Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks - Fort Worth, TX

Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks - Fort Worth, TX has yet not published prices.

Smelt of urine, carpets were very dirty.

This is a very nice assisted living and memory care option. The staff clearly are engaged with the residents. We spoke with the 'maintenance guy' and it is clear he is very passionate about the facility -- the way they treat their employees, as well as their residents. This is not exactly what we are looking for at this time, but should my parents be ready for assisted living without independent living, this would be a place of consideration.

This is a good assisted living option. Facility is new. Residents are grouped into specific 'houses'. The common areas are large and open, but in carpeted, so they are loud (not so great for people with hearing aides). Rooms are studio-type only -- where the bed and living area are all in the same room. Kitchen is part of the common area. This looks like a really nice place if you are looking for more 'attentive' senior living (assisted in nature).

I toured

When I toured this community the staff was friendly and helpful. It was just to much of a nursing home feeling. Where people needed more care than my parents. They are still very independent. It was a nice community but we chose a different one.

Tour Was Nice

We had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well overall. The staff was kind, and helpful. It was not the community for us, but overall our tour went well.

A nice our for care

This is a nice community for the care and comfort for a family member. The staff was nice and the community seemed to be clean. The menu looked appealing. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one. We wanted a big room

A Very Credible Job!

The staff is friendly and helpful. They make me feel very welcome and are easy for me to communicate with. They provide activities and try and get everyone to participate. I've had a stroke so I do not participate in all of the activities. I'm improving in my walking, and the staff is very good at motivating me to move more. So they could offer more variety in their menu. It is very bland, institutional type food. They provide snacks for the residents. It is very clean and they do a credible job. My room is like a hotel, it is exactly what I wanted, large and inviting and perfect for my needs. The community bus is available for trips into town to do shopping. I've been twice and feel very assured that I will always make it back to the community. They looked after me on my trips into town, I feel safe knowing they make sure I get back to the community.

A visit

The cost of this community seemed to be a little higher than other communities in the area. The people I met when I visited were nice. The community seemed clean. This community is in an area close to malls and to the bus line.

Keep looking!!!!!

My family member has been extremely unhappy since moving to tanglewood oaks. Care and food specifically have been awful. I've eaten once and you couldn't pay me money to eat there again and I had a fruit plate thinking no way could that be awful but I was very wrong. My family member who is living there feels that most of the issues are related to the administration and not staff. As much as the elderly resist change we are making a costly and very disruptive move. Think long and hard before placing a loved one at this facility.

Least favorite community we toured.

Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks seemed very institutional and too large for my aunt's needs.

Great Experience!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had received at this community. All of the staff where friendly and made sure to give my loved one and I a detailed tour of there facility with lots of great information. The property was maintained very well and kept clean for all of there residents. It was just not the right fit for my mother.

Clean and Well Maintained!!

My mother has enjoyed all of the activities offered at the Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks. The meals are decent but don't have a very good taste sometimes. The maintenance of the community over all is good but could use some improvement. The paperwork to get into the community is a little confusing.

This is a nice community!!

I like the people and the community at Brookdale. The menu looked good and the food smelled good. My dad did not seem comfortable with this community. It may be because this was the first community we looked at.

It's A Nice Place

My father-in-law isn't staying her anymore because I felt the dementia care was not adequate enough. The community is very nice, clean, and have nice people around. While staying here, there was not much involvement and this really disappointed me. The meals were suitable and tasted okay. My father-in-law was also provided with room cleaning services so that was a plus. Overall I like the community, it is a good place.

As far as i'm concerned, they just do everything fantastically. The only thing I can see would maybe the aides there. They probably need a few more and the ones that are on duty need to pay more attention to the residents. I say that meaning that they aren't as well trained as they should be. When the patient has to tell an aide how to empty a catheter that's usually not a good thing. Little things like that, but otherwise no complaints.

Pretty alright

In the time we were at Brookdale Tanglewood Oaks it seemed fairly nice, but I felt some things like care and activities could use some improvement.

There was an odor as soon as I walked in.

We were scheduled to tour here, they knew we were coming, but they didn't seem very prepared for us. There was an odor as soon as I walked in. I didn't stay long, I could tell right away this wasn't going to work for us.

Broookdale Tanglewood Oaks receives very good rating.

Very pleased. Food is good with good food service. Social activities good for younger (< 90) individuals. Staff friendly.

They are doing a very good job.

They are doing a very good job. The only concern that we have had is getting converted to the physician, and getting medication as quickly as she needs them. The billing is very confusing, we have had to talk to the business office twice. Patient care, and the people that take care of the residents are wonderful people, good as gold. The memory care director is phenomenal. But the business side of it, has been very frustrating. They are serving the same kind of food all the time, and it isn't usually what she likes, and they said that they would cater it to her likes a little, and they don't. They have different kinds of activities, but in the memory care I don't see as much. It is very clean. Claire the memory care director is what made us choose to come here. She is phenomenal and we felt an immediate connection to her. They have them all together, the memory care residents, they aren't just shoved off into a category. We also really liked the location too, and the ability to visit easily.

They really were a good place.

They were clean and the staff was friendly. There was a lot of one on one care, and they had a lot of group activities. They had a lot of things to keep the residents interested. They tried to get her working on the rehab. They have long term care, and assisted living as well as independent living. It was mostly the price that made this difficult for us. They really were a good place.

A Blessing For Mom

Tanglewood Oaks was such a blessing for us. My mom liked it immediately and the staff have been very attentive to any questions we have had as a family. The facility is clean, the staff is very friendly. Tamela and Sonja are the best!!! The most important thing is that we can tell the residents are happy there. It's such a nice community.

Not worth it

My mother was there for a month before they checked her sugar levels! And they were giving her insulin daily! Nurses don't seem to care and rarely answer the call button in less than 10 or 15 minutes. I would hate to have an emergency and have to wait for them to walk down the hall to my room. Also, she had her [removed] while there along with several other elderly patients. Very expensive. I was told that once insurance ran out that it was going to be $250 a day. Way not worth the price.

Not what it appears to be!

This facility is fair by comparison to others. But don't get too comfortable and don't let the elegant looks fool you because once the money runs out, you will be treated like yesterday's newspaper! Also, the nursing care is poor. My mother was taken to the hospital shortly after staying here. The hospital staff discovered that her stomach was extremely bloated. They later found out that she hadn't urinated in weeks which meant that the nursing staff at the Hampton either hadn't noticed it or knew about it and hadn't done anything! They never hooked up her feeding tube and insisted on using cuff BP machines which are known to be inaccurate! Bottom line, this facility is not what it appears to be. As the saying goes, don't judge this book by it's cover!

Emeritus is absolutely great! They've...

Emeritus is absolutely great! They've been very nice and very helpful! We have had no problems with them at all! We chose them because the building is one story, which is very nice. Also, there's only about 75 residents, which is a little bit nicer for my loved one. Overall, nothing but good things to say!

More Activities Would Be Nice

The care had been adequate. It's pretty much what my mom needed. I think activity wise they do have some but I would like to see more activities. They've got bingo and they'll have a movie night but each one of those is like once a week and just for one or two hours. My mom isn't able to take advantage of them when they have them just based on the limited amount and the times the do them. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the way they're taking care of my mother.

I was impressed with Emeritus- the pe...

I was impressed with Emeritus- the people were especially nice to my mom - one of the residents hugged her - The director spent time with us and was very knowledgeable about mom's needs.

Very warm people. beautiful courtyard...

Very warm people. beautiful courtyard roomy. has memory care easy transition.

Nice central location - closest to bo...

Nice central location - closest to both residence and work. Emergency call device on lanyard as well as in rooms! Decor is very sedate. LR furniture had been selected by residents, so casual-homey rather than professional decor. the Director is new so feel I need to verify what he's told me.

Nice place, priceed well. I dont reme...

Nice place, priceed well. I dont remember a lot of the details about this place, would like to visit again. This is my number two choice.

This is a wonderful place for my dad....

This is a wonderful place for my dad. I love the staff here. The main complaint is the food - that's from my parents. I think that that is the only thing that they have told me they weren't happy with. I believe we all feel that way when we go out to eat and some times it's good and sometimes, not.

They liked it but were not as impress...

They liked it but were not as impressed with the care after change of ownership. ** There have probably been several ownership/management changes since the one I was so displeased with. We had several years of pleasant memories there.

Stepmom & Dad visited here. Marilyn s...

Stepmom & Dad visited here. Marilyn said it was "good or ok". Dad didn't like it because they dont have a private room. No dog either.

Includes basic cable, no phone. 11 x...

Includes basic cable, no phone. 11 x 16 room $2225, 1st level of care $375, 25 x 65 $2565.

Assisted Living & Memory Care-389 sq ...

Assisted Living & Memory Care-389 sq ft apt. Skilled Nursing across street.

Loved the way they care for residents...

Loved the way they care for residents in the Memory Care area.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.