Camden Springs - Elk Grove, CA

poor management

They "offer" two entre choices for lunch (the main meal) and dinner but FREQUENTLY run out of the alternate choice. Too bad... you sat on the wrong end of the dining room. And management has no/zero interest in customer or resident comments ... their attitude: don't interrupt their lives with any input.

Nice community.

Camden Springs is a nice community, it's well kept. The staff is accommodating. They do offer a lot of activities. The food is okay.

Food not good

We had breakfast with my mom really bad they have a menu for the week but didn't have the items listed for breakfast. Eggs were powder eggs asked for some kind of breakfast meat bacon, ham, sausage. Server said nope we were very disappointed. Should have taken her out I hope she didn't have to pay for our breakfast.

Great Place for Mom

My mother has lived there for a month; so far it has been a wonderful experience. The food is great; my mom has some special dietary needs and they have been very helpful in determining what works for her. The best part so far is the friendliness of staff and residents. My mom really enjoys mealtimes, relaxing and visiting around the table. She also enjoys the activities.

[removed] check out facilities on your own and you have more leverage. Easy to do online.

great place

Only 3 wks and still find it very nice, lots of good people.

An excellent community entirely for independent seniors. Most other communities have a mix of independent and assisted living, and those facilities all seemed to be a majority assisted seniors. My parents would have felt out of placed being surrounded by others who were not very mobile and much more dependent than them. Camden Springs is not for assisted living needs, so it was a great fit for my parents to be surrounded by others as independent as they are.

Review of Camden Springs Independent Living in Elk Grove, CA

Near dog groomers, hotel like setting Mom felt safe and wanted second floor. $4,095 for 2 bedroom/2bath and $2,995 for 1 bedroom The commons is $3,400 for 2 bedroom

Prestone's first week in residence.

Prestone appears to be enjoying himself, residents are friendly, staff are helpful. Facility is well kept, meals are good, grounds are beautiful.

They don't allow smoking ...

They don't allow smoking at all.

I love Camden Springs!

I love Camden Springs! The staff is very friendly, and very helpful. The food is delicious.

Such a great place!

It is a six for cleanliness or more, it is so clean. It smells really good! It's beautiful! It feels like you're on a cruise ship. They have a wonderful weight room and exercise room. It's a very nice workout room all very safe, really efficient. I love that place, I'd live there myself, I don't worry about him at all. They have a nurse here. He can be free and live regular but there is assistance if he needs it. The food is to die for, it's amazing. They get three huge meals a day better than any restaurant you can go to. He thinks he died and went to heaven. Amy with A Place For Mom was so helpful, I was lost, she totally helped me and gave me all kinds of options and checked up on me all the time. It was like I had someone there holding my hand and helping me through each step.

Good Food and People

There are a few thing that my grandmother has had to get used to but overall she seems very happy. They've been very accommodating with her diet so she's very happy with the food. They seem to be very attentive when they do the cleaning. The staff is super. Everybody goes out of their way to be friendly. It's very middle of the road as far as cost. It's not super high end but it's not by any means cheap. It's independent living so if she needs help we would have to bring in outside help. They do meals and housekeeping and things but nothing medically. I think what it boiled down to was my grandmother really liked the food and the people here. The woman showing her around was very attentive.

My Grandma is Happy There

It's independent living so the care services are not applicable. The food is pretty good - I'd give it a 4. They have arts and crafts, book club, bible study, excursions...those are all the things that I know my grandma has done. She likes it there. She's happy with all of it.

Larger facility with lots of amenities

We were looking for a facility that was large enough where we could meet a lot of people. Camden Springs has a lot to offer it's residents, there is an excersize room, library, theater, really anything you could want. They also welcome suggestions from residents as far as amenities they offer.

Beautiful grounds, well maintained, n...

Beautiful grounds, well maintained, nice area but still in development. Although I was a bit early on purpose, director was not either prepared for the visit. Very much like my benchmark, the Vintage in Lodi, actually the same architects! Gorgeous community areas including the computer and movie areas. Director was more than amenable to giving us "a deal".

The most beautiful! Huge 2 bdrm 2 bat...

The most beautiful! Huge 2 bdrm 2 bath apt. with balcony and delicious food. Lots of extras.

Camden Springs Gracious Retirement Living is now open. We offer studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom/two bath suites. No long term Buy-Ins or leases required and all utilities except personal telephone and extended cable are included in the month-to-month rent.

Our retirement community amenities include three delicious chef-prepared meals each day served in our gracious dining room, bus service, housekeeping, and maintenance service. Please view our Amenities & Services page for more details about what we offer at this beautiful new retirement community.

Residents at Camden Springs Gracious Retirement Living will enjoy a variety of activities from exercise and wellness classes to crafts, in-house movies, and group outings. Our friendly and qualified staff values our residents and focuses on helping each individual become a part of our community. Camden Springs offers the fun of a vibrant retirement community and the independent lifestyle you value.