The Gardens at Columbine - Littleton, CO

We enjoyed our tour. Liked the ambience of the lobby, sitting areas, and dining room. Studio room was a bit small, but kitchenette is a plus. Still reviewing some other options before we make a decision.

Great facility and great contact. This was my number one choice until we decided to move to Kansas City. The tour and presentation were comprehensive and informative. Thanks.

This is a great fit for my mom

My mom is doing great at The Gardens at Columbine, the staff is attentive and friendly. My mom does enjoy the going to the dining area with the other residents and the food is pretty good. They offer a lot of activities which my mom can't do too much of right now because she is going to have knee surgery very soon but there is a lot to choose from and there are field trips as well as shopping for the residents who want to go out. I would definitely recommend The Gardens at Columbine.

My father's care

This is a good community for care. We like the clean community with a good environment. The staff works together as a team. They all help with keeping all of the residents active with the list of activities. They offer a good menu with a good variety of meals. I like knowing that he is in a good community with the care and the value. Families might be happy with taking a tour of the community for the care of a loved one.

Mom is happy

The receptionist is so friendly and all the people know the residents. The activities keep the residents busy!

Nice Community

The Gardens at Columbine is my new home and I am satisfied with it. I like my new room that has they style I prefer. I also like the the size of my apartment.

Was nice several years ago, had gone down hill over the last couple of years

Family member lived for numerous years at this facility. Over the last couple of years, there have been so many staff changes that the staff doesn't know the residents. Activities director used to go room to room to ask residents to come down for activities. New person doesn't do this. If you were told that your loved one could stay "until end of life, with a few exceptions" don't believe them. If there are any problems, or your loved one needs more attention, they will ask you to leave. There have been times when I was over and dirty clothes just laying in bathroom, not in hamper, clean clothes not put away. Days when family member looked she was in some old nursing home, unkempt, dirty clothes on, hair plastered on head--not combed. Could go on and on. If you email any of the management, don't expect an answer, you won't get one. If I had to recommend this place, I would advise to look elsewhere if possible.

Had a bad experience

The facility itself is nice, it's beautiful in fact. I was there taking care of my grandpa and he was running a fever, just not feeling well at all. I rang for a nurse to come and a man named [removed] answered, he came into my grandfathers apartment and wouldn't even look at myself or my grandpa. He was so mad that he had to respond to a page in the middle of the night that he wouldn't answer any of our questions. He rudely told us that he wasn't going to answer us at this hour(as he looked at his watch and scuffed) I was as polite as could be and my heart just dropped when We were treated so poorly.

safe and taken care of

I know at The Gardens at Columbine that she is safe and taken care of. There is not the one on one here. It is better than where I had her though. They are weird with her laundry, they will take her clean clothes and mix them with her dirty ones. I do her laundry so that is a little frustrating. There could be more animals and more painting activities rather than bingo. No one can really play bingo there. Overall things are just fine.

Amazing facility. You will pay for it too!

overall decent experience

It was an overall decent experience. Mom did fall a couple of times while she was there, but I know that they cannot be expected to watch her 24/7. We have since had to move mom to another place, but during the time she was at The Gardens at Columbine it was a good overall experience.

immaculately clean

The first thing that really impressed us was that when we first walked into the place I had to use the restroom and was really impressed with how good the bathroom was kept. It was immaculately clean and nice, and the cleanliness factor has proven to be impressive all throughout the building. Everything about The Gardens at Columbine has been a great experience, but the cleanliness is what really sets them apart and has impressed me the most.

I Would Highly Recommend Them!

I love, love, love this place! I would highly recommend it! I am very impressed with everything I've seen! The staff is caring, kind, and thoughtful! The food is good. The place is immaculately clean! I all I can give them is 5 stars, I would give them 6!

Nice Environment and Good Food

We really liked this one. We liked the environment and it was in the area that we lived in in Littleton. We had a meal over there and they have very good food and a good atmosphere.

Lovely place. 17 min. from...

Lovely place. 17 min. from my house. Cyndy is awesome. Very helpful. We like this place very much. We are going to contact mom's neurologist on Monday and ask his opinion about assisted living versus memory care and what he thinks is best. The Gardens is a wonderful assisted living place. We can see mom living there. [removed] ask she progresses, can the facility progress with her? They are building a memory care locked facility in spring 2014. The cost will be approx $6500. We might be able to get mom in assisted living first and then move her to their memory care unit when it's time.

this was a nice place too, i liked th...

this was a nice place too, i liked the feel

Really nice, Love the dog!

Really nice, Love the dog!

General AL not really suited to demen...

General AL not really suited to dementia and doesn't have skilled nursing.

The Gardens at Columbine is a unique, locally owned and managed assisted living located in the southwest metropolitan area of Denver in Littleton, Colorado. The Gardens offers residents and families not only a beautiful community it offers exceptional experience in senior care directed by a long term, stable management team.

The Gardens at Columbine balance independence and privacy with clinical and medical service when needed. Unlike most assisted living communities, the Gardens has a licensed nursing staff on duty 24 hours a day. Staffing ratios in clinical and non-clinical areas of service exceeds the standard.

The two story community houses 100 spacious apartments. The Gardens provides studios and one bedroom apartments that have kitchenettes with a full size refrigerator and microwave. There are beautifully decorated common areas throughout the building and gracious perennial flower gardens on the grounds with walking paths and a lighted gazebo.

The Gardens at Columbine supports your independence. With us you will find a dedicated staff, an friendly community and innovative programs. You deserve nothing less.