Embark at Orchard Glen - Orchard Park, NY

Very nice place but to far out, bad location

They Have a Lot to Offer

Brookdale Orchard Glen has been a great experience so far. I love that they are close by and that they have a lot to offer. It's very clean. The apartments are very nice, the staff is very helpful, and the food is very good here. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Mom's Good Care

I am happy with the care from this community from the day that I walked in. The staff are caring and attentive. We like the clean atmpsphere. The menu seems to be appealing. We like that they try and help her with the many activiites. We would recommend this communiy for the care of a loved one.

A place to call home

I am happy with the care at this nice community. We have been very happy with the staff who are friendly and attentive. the community is clean and maintained. The menu is very good and a lot of healthy choices. Activities are offered for her to participate with the other residents. We would recommend this community for the good care and the nice staff for other families and there loved one.

A wonderful place

The staff is friendly and encouraging. I have tried the food and I think it is great. They do offer daily activities. They take good care of the community and the grounds are well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Very nice staff and community. Thank you.

A great experience

My father lived at Orchard Glen for 3 years before he became ill. He moved to Orchard Glen after living in his home for over 40 years; we weren't certain how well he would transition to the Community, Once he arrived at Orchard Glenn, Dad loved it! He met many fine, fun and caring people who became fast friends. The staff was always pleasant, helpful, patient and available at a beck and call. (Which was both amazing and a big relief for my siblings and me, because we all lived out of state). His apartment (2 bed) was just the right size after transitioning from his single family home. The garage was very handy to have once the snow started to fall. Meals were delicious, and Dad looked forward to breakfast and dinner every day, not only because of the well prepared meals, but also because of the social opportunity.

We still talk about making the right choice for retirement.

My husband & I have lived here only about 2 months but so far we really like it. Moving from LA to Orchard Park, big move, but we both agree it's working out very well. We live in a cottage home...a very well appointed, comfortable place with a marvelous view of a large pond, big trees, bushes & birds. It feels like the countryside & not near a big city. The people are very friendly, introduce themselves & make us feel welcome. The staff is very helpful & was prompt in helping with some issues we had. Also, I appreciate the cleaning service which is excellent. The dining hall has a nice ambiance and the food is very good & plentiful. There are activities to keep one busy. Will be trying out Needle Crafters. I could not really rate CARE as we are self sufficient but I assume, based on our experience so far, it will be very good. Also our puppy can live with us. We would highly recommend this facility.

Going fine

Everything is going fine so far. We are getting settled in. So far, we have not had any major issues or complaints with the facility or the staff at Brookdale. It has been a pretty good experience so far.

My mother has been there for about 2 months now. She was very reluctant to leave her home and move anywhere. She has actually transitioned much easier and quicker than we thought she would. The staff at Orchard Glen Emeritus, were extremely helpful in welcoming her and making her feel at home. Even the residents themselves were so friendly and welcoming, making my mother feel comfortable. There are so many activities for the residents to become involved and to socialize, that this is just what my mother was missing being alone in her home. So far, we are extremely happy with Emeritus at Orchard Park.

Great place so far!

My mother and step-father are both 86 years old. She has Macular Degeneration and he is starting with Dementia. They moved into Orchard Glen about a month ago. They seem to be enjoying their new apartment. They always talk about how friendly and helpful the staff and other residents are there. I think this is going to be a wonderful place for them to be.

Great place to be in year golden years

Just placed my sister-in-law at Orchard Glen, so far it has been very positive experience for her. Leaving a home after 59 years is really hard. Staff and neighbors have been very friendly to her. Also I feel she is eating more often and better food.