Redwood Heights Assisted Living - Salem, OR

I Recommend It

Our experience with Redwood Heights has been excellent so far. The staff has been very helpful, understanding, and responsive. They really do care, and seem like very genuine people. My mother seems to really enjoy the food, especially the breakfast. I also appreciate that they keep her room and bathroom very clean. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

I am out of state

I live out of state and I don't get to talk to my aunt often but from what she does tell me is that she is doing well here and she is very happy. She says the staff is very friendly and kind and treats her very well here which is good to hear. She has mentioned on occasion that she does participate in some of the outings and activities they offer. My aunt has told me she really likes the food there.

Just starting my search for a place for my friend, this rates high on the list from just my first visit.
Everything is visually appealing and the people seem friendly and helpful. Prices are in line with others I have see so far, a tour is a must if you are looking too.

Things are going well.

I looked at many properties in the Salem area and this was the best one! My parents moved in recently and they like the staff, cleanliness and food. They are also getting involved in activities.

Frontier Management

Thanks for the feedback! We strive to provide excellent service to our customers at Redwood Heights. You really made our day today.

I am very happy with the care my mother gets at Redwood Heights. She is pretty independent but needs assistance with various things. The staff provide
quality care along with keeping her apartment clean and tidy. She enjoys going on various outings as provided by Redwood and also involved in the various activities provided. She is quite social and the staff and other residents interact with her in a positive way. I would recommend Redwood Heights to anyone looking for Senior Care options.

Frontier Management

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your opinion plays an integral part in our customer service. Happy to hear that the staff provides your mother quality care! You really made our day today.

Perfect!

My husband was only at Redwood Heights for a short time, but everything was perfect while he was there. I have told others that it's really nice and clean. The people working with him were very kind. He enjoyed visiting with others there. He's a food-a-holic and said the food was very good.

Things are going well.

Things are going very well since my father has been at Redwood Heights Assisted Living. He's still adjusting. Right now they are struggling with keeping it clean, the room hasn't been cleaned for a couple of weeks because the housekeeper has been out. I was happily surprised with the fees, I thought I would be paying more. The communication with the staff is not always great. The food in general is excellent. They do have a lot of activities, but there's not much he can participate in being legally blind.

really like them

I really like Redwood Heights Assisted Living. They are doing exactly what we asked and what they promised to deliver. The place is very clean and well kept, and my mother seems very happy there. The staff is great - very helpful and friendly.

Friendly, helpful staff!

Our experience with Redwood Heights Assisted Living has been a good one, overall! I toured quite a few in the area, and this one was at the top of our list! The place was clean, smelled good, and I thought the rooms were spacious and we liked they layout. The staff here have been very friendly and helpful throughout the whole process, and they're doing a great job looking after Mom!

It has worked out really well

It has worked out really well. It has been perfect for my dad because he's able to socialize now. He's just so happy. My mom is getting use to it. She's getting out of her room and participating in the activities. A lot of the isolation my parents had has improved. They have 3 meals a day. The staff cleans the room once a week. It's a friendly place. We're very happy with the Redwood Heights Assisted Living.

Pretty good experience

The Redwood Heights Assisted Living is a nice community. The only issue is that it is hard to get all the caregivers to know what my mother needs. That's just the frustrating part. Other than that, It has been a pretty good experience. This is a nice community.

Home--This is definitely what my mom lived in for the last 8+ years.

My mom called Redwood Heights home for the past 8 1/2 years. She loved to sit in her bright, well lit room, watching tv or looking out the windows. The staff gave her lots of attention which she loved. If something was not the way that she wanted it, she would tell either the aides or even the director. Her reasonable demands were always met. With family in the area, she did not participate in all of the activities that were offered, but did love the twice a week bingo games. The resident bus was available for trips to the doctors and this aspect was much appreciated by the family. The facilities are very well kept and inviting, especially the large dining room. There are a variety of menu options offered at each meal, all prepared by their excellent chef. Redwood Heights is the type of assistant living location that definitely can be called home.

Liked!

We really liked them a lot. If we could have transplanted them and brought them up more North, we would have gone there. The people were really friendly, and it was a little bigger.

This was the RIGHT place for our mother, even if change is so difficult (at any age!)

Due to a rather quick decline in Mother's health, we needed to have to her leave her independent living residence and go into respite care so that she could regain her strength. That gave us the opportunity to actually have her stay at two different assisted living residences for two weeks each and do a compare/contrast in regard to the food, caregiving, etc. Though she began to regain her strength, I was not at all pleased with the first asst'd. care residence; had she moved in, she would have had a nicer apt. at a lower cost, but she was going to be vastly overcharged for her service plan. She agreed to then go to Redwood Heights and after 3 days, decided that it was the place for her (if we were going to "force" her to go into asst'd. living). Unfortunately she fell & broke her hip after being there just 6 nights; no fault of theirs, that's for sure! Five + weeks later after surgery and rehab, she returned and moved into her studio apt. I wanted to wait to write this review until after she had completed her initial 30-day service plan and revisited her needs/wants. Mike Burdick, the executive director, did an excellent job of conducting the meeting and Mother was pleased with the outcome. Now that she's gotten used to the services provided for her, she's very comfortable with where she is, especially appreciating the medication administration, assistance with showering & dressing and personal laundry services. She feels that she's able to still maintain a good portion of her independence though living in an assisted living residence. She's especially appreciative of the Resident Assistants' friendliness and aid.

Nice Place

They were nice. The reason we didn’t pick them was they didn't have any bedroom units available, which is what I was looking for. They only had studios.

An Awesome Assisted Living Home!!

A true 5 star!!!*****
I was looking for a home for my 85 year old Mother who has dementia and I believe I found the perfect spot for her at Redwood Heights. My first communication was with Rosalind and what an amazing lady. She spent over an hour on the phone with me and finally 2 years later and many, many phone calls and tears we finally got mom situated in her new beautiful home. I had looked at many others but they just didn't have that warm fuzzy feeling like Redwood Heights.

It wasn't an easy task and we are still trying to get her acclimated. Every employee and staff member that we have come in contact with has been awesome. They have gone above and beyond trying to help Mom and believe me it has not been easy. She has wandered off a couple times and they have been spot on to get her back to her room and calmed down. From Mike, to Rosalind to Michelle, Gloria, Rhonda, Aaron, Scott, Vanessa, Jessica, Debra, etc. I can't even remember all of them but let me just say that we love all of them. Mom is not easy and they have made her feel so at home and she always says, "I love it here and everyone is so nice"! I would absolutely recommend Redwood Heights!

A litle more staffing

We were very pleased with Redwood Heights but had to leave this community because of fall risk for our loved one. They did great during the day and had excellent staff but during the night they would have minimal staffing and our loved one would become impatient waiting for someone to help so she would try and do it herself. We are no longer here but our loved one would love to go back we just don’t feel they could offer the level of staffing we were looking for. Overall we were very pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

Welcome to Redwood Heights Retirement and Assisted Living Residence, the premier Retirement and Assisted Living Community in Salem, Oregon. Redwood Heights is located in the heart of Salem, only a short distance away from shopping, restaurants, parks and Salem Hospital, yet it’s secluded location provides the feeling of an elegant country mansion nestled along a terraced hillside. Our goal at Redwood Heights is to exceed each Resident’s individual needs while maintaining the highest level of choices, dignity, privacy and respect. Our concept of independent and comfortable senior housing with services assures our Residents that their specific needs will be professionally attended to by our 24-hour on site staff. Each resident selects the level of assistance they require while maintaining their independent lifestyle.

Redwood Heights amenities include a large elegant dining room, living room, reading nooks, activity room, ice cream parlor, library and TV lounge. Safety features of the Community include a complete building sprinkler system and smoke detectors. Our residents enjoy these features along with delicious, home-style meals, meaningful activity programs and scheduled transportation. Our small town community atmosphere compliments all of this and more. Additionally, our wellness and activity programs provide further assistance to maintain our residents’ independence and quality of life.

As a Resident at Redwood Heights you will enjoy the privacy of your own residence within a Community of care and support. Each apartment features spacious living areas, large private bathroom, emergency call system, kitchenette and individual climate control.