Brookdale South Bay - Torrance, CA

Brookdale South Bay - Torrance, CA has yet not published prices.

The facility was very bright and open. There were a lot of available activity locations for the residents both inside and out. The staff we met were very nice and accommodating.

Dad is Happy here

This community is about 2 blocks from us so we can visit often. The staff is very helpful and friendly. It is well kept up. They clean his apartment 1x a week. The dining room is very nice there is a great cook and the food is good. There is lots of variety or you can order from a menu. They are very accommodating in that area. It is a very pleasant atmosphere. We are overall satisfied and would recommend this to my friends.

An Excellent Experience

My mother lives at Brookdale, and so far, it has been an excellent experience. The staff there is amazing. They are so helpful and wonderful to work with. The food is good, nutritious, and flavorful, and there are lots of options for activities there. Even though my mother is still warming up to the community, there is a ton of stuff for her to do if she wants to. I would absolutely recommend Brookdale to others

Nice tour!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community and so far I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointments and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the different amenities and activities they had for the residents. It was just not the right fit for us in the end decision.

Care and attention

This is an outstanding community. The staff is very helpful and attentive to his needs. The meals are appealing and a nice variety to choose from. The community is very clean. I feel comfortable with this community and would recommend the care to other families for a good value for a loved one needing a nice place to live.

This is a beautiful, modern, clean facility that would be my choice if it had assisted living. It is expensive but well worth it and it is close to where I live. Everyone was friendly and appeared happy. 1947 Woman

Impressed with this community

I am very happy with my choice on choosing this community for my mother to live in. I was very impressed with the staff and how organized they where when it came to how they ran things at this place. The food they serve is reasonable and they have a great activity list of things for the residents to do throughout there week. I liked how the staff addressed any issues that we have almost immediately after I make the complaint. I would defiantly recommend this place.

Very nice facility. Didn't have ability to care for dementia or alzheimer patients (except for additional cost).

Positive atmosphere!

I would recommend the Brookdale South Bay because it was the best one from all of the ones that we toured. It was more alive and there was a lot more residents out and about. There was not just planned activities, but also just residents interactive and there was more vitality. We liked it because there was a lot of residents and more opportunities for my loved one to find friends that he was compatible with.

My tour!

This community is a little nicer than the community we chose, however it is also a little more expensive. The community was clean and the people we met during our tour were nice.

Nice tour, This is a Kind Community

I toured this community for my mother and her needs. My tour went well, this is a nice community. The staff was friendly and courteous. The community looked good. From what I saw everything appeared to nice and clean. They were very kind and treated us well.

I like the activitieis and tronsportation to

Very happy here

Things are going fine and I am very happy here. I have been here two weeks and everything is going great. I have a whole new life here and things are going so well.
I have no problems or complaints with Brookdale.

excellent

Our experience thus far with Brookdale South Bay has been very good. We have only been there for about a week so our experience is somewhat limited, but thus far everything is positive. I really like that they have 24/7 concierge and there is pretty much nothing that they say no to. The food is excellent, and if the resident is not feeling well they will bring the food to them in their room. So far everything is going really well I and trust that will continue to be the case.

$5000 plus $1800 care=$6800

$5000 plus $1800 care=$6800

Best place for dad!

Out of all the facilities we toured, the Pacific Inn was the unanimous choice. Not just for the diversity of residents (which was very important to my Japanese/American dad) but for the first impression of friendliness and homey atmosphere. Residents and staff were active and involved. The tour was comprehensive and efficient and all questions were answered. Lunch was wonderful and the total experience was positive.

Nice clean facility. Apartm...

Nice clean facility. Apartments very small. Nice dining room, food looked good. No parking. Accepts cats. $5000/mo

Best place for dad

Seems to be the perfect place for my dad. Was impressed by the friendliness of the place and the employees. It isn't cheap but you get a lot. Of all the places we visited, it felt the most like a real home and not a hotel, institution or dorm! The apartment has a lot of fresh air and light and is a reasonable size. It is a really good fit for us.

I took a tour of this prope...

I took a tour of this property and slso had dinner there, which was very good. It is a really nice property and Tiffany was very accommodating as was Maryanne (sp). However, I feel now that I should stay in my home, possibly in a year or two I may have a change of heart. Thanks to every one for your help.

Not Much Visitor Parking

My aunt only wanted a one bedroom and they gave her a two bedroom for now. The only ting is they did not let us know that we are going to be on a waiting list. They said as soon as a single room is available they will let us know but we didn't know there were people ahead of us. They should have told us right away because now we don't know how long it will be before she gets a single room.

We chose Pacific Inn because, number one, it's close to our house. Number two, my aunt liked the place although they have very limited parking for guests, even on the street. It's not encouraging for family members to visit. I think they have an activity coming up for family members to join but if everybody comes then there's no parking. All that matters is she likes it there and she does.

When the time comes, this is the faci...

When the time comes, this is the facility we will use. . . .

good location - higher prices; appoin...

good location - higher prices; appointment on Tues 8/8 at 6:15pm w/the director liked this one ery much; will bring Mom for a tour in a couple of weeks.

Independent living ask about meds, la...

Independent living ask about meds, laundry help drivers

Brookdale South Bay is a gorgeous Independent Living community in Torrance, California. Our community is located just minutes away from Redondo Beach, Veterans Park and Del Amo Fashion Center. It has never been easier to get where you want to go with our scheduled transportation services!

Our unparalleled convenience spans further than our location alone, but also to the wide variety of services we offer residents. Stroll through our tropical courtyard and thriving rose gardens, golf on our putting green with friends or curl up with a book by the fireplace — there is something for everyone at Brookdale South Bay. We offer a variety of amenities and activities, including:

Yoga
Beach walks
Spanish study group
Drama club
Origami
Jazzercise

Our staff is committed to bringing the best care and service to our residents. We work to create genuine relationships with each individual in the Brookdale South Bay family. From the friendly ambiance to the five-star dining, you are sure to feel at home the moment you walk in.