Bonaventure of Salem - Salem, OR has yet not published prices.

NOT IMPRESSED

My grandfather is a resident there in memory care and from the times I've been there, I'd say they need to have someone inspect how they do things! His meds found on the floor on multiple occasions, bathroom left soiled and disgusting, his clothes not changed/ bedding, and the horrid smell. I'm sure with the many residents they have, these are not the only problems going on there. This is the one on Boone Rd SE. It is not fair to the residents and their families to be treated this way and have nothing resolved after numoruous attempts to contact especially with how much they charge! HORRIBLE

Bonaventure Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it. When the issue(s) that was mentioned were brought to the attention of Bonaventure Staff, it was addressed immediately to the satisfaction of the residents wife. We were sorry to see him taken from the community. We miss him. It is our priority to make sure that ALL Bonaventure residents have the care they require and have the staff to meet those care needs. Please feel free to email any additional feedback to GAshby (at) livebsl.com

Great Facilities, Even Greater Staff!

My Parents have been looking for a place to possibly retire too as my Father is now retired and step mother is soon to follow. They are getting to an age where they would rather focus on traveling and living the life they want, not the life they are confined to at home. Managing all the yardwork, taking care of the house, preparing all their meals, etc. At Bonaventure, that is taken care of for them and they no longer have to worry about anything else!
In our experience in dealing with the staff, they have been nothing but professional and courteous to us. The cost might be a little higher than other retirement communities, but the way I see it, you are getting so much more value for the price you are paying. When they are ready, I am recommending that Bonaventure be the place for them!

Grandt Mansfield

Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to send us an email anytime at [removed]

My husband and I have lived here ever since the doors have been open and we couldn't be happier.
We love the homey feeling that Bonaventure provides.
We love the safety that Bonaventure provides, as well as the fact that we don't have to own a home anymore!

We LOVE Chloe the Executive Director at this building, we think the world of her and love that she is willing to help with any task no matter how big or small

My Father

My dad has lived here since the doors open and we couldn't be happier with the choice to have him here.
Dad's favorite thing is the large variety of puzzles that they supply up in the activities room.
He is living in the retirement side of the community so they don't provide care but we get housekeeping once a week which is great.

Assisted living

My parents have been at Bonaventure for the last 3 years and I could not ask for a better place for them to be. The location is very ideal-- right next to I-5. They are kept very busy with all the fun things going on during the day. They are in the assisted living and only receive a little help, but it is great knowing that they can be there long-term as they age. All in all this is a great place for any senior!

Very poor nursing staff

This is a true account of incidents that occurred at Bonaventure and is in no way meant to disparage anyone involved but, to educate them and hope they do better to make Bonaventure meet its potential to be a really great place to live...Until then...On July 9th my mother was prescribed nebulizer treatment four times daily for her COPD. She had a bad cough and her O2 levels have been in the low 80s. I called Bonaventure on the 14th to verify that she was getting the treatments. They said their pharmacy—Omnicare—had sent the medication, but not the actual nebulizer and had also failed to inform Bonaventure that they don’t supply nebulizers. Apparently, it wasn’t important enough at Bonaventure to track down a machine until I called them on the 14th, nearly a week after the order. I asked them what they were going to do about it and they finally called the Doctors Clinic and got an order to Lincare for a nebulizer to be delivered to Bonaventure. I would think Bonaventure’s head nurse would have seen the order and done whatever it took to get a nebulizer without waiting nearly a week. I realize that staff people are busy, but COPD is very serious. When an order for medication is received, I expect everyone involved in my mother’s care to scramble to get it to her. They told me she “might get some today, or maybe tomorrow.” She missed several days of a medication she needed four times daily. To breathe. I expect this to be Priority One in the triage pecking order. On July 16th, she received her first nebulizer treatment, a full week after the order was given. On Thursday, July 31st, my mother’s prescription for Duoneb, administered by nebulizer four times daily, was discontinued and replaced by Dr. Prakash at Salem Pulmonary Associates with a Ventolin inhaler. The hand written order sent to Bonaventure was illegible, as per the cliché. On Monday, August 4th, I asked a Bonaventiure nurse if the Duoneb had in fact been replaced by the Ventolin. She said she didn’t think so, because no one at Bonaventure could read Dr. Prakash’ hand writing. They had had Thursday afternoon and all day Friday, plus the weekend, to call SPA and get the prescription clarified, but as of Monday at around 5PM, no one had done so. The nurse said she’d call him, but I did it myself in order to be certain it got done. There are other incidents and examples.

We did not have a good experience with them.

We did not have a good experience with them. We were set to move in and they told us that the person we were waiting on to move out hadn't moved out yet. They put our loved one at another facility, pretty far away temporarily while we waited for them to vacate. That was a lie, they actually had some violations that meant they weren't allowed to accept new residents, until it was cleared up. Then we ended up having to go to where they had moved our loved one and get him to get out of that community.

Not the Right Place

When we first realized that my husband couldn't stay at home we moved him to Bonaventure. They are not set up to be any kind of a care home. It was fine for what they claimed to be. He was in the special section but they didn't do anything medical there at all. I think they were okay but it just wasn't the right place for him to be.

It's a great day at Bonaventure of Salem where you can live life on your terms!

Independent Retirement Living, Full Service Retirement / Assisted Living, and Memory Care Services.

Visit today and discover Retirement Perfected!

Salem, Oregon, is one of the smaller state capital cities in the United States with a population of just below 170,000. However, Salem continues to grow and expand as more businesses and job opportunities arise. Thanks in part to its small size, Salem is a slow-paced city that offers plenty of benefits for senior living.

City Info

Although Salem is relatively small, it packs quite a punch for a smaller city. You can find plenty to do here, especially if you're walking around downtown.

- Walkability: Walk Score gives Salem, OR, a walkability score of 42. This score means that most errands require a car, although that depends on where you're at in Salem.

- Average age: The average age of Salem residents is 35.4 years old, which is a good bit younger than the 39.1 year old average for the state of Oregon. However, much of the younger population resides in the more populated areas.

- Weather: The weather in Salem, OR, changes throughout the year but is mostly mild. Average high temperatures range from 48 degrees Fahrenheit in January to 82 degrees in August and July. Although Salem gets about 40 inches of rainfall each year, it only gets about 6 inches of snow €” and some years see no snow at all.

- Veterans: There are plenty of veterans facilities in Salem, including the Salem Vet Center, the Veterans Affairs office and the Veterans of Foreign Wars building.

Transportation

Transportation isn't exactly Salem's strong point, but you still have some options when it comes to getting from point A to point B.

- Buses: The Cherriots buses in Salem run 7 days a week and can take you pretty much anywhere in Salem and Keizer. The smaller CherryLift bus can accommodate people whose disability doesn't allow them to use the regular Cherriots bus.

- Taxis: As is the case with nearly every city, Salem offers classic yellow cab taxis in addition to some other services. RED Line is a service seniors can call to get help with running day-to-day errands.

Health and Safety

Your safety and well-being are always a major concern when searching for a good senior living facility. Luckily, Salem does pretty well in both departments.

- Hospitals: Even though it's not the largest city, Salem has plenty in the way of hospitals and health care. There are many clinics €” one of which is close to Bonaventure €” and a large hospital with most every service.

- Crime rate: When it comes to crime, Salem mostly deals with small property crime. On a scale of 1 to 100 where 100 is the worst, Salem scores a 28 for violent crime and a 52 for property crime. The violent crime rate is just below the national average (31.1) and the property crime rate is just above the national average (38.1).

Sports and Leisure

Salem isn't necessarily known for its sports and leisure, but you can definitely find some great things to do that will keep you moving in your senior years.

- Golf: There aren't a ton of options for golfing in Salem. You have about five clubs and courses and a few different options for mini-golfing. There are more golf courses outside of Salem.

- Tennis: In addition to the public tennis courts and gyms where you can play tennis, Salem Tennis & Swim has nice courts where you can find people to play against or practice with.

- Gyms: If you're looking for a good gym to get some exercise, you can't beat Fit 50+. You get personal training and tons of helpful classes, and you can even get massages, haircuts and foot care.

Shopping and Entertainment

Thanks to its two malls and commercial, grid-like structure, Salem is a wonderful place to shop or walk around. The Salem Center mall is located near downtown, just a short walk from grocery stores, restaurants, bookstores and two beautiful parks.

- Clothes: Salem offers a wide variety of shopping choices. The two malls have plenty of department, designer and menswear stores, but there are also some locally owned shops, vintages stores, and secondhand stores.

- Groceries: The mainstay for groceries in Salem is Fred Meyer. However, there are also Safeway stores, specialty shops and a farmer's market to help you get a more varied diet.

- Restaurants: In addition to fast food, burger joints and cafes, Salem has lots of great options for pizza, home-style American food, sandwiches and more. The Beehive Station food cart pod in South Salem is a great place to have lunch.

- Movie theaters: You can find your typical large theater in Salem, but there are some other neat options, too. The Cinebarre allows you to eat and drink while enjoying a movie, and the Northern Lights Theater and Pub gives you the same experience with older, more affordable movies.

- Libraries: Just south of downtown Salem is the public library. There are also university libraries, as well as free bookshelves €” called Little Free Libraries €” near some sidewalks where you can take a book as long as you replace it with one.

- Attractions: There are some really beautiful city parks in Salem where you can relax and enjoy the scenery or take a stroll. The Riverfront Park gives you a nice view and features an outdoor ice skating rink in winter.

Religious Facilities

If there's one thing Oregon is known for, it's acceptance. A look at the multitude of churches around Salem is evidence of that.

- Religious facilities nearby: Among Salem's churches, you'll find LDS churches, Baptist churches, a Methodist church, a Presbyterian church, a Lutheran church, and even some mosques and Masonic temples.