Towne Centre - Merrillville, IN

We looked at all of these options and thought all were nice; however, we felt The Meadows Memory Care was the best option for Mom. The Meadows was part of the Towne Centre Senior Living Option.

Thank you for your help in finding a new home for Mom.

A Hidden Gem in Merrillville

Towne Center is a hidden gem in Merrillville! I can't say enough about it. My uncle has lived there for 5 years now & it has given me such peace of mind knowing that he is being taken care of so gently & is safe in his environment. Everyone there are so professional & caring. More people should realize what a great place it is to live for elderly people. It is 25 years old but has just gone through a major rehab & is absolutely gorgeous. These new places can't compare for the reasonable price. Please check it out if you're looking for a beautiful local place for your loved ones, you won't be disappointed.

[name removed] was very helpful and informative. We love the facility. The open/shared spaces are incredible. Looking forward to mom living and thriving at Towne Centre!

This Community is Working Out Well For Us

My mother is doing fine with her move to this community. Everything has worked out well, and I'am comfortable with her move here. She is safe, and in good hands. They have a good staff, and they are caring for her very well. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility. There are activities available, and they provide nice meals for the residents. The experience is going well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Care and options

We toured this community. We loved the staff and the environment. They did not have an outside area and my aunt likes being out doors. This is the nice community and they have a list of good activities. We would recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one

Towne Center Memory Care Merrillville Indiana

Just opened remodeled Towne Center Memory Care. The rooms are nice size with having living room, 1 bedroom, large walk in closet, large bathroom with roll in shower with seat, small dinette area with cabinets, sink, microwave and apartment size refrigerator and room for a small dinette set.
I think they need more help either aids or nurses, although Everyone has been nice and helpful through this difficult time.
The marketing person we originally talked to while looking for a facility has moved on to her next facility. There was information given to us that was incorrect but we are working through it without her help. Nancy, the RN director, has been helpful in most aspects.
This is assisted living in memory care and I've only been used to nursing home care that my mother was in. I forget the staff doesn't do it all for their residents (not patients) and it's my job to do insurance, physical therapy , Dr appointments, etc since my family members can't. It's really quite time consuming and stressful.
The food isn't the best but I know my family is getting a solid three meals a day plus snacks.
There is a new activities director so that will hopefully get the residents out and more social with each other. It's difficult due to what of stage of Alzheimer's they're in.
It's very difficult for my family that moved there. One is in a wheelchair and doesn't have dementia but his wife does. They are getting used to it and are happier getting to know some other residents
Hopefully soon they'll get more residents and get more staff help and get more organized. I believe they will
It's been hard but the staff is Trying to do their best to make the transition easier for all of us

Tour and kindness

We toured this community for the care for my mom. We liked the staff who were friendly. The community appeared to be nice and well maintained. They menu seemed to be good on the many varieties of meals that are offered. We like the list of activities that are offered. We think that families might like to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Towne Centre Merriville

My father is in the new memory care facility. Great staff of nurses who really care about the patients. Very clean new facility. Only been their couple months but has been really fantastic for my father. Only downfall at this point is the TV availability. They are in the process of putting in satellite TV.

Toured on Monday also. I think​ it was too large of a place for our needs.Older place currently being remodeled. Finished areas very nice.

A Fine Tour

I toured this community for my father, and his needs. My tour went well overall. The community was clean, and appeared to well-kept. The staff was kind, and courteous. Everything went well, and everyone was very nice. My tour went well.

Care for mom

I like this community for the care for my mom. we like that they help keep my mom active in activitirs that she seems to enjoy. The meals are appealing. We like knowing that she is getting great care in a clean community. We would recommend thiscommunity for other families for great care.

Lovely Community!!

I thought this community was extremely clean and very well maintained with lots of natural light throughout the building. The staff was all very welcoming and had made my loved one and I feel very welcomed during our tour. This place just did not have enough memory care and did not exactly meet her needs.

A positive experience

So far Towne Center has been a very positive move for my mother. Everyone there is extremely accommodating and go out of their way to make sure she transitions into her new home well.

I would give the food at Towne Centre a 5!!

They do offer some activities but my mom would like to see more church activities. They do offer bingo, therapy and a pool table. They community is very nice and clean. The staff are ok. We have had some really good caregivers and then some that we have had a few issues with. The management is quick to resolve any issues we may bring to their attention.

2 weeks in and all has been as originally presented if not better. A true God send and awesome alternative to going straight into assisted living.

A good place for the price!!!

Mom started at this community in assisted living due to a fall but she is now in independent living and she is doing good. The food is decent and she has gained weight. The staff are trying to get her to participate in more of the activities offered. I Would recommend this community and it is clean and well taken care of.

So Happy!

Town Centre has been a perfect fit for our Mom. She moved in on a Saturday and by Monday evening she was involved and too busy to even take our phone calls. It provides the social activities necessary for her. The weekly music entertainment, arts and crafts, puzzles, library and happy hour brings all the residents together on a daily basis. A very open atrium provides plenty of options for meeting with family and friends as they visit.

Beautiful. . .with a helpful staff

Towne Centre is a beautiful facility. It reminds us of a grand old Hotel with it's quaint décor. The staff is attentive and helpful and the facility is always immaculate. They involve the residents in the going on's at this facility and I think that is great.

excellent job

At Towne Centre they do an excellent job at involving residents in things going on there. I also appreciate how the staff get the family involved. I am really happy with everything at this facility.

Everything seems to be fine so far.

Everything seems to be fine so far. We haven't heard any major complaints so far. We are pretty satisfied with them at this point.

Review of Towne Center Assisted Living

Any of The Management Team at Towne Center that I have dealt with have all been wonderful. The majority of the CNA's and Nurses are all nice and friendly. They have responded to all of my requests without hesitation.

The one main problem is that they have an antiquated call system for residents. To me this is the nature of their business and the call system should be up to date and working flawlessly. My loved one has had to wait up to two hours for someone to take them to the bathroom or assist them with getting to bed. It's not good at all. In addition, it seems to me that they are extremely under-staffed.

The other issue I have is the strong smell of urine in the reisdent's hallway.

Had I known all of this ahead of time, I may have chose a different place.

I'm very disappointed, the above has caused me alot of stress.

Hard to make a move like this. Friendly staff helps. Only been 1 month so still adjusting. Need to develop friendships. All should fall into place.

The ONLY place you need to go for elderly help

When looking for an assisted or independent living area for my parent, I came across "A Place for Mom". I put in my phone number and was quickly contacted by them. They put me in touch with senior living areas and even scheduled tours of the places for me giving me a contact number and name of who I would be dealing with at those places. We visited them all. All nice but Towne Centre met all of our needs. People asked questions about the kinds of things my parent liked and his medical condition and needs. The apartments are clean and spacious. All questions answered at any time. Everyone friendly and caring. I and my parent love it. I can't thank "A Place for Mom" enough for getting me in contact with them.

This reminded us more of a ...

This reminded us more of a nursing home which we are definitely not looking for at this time.

Nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for my loved one. This place looked very nice, and it is still an option I am considering if the place we selected does not work out. The staff were all very friendly and caring, and the facility itself was clean and well kept. Due to our loved one's specific situation one of our main concerns was making sure she was in a very secure environment, and while that was something it looked like they could provide here we found another option that we thought might suit her slightly better.

Not impressed with rehab or assisted living here

My loved one was here briefly for rehab, and we were not happy with the care. They made him stay in a wheelchair the whole time. How is he supposed to get stronger and recover if he is just sitting there? We also looked at the assisted living portion and were not happy with that either, more people just sitting around not doing anything.

They're all very friendly, it's just ...

They're all very friendly, it's just mroe of my parents I think, they both have dementia and it's hard because I'm a little farther away than my brother is. They do call if there's a problem, they're one of the few couples there I think, there are some other couples and I know there are a lot of other people that have dementia too, but they've done a great job.
They do some stuff, they're not exactly comfortable there, but they like to go out to lunch, I think September was pizza month so they took them out to goet pizza, they like going on the bus and they take them to church which is fabulous. The only issue is they have a little store run by residents for 2 hours a couple of days a week. My parents don't have a kitchen so they don't think they need to go shopping but they run out of soap and paper items and my father says the store is always closed when they need it. It would be nice if there was something open all the time. It would also be nice if they had another exercise program that was a little more active, my parents used to exercise 3 times a week before they came here. There is a doctor in the centre that comes there once a month so that's nice, but he said that they weren't eating right which made my brother upset because they're eating the food here.

No extra cost for assistances; 24 hr ...

No extra cost for assistances; 24 hr nurse, rehab available.

It is like a 4 star hotel. The staff ...

It is like a 4 star hotel. The staff and residents really seem to like it there. Very clean. I would recommend this to be a great place to place a loved one. Nice private rooms. More like apartments and suites.

Be the center of attention at Towne Centre, where weekly socials, exercise programs, clubs and games let residents get the most out of life while experiencing the best in Independent Living and Assisted Living services in Merrillville, Indiana. We also boast Special Care services to promote a continuum of care. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally stimulating. From thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our studio and one-bedroom apartments feature full-sized kitchenettes, while our two-bedroom homes offer kitchens with full-sized appliances. Wall-to-wall carpet provides the ultimate in comfort along with housekeeping and laundry services that are attractive for residents wishing to kick back and enjoy. Our caring and professional staff provides a helping hand for residents who may appreciate assistance with activities of daily living but also offer the independence to go out and about and explore the many shopping, dining and entertainment options that Merrillville has to offer. Towne Centre is convenient to multiple hospitals and pharmacies within a 5-mile radius that offer the most in medical services.