Brookdale Shavano Park - San Antonio, TX

Brookdale Shavano Park - San Antonio, TX has yet not published prices.

Proud to be part of Brookdale Shavano Park Senior Living

Cannot say enough about Brookdale Shavano Park Senior Living..I am a volunteer at Brookdale Shavano Park. Most of my time is spent with residents during their activities, i.e. Bingo, exercises...etc...I work mostly with [Removed], the Activity Director. [Removed] has the distinction of being a marvelous people person....the residents and volunteers just love him....he is always so much fun...supportive, patient, and kind to all of the residents. Brookdale Shavano Park is well managed, clean, and friendly....I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for a safe environment, friendly staff, and excellent care services...

Happy Home

A grate friendly atmosphere, fun and exciting activities, and lots of love for the residents. Also very accommodating for Doctors visits and shopping trips. Nice pretty hair salon for either mom or dads, with very flexible appointments. Please take some time to visit and you will definitely agree.

Not the best tour

When we walked into this community I did smell an odor. The residents did not look happy. This is an older community and the memory care area did not look like it was being kept up. The people we met were nice.

Took A Tour!!

I received a proper tour from the community. I thought it was clean and organized. There was a new director in the community and seemed to barely be getting adjusted to everything. One thing i noticed was that there was some water damage to the ceilings. If the community could update this it would have a different view. Overall the tour guide explained activities and amenities fairly well my experience was positive.

My Mom Liked This Tour

This is one of the few communities my mom went to see. From what I hear she liked the tour she had and the director was a good person and happy with the tour. the location was a big need. This was not close to their residence and her community. Although she liked it and had to make a choice, I really liked working with Dana from A Place For Mom. She was super and did a really good job.

Working Out Great

Everything is going very well for my grandmother, it took her a while to adjust. I really like the community and everything is working out great.

Review of Brookdale Shavano Park - San Antonio, TX

Not what we are looking for in memory care only because the current residents are much lower functioning than our mom and there are no private rooms available

friend place

I Think the staff is more than friendly. It is a warm places just as if they were home. I think it is just a great place.

They have been great!

They have been great! We have been very happy with them so far. I would highly recommend them.

Brookdale Shavano Park - A Great Place to Live

My 92 year-old uncle relocated from St. Louis, Missouri to San Antonio, TX in October 2015. I researched several assisted living facilities and a few skilled nursing facilities, too. During the search process, the admin team and staff at Brookdale were personable, caring, and professional. The facility is small so everyone gets to know everyone. There are plenty of activities (even a few on the weekends) from which to choose, and the Activities Coordinator is tremendous! My uncle says the food is quite good and he enjoys having multiple living areas to use when he wants to get outside of his apartment for a while. The facility is located in a residential setting adjacent to a beautiful subdivision, and it's only five minutes from my house. :-)

Overall my family and I are very pleased and we know that Brookdale Shavano Park is genuinely interested in my uncle and our family being part of the Brookdale family.

some of the staff is friendly but they are not handling the situation correctly they call me a lot when we pay them a lot of money to handle the situation but the over all property is nice clean in and out i would rate it a 4 star rating as far as looks go but my dad he just having a lot of issue

Very Clean and Friendly

If anyone is looking for a facility this is the place to go. Doesn't smell. Very clean and everyone is friendly.

I would not be adverse to recommending it.

This and all the places we visited are very nice. It had a lot of amenities. I would not be adverse to recommending it.

This facility is a true contender for a situation that requires the ability to step up into memory care from assured living when the time comes. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable, and made me feel comfortable and relaxed from the start. The rooms are generously sized from other facilities I've visited. The residents are relaxed and appear genuinely happy. The main three floors are spacious and have an open and cheerful appeal. The environment was calm. The memory care facility is located in a separate, well appointed building that didn't feel claustrophobic. It was also an open floor plan with plenty of room to walk around without feeling you were literally walking in circles. I loved everything about this place!!

Nice place overall

We've been pretty satisfied with Homewood Residence so far! The staff are all very caring, and they seem to field requests pretty well, they will quickly address any issue you bring up with them. They've also got a good variety of activities. The biggest complaint we have is that the food service has been problematic. The food has just been subpar in general, but they've said that it is something they are actively working on improving.

Very clean but also very pr...

Very clean but also very pricey. I did not see a lot of residents outside of their rooms.

Good community, they need a little more staff.

They are renovating right now so it is quite a mess. I have seen some cleaning areas that should have been better paid attention to. They are very good with the activities, they are good about getting him to join in. The food just doesn't taste good sometimes. I would also like to see them have more staff available. The ones the who are there are just running themselves ragged. I can't say enough good things about them, they are so kind to my dad, but there just aren't enough of them to meet the needs of everyone there, and they are adding more and more people and not adding staff. We chose it because it was a very good location for us, and I was impressed with the staff.

Jake was very kind and hosp...

Jake was very kind and hospitable.

Nice place!

Overall they do a good job here! The staff are friendly and professional, and they provide good care. The facility itself is clean and well kept.

Outwardly it was clean and seemed very nice.

There wasn't much room downstairs for people to socialize. There wasn't a good walking area, and all the people were sitting on the porch just to get outside. We would have had to move him again if or when he gets worse. They closed the dining room doors and wouldn't let you in except at certain times, the people would gather outside the dining room just like on the porch. Outwardly it was clean and seemed very nice.

It's a good option

The have a few activities they do Bingo, some exercising, and they try to take them places as well. While we were visiting we had a meal with our loved on and the food seemed really bland and the menu did not really have too many options. They seem really good with our loved one they help them up in the morning and try to keep them engaged. Homewood seems like it was a good options. It is located conveniently for family. The price is reasonable for what you are getting. We would recommend them to anyone.

Loved the place. Staff was profession...

Loved the place. Staff was professional and very forthcoming. The facility is lovely and definitely one I will be taking my dad to see for his consideration.

The Alcove very beautiful & right siz...

The Alcove very beautiful & right size beautiful,knowledgeable staff. My parent need security step father may leave the building. We wanted to see Clare Bridge but was not able to visit