The Village at Waterman Lake - Greenville, RI

Village At Waterman Lake, RI

Village At Waterman Lake, RI

The staff was very caring and patient with fulfilling our needs as my mom went from living at home independently to possible independent living at their facility to assisted living within 72 hours. The ratio of nurses, CNA's and housecleaning to residents is very low allowing for an immaculate facility and individualized care. I can contact them 24/7 and always reach a supervisor. The standards are very high for the staff. The food is very good with multiple choices in the multiple dining rooms with the main one overlooking the lake. The staff knows where my mother is at every moment when I cannot reach her via cellphone. The staff has also assisted me emotionally with the work it entails placing a loved one in assisted living. The activities are scheduled and diversified.....games, movies, concerts, trips to drugstores, mystery rides and lunches, boat rides in the lake, bazaars, antique car shows!!!! They are a pro-active facility. My mom is doing so well my brother and I see her getting physically and mentally stronger. The care provided is going to allow us many more years with mom.

This was a very nice commumity. [Name removed] was so nice and upbeat, really seemed to care about the residents. Pricing here is a little bit more reasonable than Atria but on a larger scale so did not feel as homey but Mom would be very happy here and seems like she would get outdoors more with activities and programs to get them outside. Sister and I like this one the best so far. Still touring a couple others. This facility has nail care every other week, can have Mom's dog (at least on a trial basis)and other very nice amenitites.

A little more structured them what our mother wanted, but clean, friendly staff, etc.

Peace of Mind for Me

My mother is all settled into this community, and so far she is doing very well. She is loving this community, and I'am satisfied with her move to this facility. She is pleased with the meals. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. The community is immaculate, everything looks great. Everyone has been wonderful. Even though I have million things going on, I can go to sleep knowing she is safe. If someone could afford this community, I would recommend.

Great community!

I liked The Village at Waterman Lake very much! I thought it was the best community for my friend but ultimately her family made that decision. I preferred it much more than the others we looked at and I feel it's a good place for anyone.

Nice Tour of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community. From what I saw the community looked nice. Everything was well maintained, and clean. The staff was kind and friendly. It was a nice experience. Everyone was very nice to my family and my self. Unfortunately they were not able to accommodate us at the time we needed it.

I have no complaints!

My aunt is doing well at The Village. She enjoys the activities and the staff are nice. She has not complained about the food and the community is clean. This community was a good fit for her.

a positive recommendation for the Village at Waterman Lake

My loved one is happy and content at the Village at Waterman Lake. Like every assisted living residence, mishaps occur once in a while, but they are minor and are addressed in a satisfactory manner. The food is good and the staff friendly and caring.

An excellent, assisted living residence

The Village has provided a very safe, caring, and friendly environment for my loved one.

Praise for Village at Waterman Lake

The facility is beautiful, large and has many services on site. They run many activities and engage the residents in the activities. Staff are friendly and helpful. Comparatively, the price is excellent.

the people are nice

My mother in lawbis here, she has been here for a little over two months now. In the beginning we had a few issues however, they have been worked out. The place is very nice the people are really friendly and cheerful.

I think they have been really good.

I think they have been really good. I don't have any complaints so far. They seem to be one of the best places in Rhode Island. They weren't a lot more expensive than others, they were pretty comparable. We are very happy with them, you can add another five to their reviews from me as well.

I would recommend the Village to everyone.

Wonderful experience from first contact with their marketing professionals to valuable assistance moving in to interaction with their staff since the move two weeks ago. My dad moved into their independent living facility and my mom into their memory unit. The separation has been difficult for my dad who has been the caretaker for mom the last few years but he could no longer handle the stress. The staff at the Village have been kind and empathetic to him helping him with this and many other items. I was surprised that the prices at the Village were so competitive as they offer much more bang for the buck than other places we visited. So far so good. I would recommend the Village to everyone.

Friendly, communicative staff

So far The Village at Waterman Lake has done an excellent job. The staff really go above and beyond when it comes to communication, they keep me up to date on everything that is happening with my loved one. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the accommodation are great. All of my relatives who have visited have had positive things to say.

Review of The Village at Waterman Lake Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Greenville, RI

Pool, large room for studio, nice view and activities, food good, community fee, increase 2.5% per year, studio $3100. Valet car cleaning.

Although the rooms were large, many with A balcony this is not the community for mom. Would prefer an assisted, retirement mixed building. Lovely lake setting, but some rooms( Tea room & Pub) seemed to be more. for show and not used regularly.

I was extremely impressed with the staffs interaction and their obvious expertise in working with those with dementia and redirecting and stepping in very calmly and distracting someone who is agitated. We do need to pick up toiletries, toothpaste, and toothbrush, those kinds of things. I wasn't expecting that. If I am onsite, they are extremely accommodating, but if I need to ask something by email, or phone, it can take a while. From the look of the schedules, they seem to have a good variety of things, but when I was there and they were doing an activity it seemed like they were not engaged and half of them were sleeping. It would be nice if they paid a little more attention to introverts, a little bit of quieter activities, something a little more intimate, or smaller groups. They would prompt them to go to the dining room, but they weren't making sure they were going, and getting food, I'm not getting much feedback.

Great so far.

It's very clean, and the staff is really friendly. They have a very good variety of activities going on. I haven't seen anything that needs improvement, at this point. They were very professional and friendly and that's one of the reasons we chose them.

So grateful to find such a wonderful home for Mother!

This is a top-notch facility. The interior is immaculate and beautifully decorated and it is situated on a hill above a large lake so the views are very nice as well. My 90-year-old mother has adapted quite well in a small studio apartment and she is enjoying the many activities that the facility offers.

The food deserves a paragraph of its own. The menu is diverse and offers something for everyone and the meals are fine-restaurant quality. Portions are perfectly-sized for the elderly and healthy fruits and vegetables are always available.

The staff is, for the most part, excellent. As in any large community, there will be personality clashes (Mother is very sensitive!), but everyone tries very hard to be cheerful and helpful. The nurses is particular are wonderful and the director is never too busy to answer my questions and help with decisions about care.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Village. It is very large, which can be intimidating, but it is set up so that no one has to walk very far to a small dining area, and there is always someone around to help you find your way.

Highly recommend the village

Things are going wonderfully. What I liked about the village is that the staff is tremendous, all of the staff has mostly been there at least 12 years so there's no turnover, or at least I don't see it. So what you don't get is turnover and new people not knowing anything and the maintenence peope are very very alert to the needs of the residents, that is certainly their primary goal. When I first moved in a didn't know you were supposed to sign in or out when you left and of course I didn't come to dinner so they actually came to check that I was okay and that I didn't want dinner. They had italian subs the other day and I knew I was going to be late so I called letting them know and they had a wrapped sandwhich waiting for me. They are very accomodating and it certainly is more expensive than the other places I checked out but it's well worth the money, my comment to the HR person was that there was nothing I didn't like about it.

lovely facility. At the pr...

lovely facility. At the present time I am still in the process of weighing alternatives. My son, who lives in andover would like me closer perhaps near my daughter In Attelboro so he could drive there within an hour.

Mind at Ease

We chose this community because it wasn't too large. She can walk to everything without problems everything is just close by. The staff genuinely cares about their residents and are always willing to help accommodate. The staff is really friendly and the food is really good. I feel like my mother is really happy here and she is able to live as independent as she can, yet has the assistance when needed. It is up on a small hill that overlooks a beautiful lake; the community is just so quaint. My mother’s room has a balcony where she can go out and catch a nice breeze and enjoy the sun. They have transportation that takes them to and from places as well. My mom has become more sociable since being here and I can now live my life knowing my mom is happy, safe and very well taken care of.

consider...

consider...

Comfortable and Distinctive Surroundings

The perfect blend of hospitality and healthcare. Breathtaking lake views highlight the picturesque campus of The Village at Waterman Lake. Lavish gardens provide the setting for arts, fitness and leisure, including a nine-hole putting green, Bocce court, nature-trail, health spa, greenhouse, and exercise room. Private walking paths and gazebos grace The Courtyard gardens. The main dining room offers a seasonal patio dining with a year-round view of the campus.

Catered Assisted Living and Enhanced Assisted Living

Combine all the warmth and elegance of Catered Retirement Living with first-class health services. Enhanced Assisted Living residents enjoy the amenities of Catered Assisted Living plus additional health services.

Catered Alzheimer’s Care

Our revolutionary Courtyard Residence offers the region’s most innovative care for people with Alzheimer’s in an exceptionally vital, comforting, and secure environment. Residents have full-time access to secured gardens, interiors designed for the memory impaired, and professionally trained caregivers.

The Atrium

The Atrium offers skilled nursing services in a warm home-like environment, located in a wing of The Courtyard. Residents enjoy well-appointed furnished accommodations, full private bath, and access to a private garden with walking path and gazebo. All the benefits of catered retirement living are available.