Belmont Village RPV - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Belmont Village facility of Rancho Palos Verdes is located in a beautiful Palos Verdes peninsula residential neighborhood, overlooking the Pacific Ocean and greater Los Angeles basin. This area, which is known for its dramatic views from the Palos Verdes Hills, is convenient for our senior living residents and families because of the many shopping centers, including The Promenade of the Peninsula, eateries, healthcare facilities, places of worship and more.

Inside the distinctive façade of Belmont Village is an equally unique and inviting interior. Resident apartments feature high standards of safety and comfort. And Belmont’s resident care programs have earned the trust of residents and families, as well as the respect of healthcare professionals. At Belmont Village, the primary goal of our well-trained and responsive staff is the care and safety of residents.

Too Quite Of A Place

The community was very beautiful extremely clean well maintained we were very impressed. The staff was really kind and you could tell they cared about the residents in talking with the staff. However, as you walked around we didn't see any residents out and about doing any sort of activities or visiting with any family or friends. Being so quiet almost reminds me of being in a hospital ward during quite a time.

I'm impressed!

This facility has been wonderful! The staff seem to be taking care of my loved one quite well. They have nice, nutritious options for meals, and my loved one enjoys the enriching activities that they have to offer! I am quite impressed with this facility!

Expensive, but top of line

We are very pleased with how things have turned out with Belmont Village! It's very expensive, but the place really is top of the line. It's a beautiful facility, and the staff is friendly and professional. I've really been impressed by the variety of activities, and the sense of community the place has. Both of my parents have found something they enjoy!

Belmont Village - the best memory care program!

My 95-yr-old aunt suffers from Alzheimer's but is mobile, using a cane. She was living in a different assisted living facility (NOT Belmont Village) and suddenly was struggling to get up out of a chair and to walk. The staff largely ignored these changes and failed to notify us (her family) of the change in her health status. It became clear that she needed to be moved to a memory care facility. We toured several in the South Bay, Pasadena, Glendora, and West Covina areas and Belmont Village in Rancho Palos Verdes was our top choice for many reasons, such as having an on-site registered nurse 24/7 just for the memory care unit. From the start, the staff were very professional, knowledgeable, responsive, and warm. The facility and amenities are beautiful, well-maintained, and spotless. The training and continuing education of the staff (from community relations to the staff assistants) is extensive and current. The quality of programming is top notch. When we expressed concerns about the cost perhaps being beyond my aunt's budget, Therese contacted us and said they would work with us to make it affordable for my aunt (and they did). My aunt moved in a month ago and thanks to the dedicated BV team, has adjusted very well. Typical of how BV goes above and beyond, my aunt moved in on a Sunday. [Removed], the nurse manager, voluntarily came in on her day off to make sure my aunt's first day at BV went well! [Removed] also texts and sends photos each week keeping us updated on my aunt's health and activities. Unlike at her former facility, she now participates in program activities, allows the staff to help her with tasks such as showering, and is receiving superior medical/nursing care. She is back to walking with a cane for short distances and is scheduled to begin physical therapy to strengthen her legs (and BV has a great gym/PT room).

Taking Good Care of My Mother and Her Needs

My mother is settling well into this community. I know she is safe and in good hands at this community. They have a lovely staff, they are friendly and very helpful. There are plenty of activities available for the residents. I've some of the meals, and the food is good. The community looks nice, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. Overall they are providing her with good care. I would recommend this community, it has worked out very well for us.

My Tour Went Well

I had nice tour of this community. Everybody was very nice and cheerful. The community looked nice from what I saw. The staff was helpful and very kind. This is a cheerful place. They do a good job caring for their residents. It was a nice tour, I enjoyed it.

IT IS A GREAT PLACE WITH LOTS OF ACTIVITIES AND FRIENDLY FACES!

Review of Belmont Village Rpv-Rancho Palos Verdes, Ca

This is a beautiful community. They take great care to our patients. All the staff are very knowledgeable and super friendly.

So far, a good experience

The staff here is kind and caring and they made the transition as smooth as possible, as this was a big adjustment. The facility is clean and well maintained and the activities seem appropriate for the residents here. So far, a good experience.

Great at many things, Caregiving merely adequate

Belmont does many things VERY well. The activities for the Memory Care residents are excellent and appropriate for the level of the resident. The food and dining staff are excellent as is the cleanliness and overall appearance of the facility. It's beautiful.

The Care Services are disappointing. We were told the ratio of caregivers to residents was 12:1. Once in the facility, the ratio is 25:1. This is not enough to care for residents with dementia. They recommend hiring their Private Caregivers for one-on-one assistance. These 'Private Pals' are adequate but not what I'd expect from a facility at this price point. Caregivers/Private Pals routinely work double shifts.

Communication needs improvement. Both the communication between caregivers on different shifts and communication with the family.

This is probably an exceptional place for Assisted Living. For Memory Care (Alzheimers, Dementia, etc.) emphasis needs to be placed on the personal care they give the residents...and this is simply adequate.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for your feedback – resident and family input is invaluable in helping us to maintain a high standard of care. We regularly evaluate our programs and services and are reviewing your concerns as part of that process. Our community is staffed in accordance to our licensure and based on resident needs, but do offer private caregivers for more one-on-one assistance. Your executive director is available if you’d like to discuss your specific concerns further.

Do your Research before you decide

All around level of care is better than "very low." It is satisfactory (3) I expected it to be excellent (4.5-5) based on advisors recommendation. Meds are filled properly. No issue there. I do think nurses and care givers need to be better managed. Also think not enough nurses to handle needs of all patients on a timely basis.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for your feedback. Resident and family input is integral to the effective evaluation of our programs and services and your observations will be included in our ongoing assessments. We have a licensed nurse on-site 24/7 to manage resident care and we have recently increased our staff of caregivers to more efficiently handle special needs and requests. We encourage you to contact your executive director directly to discuss your specific concerns and work toward a satisfactory resolution.

I really love this place for my dad its a unique place. My father is suffering from dementia and other facility keep them separate from other people but this place doesnt and it is great. He is getting the care he needs and also has his own independence. He can go out and walk or go swimming he has that freedom and he loves it.

did a great job

They did a great job helping the family understand what the options are, what all is included, how things work, etc. They turn'ed themselves inside out to accommodate us and our timeline to get things set up.

One thing I would say though is that once mom got in there, she did not have any sort of orientation to get her introduced and go through what all to expect. Where things are, how the billing cycle works, meal schedule, etc.

Other than that it has been a great experience and we would highly recommend Belmont Village RPV.

Amy Self

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village and for sharing your experience. Moving into a new community is a big step and we always want residents to feel welcomed and comfortable from their first day with us, so your feedback is appreciated. We're glad things are going well - please don't hesitate to share any future ideas or concerns with your community team so that we may continue to provide the best possible experience for your mom and your family.

First Class!

It’s pretty expensive, I will say. They are absolutely first class. The food is very, very good. They were able to take my mom for just thirty days. Most place won’t do that or will charge you an arm and a leg for it. They charged us just normal rates for the respite care.

I have been enormously happy with what they have provided

The food is outstanding. I have eaten there several times and the food is outstanding. I thought there would be more medical staff on residence at the community. It would be fabulous if they had a medical team on staff or in residence, especially for the dementia unit. I have been enormously happy with what they have provided and they have come through in a moments notice for anything we have needed.

I liked it, Mom didn't

I really liked it, but my mother didn't so much. It was her first attempt at a retirement setting, and she was functional then. She called me up and told me that she felt like she was in jail. I don't know, I loved it, and I loved the staff. It would have been nice if she was happy there.

Our Choice of Assisted Living

We chose Belmont Village for both my parents so they can be together in their own studio apartment. My family and I were very impressed with the facility, staff, food and programs it offers.
We would highly recommend this community resident of choice for those who are in need of assisted living arrangements.

Dark

The nice portion of Belmont Village is their view. They have a very nice view of the city but Belmont is kind of dark inside. It's kind of like a sad feeling. The lobby is very nice. They have a very beautiful reception area but the second floor is kind of dark. You know how you can tell you're in an old person's home? It's like that. My aunt is blind and deaf and very picky and that's the first thing she noticed that it's dark. So she didn't like that.

Terese Campbell provided th...

Terese Campbell provided the tour. Two rooms available, both studio layouts, 350-450 sq ft. Mom liked the activity options and really likes the property grounds, indoor layout and flexible dining.

5-star accommodations. Not sure if a...

5-star accommodations. Not sure if applies to all seniors but some not openly friendly. Food tremendously good. Price on higher end reflecting hotel type accommodations. Wonderful city view, however location far from freeways.

Beautiful location, great amenities (...

Beautiful location, great amenities (love the pool and walking path through the garden). Not big on the shared room, but they are nice. Staff was friendly and we really like the community outings. 5 stars for location/amenity.

This is a lovely property. A bit too...

This is a lovely property. A bit too far away from either if us and slightly more expensive than we can afford. But this one sets the standard.

Beautiful property; nice contact

Beautiful property; nice contact

Large Facility Nice Place small stud...

Large Facility Nice Place small studio 6825 + 1525 for 2nd Larger Studio 8605 +1550 for 2nd

This place is great, but assisted liv...

This place is great, but assisted living is focus; could be independent, but average age again was said to be 75-80 - seemed a bit older - (range was said to be from ~65-100). Has a variety of amenities (pool, jacuzzi, exercise/fitness room, computer lab/room). Their dining area looks more like a restaurant than a dining room. Of course, the price goes with it. Larger hotel-shuttle-style van for transportation.