Brookdale Pocasset Bay - Johnston, RI

Brookdale Pocasset Bay - Johnston, RI has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Pocasset Bay - Johnston, RI

Loved the atmosphere and the friendliness. The appearance and cleanliness met expectations. Within his price range.

nice facility!!

I have no complaints about how things went for my loved one and I during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and all of the great amenities they had to offer all of the residents. Overall great place and I would recommend it to anyone.

Nice community but needs more attention to the small details.

There were a few things that have concerned me since my friend moved into Brookdale Pocasset Bay.One day she wasn't feeling well. She was in her room all day and no one did a "wellness" check on her. I feel like they should be more attentive if a patient is ill. There was another thing, the one of the housekeepers broke a very valuable trinket.She didn't report but I think she should have. Other than that it's a very nice place. I've eaten lunch with her a few times and the food is very good. She liked that the community is in a familiar area and they gave her a special to move in.

Not A Compassionate Corporate Entity

My mother-in law has been a resident since 2008. She lived there in her own apt. She is now 97. While looking for assisted living alternatives & with some assets still left in the bank. We were concerned about whether if once her assets ran out, she could stay there & once reliant on Medicaid, that there would be a room available for her. We were told by the social worker to take the available room immediately while she still had a couple of months worth of rent payments left & that Medicaid would kick-in after that & she would be set.........This is not the case & we were told by the Director that we would have to make other arrangements for her once her funds ran out......
Stay tuned. State & Federal agencies are being contacted by the facility to see what their final determination will be.

really happy here

Pocasset Bay Retirement Living is going very well so far. I'm really happy here. They are very helpful and accommodating. My apartment is lovely. I am very content with this facility. So far so good. I have no complaints.

The community is great over all...

The community is great over all. It's very clean, and it's a good value for the money. However, I do find that the staff isn't as inclusive as I would like to see them be with the residents.

Seemed nice enough

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place overall, but I did not like the fact that residents using medicaid waivers were limited to shared rooms.

Nice place overall

My Dad seems to be enjoying himself here. It is a nice place, and the people are all very friendly. The staff have all been very friendly, and they take good care of the place. Although we hear complaints about specific meals here and there, in general Dad seems to enjoy the food. We've had small issues here and there, but they've all been easy to take care of, we haven't had any major problems. Their rates have been very reasonable compared to others we looked at.

Needs more food variety

It was good; however, the food. Everytihng was pasta, so being a diabetic, having high blood pressure, they had pasta for every single thing and they didn't havew any choices like weight watchers or low sodium or something like that. For whatever reason, it seems to have a major turnover in staff, they switched management and there was a lot of turnover. It didn't really affect her care, but it was upsetting to her not to have the same people taking care of her.

Doesn't do rehab

They were only here for about a week before they had to go to the hospital and then when they were re evaluated Pacasset said they couldn't take them anymore. It doesn't have fireproof walls, it is less expensive than some other ones, but they do not have the rehab so if they need to go to the hospital and can't come back to Pocasset you have to scuttle around looking for a nursing home at the last minute because they won't take you.

apartment has no bedroom and is badly...

apartment has no bedroom and is badly designed for both a sofa and bed

“Each member of our team is truly committed to our residents’ overall well-being and happiness.” Pocasset Bay Retirement Living is nestled in a sheltered country setting with beautiful gardens, walking paths and outdoor sitting areas. The community is conveniently located off Interstate 295 on Hartford Avenue across from Johnston Memorial Park, just minutes away from Providence and the area’s finest dining, shopping and entertainment opportunities. We pride ourselves on the longevity of our staff.

Our apartment-style community offers all the conveniences of home without any of the work. Pocasset Bay features its very own beauty parlor, library, community kitchen, activity room and multiple sitting areas throughout the community. Our apartment homes offer a variety of floor plans with large windows, kitchenettes, individual climate control, wall to wall carpet, spacious bathrooms, and balconies or patios. With three gourmet meals a day, our restaurant-style dining services offer a fine dining experience for our residents daily.

Our award-winning Signature Programs offer a wide variety of top-notch services for both independent and assisted living residents. With an exciting array of social, educational and cultural programs, residents are encouraged to renew their old interests and explore new ones. Popular programs include Daily Forever Fit exercise, Cooking with Class, horseracing and lunch trips to various local restaurants. Help with everyday tasks can make a big difference in the quality of your life. It’s comforting to know that you can continue to live life to the fullest at Brookdale – with the added security of a full spectrum of individualized care and wellness services tailored to meet the needs of assisted living residents.

Call today to arrange a visit, and experience for yourself the meaningful lifestyle our residents enjoy every day.