Brookdale Mount Vernon - Mount Vernon, OH

Brookdale Mount Vernon - Mount Vernon, OH has yet not published prices.

Do not send your parents or loved ones here if they need any type of assistance or are a fall risk.

Horrible situation if you are expecting assisted living. Always short staffed with long delays in answering call lights.

Taking Good Care of My Mother

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. The staff is good, they are taking good care of her, and her needs. The community is well-kept. They do a good job with the cleanliness. Everything is working out very well for us at this community, and I would recommend it.

Initial Impression is Good

So far so good. My father has only been in Brookdale for 8 days but he seems to like it. Obviously the quality of food is a major factor for the residents and the food at Brookdale seems to be better than his independent living facility that he left in the southeast. We'll see after a few months if he still thinks it is good. The staff seems pretty well trained but the residents need to understand that it's not one on one attention from the staff so if they call for assistance, it may take 15-30 minutes before a staff member can attend to them. I think this fact takes getting used to by the residents.

The activities seem well targeted towards the various levels of health of the residents, though my father has yet to participate in many of them. Dining room staff seems really attentive and friendly as well as patient with the "demands" from the residents. One resident a heard was screaming that the cook should be fired because her eggs were not hard enough at breakfast. The server was mellow and returned with "hard" eggs for the resident.

Care for mom

The care is the outstanding community with the great staff that are always attentive and caring. The community is clean and maintained. The menu is nice with a good variety. They offer my mom activities to participate with the other residents. We do like the community for the value and the great care that is received.

Extra Extra!

I was able to take a tour of this community and I just did not get the feel of being home here. The staff was wonderful and very helpful with helping us understand what they had to offer. The price just was to expensive and to many extra fees.

Truly a lovely and loving place.

My sister was alone and in great need of people, a social life, and help in caring for her own needs. Brookdale Mount Vernon was a perfect answer for her. Now she is happy, can have help in caring for herself and is under the watchful eyes of the care-givers at this wonderful facility. My thanks to all who work there.... they are wonderful. Highly recommended to those who truly care. ---

M key observations.

I visited about 15 care facilities in the Licking/Knox county area and the thing that stood out about Brookdale was its employees. Every employee from the Director to the Custodians always smiled and spoke to everyone. They knew most of the residents by their first name. everyone of the employees were ready, willing and able to assist any of the residents regardless of their need. Their attention to the needs of the residents came through as their top priority. I am confident I made a great choice for caring for my wife.

I haven't seen anything negative at all.

Everyone has been very friendly, and more than eager to help, and show me around. The care is very good, everything looks very clean. It's a really nice place. I haven't seen anything negative at all.

From the moment we stepped into the f...

From the moment we stepped into the facility, my sister and I, were welcomed by many friendly staff members and noticed many of the staff members involved with the residents. We met with a different person than originally planned, however, all of our questions were answered and the young lady gave us quite a bit of information regarding the facility. Our tour was thorough and we were also offered additional information we could take home and read. It's an overwhelming experience to go through when you are looking for quality elder care and as someone going in with blinders on, the staff helped open our eyes a little. They were patient, answered any and all questions, courteous and really tried to give us a step by step process of what we could be facing. My sister has been in several times, as I am so far away, and has been pleased with everything as our father is trying to adjust to his new situation. Thanks to all who have helped us through this process!

Emeritus hillenvale

I feel like I am giving my wife of 65+ years the best possible place to live with great care by staff and lots of people her age to provide companionship when I'm not with her. I can spend unlimited time with her, and even overnight if I desire.

Hillen Vale Mount Vernon Ohio

Moved my mother in a month and a half ago, from another assisted loving facility, that had gotten too expensive for her budget. I was impressed with the homey feel that I felt instantly when I walked in. It is beautiful and the staff is super nice and caring. I would totally recommend Hillen Vale and actually have already !!!

Nice place

Overall they seem to do a good job. It's always very clean, and the staff are friendly and caring. I feel like one area they could use improvement on is the activities.

Seems to be great

We're hoping they can take care of her but she really wasn't in there long until they decided to move her to get things straightened out and now she's headed back over there. We didn't chose it for any specific reason but we knew they would be able to give her the care she needs because she can't be in independent living, but it seems to be excellent, we'll see!

Was really interested in this place.

Was really interested in this place.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.