The Farrington at Tanglewood - Fort Worth, TX

The Farrington at Tanglewood - Fort Worth, TX has yet not published prices.

Review of The Farrington at Tanglewood

My mother formerly lived in a very nice independent facility. It became obvious that her memory issues required greater assistance. We found the Farrington at Tanglewood (previously a Brookdale facility). From top to bottom, this is a very high quality senior community. The staff is very sensitive to each residents needs and helps us family members know to help our loved one. I sleep through the night knowing my 94 year old mom is at The Farrington.

Review of The Farrington

Amazing. Even the front office people know all the resident's names. They are very hands on and caring.

Was impressed from the start. The staff and residents made me feel welcome and wanted. The unit iliked that is available has a nice east facing window overlooking the courtyard and gardens. All the assisted living residences and a tivity centers were all along the corridors for Easter of access. The food was fabulous.

The Farrington, new name same smiling faces

Great option for loved one. Toured community and will be moving parent here next month. Great care and the food is delicious. Managers and staff are happy and very welcoming. Highly recommended despite a few negative reviews, I think The Farrington is the best option in the Tanglewood area.

I visited this facility yesterday and found the staff to be friendly. [Name removed] is the one that helped me, she gave me a tour and sat down to discuss costs with me. This facility is Type B, and might be a good fit for my dad. They had several nice touches such as appropriate activities sitting in cozy corners. I liked it and would consider. There were a few places that I thought could be a bit cleaner, however I only detected urine type smell one time. Not bad really.

Smelt of urine, carpets were very dirty.

This is a very nice assisted living and memory care option. The staff clearly are engaged with the residents. We spoke with the 'maintenance guy' and it is clear he is very passionate about the facility -- the way they treat their employees, as well as their residents. This is not exactly what we are looking for at this time, but should my parents be ready for assisted living without independent living, this would be a place of consideration.

This is a good assisted living option. Facility is new. Residents are grouped into specific 'houses'. The common areas are large and open, but in carpeted, so they are loud (not so great for people with hearing aides). Rooms are studio-type only -- where the bed and living area are all in the same room. Kitchen is part of the common area. This looks like a really nice place if you are looking for more 'attentive' senior living (assisted in nature).

Not for Mom

I toured this community and as soon as I walked in I was ready to walk out. The odor when you walk in will knock you over almost. The staff was really nice and answered all of my questions. It is a older community and the lighting was bad. If they would do some refurbishing it would do wonders. Just not the place for my mom.

I toured

When I toured this community the staff was friendly and helpful. It was just to much of a nursing home feeling. Where people needed more care than my parents. They are still very independent. It was a nice community but we chose a different one.

Options for care

We toured this community and likes the staff. The community was bigger than what we wanted for my sister. The staff was nice and they had a lot to offer. The menu had good meals and the activity would have been nice to see her participate. We would suggest that other familiar tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Tour Was Nice

We had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well overall. The staff was kind, and helpful. It was not the community for us, but overall our tour went well.

A nice our for care

This is a nice community for the care and comfort for a family member. The staff was nice and the community seemed to be clean. The menu looked appealing. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one. We wanted a big room

A Very Credible Job!

The staff is friendly and helpful. They make me feel very welcome and are easy for me to communicate with. They provide activities and try and get everyone to participate. I've had a stroke so I do not participate in all of the activities. I'm improving in my walking, and the staff is very good at motivating me to move more. So they could offer more variety in their menu. It is very bland, institutional type food. They provide snacks for the residents. It is very clean and they do a credible job. My room is like a hotel, it is exactly what I wanted, large and inviting and perfect for my needs. The community bus is available for trips into town to do shopping. I've been twice and feel very assured that I will always make it back to the community. They looked after me on my trips into town, I feel safe knowing they make sure I get back to the community.

A visit

The cost of this community seemed to be a little higher than other communities in the area. The people I met when I visited were nice. The community seemed clean. This community is in an area close to malls and to the bus line.

Very nice director!!

The director at this community was very friendly and I could have not picked a better person to give my loved one and I a tour. She was attentive to my questions and make sure to give us a detailed look at there facility. They had a beautiful property with lots of great amenities for the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision.

Keep looking!!!!!

My family member has been extremely unhappy since moving to tanglewood oaks. Care and food specifically have been awful. I've eaten once and you couldn't pay me money to eat there again and I had a fruit plate thinking no way could that be awful but I was very wrong. My family member who is living there feels that most of the issues are related to the administration and not staff. As much as the elderly resist change we are making a costly and very disruptive move. Think long and hard before placing a loved one at this facility.

Lack of Care

My mother is doing okay, she is currently in the hospital. We are figuring out where she will go once she is released. I do have my concerns about this community. They are lacking in caring for their residents, and their needs. The staff needs to be more attentive, and helpful. Also they have not followed through with many of the promises that were in our contract. When we bring our issues up to the director. They say they will fix the issues, but nothing changes. They are slow to respond when needed for help. They do a good job with the cleanliness, and the meals are nice. Overall we have had a lot of challenges with this community.

Great Staff at This Community

I'am pleased with my mothers move to this community. She is doing very well, and everything is working out very well. They have a great, caring staff at this community. They have been great keeping us inform about my mother. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. She cleans her plate every time she eats, the food is good. This is a community I would recommend, it is a nice facility.

My Visit To The Community

The staff I met at this community during my tour was nice. The community looked beautiful. This community was located a little farther away than what we were looking for. This community was a little more expensive than the community we chose.

It was okay...

When I toured Brookdale Tanglewood, I thought it was very nice but it was not what I was looking for. Also, to be fair when I toured it I did not know that my mother needed memory care.

Least favorite community we toured.

Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks seemed very institutional and too large for my aunt's needs.

Care for a friend

I am happy to see that my good friend is getting good care at this nice community. The staff are very attentive and caring to his needs. The menu is very good and a nice variety that is offered. They do have alot of nice activities that are available. We would recommend this community for good care and value for other families.

Great Experience!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had received at this community. All of the staff where friendly and made sure to give my loved one and I a detailed tour of there facility with lots of great information. The property was maintained very well and kept clean for all of there residents. It was just not the right fit for my mother.

A good place to look into

This was a great community when we visited. This was originally our first choice. The community we chose did have larger rooms and offered more for the price. The staff here were nice and the community is clean. The other community just offered more of a family feeling.

Great home away from home!

Tanglewood has been great. It took a little to get my mom situated. ( but I know she can be somewhat difficult) they worked with her and actually have gotten her involved with some of the activities. Better than I've been able to do! They have great caregivers, nurses and Staff they greet everyone by name and are genuinely concerned.
If I have had ANY issue [Removed], Executive Director, has been right on top of it, even down to taking her a treat now and then...I would definitely recommend. [Removed]

Don't Care for This Community too Much

I didn't really care for this community to much. It wasn't the fit for my mother. and her needs. The facility is a high rise building, and I wasn't very comfortable with that. There were many factors that played into where to place my mother for her needs. Unfortunately this wasn't the place for her.

Comfort For Dad!!

I would recommend the Brookdale because the staff has been very helpful int he process of getting my father moved in. My father likes to go to mass Wednesdays and Sundays there in the community. They have a very nice dining room, and the meals are good from what I have heard.
The only problem we have had so far is that the toilet in my father's apartment keeps running and they told us that they have ordered the part, but its been a few days now. Other than that, it's a great place so far, my father is relatively happy.

Home for dad

I like the care that my father is getting with the great staff. The community is very clean and well taken care of. The food is good and he is happy with the variety. They have offered him activities for participation with others. I would recommend this for a good value and the great care that is given to other families.

Communication Needs to be Better

There seem to be some communication difficulties between the caregivers and the nurses. My mother went in with a small bedsore, and within a month it was horrible! They were apologetic, but surely one of the girls putting my mother to bed must have seen how bad it was getting and should have reported it!

I am giving them one more chance.

Clean and Well Maintained!!

My mother has enjoyed all of the activities offered at the Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks. The meals are decent but don't have a very good taste sometimes. The maintenance of the community over all is good but could use some improvement. The paperwork to get into the community is a little confusing.

Worth taking the tour!

The tour of Brookdale Tanglewood was very pleasant. We have liked all the Brookdale communities that we have spoken and met with so far. They staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. They do a wonderful job addressing all of our concerns. The community is very nicely kept and updated throughout.

This is a nice community!!

I like the people and the community at Brookdale. The menu looked good and the food smelled good. My dad did not seem comfortable with this community. It may be because this was the first community we looked at.

It's A Nice Place

My father-in-law isn't staying her anymore because I felt the dementia care was not adequate enough. The community is very nice, clean, and have nice people around. While staying here, there was not much involvement and this really disappointed me. The meals were suitable and tasted okay. My father-in-law was also provided with room cleaning services so that was a plus. Overall I like the community, it is a good place.

Friendly faces and helpfull staff!

My Dad moved in to the Brookdale Tanglewood facility in early January at 87 years of life on this planet. He was living in his own home and driving but passed out at church and the Dr "suggested" that he should not live alone or drive.
He was greeted warmly by the team at Tanglewood and has made two "meal buddies". He seems to be having a challenge with getting into the activities, but we are praying as he acclimates that will improve.

Great Place!

The staff really care for their clients. They follow through on requests, such as hanging a valence above a window when my mom moved in. The client/staff ratio is very low, so your family member will get plenty of attention. I wish Clare Bridge Crossings program had existed 2 years ago--my mother would have benefited from being in it earlier.

Although and older facility, it ticked all of our boxes. The staff was cheerful and willing to meet our demands. The rooms we saw were small but workable. Closer to home for us, which is very appealing.

As far as i'm concerned, they just do everything fantastically. The only thing I can see would maybe the aides there. They probably need a few more and the ones that are on duty need to pay more attention to the residents. I say that meaning that they aren't as well trained as they should be. When the patient has to tell an aide how to empty a catheter that's usually not a good thing. Little things like that, but otherwise no complaints.

Pretty alright

In the time we were at Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks it seemed fairly nice, but I felt some things like care and activities could use some improvement.

There was an odor as soon as I walked in.

We were scheduled to tour here, they knew we were coming, but they didn't seem very prepared for us. There was an odor as soon as I walked in. I didn't stay long, I could tell right away this wasn't going to work for us.

Great spot for my Mother. She has dementia so spends most of her time in the memory care unit, but has her own apartment & the staff checks on her frequently. Can't say enough about this place; I go there often, at all different times & have not been disappointed.

Very nice facility. Lovely garden area available to residents. Apartments are large and well lighted.

Good

Mrs.King loves the way they get treated.

Broookdale Tanglewood Oaks receives very good rating.

Very pleased. Food is good with good food service. Social activities good for younger (< 90) individuals. Staff friendly.

They are doing a very good job.

They are doing a very good job. The only concern that we have had is getting converted to the physician, and getting medication as quickly as she needs them. The billing is very confusing, we have had to talk to the business office twice. Patient care, and the people that take care of the residents are wonderful people, good as gold. The memory care director is phenomenal. But the business side of it, has been very frustrating. They are serving the same kind of food all the time, and it isn't usually what she likes, and they said that they would cater it to her likes a little, and they don't. They have different kinds of activities, but in the memory care I don't see as much. It is very clean. Claire the memory care director is what made us choose to come here. She is phenomenal and we felt an immediate connection to her. They have them all together, the memory care residents, they aren't just shoved off into a category. We also really liked the location too, and the ability to visit easily.

Review of Brookdale Place Tanglewood Assisted Living in Houston, TX

Very nice facility and staff. The new memory care area looks great. This is my second time to visit in 2 years. We would probably move mother here except there is no place for her to walk. The halls are short and there is no room outside to walk safely.

My favorite so far. Very c...

My favorite so far. Very clean, elegant, great apartment space for the expense and Kaitlan is awesome. I like the options to explore respite but also transition to Assisted Living.

They really were a good place.

They were clean and the staff was friendly. There was a lot of one on one care, and they had a lot of group activities. They had a lot of things to keep the residents interested. They tried to get her working on the rehab. They have long term care, and assisted living as well as independent living. It was mostly the price that made this difficult for us. They really were a good place.

A Blessing For Mom

Tanglewood Oaks was such a blessing for us. My mom liked it immediately and the staff have been very attentive to any questions we have had as a family. The facility is clean, the staff is very friendly. Tamela and Sonja are the best!!! The most important thing is that we can tell the residents are happy there. It's such a nice community.

Not worth it

My mother was there for a month before they checked her sugar levels! And they were giving her insulin daily! Nurses don't seem to care and rarely answer the call button in less than 10 or 15 minutes. I would hate to have an emergency and have to wait for them to walk down the hall to my room. Also, she had her [removed] while there along with several other elderly patients. Very expensive. I was told that once insurance ran out that it was going to be $250 a day. Way not worth the price.

Not what it appears to be!

This facility is fair by comparison to others. But don't get too comfortable and don't let the elegant looks fool you because once the money runs out, you will be treated like yesterday's newspaper! Also, the nursing care is poor. My mother was taken to the hospital shortly after staying here. The hospital staff discovered that her stomach was extremely bloated. They later found out that she hadn't urinated in weeks which meant that the nursing staff at the Hampton either hadn't noticed it or knew about it and hadn't done anything! They never hooked up her feeding tube and insisted on using cuff BP machines which are known to be inaccurate! Bottom line, this facility is not what it appears to be. As the saying goes, don't judge this book by it's cover!

Emeritus is absolutely great! They've...

Emeritus is absolutely great! They've been very nice and very helpful! We have had no problems with them at all! We chose them because the building is one story, which is very nice. Also, there's only about 75 residents, which is a little bit nicer for my loved one. Overall, nothing but good things to say!

Our Fears were Eased

For the variety of people that live there, the activities are really good. There is no one activity that will fit everyone. A lot of nice things have happened with the staff. Of course you are really scared going into this, and they know that and they understand that that is how we are coming into the situation. They really make an effort to ease that fear. I didn't know that they would do that. They went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable. It is a very nice high rise apartment building, and there are a lot of those in the neighborhood. It seems to blend in with the neighborhood.

Nice facility but staff did...

Nice facility but staff didn't seem engaged with the residents.

More Activities Would Be Nice

The care had been adequate. It's pretty much what my mom needed. I think activity wise they do have some but I would like to see more activities. They've got bingo and they'll have a movie night but each one of those is like once a week and just for one or two hours. My mom isn't able to take advantage of them when they have them just based on the limited amount and the times the do them. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the way they're taking care of my mother.

LOCATION!!! Friendly staff...

LOCATION!!! Friendly staff & energy!!! Physical, mental & social activities. Various prices on private large rooms, bring own furniture, safe bathrooms. Easily transferred to memory care unit should need arise, housekeeping and laundry service, visiting physicians, on-site physical rehabilitation, enclosed courtyards, pets allowed. Offered us a FIXED MONTHLY RATE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Liked it, didn't see memory...

Liked it, didn't see memory care so will go and see.

I was impressed with Emeritus- the pe...

I was impressed with Emeritus- the people were especially nice to my mom - one of the residents hugged her - The director spent time with us and was very knowledgeable about mom's needs.

Very warm people. beautiful courtyard...

Very warm people. beautiful courtyard roomy. has memory care easy transition.

Nice central location - closest to bo...

Nice central location - closest to both residence and work. Emergency call device on lanyard as well as in rooms! Decor is very sedate. LR furniture had been selected by residents, so casual-homey rather than professional decor. the Director is new so feel I need to verify what he's told me.

Nice place, priceed well. I dont reme...

Nice place, priceed well. I dont remember a lot of the details about this place, would like to visit again. This is my number two choice.

This is a wonderful place for my dad....

This is a wonderful place for my dad. I love the staff here. The main complaint is the food - that's from my parents. I think that that is the only thing that they have told me they weren't happy with. I believe we all feel that way when we go out to eat and some times it's good and sometimes, not.

They liked it but were not as impress...

They liked it but were not as impressed with the care after change of ownership. ** There have probably been several ownership/management changes since the one I was so displeased with. We had several years of pleasant memories there.

Oustanding place. Lightinng is great...

Oustanding place. Lightinng is great. Place very clear and new. It seems it would work out for his needs, but facility has unfair contract clauses such as unfair practice for avoiding court suit, arbitration and limited liability and waive of jury is determined the arbitration to be ilegal. Also, transportation is very restricted to specific days, hours and miles. Directors wants medical appointments to be coordinated one month ahead. There are high costs associated to medical managements if not using Pharmamerica, the preferred pharmacy used by the facility. These costs are in addition to fees paid on the medical management fees. The place is condition for being there all the time. Individual transportation are not provided at any time except in group. The director is hard to deal with. Transportation offerred with promotion package is a trap to attract clients. Contract does not provide clear clause for terminating the contract, just the resident may terminated the contract. I can anticipated somebody trying to terminated the contract will have hard times.

Stepmom & Dad visited here. Marilyn s...

Stepmom & Dad visited here. Marilyn said it was "good or ok". Dad didn't like it because they dont have a private room. No dog either.

Very impressed. Out of price range ho...

Very impressed. Out of price range however.

In the former Marriott. The assisted...

In the former Marriott. The assisted living section seems an after thought. Or the stepchild. Parking a NIGHTMARE. They will gladly valet though for Free.

Includes basic cable, no phone. 11 x...

Includes basic cable, no phone. 11 x 16 room $2225, 1st level of care $375, 25 x 65 $2565.

Assisted Living & Memory Care-389 sq ...

Assisted Living & Memory Care-389 sq ft apt. Skilled Nursing across street.

Loved the way they care for residents...

Loved the way they care for residents in the Memory Care area.

We offer a home like setting and cheerful smiles from our professional staff who greet you everyday at .The Farrington at Tanglewood

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Pegasus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.