Elderwood Residences at Wheatfield - Wheatfield, NY

Looked extremely clean, nice and welcoming.

The community manager and residents we met were just wonderful. The homes were spacious and beautiful.

Beautiful Community

Elderwood Residences at Wheatfield is a beautiful and well-maintained community. My dad has moved from a villa to an apartment, which I think will suit his needs better. The staff is very friendly and caring, they are very attentive to his care needs. The meals they provide are very good, he really likes the food that they serve. They have get-togethers, they recently had a 4th of July celebration that he enjoyed. They offer activities and transportation for him to go into town and other excursions. The outside landscaping is very nice and they provide seating for the residents to enjoy the fresh air. I would highly recommend Elderwood Residences to friends and family.

We made a mistake coming here, for some reason believing that we could get assisted living care in a residence with independent apartments for seniors. No, these were simply rooms without separate living and sleeping areas. The price was exorbitant given the size of the units (4700 for the largest 'studio) and second person fee also high (1700)...making the total well over $6000 for very limited space and ameneties. The geographic area is economically depressed and run down; full of abandoned motels and places that looked derelict. I cannot imagine where they take residents for trips; the casino? We didnt bother doing the tour; it was just all too depressing.

The Community Has A Personal Feeling

We went this community because on the tour we got a personal and different feeling, we did not feel like it was all business. They are fantastic and great place for my dad. As far as what I am told, he is still settling in. He is meeting a couple people and the staff take him to medical appointments. He is coming around and it is the best for him.

Good care for my brother.

This community is nice and very clean. I am not sure if he will participate in the activities . The food seems to be good and he is enjoying the meals. The staff is nice and friendly and patient. i would recommend this community for nice care for a love one.

Great Location!!

The staff have been excellent and very helpful with my loved one. They have been attentive and quick to help with his needs. Overall I have no complaints and am satisfied with Elderwood Residence.

Great food. Excellent social setting.

Elderwood Residence at Wheatfield is a unique patio home and apartment community designed for independent seniors who want to enjoy retirement living, but avoid the commitments of home ownership.