Brookdale Island Lake - Longwood, FL

Brookdale Island Lake - Longwood, FL has yet not published prices.

Seemed like a very nice place with good services and a positive "feel" to it!

I visited the Brookdale on Monday. The 1 bedroom apartments have full kitchens, all have balconies, pets allowed. 2meals/day. Independant and assisted living available. grounds pretty and many activities each day to choose from.

Mom Loves This Community

My mother is enjoying her time here in this community. It is working out well for her, and her needs. I know she is safe, and in good hands. They have a pleasant staff. They do a good job with the cleanness around the community. There are plenty of activities offered for the residents, and the food is delicious. She is doing great since her move to this community, and I would highly recommend it.

Tour for care for mom

We toured this community for care. The staff were nice and were able to answer the questions on the care that is offer. The community was clean inside and out. The have a appealing menu of meals to be offered. The activiites would of been good for my mom. We recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

A little too big for us

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited. The people I met were nice and helpful. This was a larger community and it seemed like the residents had to wait in line for a table at meal time.

My tour

This community is older and the assisted living area of this community felt dark, dingy and dirty. The food was excellent the staff were nice and the independent living area was clean. We were looking for assisted living so this would not work for us.

Really like it

Dad likes living in the independent part of this community. They include two meals a day and the food is wonderful. The staff are helpful and accommodating. They answered a lot of my questions up front. They offer daily activities and transportation to stores, restaurants and other places in the area. He is able to get assistance for a small charge if he needs it. I would recommend doing your homework to see if this community would work for your loved one.

loved this place...so clean and friendly!

A nice home

I like living in this nice community. They provide meals each day or I can cook for myself. The staff is nice and caring and attentive. They offer a lot of activities for the residents who want to participate with the other residents. I recommend others to see this community for a place to call home.

This place was unbelievable from the minute we entered. They provided us with a complimentary lunch and every staff person was friendly and caring. Even the servers in the dining room made a positive impression and watched how they engaged with the seniors. I would recommend this community to others and especially my mom and dad

Not a good place for memory care

This is not the place to put your loved one for memory care who still has mobility! They cannot handle this type of resident. My 90 year old father has Alzheimer's, and was literally kicked out after showing aggressive behavior. To add insult to the situation, the Brookdale staff called 911 after he became agitated when they woke him up at 6am one morning. The staff hid in a broom closet until police arrived! What kind of senior care is that!

Very Happy

My mother will be moving in next week. We researched many different independent/assisted living facilities in the area. Island Lake was by far the most upbeat, friendly and active community. Also, importantly, Island Lake has the services so that my mother can transition into higher levels of care should that be needed. One of the points that I really liked is the Freshman Program, where new residents are provided with a person to "show them the ropes" - and this phase continues for three months. This is excellent so that mom can get to know the services, meet all the staff at different times and meet other residents.
The apartment is by far the largest and most comfortable apartment I had found in all my research. She has the one bedroom with a den, screened patio and full kitchen should she decide she wants to cook. We are looking forward to our move!
Every community has their own "personality" -- this is very evident at Island Lake. It truly is upbeat and friendly with an attitude of caring.

Very good across the board.

Great environment, great residents, crummy management

The grounds, fountains, dining hall, pool are great. Residents are great. But if you need care, it isnt so great. Personalized living provides aides for a half hour at a time. They are caring but not skillful. Assisted living is woefully understaffed so many residents have to hire aides to help them, in addition to paying for assisted living services. The Exec Director is not a leader and does not address problems with more than platitudes. Food was very good for several years but Brookdale is trying to squeeze out more money and the quality of food and the quality of care have declined since 2015. Corporate office is lame about addressing issues. Scamming seniors should be illegal. Because first and third floor are independent living, I guess there is no oversight of the quality. And security is non existent. Anyone can walk in the back or through resident's porches. This property used to be the best place in town. Without the Brookdale corporate greed and with a good leader, it could be great again.

Very inviting, I would recommend this place

My parents are very happy at the Brookdale Island Lake! Ultimately decided on this place because it felt more friendly the other places we visited. very inviting. It is very expensive, for the services provided. But it is a good feeling to know my parents are not alone the staff is there to help if needed as well as the community. I would recommend this facility I think it is perfect for my parents with a very cozy feeling. Very lovely inside the maintenance on-site is great.

So far so good!

Things are going great so far at Brookdale Island Lake, my loved ones really seem to enjoy it here. It is a nice looking, well kept, clean community, and the staff are all very friendly. We're completely satisfied!

Friendly, caring staff

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far Brookdale Island Lake has done an excellent job overall in terms of the care and services they provide. The facility itself is very pretty, and always well kept and clean. The staff are all very friendly and seem to take great care of the people who live here.

Review of Chambrel at Island Lake Assisted Living in Longwood, FL

Great! This is it!

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was very very impressed by what I saw here! It is a beautiful, clean, well kept community, and the staff were all very friendly. And the food was the absolute best out of the many communities we looked at! However, the only room that was available when we toured was just too far away from the dining and common areas, Mom would have spent too much time walking back and forth every day.

I took the tour and decided Chambrel ...

I took the tour and decided Chambrel was much better suited for my dad compared to 4 other communities I had visited.

first choice so far. very ...

first choice so far. very large facility, can stay if needs change down the road to more care needed

A Great Place for Mom

It was not my mother's choice to leave her home, but my brothers and I were getting concerned about her living alone. We convinced her to take a tour of several places within a 10 mile radius of her home. A Place for Mom was very helpful in these recommendations. My mother decided on Chambrel because she really liked the rooms, especially the separate kitchen and the balcony. The staff and residents were all very nice and helpful.
Mom has been a resident at Chambrel for about 6 weeks now, and she is enjoying the people, activities, and the ability to take the Chambrel van to shopping areas and other activities. She had to give up driving 6 mos. earlier, so continuing to live at her home without a car was very difficult for her.
My brothers and I have a greater peace of mind knowing she is living in a lovely place where she is being looked after. Before she moved to Chambrel, she had been losing a lot of weight because she wasn't eating properly. Now she eats a light breakfast in her room and two full meals at lunch and dinner. She says the food is very good, and she enjoys talking to her meal companions.
The medical personnel at Chambrel is in contact with Mom's doctor, so I know they are keeping on top of her medical needs. This is also a great comfort to her family.
I highly recommend Chambrel to anyone trying to make the difficult decision of how to take care of an aging loved one.

A Better Quality of Life for Mom

While my mother has only been at Chambrel a few days, she is feeling very welcome. She chose Chambrel because she really liked the one-bedroom apt. She was able to take the furniture from home that she wanted and has said several times that it feels less foreign with all her comfortable possessions around her. I had dinner with her one night, and we both enjoyed all the food. Our waitress was very cheerful and welcoming. Joyce Smith, a resident ambassador for Chambrel, has been so kind to my mother by eating with her and introducing her to other residents. My mother was also asked by another resident to accompany her on an outing where she helped local elementary students in their reading. It was not my mother's choice to give up living in her home, but my brothers and I knew her quality of life would be much better at Chambrel. After only a few days, I think she is also realizing this. Thank you, Chambrel. We are so grateful for your loving care.

Nice Place

It was very nice, my mother is not there any more, but she liked it. The food was good! The building was very nice. There were activities available, but I don't believe that she did any of the activities, but that was her choice.

Lots of Activities

It is a nice place. Comparative speaking, the pricing is good. My mom is in independent living, and I think that they over-advertise the availability of the nurse service. They say that there a nurse on call 24/7 for the independent residents, but they weren't always available. My mother has a lot of complaints about the food, but we ate there several times and I thought that the food was good. I think that it was a wise choice. They have physical activities, movies, bridge, and water aerobics. They do things outside of the center like going to dinner, shopping, and church services. There is always a full schedule of activities.

Mary Jo was a wonderful, do...

Mary Jo was a wonderful, down to earth tour guide. Mom seemed to feel comfortable about being able to continue an active social life at this place. More formally routinely organized activities

Chambrel is a lovely facili...

Chambrel is a lovely facility, however, we felt a smaller one would be better for my mother.

Nice place, good location. ...

Nice place, good location. Smoking area on porch might be a turn off.

Beautiful place, but we felt it was g...

Beautiful place, but we felt it was going to be out of our price range.

Brookdale Island Lake offers independent living and assisted living options in Longwood, Florida. Our picturesque community sits on 15 acres with beautiful gardens and courtyards. And we are conveniently nearby local restaurants and shopping centers.

Leisurely stroll along our walking paths, take a dip in our swimming pool or socialize with friends on our patio, at Brookdale Island Lake there is something for everyone to enjoy. We offer a variety of amenities and activities, including:

Bridge club
Wii sports
Dance club
Cooking demonstrations
Yoga

Our community has six different apartment floor plans for residents to choose from, ranging from approximately 300 square feet to 1,000 square feet. And residents are welcome to bring personal items to truly make the space feel like home.

At Brookdale Island Lake we consider ourselves a family, and treat each other in just that way. We get to know our residents on a personal level and go above and beyond to ensure they are happy, healthy and living each day to the fullest.