Brookdale Geary Street - Albany, OR

Brookdale Geary Street - Albany, OR has yet not published prices.

Very Welcoming

Brookdale is such an inviting community, and my loved one liked it almost immediately. When we walked in, we saw that they had a beautiful sitting area with a fireplace and four comfy chairs. It just felt very welcoming. We met the director who was warm, friendly, and full of info. She said all the right things, and my loved one jumped on the opportunity immediately. She loves it there. She has as nice little room, she gets to interact with people all the time, and she doesn't have to worry about cooking. I feel this is a very good place for her to be.

Loved the Brightness

I toured Brookdale Geary Street and really liked it. I loved the brightness of the community, and I appreciated the staff's efforts to try to accommodate us. However, I did not like the long hallways. I don't feel they would have made a good fit for my loved one.

Like a resort

Brookdale is a very nice place and the staff team there does everything they can to make my love one comfortable. When I first toured the community I really liked the staff when I was talking with them. This property seemed like a better fit. One of the reasons why we moved forward with this community is because of my love one. She really likes nice things and this place just looks like a resort. There are big open areas, they have rooms that have two stories, windows on the room, they have a fire place, nice dining room, and it is painted well. It is a newer facility and quite beautiful. At first my love one had difficulty adjusting. There was one day that I visited her and she had a smile on her face. I didn’t hear anything negative that day, which never happens. She told me that the staff makes her feel good, when I’m there they say nice things to her, and everyone has been very pleasant. With everything I have observed I recommend Brookdale.

My mom is doing well in her assisted living apt

We were fortunate to have found this community where my mom gets the help she needs in the assisted living section. They help her with her daily needs, monitor her meds and her mobility so well. My mom has started to make friends and my dad comes and visits her and they get to enjoy their meals together while he is there. The staff is very nice and they welcome my dad as well. I would definitely recommend this community.

Kind people!!

My loved one has recently made the move into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for her. The staff have been helpful in every way and I comfortable with the quality of care she is getting. The property is clean and she is content with the great activity program they have throughout the week. The dinning experience is also lovely with lot of great meals for the residents. Overall we are happy and would recommend it to anyone.

For A Respite

I had my mother-in-law stay her for respite. The overall experience was alright. She had no problems with the community. I would recommend the community and use again if we need it.

All is well!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and has been very pleased with how her stay has been going. The staff where very welcoming and have done a great job at maintaining a clean facility. She has had no complaints about her meals and has enjoyed participating in many of the activities they have to offer throughout the week. With all of the improvement she has made at this place we are hoping she will be able to come back home soon.

We recommend this community.

We chose this community for my mother-in-law because of the price, location and the activities they offer. My mother-in-law is still adjusting since her move but the staff is very friendly and able to answer any of our questions.She has taken advantage of the many activities they have. We have already recommended this community to our friends and family that are searching for a loved one.

I did not like this community for the care of my husband. The staff does not do what they promised. The administration does not do her job. This community is not clean and my husband's bedding was not changed. When I was there at different times of the day and this were not right. The state that they have activities but they are never done. The staff is usually playing on the there phone. I found a resident that was not able to find his room. The staff is not trained to do what is required. I would not recommend this community. He has been moved out of the community.

Very Nice Tour

I had a very nice tour of this community. It is a very nice place, and everything looked great. All they staff members I came a crossed were very kind. My tour guide was very informative, and sweet. The experience went well. It is a very nice place.

I am very impressed with the caregivers, the aides are fantastic.

After two months, I am very impressed with the med aides and resident aides, they are fantastic. The staff try to keep it clean and engage with the residents. Anyone being placed here will get very good care by the staff but when going to sign papers, it's a good idea to have someone there to hear the details. It is a stressful situation and would have been good to have someone else there to make sure that everything was clear. I am not sure that the communication with the administration has been as good. There was a little confusion with the billing and I feel that the initial information was not consistent with what actually happened. I feel like I spend a lot of time going to the doctors to help facilitate orders. The residents say the food is good but it seems like they serve potatoes at every lunch and dinner.

Excellent Care for Dad

We are very happy with the community. It is the best in the state. The care is outstanding. A beautiful community the is very clean. Excellent meals are available. Alot of activities for my dad. I highly recommend this community to others for the best care!

Great Care

This was nice care for my mom. The staff is very nice and helpful with her care. It was very clean and taken care of. They are a excellent community and highly recommended.

Recommendations Needed for Improvement.

The community is nice and the staff is nice. Small communication skills on different shifts and better communication is needed in a few areas. The food could use some improvements with the variety of food. They do offer activities for those who want to join in. Some improvements need to be made. Families should consider other communities.

New to Brookdale

My mom's been here three weeks. The staff and residents are very friendly. The activity director, Barbara, is amazing - connects with the residents on a personal level and also has every day chock full of activities. The space itself is open and welcoming. Only 3 weeks in so still getting adjusted but very good.

Move in difficulties…

We're hoping that our move in process was an anomaly, indicative of neither the typical move in experience nor on going care decisions by the community staff.

Our initial move in date was postponed by Brookdale after my mom had a fall, but not until we had moved her completely and were settling her in. Because the fall took place outside her home, they had concerns that she might wander, despite actual circumstances and no previous history of wandering.

So we were compelled to take her home to a house in complete disarray, not yet cleaned and devoid of all her belongings. We had to restock food, scrounge bedding from neighbors and buy clothing items we hadn't anticipated needing.

Because of a holiday, staff left early for the weekend and were off on Monday, so despite meeting all requested criteria, no one was available to make a decision for us for six days.

Our whole reason for moving her in the first place was because she was living in deplorable conditions and is struggling with dementia. Moving back to her home, turned upside down, absent all of her most important personal belongings and still filthy, was devastated to her, as she struggled to understand what was happening.

When we were eventually allowed to move her in, one of us was required to stay with her in her unit for a week, and we were told we then need to arrange a private health care individual to sit outside her door every night for two weeks. The health care worker requirement was dropped on the day it was to start, after all arrangements had been made. None the less, we were thankful to avoid this final expensive and intrusive condition.

Overall, we think this is the best place for our Mom and the daily staff is very friendly, generally bending over backwards to accommodate her needs. We're hopeful that our move in experience was a fluke. That future decisions regarding her care are based on her best interest, rather than what appeared to be an attempt to protect their bottom line from a possible, yet non-existent issue, with blatant disregard for the fragile state of an elderly individual.

Very nice place

Our loved one was only here a short time, but even in that short stay we were very impressed by the level of service provided at Brookdale Geary Street. The caregivers were caring, professional, and knowledgeable, and a few of them really went above and beyond in making sure our loved one was comfortable. The director and the marketing person we worked with were a huge help throughout the whole sign-up process as well. The facilities were new looking, clean, spacious, and just felt very comfortable overall. I would highly recommend them.

great facility

I rated the facility all 5 stars. It is working out great for us. We really like the facility and we enjoy it.

Great place

The staff here is great. The facility is very nice and bright when you walk in. It is also very clean. I think there could be better communication among the staff, so that they can better serve the residents. Other than that, great place.

Will be moving him here contingent on his interview tomorrow.

State Survey reviewed

Tour taken today, room available.

Good schedule

They do have a nice schedule. They play guitar there.

Some Improvements needed

Because it was brand new, I think their care would be better if they understand the disease a little more, that there are different kinds of dementia. They need to make sure they have better individual activities too, because sometimes the group activities are stimulating enough. They also need to fight the doctors and be willing to not give medications that have black box warning on them.

Amazing Care

They go out of their way to give my loved one better care than he has had in the past. There probably could be more communication amongst themselves. They do the best they can, but they are busy all the time. Maybe they need a debriefing in between shifts where people leave off.

Billing issues

The Brookdale Assisted Living on Geary St SE in Albany, OR has been great to work with for my mom. They were able to promise us a placement before mom arrived and moved to the size she needed before we moved her in.
The only draw back was the local and corporate have not managed to get the billing correct. That corporate withdrew from her bank account three times her monthly rate the first time they accessed the account.
We are still working on accounting where the funds are and how they will be used.

They are doing a pretty good job so far.

They are doing a pretty good job so far. We don't really have any complaints. The staff is friendly and the place is kept clean. I don't get any complaints about food. So far we are pleased and would rate them pretty highly.

Very nice place!

Things have gone very well so far with Wynwood of Albany! It's a clean, very nice looking newer facility, they have all sorts of activities, the staff have been friendly and professional.

Not for us. Nice new buildi...

Not for us. Nice new building but no heartfelt connection for me.

Clare Bridge in Albany has been an answer to our prayers.

Clare Bridge in Albany has been an answer to our prayers. This turned out to be the perfect fit for our loved one. He seems much happier and more pleasant to be around. The community itself is only a few months old.

Beautiful community

It’s a beautiful community. It’s brand new. It’s very clean. We’ve walked into some that didn’t smell very good – but this one was fine. It’s very well lit, but this one gives residents lots of room to walk around – with court yards that are adequate to go walk around.

It's pretty clean, I think the rug in the apartment could be a little cleaner. The staff is definitely friendly. They respond pretty good to requests, and concerns, but maintenance could be a little better and done a little sooner, it may be because they are a little understaffed. The activities director is a real sweetheart, and they have a wide variety of activities too. I've eaten several times there, and my parents rave about it, the food would be a five. They did mix the laundry up one time. There has also been a little mix up with the billing, and they took care of it right away. We chose them because they were so responsive to us when we had a last minute emergency situation, they were pretty efficient. We have just been really happy with them and the caregivers are really exceptional they are always perky and happy, I don't ever see a scowl on their faces.

They are pet friendly, and the food i...

They are pet friendly, and the food is pretty good! We were impressed with the cleanliness, and the rooms were decent. They have a great activities director and they take the bus to go out and do activities, like look at Christmas lights, or go to the doctor. They even have a Veteran's trip to Washington, DC coming up! The care is good, and they handle prescriptions pretty well. I've experienced a few issues with the billing department. There seems to be a big disconnect between Wynwood and their parent company, Brookdale. They allowed us to negotiate some finances, but they did not reflect on our bill. However, we did really like that they offered a short term loan. You are able to sell assets in order to cover the costs while you wait for Medicaid to kick in, which is extremely helpful for families who weren't able to plan as much as some others.

Great Community

After visiting and talking with Wynwood we felt like it was the right fit for my mom. We thought we would have to put her in a memory care community but with them we were able to put her in assisted living. They are currently building a memory care unit and I believe it should be ready sometime in 2014. Once that is built if my loved one needs more care then she could continue to stay on the property just receive more care through them. They are very accommodating and have really taken the time to learn my mom behaviors and how to adjust to it. An example is they put stickers that say "Alarm will sound" on certain doors so when my mother reads them she doesn't open them and has to go out a certain door, that way they can see her and know when she is going outside. The residents are friendly and help each other. Some residents take some new residents under their wings so that they feel more comfortable.

Brookdale Geary Street provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Wynwood of Albany
we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.