Clay Gardens Place - Zanesville, OH

Clay Gardens Place - Zanesville, OH has yet not published prices.

Highly recommend Clay Gardens

My mom was a little leery about moving into a care facility but she has adjusted very well. The staff at Clay Gardens are very friendly and caring. They look out for all the residents and make sure their needs are met. My daughter who lives in Zanesville and oversees my mom's general care, feels that mom is getting very good care. Mom says the food is excellent and there is plenty of it!

I was very impressed with how clean it was and all the residents I have seen seem very happy to be there.

I like this place but I don't have that much income. It is higher than I get for a month

Review of Clay Gardens Place - Zanesville, OH

I love living at Clay Gardens.
Place and the staff are very nice and they care about the clients who live here.

Great Environment

My mom moved into Clay Gardens Place about 2 months ago and she loves it. She has enjoyed the food and the socialization. Everyone has been very helpful since this whole experience has been new to my mom and to her family.

Not the right fit

It wasn't the right fit for our loved one at the Clay Gardens Place. It didn't have a friendly feel to the community. You had to go through a locked front entrance and remember a code to get in. It seemed like the staff that I saw was hyper-vigilant and jumpy. I didn't feel that I could communicate and work with them regarding concerns about my loved one.

Mom calls this place "home"!

Navigating care for an aging parent is super hard. My mom requires care that my sisters and I can’t provide in our homes, so 5 years ago we entered the senior care world. We were naive and clueless. Sadly, many assisted living/nursing home leaders put profit over people. Over time we are learning what questions to ask and how to navigate our way through Medicare, VA grants, care levels, etc.

In the midst of the messy, we have found incredibly amazing allies in the team at Clay Gardens Place. Of the various places mom has lived in Louisville and here, the Clay Gardens team has been the most caring, compassionate and considerate group of administrators, aids, nurses, food service personnel, etc. for my mom. In the almost 2 years she has lived there, I felt like they really cared for her, but to be honest, I’ve been hesitant to believe it because of experiencing insincerity at other places. But over the past few months we’ve had to navigate new challenges and I have been happily surprised by the personal attention they have given our family to make sure my mom is cared for respectfully and affordably. If she can’t be on Ramona Lane (the place she lived for 52 years), I’m glad she has this special place to call “home."

I love this community!

This community has been great with my mom. I have tried the food and it is good sometimes can use a little work. The community and my mom's room is always clean. They have plenty of activities for the residents and I like that the staff is very attentive.

I went to take a tour of this community and was approach by two lady's that were dressed in street clothes and had many tattoos on there body. I felt very uncomfortable and felt that this place was very unprofessional. If I felt that was i most certainly could not leave my mom there.

Way to much!

The tour went great and the people were nice and knowledgeable. The community was laid out very nicely.
We also got to see the residents out and about doing some of the activities. Again the prices were outrageous and there were just to many fees.

5 stars for Clay Gardens!!

The director I met during the tour was fantastic. The community was clean. It is a smaller community which would mean less walking. We may have chosen this community, however it was a little more expensive than we wanted.

don't do it

My mom's bed linens didn't get changed for a month, they were filthy. When I asked the housekeepers to change them, you'd thought I had 2 heads. Customer service people. Nursing stinks, turnover too high for mom to ever really get to know the people who are caring for her. Activities are misrepresented during the first visit. We will be leaving soon.

Enlivant Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your concerns. We plan to investigate this matter. We would like the opportunity to discuss with you further. Please call [removed] to speak with our customer support team.

The best quality is that this assisted living community allows for pets. The directors realize the importance of pets int he lives of aging clients.

Going well so far, sales process could use improvement

I live out of state and do not get the chance to visit often, but I've heard good things from my relatives. However, I do feel like they could have done a much better job explaining their billing and pricing structure during the sales process.

It's great, she loves it.

It's great, she loves it. It's made a world of difference for her, she is getting her independence back. They were pretty comparable price wise, to the other places. It was bright and cheerful. We really liked the size of it too, it really feels like a family. The food is kind of bland, but it's not bad. We are very happy with them.

At Clay Gardens Place is located in lovely Zanesville, Ohio and residents are at the center of our small, homelike community. We have staff available 24 hours a day to meet resident needs. We offer assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, medication management, chronic disease monitoring and pet care. We also coordinate with third party care providers which provide rehabilitation, home health and hospice care.

We offer transportation to offsite activities such as:

•Trips to historic downtown Zanesville
•Shopping trips to nearby Colony Square mall
•Visits to nearby parks
•Dining at local restaurants

When the weather is not conducive to outdoor activities such as gardening or walking our beautiful grounds we provide our own indoor entertainment:

•Tai chi
•Educational programming
•Billiards
•Baking club
•Social discussion groups

Our apartments are available for either single or double occupancy. All apartments have private bathrooms that include walk in showers with grab bars and an emergency call system. Apartments are carpeted and heating and air-conditioning are individually controlled. Kitchenettes include cabinets for storage and microwaves and refrigerators for those days when you wish to cook for yourself.

At Clay Gardens Place we strive to find the right balance of health and wellness to avoid compromising an individual’s dignity or independence