why, because the first payment was much more than expected.
Another positive is the food, my mom enjoys the meals and looks forward to them, although I am concerned about mom losing weight, and I have not gotten any answers yet on that. We are waiting for her 30 day review. Which I am very anxious to get some feedback as to how mom is making out and where we are heading. There seems to be a turnover in staff, which makes me nervous. But I am told from friends who have dealt with parents in assisted living situations, that is the nature of the business. Staff members I have meet are friendly and helpful, and seem to be attentive to residents. I do like the fact that they call each resident by their first name and do know all the individual names. I see a natural smile come to mom's face when certain care givers talk to her. I do not like it though, when they offer live music as an activity that the workers talk loud in the background preparing to serve drinks and snacks. Maybe they are not aware that it is rude to performers and half of the audience can not hear very well. I find that disturbing. I also wish they offered more outings and walking opportunities for residents.
But as for the biggest positive and the reason I chose Brookdale is that the facility is clean, well decorated and has a feeling of an upscale hotel. My mom thinks she is on vacation many days. I never heard anything derogatory about Brookdale from friends who have been in this situation before me and used Brookdale. My mom is not entirely happy there, but she is not entirely unhappy and that is HUGE. It has only been a month, overall I am satisfied, but plan to continue to keep an open eye and ask many questions. I need for my mom to be in a safe environment with professional and responsible employees who do care about her.

They do a great job communicating and keeping me informed of my mom's needs. They seem very caring and genuine and show affection towards the residents and it's been a good place.

I think they are doing a great job.

So far they doing very good. I think they are doing a great job. They have been very caring, and helpful. I don't have any complaints at this time, even about little things like food or parking. We are very happy with them so far.

No comment

Its all expensive so the value is good. I don't have an informed opinion on the activities. I don't really have any additional comments.

I thought they did very well.

I thought they did very well. I thought they were very professional. They were very good to her, while she was here.

A Good Community

Brookdale Place of Albuquerque is a good community. The staff is very friendly and the staff to resident ratio seems to be adequate. My Mom likes the food and the staff in the dining area are very attentive and the do have a variety of food available. They do not have pendants available, however the community seems very safe. There is a concierge at the front door. They do have transportation available for residents.

They have a very good variety of activities scheduled, I just wish my mother-in-law would take part in them more.

I really don't have any complaints. Mom is still getting used to things, but thus far it has been a very pleasant experience with Brookdale Place of Albuquerque. The food is really good, and all the staff from the aids to the nurses are excellent and incredibly friendly.

I think they are doing fine.

I think they are doing fine. They were less expensive than a lot of places, however the price goes up if the care goes up and that can be a significant increase. The caregivers there are wonderful! They are such patient people, they have taken good care of him. It's nice and clean, they are always cleaning. It's a good place, it just isn't working for us.

A great experience!

Brookdale Place of Albuquerque has been great for my Mom. With the scheduled activities and help for hygiene I would recommend this for anyone that has a loved one with memory loss.

The weekends are a little scattered as this is the time for visitation. It would be nice if the housekeeping on the weekend was more prompt. The weekend was the only time that I did smell pee. (My Mom's roommate is a bed wetter). Overall though the staff is so friendly and willing to answer any and all questions. So far this has been a good fit for my Mom.

Nice place

Overall I think Brookdale Place of Albuquerque has a lot to provide their residents. It's a nice looking, clean community and the staff are all very friendly! However I think they could do a much better job getting their new residents integrated and involved in the community. They have a lot to offer but don't do a good job of showing new people around.

This seemed like a nice fac...

This seemed like a nice facility, but we left this tour rather upset. We were informed in poor fashion about Brookdale's merger with Emeritus; Susan said Brookdale had bought out Emeritus. She then told that us Emeritus would have to drop it's 'Join Their Journey' program of memory care and adopt instead Brookdale's 'Clare Bridge program. Susan then failed to even explain what was wonderful about the Clare Bridge program! It was off-putting, and I don't think I'd select this location for Mom just based on this interview.

Only complaint is the billing department.

It's a nice place that is clean with a friendly staff. All of those things. The only complaint I have with them is their billing department. When I signed a contract, my loved one was able to live independently, but he fell before he had a chance to go there, and went to the hospital and emerged with severe dementia. They are very expensive for memory care, more than I can afford. I have yet to get my money back, and my loved one never set foot there. They said they would give me a refund and their bookkeeping department has managed to screw all of that up.

This was a lovely community.

This was a lovely community. We were going to go here, but it was going to be assisted living. They waited until about a week or so before we were going to need them, and then assessed my loved one to need more care, and was no longer a good fit. This left me scrambling at the last minute to find something. That was frustrating.

Not recommended

I really wasn’t happy with this community. The way they communicate with families could be better. The laundry service could have been better. The parking was okay. I really don’t recommend this community to anyone.

I'm very happy with them.

I'm very happy with them. They are very clean, and the staff is very friendly. There isn't really anything that I would like to see improved. They now have a monthly meeting with the caregivers which is good. I liked that there is a lot of freedom for him to wander and move around, and they have a beautiful yard they can go out in, and they have birds in a cage and an ice cream parlor. It's a nice environment.

Very friendly and caring staff

So far this place has been wonderful! The staff are very caring and compassionate, and they're really doing everything they can to help our loved one settle in and adjust to this new situation. They're great about staying in communication and always get in touch with me to give me updates on her mood and condition. I feel completely comfortable about her safety, whenever I visit I see that they check in with all the residents very often. They do a great job here, and I'd definitely recommend taking a look at them!

Looked fine, not quite right for us

We toured this location while looking into options for my loved one. It was a nice enough looking place, and the staff were friendly. However, we had a very specific level of care we were interested in, something a step above assisted living but not quite at the skilled nursing level, that was not available here.

Brookdale Place - Albuquerque

Brookdale has a very friendly atmosphere all the way from sales staff to care givers. They really wanted to know as much as possible about my husband to make him feel at home which to me was very important!

Good For The Right Situation

I toured it twice and I think that it's a nice facility and it was well taken care of but again it just wasn't the right amount of care for my mother. It's not a lock down, the portion that we were looking at anyway. They do have a true memory care lock down but my mother needed something in between the two. I had looked at it once before for their assisted living and I thought they didn't watch them enough. Then when my mom needed watching I didn't think they did it enough. For the right situation it seems like a really nice place. The people were very nice and everything but considering our situation it wasn't quite right there.

Aging in Place - Perfect!

They are great. The people are really nice! In terms of value, it is a lot of money, so good thing it's hers! I am so impressed. I can't think about anything that they could improved. My mom is not in memory care, but they do assist her with her memory problems. It's great because she thinks that she is in a full independent living apartment. She has her own kitchen. As she progresses with her memory loss, she will be able to stay in the same place and the nurses and care options will come to her. Since my mom has moved in, they have covered the thermostat and taken the door off the closet per my request. They are very accommodating. They remodeled the place before she moved in. Brand new floor and carpet. Jenison from About Senior helped my mom move three times. Hung her pictures, and hired people to do heavy lifting. She was absolutely fantastic.

Not Suitable for Our Situation

It just didn't look like the right environment for my wife. The people in it, there were a lot of them that were way beyond where my wife was in her dementia. They were nice but I knew my wife would have a tremendously difficult time coping with being around those people. It would just not be suitable. Also, they had limited medical facilities. They could get a nurse in if we needed one but we were way beyond that. A nurse on staff would have been better for us.

Wonderful Care

He is on hospice and has an extensive amount of care. What they do is just great. I could never hire a person at home to do what they do. I couldn't hire a team of people to do what they do. They are just really good to him. Activities are probably a five, that's hard because everyone's a little different.

Food is also about a five, and the layout is excellent.

Brookdale Place of Albuquerque had homey atmosphere and I had several recommendations from people I respected whose parents had done well there.

This was a bit too 'assiste...

This was a bit too 'assisted' for what we are looking for. Everyone was nice but just did not click with either my mother-in-law or myself.

I would put my dad here again, none of the deficits would have me make a different decision

We have noticed at times the housekeeping seems to let down as far as keeping his room and trash picked up or little things like that but I also understand that there has been a turnover of personell so that may have something to do with that. Its little oversights, nothing huge like cockroaches, or they'll change his catheter but they will leave it open; however, overall, the care is good. They were willing to take it on and teach their personell how to do it. Its not something they typically do and most of the other people do not have it; however, my dad does not have bed sores, they check on him regularly, it looks liek the meds are correct and Dr. Sandoli is very on board with that and we like him a lot. You have to pick your battles, you don't want to complain on the spot on the rug when your dad isn't being taken care of, that wouldn't be correct. Overall the facility is nice, its clean and they take good care of my dad.

Great Medical Staff!

One thing that I left out before that I think is really important is that there are a couple of nurses and some really good med tech staff. They have kept on top of all my mom's medical needs. Anything we've expressed to them as a concern, they've made sure to follow up on. My mom had an awful doctor and they are helping us move along the process of finding a new one. They call us and let us know before she runs out of something. To me, that means the world because it really shows that they're paying attention to what she needs and alerting us so that she's not at a loss. It makes it a lot easier for us to do our part.

They're highly responsive. They know what to look for and that means that they know what they're doing.

We really love this place!

Cheerful and Bright!

The assisted living director and the people that we delt with for moving my mom in were all fabulous! A couple of times I've visited in the evening and the staff has been not quite as friendly. I haven't been able to talk to them about that yet.

The value is off the chart! The care services are pretty good. It's only been two weeks so they're still getting to know my mom but what I experienced was good. There was one young lady that didn't lock my mom's wheel chair, and it could have been that my mom didn't want it locked, but she tried to stand up and she fell. I walked in and was able to help her.

The food is very healthy and on some occasions it's even gourmet. After my mom's first day she said everyone is so nice! She's been participating in things like watching tv with other people and I know she's attended some yoga classes.

Brookdale is very cheerful and bright with a lot of life. They have a pet dog that my mom just loves and an aviary and a garden. It's all really positive.

Really Pleased

Really pleased. Setting is really nice especially for my mother. The third floor that has a small dining room, so someone that gets confused easily won’t wonder around and get lost. Lower level has a picnic area very attractive and it has beautiful views of mountains. Some of the furnishing just need to be updated. Employees seem happy to be there and are very courteous. The food is good but portions are small however they can get another serving. Seems pretty healthy and has a big variety.

pros - can handle all of our needs. ...

pros - can handle all of our needs. cons- pricey, facility, wants them involved in lots of activities, no pets, potentially lots of different staff.

Nice combination of Bear Canyon and C...

Nice combination of Bear Canyon and Carestone. A bit pricey $2,700. Room very, very small on 3rd floor. Might be too isolated.

Brookdale Place of Albuquerque provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.