The Vantage at Cityview - Fort Worth, TX

The Vantage

I am happy with the services my husband has at The Vantage. My only worry is that the food is not hot when reaches the fourth floor

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. We will address the food temperature issue right away. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Elegant, yet comfortable

The service at The Vantage is really nice, there is always someone at the front desk, they always know where to direct people, but are not high pressure, and the place is elegant inside, yet comforting. The food is rather good, but there are not as many options as I thought there might be. This place is busy. There are so many activities going on, it's always buzzing with excitement. The Vantage is always tidy, and the maintenance is very fast to answer requests as well.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. We'd love to speak with you about how we can provide you with more dining/food options. Please reach out to our Adam, our Dining Director or Jason, our Executive Director and they would be happy to accommodate you.

Was my top #3

I toured lots of places and when I toured this community it was fabulous. We were very impressed with how pretty and clean it was .The staff was nice and helped with all our questions. Was in my top 3 to chose from they just had a waiting list. So we had to go elsewhere.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and we are sorry to hear we didn't have an opening for you. Please check back in with us as apartments become available quite often.

Very Nice, but Far Away

Vantage at Cityview was one of several communities that I toured with my mother, and overall, we liked the community very much. From what we saw, the community was lovely and well kept, the staff was friendly and caring, and they had plenty to do to keep the residents busy. However, I felt that it was further away than I would have preferred to travel for a visit, and I thought I might be able to find a community closer but just a nice. As a result, we ultimately chose another community for her care

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback is very important to us. We are sorry to hear our location was too far for you. If you change your mind, please come back and join us for a meal. We'd love to have you.

I am doing okay since moving here. I am doing some of the activities not much but the residents seem nice enough. The staff is friendly and helpful when needed. The food is okay.

Tami Cumings

Thank you for your comments. Our top priority is resident satisfaction so if there's anything we can do to make your stay with us better, please don't hesitate to speak to our Executive Director.

I Have No Complaints

I moved into the community and it is very nice and everything has been good. They dropped the price for me because they did not have some things they said they had. I feel like a queen with all they do for me. I have no complaints about living here.

It Was Very Nice

This community was very nice. The tour was informative the sales gentleman was super nice and helpful. We didn't see many employees or residents while on our tour. The community was nice and clean very well maintained.

A nice tour

This is a nice community for the care and comfort for a family member. The staff was nice and the community seemed to be clean. The menu looked appealing. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one. We liked that they offer special meals for the residents.

A great place for senior residents.The independent living is wonderful. A little disappointed with the Assisted living section. No patios, and no covered parking available, and the apartments are very small for two people.

We toured this community for my mom's care. They had a lot of nice staff members that we able to answer the questions. My mom did not like the environment.The community was very clean. They had a nice list of activities. We liked the menu that had a lot of choices to choose from. Activities are offered to the residents who want to participate. We would suggest a tour for someone looking for a nice community for care.

Not A Good Size For The Room

My loved one based their pick on location and the size of the room. This community was not equipped with a large apartment and it was in a location that was unfamiliar.

My tour

The person that showed us around was very nice. This community does have Comfort Keepers in the community if the residents require additional assistance. The community looked clean. This community has a pool and seems to offer some nice activities . This community was just a little out of our price range.

I have lived here 10 years and have not found a place that I think is better. It cost a lot to live here! I love the people but many of the residents are on walkers, canes , or wheel chairs. I especially enjoy the bridge and exercise program. The food and food service is not perfect but compared to other places our food is probably excellent.

Overall rating – very well.
Maintenance - outstanding.
Housekeeping – Very Good.
Transportation - outstanding.
Activities – outstanding.
Food – Very good.
Food Service – independent living – Very good.
Assisted Living – Poor

This is a well-kept community, great maintenance staff and everyone here is friendly.

Overall:
The location is ideal for my needs.
The staff is very nice and accommodating.
The activities provided are good especially for those who don’t drive.
The kitchen and menu leaves something to be discussed but the food is substantial; wait staff is erratic at times

I’m new to this community but have found this move to be a great one! The staff couldn’t be more helpful and supportive and the residents have been very welcoming and friendly.

Fort Worth is a great place to live.

Our [Removed] and her staff have our best interest at heart. They are working for the good of the community every day to try to keep the majority happy. We know this is not an easy job. We thank them very much for their efforts.

I enjoy the games and friendships and home development. I also like the idea if having help immediately if needed.
I think with some tweaking. This would be a wonderful place to live.

Looked examined several other retirement places. This one is better in many ways – food excellent like an upscale restaurant. Cleaning (well done)
Activities interesting (with) services.

The reason we picked this community was as soon as we come in the door we felt comfortable. People and staff are very friendly. The grounds are kept well.
Dining room is rather small food ranges from fair to excellent but breakfast is the best meal of the day. We have looked at homes and I feel this is the best for us.

This is a great place to live. The activities are varied. Workers are always trying to make it a better place. People living here make this a loving, Christian community.

Not having lived in any other retirement community I can’t say how The Vantage compares with other facilities in the retirement business. We do have great social activities and very good transportation service. The most important thing is the food and right now it is good.

Breakfasts are always excellent.
Employees and residents are very friendly.
Quality of food is very good at present time.
Transportation service is excellent.
Drivers are exceptional

I love living here at Vantage. After getting to know the residents that live here, it’s easy to strike up a conversation or get a game of “42” dominoes or play bridge, going. We have a restaurant, serving 3 meals a day. Our apartments are cleaned every other week. We have activities planned for us and we have a movie theatre. A church service is held every Sunday morning. We also have so much more too numerous to list all. It’s great living here.

They are nice, enjoying it very much. Everyone is very friendly.

My husband and I enjoy living at The Vantage. The community is one of friendly, people, interesting and enjoyable activities and supportive staff. The property is well maintained and in an area where shopping, restaurants and medical facilities are conveniently nearby.

We have been here eleven days so have not taken in everything yet. Our initial note was friendliness of staff and residents. All have a very positive and upbeat attitude. Transportation people were especially accommodating in helping us get to a doctor’s appointment without the people notice of time. We are still unpacking boxes, but do like it here and are happy with our selection of the vantage.

Molley Michel

We are so happy ya'll are here. Thank you so much for the wonderful review.

Comfort for Dad!

We like this facility very much! It is very clean and the staff are great! The meals are okay as well! There are plenty of activities for my father to participate in. Overall, we have no complaints about this facility!

A very nice place!

I also toured The Vantage at Cityview. The community was clean and well organized. When I visited, the tour guide was friendly and informative, it was a good experience but not the best fit for my father at the moment.

Molley Michel

Thank you so much for the compliments! We are here to help in the event something changes and your father can live here.

Good Tour of This Community

I had a good tour of this community. Everything went very well, and I enjoy my tour. The community looked nice. Everything was well-kept, and clean. The staff was friendly, and welcoming. It was a nice experience, but the location was to far for my family to travel too.

Molley Michel

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments.

A beautiful place!

When I toured The Vantage at Cityview, I got a good impression of the place. It was clean and everyone seemed to be very friendly. There was nothing major that I noticed would need improvment, it was just not the right for my mother.

Molley Michel

Thank you for your feedback.

Everything is going great!!

I have no complaints about the care my loved one has been receiving so far and am very pleased with how smooth the transition has went for her. She has had no issues with the food and has seemed to really like the different activities they have going on throughout the day. Overall everything is going great and we would recommend this community to anyone looking into retirement.

Molley Michel

Thank you so much for the great review!! We are here to help and make life much easier and fun for our seniors.

Friendly Staff!!

The staff was all very kind to my parents and I during our tour of this community. They made sure to give us lots of great information and answer any questions we had for them in detail. The only issue I had was how small the rooms where, my mom really wanted to bring her own dinning room table and it would have not fit in the apartments they had.

Molley Michel

We are so thankful for the kind review. Our Assisted Living does not have a dining room in the apartments; however, if you know anyone needing Independent Living, our 2 bedroom apartments have a separate dining area that will accommodate a dining room table and chairs. Thank you so much for taking the time for a lovely review.

Excellent Staff!!

The Vantage at CityView was an amazing place. Unfortunately, I had to move my loved one out, but the time that she was there the place was great. The staff is very friendly, they actually still go to visit her where she's at now just to check up and see how she's doing. I would defiantly recommend them to anyone,

Taking Care Of Mom

The are very good with my mom and she is doing well in the assisted living. A doctor from St. Johns comes to see her. She is adjusting really well. She likes the meals that are served and she has made some new friends. She plays bingo and goes to bible study.

Taking Good Care Of My Wife

Everything is going pretty well for my wife here at this community. They are doing a good job with caring for her and her needs. They keep the community very clean and well maintained. The staff is great, they are very helpful and attentive. Overall I know she in being cared for well and I would highly recommend this community.

Great Tour!!

The tour guide at The Vantage at Cityview was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions. During the tour we were able to visit actual rooms with residents in there. I got to see that the residents looked happy and their interaction with the staff was good. Overall, the community was clean and had wonderful staff.

Worth a tour!

The staff that offered the tour were very kind and knowledgeable. The living quarters had nice floor plans. The common areas were dated and not very inviting. It could use an update with paint schemes. We had lunch while on the tour and it was above average. It was presented well and not highly seasoned.

Friendly Community!!

This community was great. The people and staff here were very friendly. It was very well up kept and clean. My father was here very little unfortunately it did not work. I would recommend to family and friends.

They Offer A Wonderful Selection Of Activities

My mother is doing well here, everything is working out very well. She is really getting involved in the community, they offer wonderful activities for her to try. Everybody is very friendly, she has made a few new friends. The staff is great, they are helpful and kind. They do a very good job with keeping everything nice and well maintained. She is pleased with meals, the food is very good. I know she is safe and getting good care. This is a community I would recommend.

Recommend over other communities.

My father seems to be liking it at The Vantage at Cityview. He is getting settled in there. I would recommend this community over other ones I toured. The food I would say would be rated a four.

Nice looking place!

So very pleased with this facility. It has met every expectation for my parents. Great food, welcoming environment and an incredible staff!

It is horrible

It is horrible at The Vantage at Cityview. The food and dining room is just a horrible experience. The service and food is terrible. They say they will do things here and they don't. They still don't have anything fixed that they said they would. I would like to move as soon as possible. Everybody I know of here is ready to leave. It has not been a goo experience.

I think they have a friendly staff and good food is at the top of the list in things they do well.

CARE Was Wonderful

The facility care was wonderful itself. My mother got disoriented and fell which brought on more care than the facility could handle so I moved her to a different one. As far as value she paid an extra amount of money for the membership but was only there a month and wants to get a refund.

They are doing a very good job.

They are doing a very good job. My loved one is well placed. The staff is friendly, and the community is clean. They get a five in every category in my book. I don't have any complaints or concerns at this time at all.

It is going great so far.

It is going great so far. I don't have any concerns at this time. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. The care is good, everything is working out very well.

The Vantage at Cityview review

I moved to this location October 2005. This location has been a great location since I do not have family in this area. The residents here are family for me. When our rent is to increased, we should receive at least a 60 day notice in order to adjust our financial concerns. Food is very good and well prepared.

Olivia Drury

Dear JCW,

Thank you for the feedback about living at The Vantage. We really appreciate hearing your opinion and are happy that you have found a family in other residents at the community. This is exactly what living with us should be about. Thank you for the suggestion about providing a sixty day notice of rent increases. We will certainly look into why we provide thirty days and the possibility of extending that.

If you have any further comment or would just like to speak to me, you can contact me at [removed].

Sincerely,

Michael Juno-Sturm | Operations Director

Review of The Vantage at Cityview

Food is excellent. Food service is excellent. Maintenance is good. Security is good. Transportation is good. Cleaning is good. Concierge is excellent. Cost is good.

Review of The Vantage of Cityview

This is a community - a village where people are cared for and by one another. I am so greateful to be living in the "Vantage Village." You have my thanks and support!

The Vantage at Cityview Review

After spending almost 5 years here, I do not find anything to complain about.

Review of The Vantage at City View

I am starting my ninth year here. It is very adequate for my needs. I enjoy the people very much.

A great place to live

I like living at the Vantage in Fort Worth. I have lived here for two years and am very pleased with the service. The food is always very good, an the service is wonderful. Every one is so very helpful. We know have some new exercise equipment and the instructor is very helpful in helping you to learn how to use them. We have very good cleaning service here and there is always some kind of activity going on and they take you out on different trips. I just can't say enough about the Vantage and the staff. I would recommend the Vantage to any one that would like to move into a retirement home. You are made to fill very welcome and the people are very friendly that live here. We are one great big happy family.

Mom and The Vantage

We moved my 85 year old mother to The Vantage in December 2013. She has acclimated herself quite nicely to apartment living. She enjoys Wii Bowling, Bingo, getting her hair done weekly and the movies. She's made lots of new friends!!!
Everyone that works at The Vantage is really helpful and friendly. It's very convenient having Physicians Senior Services come directly to her apartment for all doctors visits, checkups and blood tests.
Overall, she's adjusted well and is happy.

Great quality of life

My mother has been a resident of the Vantage for the past 18 mos. She moved into her apartment after recuperating from an auto accident. Since she can no longer drive a car, the convenience of transportation was very important to us - especially for doctor appointments. The shuttle service is most convenient and gives her the mobility she needs to maintain her health, shop, dine out, etc.
And, the Vantage has provided so much more. Fine dining, social activities, exercise, movies, etc. are available. Her apartment is beautiful, spacious and well appointed. It gives her all the privacy she needs along with the security to make her family feel comfortable that she is safe.
The staff is friendly and helpful. We could not be more pleased.

service at the Vantage

I really like the Vantage. Everyone is so help and the food is great. The sevice in the dinning room is wonderful. Once you place your order it doesn't take long to get your order. The verity of food is wonderful. The hours in the restaurant are great. We have great transportation at the Vantage. and if we have a problem we always have someone to talk to. We have great cleaning service for individual apartments and the overall building is always. clean. We also have some great exercise classes. The instructer will always help you on if you need some extred help. Their always seem to be something to do here.

Vantage is an excellent choice for you and your family!

Congratulations to The Vantage for the 2013 Excellence award. It is hard to believe we chose Vantage with our dad almost two years ago. From the staff to the food; the movie room to the excercise classes everything is first class.
Your staff has been supportive during dad's illnesses and extended stay away from the Vantage this year and was helpful in reintegrating him into life when he returned. We cannot thank you enough and we recommend the Vantage to anyone looking for themselves or their parents. Our children love to visit and have special dinners with their Bapa and go to the movies. They are always treated specially by the staff too!

Starting out great

My father just moved in yesterday. The place is beautiful and has lots of nice features and the staff is helpful. My father chose this place from out of town based on their literature, my visit, and talking to staff on the phone. He was pleasantly surprised by the size of the apartment and the food in the dining room. This is turning out to be a very positive experience.

Secure Community

Our loved one chose this community because it met all his requirements. I really like that the community is secure and you need to have a key to get into the building. It does expensive for what they offer but I’m pleased with The Vantage.

I WAS EXTEMELY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING ...

I WAS EXTEMELY HAPPY WITH EVERYTHING I SAW. THEY HAVE EVERYTHING I COULD WANT. MOST OF THE FOLKS THERE FOR THE MOST PART ARE IN THEIR 70'S AND 80'S HOWEVER THEY DO HAVE SOME IN THEIR 60'S. THEY ARE WORKING ON GETTING MORE IN THEIR 60'S. LOVE THE APARTMENT, GOOD DOG RUN FOR MY DOGS, THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT

The Vantage at Cityview offers quality, state-of-the-art assisted living, senior living and memory care to Texas' Fort Worth area.

We provide a prime location in the residential area of the Cityview neighborhood in Fort Worth, Texas, allowing residents to quickly feel comfortable and at home, relaxing in our tranquil environment while also offering convenient access to all the luxuries of a larger metropolitan area. The Vantage at Cityview offers exceptional independent living, assisted living and memory care services and is committed to ensuring each and every resident’s needs are cared for on a personable, engaging and dignified level.

Come take a tour of The Vantage at Cityview, and experience The Arbor Way for yourself.

The Vantage at Cityview is a senior community in Fort Worth's cozy Bellaire Park North neighborhood. One of several senior living communities in the Bellaire-Cityview area, The Vantage welcomes a diverse population in a stimulating, mixed-use neighborhood that offers convenient access to shopping, recreation, and some of Fort Worth's best casual dining.

- Demographics: This neighborhood has long been attractive to educated professionals looking for a slower pace. Neighborhood Scout rates the area as friendlier to seniors than almost 98 percent of other Texas neighborhoods. The local demographics trend toward retirement age.

- Senior Population: The area around The Vantage is home to thousands of seniors, many of them living in about half a dozen senior care facilities. These include Brightstar, Greenbriar, and Autumn Leaves, with many Jewish residents choosing to live at Tarrant County B'nai B'rith.

- Weather: The weather in Fort Worth is typically Texan, if such a thing is possible. Winters are the definition of mild and sunny, while spring and fall tend to be warm and dry. Summers get hot in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, but long heat waves are often broken by sudden Texas thunderstorms that blow by as quickly as they start.

- Veterans Facilities: The Cityview community is bounded on its eastern and western edges by popular gathering places for veterans. To the west, next to the Pecan Valley golf course, servicemen of all ages enjoy each other's company at the VFW post 10429, while the VA North Texas borders the area to the east. Between the two, retired leathernecks can be found at the American Legion post and Texas Area Marines. Both are directly adjacent to the local Denny's.

Transportation

Local transportation is mostly a matter of private cars and on-demand ridesharing. Public transportation abounds in the city but is mostly confined to the city center and the corridor to Dallas.

- Public Transportation: Fort Worth is generally well-served by buses and trains, though service is sparse in Cityview. The 32 bus runs through the neighborhood every day, but connections have to be made to get around with any efficiency. Just to the east, the Trinity Railway Express runs in a straight shot to the heart of downtown, where it's easier to connect to the rest of the city.

- Taxis: Taxis and other ridesharing services are available in Fort Worth. Yellow, Checker and other licensed cab companies tend to cluster around hotels and airports, though they rarely take longer than 10 minutes to answer a call. Uber and Lyft are two of the major private rideshare services in town, and a ride can be summoned in minutes with either company's downloadable app.

Health and Safety

You can live a long, healthy life in Fort Worth, which has somewhat less of a pollution issue than neighboring Dallas. Multiple hospitals serve the area, as do many specialized clinics and private medical practitioners.

- Hospitals: This area is served by a plethora of hospitals and medical centers, notably the 80-bed LifeCare Hospital, Kindred, and Baylor Surgicare. It's also home to many more specialized medical facilities, such as Cook Children's and Trinity Foot and Ankle Specialists. Several rehab and physical therapy associates are also nearby for residents recovering from injuries and surgery.

- Crime: Cityview has a mixed record for public safety. Its four percent annual crime rate is on the high side for Texas though considerably lower than the general 7 percent rate for the entirety of Fort Worth.

Sports and Leisure

Enjoy some of the best golfing and other outdoor recreation Fort Worth has to offer in the Cityview area. Head indoors on rainy days and enjoy a comprehensive workout in one of the area's many gyms.

- Golf: Cityview and Bellair residents have the option of golfing on public courses at Benbrook and Pecan Valley as well as the clubs north and south of the freeway at Whitestone and Z-Boaz.

- Gyms: Enjoy senior-friendly aerobics and weight training at Fit For Life and CrossFitChisolm Trail, both of which are conveniently located in the large shopping complex across the street from The Vantage. If you're looking for something a little more hardcore to stay fit, the same complex is home to Legion of Honor Martial Arts, which welcomes seniors of all fitness levels.

Shopping and Entertainment

There's always something to do in Cityview, and there's even more on offer across the entire Fort Worth area. This neighborhood boasts fine dining, high-end retail shops, and many more run-of-the-mill stores where you can get anything you need at reasonable prices.

- Clothes Shopping: You can buy new clothes at any of a dozen shops in the Cityview neighborhood, and several of the best are right across the street from The Vantage. Academy Sports Outdoors has a wide selection of activewear, while more formal clothes can be had at Cityview Center, which is less than a mile from The Vantage.

- Groceries: Living at The Vantage, you're never at a loss for grocery shopping and other necessities. Albertsons and Quick Track serve most residents' needs, and a couple of local Walmart Neighborhood stores dot the area.

- Luby's: Fort Worth has five Luby's restaurants, one of which is right in the middle of Cityview. Others are strategically located around town, with several more in next-door Dallas. You're never too far from some serious comfort food.

- Other Restaurants: Dining options are far from limited in Cityview. Just within walking distance of The Vantage, you can have real Cajun food at Razzoo's or enjoy a tray of oysters at Lone Star. Cocktails and casual dining are on tap at the Fox & Hound, which is in the same lot.

- Movie Theaters: Catch the newest releases at the Movie Tavern, where you can also pick up traditional American fare, such as burgers and fries. Just a bit south, you can take in some old favorites at the AMC Hulen 10.

- Libraries: Scratch your itch for great reading at any of four public libraries in the Cityview area. Fort Worth Public Library is just north of the area, while Bainbridge and Wedgewood bookend the community to the east and west.

Religious Facilities

St. Peter's Antiochian Orthodox Church graces the south end of the Cityview neighborhood, while various Methodist and Baptist churches fringe the area in all directions. To the southeast, Westminster Presbyterian sits between the local LDS church and the Assembly of God-affiliated Christ Church.