Brookdale N. Fredericksburg Road - San Antonio, TX

Brookdale N. Fredericksburg Road - San Antonio, TX has yet not published prices.

The facility looked and smelled clean. The residents appeared happy. I liked the fact that the activities director has a calendar but is willing to add activities based on resident preferences.

It seemed small and cramped not as open as the other two I liked, also far from family.

I did a video tour with [Removed]. This is a lovely and well-managed community. Lots of friendly volunteers, employees and clients. Lovely, spacious courtyard with garden, gazebo and BBQ grill. [Removed] is very professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and understanding. She is helping me navigate my mother's situation to get her placed here.

Could use some improvements but overall they're good

My Mom lives here currently. The staff is very responsive when we call or if we message them about any problems we have. It’s greatly appreciated. My Mom really likes one of the cooks there and the food they make is well-balanced. There aren’t a lot of options to choose from though, which is something I wish they could do a little differently. I think it would be nice if they could ask the residents what they’d like to eat or if they have special requests for things. The dinners are typically really light and lunches are a little bit heavier and I think it would be nice if they offered something a little heavier for dinner too in case someone wasn’t able to eat lunch. I also think it would be nice if there were more events and outings for the residents but that’s something they’re working on. All in all, I think they’re a good place and I would recommend them.

Best fit for mom

Mom is loving this community they have lots of daily activities she can enjoy. She seems to like the staff and they are pleasant to her. They come in and clean 1x a week and I just wished they could pick up a little more on her dining room table like old newspapers and such. They good 3 meals a day and it seems to be good and she likes meeting friends over food. The grounds are nice and kept up. I would recommend this community.

I toured this community

When I toured this community I didn't get that great vibe feeling it was to much like a traditional nursing home. Not lively at all. It needed updating it was kind of bland. It was nice and clean. The staff answered all my questions. What I observed was it needed more staff and they were lacking activities.

Still adjusting

This community does offer some daily activities and the staff have been encouraging my in laws to participate in some of them. The staff are doing everything they can to help them adjust to living here. They like the food and they take good care of the community inside and out. This community did work with us financially and I would recommend it.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints of how things went during my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location for my mom in the end decision.

A tour for family.

We toured this community for the care for my husband. We liked the staff who were able to assist us with the information that is needed. We were happy to see that they offer a lot of nice activities for him. The community is nice and a good environment. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one

I had a great visit with Miss [Removed], she was amazing! She made us feel welcome and at ease. The whole staff was friendly and outgoing. The facility was decorated nicely and felt warm. One of the first things I noticed was how fresh it smelt and how much it reminded me of home. During the visit I loved seeing Miss [Removed] interactions and relationship she had with the residents. It was more than Miss [Removed] showing us around she customized our visit and made us feel welcome. I am looking forward to moving in the future.

Satisfied with Moms Move Here

Everything is working out well for my mother since her move to this community. She is safe, and receiving good care. The staff here is great. All levels of the staff have been helpful, and kind. She stays busy with the activities they have available for the residents. The meals are nice, she is pleased with the them. I would recommend this community, it is working out well for us.

I recommend this place!!

I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone who is interested in a great assisted living. The staff have been wonderful and I am very pleased with the quality of care they have been providing my mother. She feels comfortable and safe in her living environment and that is what is most important to me. The housekeeping team does a great job at maintaining a clean and well kept facility. Overall we are very happy.

Smaller than we wanted..

The Brookdale N. Fredericksburg Road was a very nice place and everyone was so nice and friendly. The tour guide gave us a lot of helpful information while we were there. What we did not like, was the fact that the place was much smaller than we wanted.

Nice facility

I was pleased with my tour and elected to move into this facility. I will be relocating in the next month.

Answered all questions. Gave all choices. Thought it was very clean. Staff we met were very nice and supportive. We hope it will work out for our Mom if we choose this avenue.

Live entertainment throughout the week !!

The thing I am most impressed with at this community is the wide variety of activities and events they offer there residents throughout the week. My mother seems to really be enjoying the live entertainment they bring into the facility as well as the holiday and dance parties. I have never seen the community messy or disorganized. Housekeeping does a great job at keeping the building well maintained especially my mothers bedroom. I love the amount of natural light that is throughout the lobby and bedrooms, it really makes a difference. The marketing directer who gave us our tour was wonderful and full of great information. Overall it is a great atmosphere and I am very pleased with this place.

They Need To Understand Respite

The community was really good, I am just not sure if this location understood what respite care was suppose to be. The room was not particularly ready for a respite stay. I had to move things in to make my mom feel comfortable. It seemed like they threw something together. They had what we liked, one level, small with a courtyard. They were kind and good to my mom. The food was good. She did some activities but prefers more intellectual activities, No one could play bridge with her. They had simple activities like bingo and bible study. She really enjoyed that. The doctor suggested physical therapy and a podiatrist would be good for her. We sent paper work to get started in a timely matter but nothing happened while she was there. They are caring staff and nothing was wrong with the care she got. I was looking for a furnished room, they are geared toward long term care. I don't think they should advertise respite if they do not understand how it works.

Needs Some Improvement!

Meals are nutritious, the taste is okay they are a bit blend. One of things that i didn't really like was that the caring staff was not taking care of my loved one's hygiene needs. The staff does invite them to play bingo and participate in bible study. On the weekends they are really understaffed it gets really hectic when the staff have to help serve meals. They have to take time from the other residents needing help in the rooms.

Taking Good Care of My Father

This is a lovely community, they are caring for my father very well. He is doing great here, he just doesn't like the food very much. He says they need to serve larger portions. Other than the food, the care they are providing him with is good. The community looks good, they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is good, but I wish they would be a little more self sufficient with the paper work. Overall I know he is safe and being cared for well. This is a community I would recommend.

One Irresponsible Staff

My dad had his phone stolen by a staff member here and from what it looks like they are going through staff changes. We are still working on this issues and I also did not like being told that someone will take my dad to an appointment but actually do not have a staff member to accompany him. I think the care was okay.

Another Tour I Had

I did like this community too, it seemed nice with very nice people and staff. I enjoyed the tour and got a good experience from this nice community.

This was was a little bit on the depressing side to me.

I toured here when I was looking around, as well as a few other Brookdale communities. I did choose a Brookdale, though not this one. This was was a little bit on the depressing side to me.

disappointed that the memory care director, Mary, who was excellent was let go

Brookdale N. Fredericksburg Road is going well. I will say I am very disappointed that the memory care director, Mary, who was excellent was let go. She was the reason that we put my mother-in-law in there in the first place. She was just excellent. I am so sorry to hear about that. Overall though we've been happy with the facility. As long as they keep us informed we will be good.

All has been wonderful

All has been wonderful at Brookdale N. Fredericksburg Road. When mom was there she made friends and was able to engage with them in the activities. The staff is very personal there. I never felt like I was getting a sales pitch from them. That made a huge difference in our decision to come here. This facility felt like home. The staff listened to our needs and were extremely accommodating to them. Just very friendly here.

very good

The overall experience with Brookdale N. Fredericksburg Road has been very good.

One area where the could improve would be the food. Another would be there response time when a resident pushes the button for assistance. Also, we noticed after getting in there that there are some hidden fees.

Other than that they have been really good for the most part. Any time I address something to them, they are right on top of it. It has been a very good experience overall.

We are very happy with them.

We are very happy with them. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We are happy with the care he is getting. He likes the food, and they have good activities. We don't have any complaints at this time. I would give them a five.

Met with Priscilla. Well trained on facility data. Adequate tour. Facility needs maintenance desperately. Was disappointed in appearance.,leaving me to feel patient care might be lacking as well. Only deserves one star.

Very Good Facility with caring professionals

First of all this is no longer Woodbridge property since Brookdale bought this facility in late 2014. I moved my dad into this Ass'td Living Facility in June 2014 and have had no regrets. The staff from administration, to food services to maintenance are all professionals and are true "care givers". To help you get a relative "feel" of the actual facilities I tell people it is like a clean, good Holiday Inn, but its not a Mariott. I rate the overall facility a 4 out of 5 stars…quality of food was average (though much improved under new ownership) and facilities are showing their age (though each room is completely renovated with a new resident). Other than this I believe Brookdale on Fredericksburg is a good value and a trusted, responsible assisted living facility. It's also under 60 occupants which I believe is a benefit and VERY centrally located to superior medical facilities in San Antonio.

The tour at Brookdale North was very informative and the place seems to be what we are looking for. The Staff seems knowledgeable and the physical plant looks to be in good shape. The fact that they offer different levels of care and the prices seemed to be very competitive or actually lower than what we have seen at other places.

It was nice and fancy.

We toured here as we were looking for options. It was nice and fancy.

Nice looking place

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We thought this was a very nice looking place, and definitely somewhere we are considering when it comes time to get our loved one moved.

Friendly, helpful staff

My experience with Brookdale Fredericksburg Road has been a good one so far. Everyone has been very friendly and helpful, and they tended to my needs very well. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and it just seems like a very nice place overall!

I had actually visited this facility on Friday and had inadvertently made an appointment on Saturday however I did show up on Saturday but I'm pretty sure nobody was expecting me. I did get to visit with the nutrition director on Saturday and she gave me a quick walk-through again. It is a very nice facility in the staff are very kind however it is got some years on it and you can tell that from the scratches on the walls. The dining room is acceptable but not a focal place....in fact it really doesn't have a focal place the entranceway and reception areas rather small. I would give it a 5 1/2 on my scale ten.

Overall Good Community

Brookdale is an overall good community. The service for food is fair as well as the quality of food. They do sometimes run out of food before the meal ends and this is frustrating to the residents. My loved one likes to play checkers and cards and neither of these are available. Their staff to resident ratio at times seems to be good, but at other times there is a wait of 30-45 minutes for response.

Although a slightly older facility it is well maintained and provides an excellent appearance. Had an extremely positive impression of the personnel in the Memory Care unit, and the patients were happy and well cared for in appearance and activities

Older facility but with appears to be a great staff of personnel. Ms Van Sciver was very helpful and gave me a wonderful tour.

only there a couple weeks, but...

They seemed nice enough and clean facility, but there were a couple of instances. They let mom fall twice, and there were a couple of promises (regarding getting mom set up with rehab) that did not come through. Mom was only there a couple weeks before we moved mom elsewhere. There was also an instance where I gave them a check with the understanding that they would wait a few days to deposit it, which they did not do, and I did not have the funds in the bank at the time to cover it. There have continued to be issues with the accounting.

I couldn't be happier

They do a very wonderful job of taking care of the residents there. Every time I go there I see them actively and happily helping the residents. I couldn't be happier. My dad is staying there and he is quite happy.

Horrible

If you want your loved one to go down hill fast then this is the place for you. They want their residents drugged up so they don't have to deal with them. The staff is very rude and the manager is a total jerk.

I would choose it again.

I've eaten there several times and it's okay. I think they could repair some of the doors, some of them are a little heavy for the residents, and they are starting to do that already. It needs some updating, new carpet in a few spots, and maybe some paint, it's nothing they don't know about. Some more outdoor seating would be nice. The room itself is very nice. The community fee was reasonable. I would choose it again. She is enjoying the people that are there, and she is making some good friends, and she is doing really good.

They are doing great so far.

It's very clean, and the carpets are nice, it always smells good. The staff is friendly, and the residents are pretty friendly as well. They have a well stocked library. The food is surprisingly good, I haven't rejected anything. The building is not brand new, so there are a few things that could be replaced, there is a water fountain that doesn't work. I have enjoyed some of the entertainment. They have a bus that will take you to appointments, and to the stores. They make sure I get my medications. They are doing great so far.

fooled

I toured this facility personally, and was impressed by the staff, the décor, and the smell of lunch!! I was even told by the staff how they had a professional chef who was very keen about providing rewarding meals.

However, shortly after my dad moved in, the staff showed how they were actually pretty rude and disinterested. At meal times, the residents were seated over half an hour before they actually received their food, and the meals were very small. I never saw the floor clean that was between the kitchen and the dining room; my shoes stuck every time I walked on it. The carpeting throughout never seemed to be vacuumed; the bathrooms were always dirty; and we noticed more and more things that needed paint, repair, or replacing. They were also supposed to clean each residents' room, yet my dad's room always had a dirty bathroom and needed vacuuming.

Residents were supposed to be on a schedule to receive aid showering, yet my dad received showers according to no set schedule, and sometimes in a big rush first thing in the morning.

My dad was charged $1,000 a month for personal care, yet he couldn't get any physical therapy unless ordered by his physician and paid for by his own insurance.

My dad was also charged for over-the-counter medicines that he didn't receive, such as cough syrup and Tylenol. It is our belief that they were stocking their medicine cabinet at residents' expense, whether they themselves received the medications or not. My dad didn't even realize the charges; I found them on the statement from the pharmacy the facility uses. My dad confronted them about this, and they said he had to contact the pharmacy; I contacted the pharmacy and was told it was out of their hands since the medicines already went to the facility! I doubt other residents are even aware of this practice, or have family members looking into it.

My dad also could not go outside on his own, since the thresholds of all the doors leading to the courtyard were impossible to go over in a wheelchair. I had a very hard time getting him to the courtyard when I was pushing his wheelchair, and even needed assistance from a fellow visitor. Automatic opening doors would have been a great feature, as well, since residents are busy pushing their wheelchairs or walkers, and can't handle a heavy door at the same time.

So for the size of the room, which is for two people, the size and delay of meals, the lack of interest in keeping up with repairs and housekeeping, and minimal personal care, I feel it is greatly overpriced. In fact I would not want my dad to return here, regardless of price.

This is also a very nice co...

This is also a very nice complex, although a little older it is still in very good shape and the people are very friendly and helpful. This is within the budget and I think is going to be my mother's home for at least a few years.

Nice place, overall

My loved one really seems to be enjoying herself at Emeritus at Woodbridge Estates. It's a nice looking community, the staff all seem very friendly, and they've got some nice amenities! She's said they do a good job with the food, good quality and good variety. I would like to see them have a bit more going on in terms of activities, though.

Staff was very nice but it ...

Staff was very nice but it felt like a rehab or nursing home. Furniture in common areas looked a bit old

Very Negative

We had a very negative experience with this community. Our loved one is no longer there.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We would like to address your concerns regarding your loved one’s stay with us, but to do so, we need more information. We invite you to reach out to our community management team to voice your concerns, or we also offer our open, anonymous Ethics First program which can be reached at www.emeritus.com/ethics.

Good Place

I haven’t seen a lot of the activities, but I’m comfortable enough with the place that I’d rate it a five too. I haven’t had any trouble finding parking. I think the food should be a four though. There haven’t been any concerns with the laundry service.

Never gave up!

My advisor didn't give up on me even when I had just about given up finding the right place!

She is very happy, she likes the way they treat her.

She is very happy, she likes the way they treat her. They help her when she needs it. There haven't been any complaints. The director contacts me if there is an issue.

A little antiquated, but ha...

A little antiquated, but has nice amenities, such as a beautiful courtyard, lovely dining area and friendly staff! Did notice some musty smells in this facility.

Feels like Home!

Really like the staff! They have a true interest in my fathers stay there and everyone is anxious to help. The facility feels like home, even nicer than dads home. Dad like the food and he has made friends from the first day there. I highly recommend!

Very Accessible

I like the fact that it is not real big and multi-level, it's just one level and easy to get around. Everything is pretty accessible. My father is there and he is doing pretty well, started there in September and he's getting more used to it. We liked that it was close to the medical center.

My Dad

We chose Woodbridge for the following reasons:
- proximity to us
- the cost
- they had more than one opening so there was some flexibility with which room Dad would have
- they were the most helpful with additional information that wasn't directly related to their facility

Now that Dad has been there for over a week and we have stopped by at a variety of times to visit Dad and drop off various items; we can give this review.

The only surprises at move-in, were we didn't realize all that we needed to provide (bed, bedding, any additional furniture, bathroom supplies, towels, etc.)

The staff is attentive to the residents. He seems content and has only hinted once about leaving when he asked me if I had my car...

Good So Far

The value is really good. There is a base price and an additional charge for care and the care has been pretty good. I haven't had any issues. I don't think dad's done a lot of the activities because he spends most of his time going to dialysis. They've got all the activities posted on the board but most of them are during his dialysis days and then he need rest in between. It's been pretty good. The only issue was trying to get him to the dialysis appointments. They said they could take him there in the interview but then they said it became too much time, especially on the days when they take the other residents to Walmart.

Great staff. Every person I...

Great staff. Every person I encountered was friendly. The person who runs the Memory Care, Mary, obviously cares for the residents. Like that many resident's doors are open. Like the activities and interaction. This would be a possible option for us.

I loved this location and e...

I loved this location and everything it had to offer. I have decided to take my aunt into my home until i can save enough of her pension and ss for a few months until i can afford all her expenses and move her unto The Woodbridge Estates. Allison at Woodbridge was a real sweetheart. I do plan on making my aunts future home at Woodbridge Estates.

Poor Care

I'm only going by the person I have in there; the care is a 2. Their medication, the way they manage it, is very poor. The individual in there, he had a hernia and he did their help line and they were slow to respond. He had to call a family member to come take him to the hospital before they responded so that's not really that great. Those are two things that I've been concerned about.

Everybody seems semi-happy. All the patients are out and about. They're not kept in their rooms or anything.

This was our first place to visit. I ...

This was our first place to visit. I loved the doors! but the small studio was really small for the price. 1700 plus whatever fees will be added on. I could tell the tour guide was good with the patients but she didnt know a whole lot about the rates because she was not exactly the sales person and that was ok. But we got a lot of information we don't need because we didn't really talk much about my grandmas situtation. I liked the grounds and the 'happy hour' but she doesn't drink so that is not important.

poor service

My mother lived in this facility for a couple of months. Promises were made and no follow through. No accountability by management. Apologies were abundant but did not take good care of my mother.

Not what I expected

The facility was clean and in good repair. The dining room was inviting and the meal we had during tour revealed good quality food. The administrative staff were knowledgeable and caring I found that outings were minimal. The staffing, especially at night was not as presented. There were sometimes only two caregivers for the 50 or 60 patients. There were others on the list, but they did not help with such things as wheelchair transfer and getting residents to dinner. This made it difficult for residents to get the care they needed. I waited with my father for 1 hour when he had fallen, did not get a response using his necklace monitor. Have to wonder what would have happened if I had not been there to wait with him. They wrote good care plans, had intentions to follow through with them, but did not have the staff to do so.

Very close to business where Dad coul...

Very close to business where Dad could get beer and cigarettes.

South of I-10

South of I-10

Type B - 1 level-good option

Type B - 1 level-good option

toured on March 26. One room was too ...

toured on March 26. One room was too small with a view of a fence. The other was large with a nice view but $4000 without the care costs. The facility was very clean.

Our caring staff offers the assistance you need while respecting your independence. Brookdale N. Fredericksburg Road focuses on providing senior residents assisted living for a variety of conditions, including dementia and Alzheimer's. Residents can choose from a range of floor plans including private bathrooms and emergency response in each room. Amenities include a community room, a computer and Internet access, a therapy room, a wellness center, a beauty/barber shop, a library, and an arts and crafts studio.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.