Bethesda Gardens Fort Worth - Fort Worth, TX

Bethesda Gardens is a uniquely designed, beautifully landscaped, not-for-profit, community,offering a full range of services and floor plans. Our program addresses the needs and preferences of the most active, to those that need added assistance. We offer full laundry service; weekly housekeeping; daily trash pick up; fully licensed and certified nursing staff; 24 hour emergency call system; medication supervision; scheduled transportation; three balanced meals a day; activities program; exercise program; all utilities paid, including local telephone and cable; and 24 hour caring staff. We are located in SW Fort Worth. Our bright, lovely community is single story, light, and spacious.

The fifth largest city in Texas, Fort Worth covers an area of approximately 350 square miles in the north central portion of the state. With 854,113 inhabitants, according to the most recent population estimate (2016), Fort Worth is also the second largest city in what has become known as the €œDFW Metroplex€ (Dallas - Fort Worth - Arlington Metropolitan Area). It is also the home of several nationally renowned universities, including Texas Christian, Texas Wesleyan, University of North Texas Health Science Center, and Texas A&M University School of Law.

City Info

Fort Worth offers a good variety of housing facilities for senior citizens, and while a vehicle is necessary for running most errands, transportation is available for those who require it.

- Walkability Score: Fort Worth has a walkability score of 34, which means that even though some errands can be run on foot, most will require the use of a vehicle or public transportation.

- Average Age: The average age of residents in Fort Worth is 31.2. Approximately 10% of the population falls within the 60+ age range, with most in that group being between 60 and 64 years old.

- Senior Housing Facilities: Fort Worth is home to 325 different senior housing facilities. All have different features and services, with some focusing on independent living, others on assisted living or Alzheimer's care, and some on nursing care.

- Veterans Facilities in the Area: The Fort Worth Vet Center, located at 6620 Hawk Creek Avenue in Westworth Village, provides information for veterans, including the location of facilities, outpatient care centers, and special activities. Veterans can request information by calling 877-927-8387.

Transportation in and around Fort Worth offers a wide variety of options for seniors looking to run errands or spend a night out on the town. From well-defined bus routes to special transportation and recreational transport, seniors' transportation needs are covered.

- Buses: Bus routes are controlled by the Fort Worth Transportation Authority, which offers discounted passes to seniors.

- Trains: Fort Worth is served by two rail lines: Trinity Railway Express and TEXRail. Both offer senior discounts.

- Taxis: Over 10 taxi companies offer services in Fort Worth, including Yellow Cab and DFW Taxi Services.

- Rideshares: Uber and Lyft are two of the most senior friendly rideshare services in Fort Worth. Blacklane Services offers luxury vehicles for special occasions.

- Mobility Impaired Transportation Service: The Fort Worth Transportation Authority also offers MITS Paratransit, where trained drivers assist passengers when boarding or alighting these special vehicles.

Health and Safety

Fort Worth is well known for its medical facilities, making it an optimal place for senior residents. Here they will find state-of-the-art care throughout the entire city.

- Hospitals: The area surrounding Bethesda Gardens is served by several hospitals, including Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, Mesa Springs, and USMD Hospital.

- Crime Rate: Because of its rapid growth, the crime rate in Fort Worth is above the national median. It has a score of 5.25, meaning there is a 1 in 190 chance for an individual to become a victim of violent crime.

Sports and Leisure

Sports and leisure activities are part of the heart and soul of Fort Worth. Residents can enjoy a wide variety of options, including four golf courses and a number of other choices to keep themselves active and healthy.

- Golf Courses: Four golf courses have found their home in Fort Worth, including the Meadowbrook Golf Course, the Pecan Valley Golf Course, Rockwood, and Sycamore Creek. All of them offer individual and group lessons for seniors, organizational services for tournaments, tournaments for seniors on a regular basis, and an average discount of 40% for those over the age of 62.

- Tennis Courts/Clubs: Those who love tennis can enjoy one of 46 tennis courts and clubs in the Fort Worth area, including Creekside Park (public) and Lofts on Hulen (private).

- Gyms: Ten senior friendly gyms offer a range of exercise programs for seniors in the Fort Worth area. Facilities include LA Fitness, Larry North Fitness, and Anytime Fitness.

Shopping and Entertainment

Seniors can keep themselves busy at one of the many shopping centers, movie theaters, and attractions in Fort Worth. An afternoon with friends can be topped off with dinner at some of the best restaurants in the state, which feature delicious food and good senior discounts.

- Clothes Shopping: One of the most popular activities in Fort Worth is shopping. Seniors can find all the clothing and accessories they need at Sundance Square, where they can also enjoy a delightful cup of coffee and a delicious gelato, or take a quiet afternoon at the Thomas Kinkade gallery.

- Grocery Stores: Albertsons, Aldi, and Walmart are some of the most popular grocery stores in Fort Worth.

- Luby's: One of the most popular restaurants in Texas, Luby's has three locations in Fort Worth.

- Other Restaurants: Most restaurants in Fort Worth, including Applebee's, Bennigan's, Denny's, and Country Kitchen, offer senior discounts ranging from 10 to 15 percent.

- Movie Theaters: Fort Worth offers at least 10 different movie theaters. The most popular is AMC, which has four separate locations.

In addition to the above, Fort Worth offers a great selection of attractions and other facilities. All of these are mobility friendly for those who require some extra help getting around.

For healthy senior living only

Our mom lived here for nearly five years. The first 1.5 years were good, but after local management turnover, things changed for the worse. Prescription management and security (jewelry stolen) were the first major issues. Never had one fire drill during her total tenure here. As long as your resident is reasonably independent, and in good health, this place is OK; but as dementia progressed and additional support required, professional care services fell below our expectation (and their promise) for these paid services. There are a handful of caregivers here who are wonderful and caring; treating our mom as their own to the last day. The rest were clock punchers. During the years we initiated regular reviews with their management resulting in no positive change. We realized then that the less than compassionate attitudes came from top down, including the president and corporate officers. Why did we stay? Honestly the location proximity to our homes was a major factor allowing us to personally oversee her care, and our concern of introducing change to mom. We had to install CCTV in her room just so we could tell if she had fallen. When mom’s PCP and HH finally recommended memory care, we moved her away despite Bethesda having a separate memory care unit but it was managed by the same inept people. Moved to a new facility and she is now showing real signs of improvement in just one week.

Saving Time

We had a main goal to pick a better and convenient community. I called to see if they were a fit to tour. They were not as close as I had hoped and we found a closer community to the family so we decided to not continue with the tour.The information I got from them was helpful.

A nice community for care

The care at this community is good. The care from the staff is outstanding. I like the menu is appealing and she has been pleased with the good variety. The staff try and keep her active with the other residents. I would recommend the care and the value to be what we're looking for

Comfort for dad!!

My father is doing really well, he is adjusting and the staff has been very helpful. The facility is clean and organized. What we liked most about this place while choosing was the availability and price. Also, we liked the fact that it is all on one floor, so we don't have to worry about stairs.

Point system pricing and facility-like layout

Bethesda Gardens was nice but there were a lot of rather long hallways. I felt it was too impersonal. They also operated off of a point system for care. So you didn't know exactly what the price would be. I wasn't impressed with the person in intake.

Very nice community!!

During our tour I had noticed how clean and well maintained the building was and I was very impressed. They had a spacious floor plan and a great dinning hall area for the residents. The only issue that my parents had noticed was the rooms where way to small and they where way too far from the dinning room as well as activity center

Wonderful Community!

Our loved one's are doing great at the community Bethesda Gardens Fort Worth. They are enjoying the variety of options available to them at meals. They have lots of activities for them to enjoy. The staff are very easy to work with and helpful.

eliminated - not what we are looking for

A little Expensive

This community worked out very well for us I do feel they are doing a good job of caring for my mother. We had one issue with the cleaning, but they did quickly resolve it. The staff is friendly and welling to listen to your concerns. There are good activities like travel trips work out classes so they keep the residents busy. I would say the food is good. It is a little expensive, but I would recommend it this is a nice community.

Nice place, overall!

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Bethesda Gardens, I'd give them high marks across the board. It's a nice looking place, and although the move-in was a bit rocky my parents seem to have settled in well. The people here are friendly and professional, and while I do think some of their admin processes leave a little to be desired, overall it is a very nice place.

Bethesda Gardens Memory Care

Bethesda Gardens Memory Care Facility is a wonderful place for my mother. Would highly recommend

They didn't do anything they promised me they were going to do.

I was not happy with them. They didn't do anything they promised me they were going to do. They didn't keep up with my care, or the care of my dog. They had a bad attitude, I would call for help, and they would say that they were busy. The management was really nice and talked it all up, but when it came to the staff, they wouldn't do the work, or if they would, they would have a really bad attitude. I chose them because they said they could do all the things that I asked about. The laundry and the housekeeping was okay, but the rest of it was awful. They didn't have a schedule to keep, nobody knew what to do when, and the same person never came to help. The residents were offering to help me, more than the staff.

Bethesda is the best

We looked at 4 facilities and decided on Bethesda Gardens. After 6 weeks, we do not regret the decision. The staff is attentive, the food is fabulous and our mother is very happy.

All the people at Bethesda have been wonderful in helping my mother in law become part of their community. They have answered endless questions from us and my father in law and helped ease our transition.

Review of Bethesda Gardens Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Fort Worth, TX

very clean. seemed pricey. not a big complex. no physician on staff , not able to have them take u on errands. have to eat at scheduled meal times. staff friendly, residents appeared happy. small rooms. staff ratio is 15-1

Placement occurred 2 weeks ago, so no...

Placement occurred 2 weeks ago, so not a lot to report. The Community is very clean and does not smell. Still trying to work out some kinks as staff gets to know husband. Food could be better. Did report problem with food one day to Director. They seem to care about the individuals & try to accommodate. This is just a very tough job. I looked at several communities and choose this one because of private room & bath and cleaniness.
I am still doubting my decision for placement, but I understand this is normal for spouse. This is a memory care facility & I feel my husband is not on same level (not a progressed with disease) . Wondering if I should have waited on placement. Maybe I should have visited several more times, I did visit 3 times at different times of day, but you need to see activities and meal time.

Nice place, overall

My loved one hasn't been here long, and is having a difficult time settling in, but I think the staff of Bethesda Gardens are doing the best they can with the situation. The staff are all very caring, patient, and professional, and they've been very accommodating. The maintenance staff in particular have been quick to resolve any issues we bring up.

A Bright and Warm Solution

Bethesda Gardens is a bright and homey living option. We enjoy the personal service, the maintenance, and the convenience of the building layout. The halls are warm and bright,and the apartments have much natural light with lovely natural views.

Everything has been excellent.

Everything has been excellent. I think their pricing is very good. They are quick to take care of any needs and concerns. They have weekly and daily activities. On weekends the parking can be a little difficult, because this is when everyone is visiting. The food is great, we really don't have any complaints.

Not Enough Assistance

She was there for three years, but that is where she got the really bad UTI, and fell and went to the hospital.
It just wasn't enough assistance. It is difficult to find a place that they really takes care of them!

I toured Bethesda Gardens Assisted Living in Ft. Worth, Texas. I was very impressed. They handle everything for you. The food was good, the facility was beautifully furnished and comfortable. Lots of activities, beauty shop, personal bank. They send an aide with your loved one to the doctor and furnish transportation. She loves her new apt. and cannot believe everything is done for her. Consequently, she is doing way better than her original assessment by the hospital! That's what happens when people thrive and are happy. Glad I listened to my senior advisor, who encouraged me and explained things to me. I could not have placed my Mom without her.

Wonderful place.

Wonderful place.

2/29/12 visit - The director is daugh...

2/29/12 visit - The director is daughter of a co-worker of mine - just discovred today. Location is straight down Granbury Rd from work (TCU) Lower prices available here; non-profit puts excess money back in improvements and supports charity. Very little turnover in staff. Bright and cheerful. Room wing hallways have very high ceilings with windows high on wall. Dining room is very large and near entrance; restaurant-like in apperance. Basic static menu with one special on lunch menu. Asked about staff to resident ratio and response was that this is an artificial indicator of service.

Love, love, love this facility. Their...

Love, love, love this facility. Their concept is wonderful.