The Commons at Elk Grove - Elk Grove, CA

Caregivers very attentive and work well with me.

She's been there only a month.

The cost is expensive.

The meals particularly stand out; they are excellent.

It is assisted living; there is no kitchen. My mother needs more attention. They are very attentive to her needs. The caregivers are very attentive, and they work well with me. They keep me informed. I would say they do an excellent job.

There aren't enough activities. I wish there was more entertainment, particularly more music. They have one field trip a week, and more would be nice.

The location is just down the street; it's very convenient.

It is working well for my mom. She is much happier.

The point system is very unclear and broad.

The point system to figure out the "extra care" she will need is unclear until you get the bill. There needs to be a gray area for the care provided that is extra. Dementia is very broad and it's not fair to assume she is at the worst side of the scale. The cost for a very small room is very high to begin with so to add services that may not be required seems very unfair. I was told she will be watched so to be clear, we will be watching how well she is being watched.

early review

Too early to know Care or Activities. Looks like many other quality places. Move in won't be for two more days.

It's beautiful and you don't feel like you are in a hospital or old folks home.

It's beautiful and you don't feel like you are in a hospital or old folks home. The other places had a smell, this does not. It's gorgeous, you walk in with an open free feeling, not closed dark hallways. Their level of care goes all the way through hospice. They have their memory care area that is secured. The rooms are beautiful, it's like they are at home and not like a hospital.

Everyone has been very helpful and ca...

Everyone has been very helpful and caring given the hard choices which have been made. The employees and other tenants have gone out of their way to provide a welcoming experience. The best part is knowing my parents are getting nutritious meals daily.

Out of all of the places th...

Out of all of the places that I have visited this was my least favorite. It was very loud during my time there. I felt rather rushed during the tour, the facility did not have the amenities that I was looking for and the rooms were very small.

I met with Patricia and she...

I met with Patricia and she took me on a tour and met the staff. I was also able to have a brief conversation with the Director and the owner of the facility. She tried to help me with our budget but we were to far apart.

Nice Place - One Large Building

The Commons was nice. At first I thought that my mother-in-law would have liked it there because it's more encompassing in that it's one huge building instead of a campus with individual buildings. It's all one big place. Now, knowing her health issues, I think she would gotten lost or closed herself off there. They have kitchenettes in the rooms so it would be easier for her to stay shut up in there.

Nice Place with Care Available

It's a really nice facility. The biggest thing was the cost. They cost more than some other options we were looking at. They actually have the transition to if you need more care. At that time, my grandmother didn't need the care. Of course, a few weeks later she fell and broke her hip. Had she been there when it happened she wouldn't have had to leave her home community but it had to be her choice and she liked another place. This was probably the second choice but it was more money.

Happy With Them

I'm happy with them. I think they're fine. I think there's not very many activities. That might be do to the fact that the patient has Alzheimer's and it's difficult to plan activities for them.

Their staffing is really low which I guess is difficult for most places but I though there would be a higher staff to patient ratio.

We chose it because it was it was clean and the people were friendly and my mom was able to have her own room and her own shower by herself.

Mom's flourishing here

We chose it for 2 reasons: about 2-3 years ago we had gone over there to see the palce when it was brand new and we had liked it a lot; however, we weren't readuy financially to do it and we chose it also because it was close to where we live. We checked out other places in the area and came back to The Commons. My mom is kind of a special case because she lived in a nursing home before and moved up to assisted living, she's only one of the few that did and she knew that she was going to break out of there (her words) at some point and go to a better place so she's really happy to be in a place like this. The only downside of course would be the money, but it really is worth it for her; the demographics of the residents are similar and she feels like they're all so similar. I could jsut go on and on about how wonderful it is for my mom and how happy she is there

Bright Community

The Commons is a great community the colors are very bright and there is lots of light coming in to the building. It is not dark and depressing but rather warm and welcoming. The staff is really friendly and the community is very clean. The fact that they allow a lot of light in really helps keep a more positive attitude. We are pleased with The Commons and would recommend them to anyone.

At The Commons at Elk Grove residents enjoy private, spacious studio, one and two- bedroom suites surrounded by their own furniture and personal treasures. A place to call their own. Our residents also find an array of choices the stay physically and mentally challenged. Services provided include accommodations for every lifestyle, including independent and assisted living, memory care, and a choice of floor plans complete with restaurant-style meal plans and recreational/fitness facilities on site. Enriching social programs provide a full spectrum of educational and cultural opportunities focusing on individual needs and interests. All this while still providing the professionally supervised personal care assistance that they require.

Conveniently located in Elk Grove, residents can take advantage of nearby shopping, restaurants, medical facilities and recreational opportunities. Cozy yet elegant surroundings, stimulating activities and excursions, exceptional amenities and extra help when needed – you’ll find all this and more at The Commons at Elk Grove.