Clay Gardens Place - Zanesville, OH

Clay Gardens Place - Zanesville, OH has yet not published prices.

Unhappy experience!

My Mother was at Clay Gardens for about 9 months! We had a very bad experience and have since moved her to a new place. It has much better care and I am not getting urgent phone calls to come and calm her down, or I don’t know how many visits they had to the emergency room - that were unnecessary! The family was worried and it was stressful when the phone rang! The hospital finally had a discussion with them. I think all of her meds are working together now - and not one incident since she moved. Also, she stated a gentleman living there kept “bothering” her and she was always scared there! We didn’t stay to figure out who it was. It was a beautiful apartment! Turnover of their help was constant! For instance- the head nurse left, chefs/cooks have walked out, a Director left, and you never knew until you asked to talk with them. Things don’t end there! Prices went up a couple of times without much of an explanation. Supposedly Corporate changed their point system! It is a pretty place, and very clean! They just need help!

Mom has has lived at Clay Gardens since fall, and is doing great. All the staff that I have talked with are very kind and helpful. Mom enjoys the people and activities, and the facilities are well cared for.

After several at home falls my mother was faced with needing respite care. She entered Clay Gardens & within a few short days had fallen in love with the staff, management & residents. She made the decision to stay & loves it!! The employees & management make her feel so special. As a family member the employees & management have made us feel secure in the knowledge that she is well cared for. It is a comfort to know she is eating well, exercising & is watched over. She is a very social person & loves the family events as well as the different programs they offer. Her outlook on life has changed. She is healthier mentally & physically. We have been working with management on paperwork to get her a survivorship benefit through Veterans Administration. They have went above & beyond to help us with that daunting task. Clay Gardens has truly been a blessing for my mom & us. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is in need of this service. Thanks everyone & keep up the good work!

Always short staffed, residents aren’t able to get the care they deserve.

Great place for dad!

My dad has been at Clay Garden Place a little over a year and I’m going to tell you exactly what he tells anyone who asks,how do you like it here,well if you can no longer stay in your own home this is a great place to be!He and his two poodles are very well taken care of,and my siblings and I are very thankful for all the staff does for him!

There is no other place I would put my dad and if anything happened to me this is the first place I will go. Everyone is so friendly and treats my dad like family.

My mother has been at Clay Gardens for a little over a year. We are all so pleased with staff and her apartment. The facility is always clean and there is a family night every month which is always a great time! The staff has been so wonderful to us, I never have to worry about my mother being alone again.

Highly recommend Clay Gardens

My mom was a little leery about moving into a care facility but she has adjusted very well. The staff at Clay Gardens are very friendly and caring. They look out for all the residents and make sure their needs are met. My daughter who lives in Zanesville and oversees my mom's general care, feels that mom is getting very good care. Mom says the food is excellent and there is plenty of it!

I was very impressed with how clean it was and all the residents I have seen seem very happy to be there.

I like this place but I don't have that much income. It is higher than I get for a month

Review of Clay Gardens Place - Zanesville, OH

I love living at Clay Gardens.
Place and the staff are very nice and they care about the clients who live here.

Great Environment

My mom moved into Clay Gardens Place about 2 months ago and she loves it. She has enjoyed the food and the socialization. Everyone has been very helpful since this whole experience has been new to my mom and to her family.

Not the right fit

It wasn't the right fit for our loved one at the Clay Gardens Place. It didn't have a friendly feel to the community. You had to go through a locked front entrance and remember a code to get in. It seemed like the staff that I saw was hyper-vigilant and jumpy. I didn't feel that I could communicate and work with them regarding concerns about my loved one.

I love this community!

This community has been great with my mom. I have tried the food and it is good sometimes can use a little work. The community and my mom's room is always clean. They have plenty of activities for the residents and I like that the staff is very attentive.

I went to take a tour of this community and was approach by two lady's that were dressed in street clothes and had many tattoos on there body. I felt very uncomfortable and felt that this place was very unprofessional. If I felt that was i most certainly could not leave my mom there.

Way to much!

The tour went great and the people were nice and knowledgeable. The community was laid out very nicely.
We also got to see the residents out and about doing some of the activities. Again the prices were outrageous and there were just to many fees.

5 stars for Clay Gardens!!

The director I met during the tour was fantastic. The community was clean. It is a smaller community which would mean less walking. We may have chosen this community, however it was a little more expensive than we wanted.

don't do it

My mom's bed linens didn't get changed for a month, they were filthy. When I asked the housekeepers to change them, you'd thought I had 2 heads. Customer service people. Nursing stinks, turnover too high for mom to ever really get to know the people who are caring for her. Activities are misrepresented during the first visit. We will be leaving soon.

Enlivant Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your concerns. We plan to investigate this matter. We would like the opportunity to discuss with you further. Please call [removed] to speak with our customer support team.

The best quality is that this assisted living community allows for pets. The directors realize the importance of pets int he lives of aging clients.

Going well so far, sales process could use improvement

I live out of state and do not get the chance to visit often, but I've heard good things from my relatives. However, I do feel like they could have done a much better job explaining their billing and pricing structure during the sales process.

It's great, she loves it.

It's great, she loves it. It's made a world of difference for her, she is getting her independence back. They were pretty comparable price wise, to the other places. It was bright and cheerful. We really liked the size of it too, it really feels like a family. The food is kind of bland, but it's not bad. We are very happy with them.

At Clay Gardens Place is located in lovely Zanesville, Ohio and residents are at the center of our small, homelike community. We have staff available 24 hours a day to meet resident needs. We offer assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, medication management, chronic disease monitoring and pet care. We also coordinate with third party care providers which provide rehabilitation, home health and hospice care.

We offer transportation to offsite activities such as:

•Trips to historic downtown Zanesville
•Shopping trips to nearby Colony Square mall
•Visits to nearby parks
•Dining at local restaurants

When the weather is not conducive to outdoor activities such as gardening or walking our beautiful grounds we provide our own indoor entertainment:

•Tai chi
•Educational programming
•Billiards
•Baking club
•Social discussion groups

Our apartments are available for either single or double occupancy. All apartments have private bathrooms that include walk in showers with grab bars and an emergency call system. Apartments are carpeted and heating and air-conditioning are individually controlled. Kitchenettes include cabinets for storage and microwaves and refrigerators for those days when you wish to cook for yourself.

At Clay Gardens Place we strive to find the right balance of health and wellness to avoid compromising an individual’s dignity or independence