Hearth Brook - Newark, OH has yet not published prices.

Things are good so far

I tried the food and it is was not bad. Mom seems to like it. They do offer daily activities and the staff are encouraging her to participate in some of them. The staff are friendly, helpful, quick to respond to our questions and always readily available. This is a smaller clean community and I would recommend it.

I think it's good.

I think it's good. One of the only problems is that there have been some charges that we weren't expecting. They have also been a little less understanding about certain dementia behaviors than I thought they would. The apartment is beautiful. The staff has been wonderful and have really communicated well with us. They were one of the most reasonably priced places.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into senior living options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, I don't think this place was the best match for what my loved one was needing at the time. Overall it seems like a nice place, and is definitely worth a look!

Very caring staff

They do an excellent job here, I'd give them 5s across the board! The staff are very friendly and caring, and they do a great job of dealing with my loved one. She can be very demanding when it comes to attention and time, but they always deal with her with patience and compassion. It's a nice looking place, and it is always very clean.

Best place ever for my mom.

The warmth and caring of staff allowed me to leave her without worry she would be well cared for. Not only is she receiving superior care, but the staff provides love and support for me as I must get acquainted with a new person developing Alzheimers. I can not say enough good about the facility, the staff and the variety of activities availble for mom every day.

Loved it and have this unde...

Loved it and have this under strong consideration.

Affordable assisted living

We do not consider the Sterling House a nursing home - it is an assisted living community. They have nice rooms for residents, no hospital beds or anything like that. I marked them down in cleanliness just because the carpet throughout looks dingy, it is in need of a steam clean or being replaced. But other than that the facility is very clean and my mom's place is cleaned by the staff. She has acclimated pretty well. This is the first place we looked at and my mom was overwhelmed that she could afford to stay at such a beautiful place with a selection of amenities. We didn't need to look anywhere else. The Sterling house gives you the most for your money. So far everything has been good, I have not heard any negatives from mom yet.

I liked this also. Cheerful surroundi...

I liked this also. Cheerful surroundings,rooms sm but nice & lg closet space. nrsg,pt/ot,etc available here as well. Residents out & about & seem cotent. Have retained some of staff for yrs. Very knowledgeable & helpful...a great assest to this place!

Nice place, friendly staff. Looks cle...

Nice place, friendly staff. Looks clean and well maintained. Nice public areas. Suite-like rooms with microwave. Housekeeping and laundry weekly. No towels and TP provided. Hydration and Sack carts throughout the day. Nice courtyard and doors are always locked. Activities scheduled and weekly themes for activities. Lots of groups come in to entertain. Good retention of employees. Monthly family meals with no charge for single meals.

At Hearth Brook, we believe everyone should enjoy an active, independent lifestyle. At our beautiful Assisted Living community in Newark, OH, our residents receive the right amount of assistance in their day-to-day life, when they need it most, and never with a one-size-fits-all approach. This empowers all our residents to live their lives the way they choose.

Hearth Brook’s friendly, homelike atmosphere is filled with resort-style amenities and hospitality. You’ll have the confidence and freedom to stay active in the Licking County community you know and love. Stay close to family and friends. And most of all, you’ll continue to enjoy all the things you enjoy in meaningful, purposeful ways.

We’re a nonprofit community, and you’ll find that everything we do is focused on improving the lives of our residents, their families and the community we serve