Heron Pointe Senior Living - Monmouth, OR

Heron Pointe Senior Living - Monmouth, OR has yet not published prices.

My Mom

My 89 year old mother passed in the care of Brookdale. They were compassionate and caring. They treated her with respect and dignity and helped her feel safe. She had Alzheimer's, was near blind, and near deaf. I visited often at all different times of day. I observed excellent service on all occasions. I received timely phone calls when there were any issues of concern in her care. I would highly recommend this facility for elders. Coordination of care with home health and hospice was seamless and I felt supported by the Brookdale staff throughout my mother's stay.

Samantha Alcaraz

Dear Barb, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear our community has met your expectations and are honored to be your care facility of choice. Our team believes if you do the right thing, right things happen. Thanks again.

Mom is Happy here

This community is always clean. They are prompt when my mom calls someone for help. This is a smaller community and nice. The food is hot and good she eats in her room a lot but they try to get her to go to the dining room. The staff is so kind, nice and patient. Housekeeping does a good job at keeping it clean. They will do her laundry 1x a week. They will try to engage here to do the daily activities. I would recommend this place.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for voicing your satisfaction with our community.

A better fit!

My mother is doing very well since her move to Brookdale Monmouth. It is a lot less expensive than the community that she was at previously, so we can afford her caregiver to help her out. The meals provided there are good and everyone is very nice. It is a smaller facility and it has been a good experience.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your rating. We are happy to hear your mother is doing well.

Great Community!!

I have no complaints my sisters stay so far at this community. Everyone seems to be very friendly especially all of the staff they have been great too her. She has no issues with the food they are serving and is participating in the delightful activities they have throughout the week for the residents. Its a great location that is very convenient for my family and I.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We appreciate the feedback!

They Provide Good Care

My mom is at this community which is close to the family for visits and in case of emergency. It is clean and the housekeeping staff maintains the room. My mom does not join in much that is available, she is still transitioning. The staff are nice and we have had no emergency yet and my mom has no complaints about the staff. We have been happy with the care.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to hear the feedback.

Small Improvements for Community

This community needs some kind of orientation for the family members. We are not getting answers on the care that is given to us. Very short staffed. The wait time for the meals is very long. Meals are extra if needed to be brought into my mother's room. Medications are not always refilled as soon as needed. The cleaning needs to be improved. Transportation to doctor's appointments need to be improved due to my mom has to wait in the van if others are taken to there doctor's appointments. Better care should be provided. My mom is hopeful that there will be improvements soon. Meals need to be improved. My mom has not wanted to participate at this time, but hope that soon she will want to be active and be involved at a later time. At this time I would not recommend this to others until improvements are made.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for the feedback, improvements have been made since this review and we are currently under new management.

Extremely Pleased

I think they have done a very good job from the transition from home made very welcome. I think they could have had someone after admission that would show my mom and us where things are like menu, rooms, activities etc. I am extremely pleased with this facility and my mom is getting the best care.

Samantha Alcaraz

We appreciate the feedback, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are really happy with them so far.

We are really happy with them so far. We don't have any concerns whatsoever. It's clean, and the staff is friendly. We haven't had any complaints about food at all, it's really working out so far.

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for the 5 star rating!

Indicates there is both ind...

Indicates there is both independent and assisted living available; though it is Monmouth, I will probably visit; I just spoke w/a representative. The cottages are independent. All are 2bdrm. Cost quoted was $2700, but I do not know if that includes meals. It is lower on the list for now.

Samantha Alcaraz

If you have any questions feel free to give us a call or visit our floor plan page on our website to view additional options [removed]

You couldn’t ask for better help!

They’re great! They’re all super! They are comparable value to other communities.

It was a little farther away then I wanted, but it was set up really great and everyone greeted us like they knew us.

You couldn’t ask for better help!

Samantha Alcaraz

Thank you for the 5 star rating!

They either can't do it, won't do it, don't show up, or they aren't trained to do it. Even just putting on TED Hose. She has to hire a private staff because nobody responds to the bell. They seem to have a lot activities going on and they were posted well. Their marketing is huge high pressure. The food is marginal, If one of the chefs is there they try hard but when he's off the food is not good. She has a nice room.

Samantha Alcaraz

We are sorry to hear you had this experience. We are currently under new management, if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us at [removed]