We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Physical Therapy Available
- Occupational Therapy Available
- Speech Therapy Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Dentist Available
Bethesda Gardens is a uniquely designed, beautifully landscaped, not-for-profit, community,offering a full range of services and floor plans. Our program addresses the needs and preferences of the most active, to those that need added assistance. We offer full laundry service; weekly housekeeping; daily trash pick up; fully licensed and certified nursing staff; 24 hour emergency call system; medication supervision; scheduled transportation; three balanced meals a day; activities program; exercise program; all utilities paid, including local telephone and cable; and 24 hour caring staff. We are located in SW Fort Worth. Our bright, lovely community is single story, light, and spacious.
The fifth largest city in Texas, Fort Worth covers an area of approximately 350 square miles in the north central portion of the state. With 854,113 inhabitants, according to the most recent population estimate (2016), Fort Worth is also the second largest city in what has become known as the €œDFW Metroplex€ (Dallas - Fort Worth - Arlington Metropolitan Area). It is also the home of several nationally renowned universities, including Texas Christian, Texas Wesleyan, University of North Texas Health Science Center, and Texas A&M University School of Law.
Fort Worth offers a good variety of housing facilities for senior citizens, and while a vehicle is necessary for running most errands, transportation is available for those who require it.
- Walkability Score: Fort Worth has a walkability score of 34, which means that even though some errands can be run on foot, most will require the use of a vehicle or public transportation.
- Average Age: The average age of residents in Fort Worth is 31.2. Approximately 10% of the population falls within the 60+ age range, with most in that group being between 60 and 64 years old.
- Senior Housing Facilities: Fort Worth is home to 325 different senior housing facilities. All have different features and services, with some focusing on independent living, others on assisted living or Alzheimer's care, and some on nursing care.
- Veterans Facilities in the Area: The Fort Worth Vet Center, located at 6620 Hawk Creek Avenue in Westworth Village, provides information for veterans, including the location of facilities, outpatient care centers, and special activities. Veterans can request information by calling 877-927-8387.
Transportation in and around Fort Worth offers a wide variety of options for seniors looking to run errands or spend a night out on the town. From well-defined bus routes to special transportation and recreational transport, seniors' transportation needs are covered.
- Buses: Bus routes are controlled by the Fort Worth Transportation Authority, which offers discounted passes to seniors.
- Trains: Fort Worth is served by two rail lines: Trinity Railway Express and TEXRail. Both offer senior discounts.
- Taxis: Over 10 taxi companies offer services in Fort Worth, including Yellow Cab and DFW Taxi Services.
- Rideshares: Uber and Lyft are two of the most senior friendly rideshare services in Fort Worth. Blacklane Services offers luxury vehicles for special occasions.
- Mobility Impaired Transportation Service: The Fort Worth Transportation Authority also offers MITS Paratransit, where trained drivers assist passengers when boarding or alighting these special vehicles.
Health and Safety
Fort Worth is well known for its medical facilities, making it an optimal place for senior residents. Here they will find state-of-the-art care throughout the entire city.
- Hospitals: The area surrounding Bethesda Gardens is served by several hospitals, including Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, Mesa Springs, and USMD Hospital.
- Crime Rate: Because of its rapid growth, the crime rate in Fort Worth is above the national median. It has a score of 5.25, meaning there is a 1 in 190 chance for an individual to become a victim of violent crime.
Sports and Leisure
Sports and leisure activities are part of the heart and soul of Fort Worth. Residents can enjoy a wide variety of options, including four golf courses and a number of other choices to keep themselves active and healthy.
- Golf Courses: Four golf courses have found their home in Fort Worth, including the Meadowbrook Golf Course, the Pecan Valley Golf Course, Rockwood, and Sycamore Creek. All of them offer individual and group lessons for seniors, organizational services for tournaments, tournaments for seniors on a regular basis, and an average discount of 40% for those over the age of 62.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Those who love tennis can enjoy one of 46 tennis courts and clubs in the Fort Worth area, including Creekside Park (public) and Lofts on Hulen (private).
- Gyms: Ten senior friendly gyms offer a range of exercise programs for seniors in the Fort Worth area. Facilities include LA Fitness, Larry North Fitness, and Anytime Fitness.
Shopping and Entertainment
Seniors can keep themselves busy at one of the many shopping centers, movie theaters, and attractions in Fort Worth. An afternoon with friends can be topped off with dinner at some of the best restaurants in the state, which feature delicious food and good senior discounts.
- Clothes Shopping: One of the most popular activities in Fort Worth is shopping. Seniors can find all the clothing and accessories they need at Sundance Square, where they can also enjoy a delightful cup of coffee and a delicious gelato, or take a quiet afternoon at the Thomas Kinkade gallery.
- Grocery Stores: Albertsons, Aldi, and Walmart are some of the most popular grocery stores in Fort Worth.
- Luby's: One of the most popular restaurants in Texas, Luby's has three locations in Fort Worth.
- Other Restaurants: Most restaurants in Fort Worth, including Applebee's, Bennigan's, Denny's, and Country Kitchen, offer senior discounts ranging from 10 to 15 percent.
- Movie Theaters: Fort Worth offers at least 10 different movie theaters. The most popular is AMC, which has four separate locations.
In addition to the above, Fort Worth offers a great selection of attractions and other facilities. All of these are mobility friendly for those who require some extra help getting around.