Brookdale Lake Mary - Lake Mary, FL

Brookdale Lake Mary - Lake Mary, FL has yet not published prices.

Experience matters

THis community is wonderful. The Executive Director has been with Brookdale for over 16 years. Most of the care staff , and food service staff have been at the community for over 5 years. Experience matters in senior living...

Very Happy at Brookedale Lake Mary

I feel very comfortable having my Mom live here! We have been very happy with her care.

Really Nice Community, Enjoyed My Tour

I toured this community for my mother, and her needs. This is a very nice community, and my tour of it went very well. The community looked very nice, and from what I saw they do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility. The staff I came across was kind, and helpful. They answered my questions, everything went well overall. It was not the community for us, but my tour was pleasant.

It not a good fit for her

I am sad to say my experience was not overall pleasant. We were in need of short term stay for about a month to give me some rest and placing her there did the exact opposite. I was up there just about every day checking on her and when either myself or her full-time care giver that I had to hire was there she would cry and beg us not to go she seemed afraid all the time.
I was very disappointed in the staff as far as them engaging the residents to participate in activities at least in the memory care section and I was very disturbed to be told that mom wouldn't be able to do anything unless someone accompanied her for safety reasons.
I had to constantly remind them of the list of things mom could and could not eat. they were putting salt on her food which because she was not active was making her ankles swell up and they weren't doing anything about that. When I had asked if I could bring in a stool so she could put her feet up I was denied again because of safety features. The staff overall was nice but needs better training in the memory care wing as to handle the residents.

Property was nice, but there was no one at the front desk to greet us and there was no answer on the phone when I called. We were going to leave when a resident and her daughter came out and the daughter flagged the maintenance manager. He gave us the tour, but could not answer any questions about cost and availability. He gave us a folder with very little information. Dad was not impressed.

It Would Have Been Nice to Personalize

The tour I had with the community went well, but we were told that we would be unable to personalize an apartment. We couldn't paint the walls - it had to be the corporate color, which we did not like.

The Tour Went Well

The tour I was given went well. It was a nice community. This was a large community and currently my parents are enjoying a smaller and homey environment, this would not have been a fit. The care cost was extra that was not affordable.

Brookdale is where mom needs to be.

I cannot say enough about the staff. The entire staff have been over the top. They are sharp, in tune with what is going on and answer our questions. The food is ok and they are accommodating her special diet. They offer a lot of activities and the community is clean. I would highly recommend this community.

My Input.

THE TOUR WAS INFORMATIVE,THE MANAGEMENT IS GREAT TO WORK WITH AND I AM VERY SATISFIED ON MY CHOICE TO HAVE MY FRIEND LIVE THERE.

Knowledgeable Tour Guide

The tour guide did a good job to let me see what they have to offer us. It went very well during the visit. The fellow seemed knowledgeable about the industry and the care. This was just not a good match for my wife's needs.

Perfect choice

My husband has nothing bad to say about the staff, the food or the activities he does at Brookdale.

Excellent facility for my husband

Brookdale of Lake Mary impressed me because it is more like home for my husband. The residents rooms around the outside of the main room where there is a living room setting and also a dining area. This makes for a better group setting for the residents.

There is 24 hour care for my husband and an RN on duty at all times. They were the first to say to me," Dementia patients act out at times. We are trained to deal with that."

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Staff goes over and above

The facility is clean and the staff goes over and above to take care of the residents. Everyone here is so nice, from the maintenance staff to the administrative staff. There are enough activities to keep the residents from getting bored and listless.

very happy

I've been very happy with Brookdale Lake Mary. I stay on top of everything. They know that I am going to be there. And they know that I am going to ask questions. They are always accommodating and helpful. I am pleased. It is always clean. The nurses are wonderful. The friendliness is excellent. Anything I need for them to do they are more than willing.

It was one of the nice ones.

I toured here when we were looking for options. I liked it, it was a nice place. There were a lot of nice places, though with friendly people. This just wasn't the one for my loved one, but I would have friends check it out if they were looking. It was one of the nice ones.

Loved cozy feel and people

Awesome Place!

After having several bad experiences visiting other assisted living facilities I was so happy I found this one! The staff was helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. It was clean and the rooms were big. I also really enjoyed getting to talk to a few of the people that live there. They were very nice and genuinely liked living there. Thanks Joe for all your help and kindness.

Fantastic

The people are fantastic. They always keep an eye on my mom. We love this facility. Everything has been going great. I'm not sure what types of activities they offer. Overall, this is an excellent place.

Very friendly and welcoming

The Brookdale Lake Mary is very friendly and very welcoming. It is a comfortable place for my parents. They have an excellent staff. This is a nice community. I would recommend the Brookdale Lake Mary.

Emeritus/Brookdale's Pros and Cons

Emeritus/Brookdale worked hard with us to make a change from one care facility to their facility financially feasible. They worked hard to find us a room that met all of our qualifications. Everyone has been friendly and accomodating. My parent says that the food is average; tastey some days and not so tastey others. I was disappointed that they didn't clean the carpets in the room before we moved in as they had promised they would. We were also told that a Welcome Wagon group would come by and sit with my parent during meals, but that has not happened either. Despite some of my complaints, we are basically happy with this facility

Not the prettiest but was the best!

I toured 5 other communities in the area. This one by far offered the best services for my mother.Its not the prettiest place but I got a warm caring feel when i toured. Joe spent a good amount of time with me even though I did not have an apointment. He seemed to know everything my mom needed and had an answer for all my questions. Rebecca also was grat so warm and friendly. So glad to say my Mom has found a new home.

They are very helpful from settling in to any concerns anyone has about the place. The staff helped my loved on feel right at home and is ecstatic about that. The facility is always clean and smell good place. I would give them a all five stars and no complaints.

They are doing a good job, and working with us.

They are doing a good job, and working with us. They are trying to respond to our loved one's needs as they get to know her. They have worked with us well. The food isn't terrible. They offer things to do, activities. It's a good facility.

Great facility

Staff is very friendly and helpful, and patient with our 95 year old loved one as she adjusts to the new environment and schedule. It is wonderful to have onsite health care professionals, beauty salon, and great dining options.

Review of Brookdale at Lake Mary

Very helpful staff. The biggest hurdle will be for my mom to adjust to her new environment. She is very independent and this is a new paradigm for her. She will get used to it. We are going to move her car over to Lake Mary soon and she will get some independence back at that time.

My mother is not easily impressed so ...

My mother is not easily impressed so I was wary about her opinion of this facility although I was impressed she is hard to please. long story short she loves it....the nurses the staff all have made her feel so at home. It is a quiet and peaceful facility. I would recommend it to anyone...............

Very nice place!

Overall they've done a wonderful job at Emeritus at Lake Mary, I'd give them high marks across the board! The facility itself is attractive, well kept and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. They take great care of their residents, and seem to have plenty going on for them to do!

Nice place!

So far everything seems to be going fine at Emeritus at Lake Mary, my loved one really seems to like it! He says the people are friendly, the food is good, and there is plenty to do. The facility itself is nice looking and clean, and the staff do a great job looking after everyone.

It was OK.

It was OK.

Emeritus of Lake Mary, another corporate home.

My Mom and Sister have resided at Emeritus of Lake Mary for over a year now and I have not seen much improvemnet at all in personnel, food served, and building maintenance. And this with a incease in monthly rent last Jan and again in Aug. The rot on building is wide spread. Drain pipes still hang loose. Personnel still do not do their job and update me on any changes in health or etc with Mom or sister. Strongly suggest anyone to look extensively before ever considering Emeritus for your loveones home. Even the new director doesn't do her job after such a grand talk about how she will make changes. Like another individual we all now, what changes. All just a facade.

Sam Pollock

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us isn’t meeting your expectations. We understand the importance of having a clean, safe environment for our residents, and are pleased to inform you that after a snafu with the original contractor, we have hired a new one that is currently fixing the maintenance issues you mentioned. Regarding the increases in rent you mentioned, the increase in January was in accordance with the annual cost of business increase, and the increase coming in August is related to the change in the cost of the Level of Care for your loved one. We are confused by your comments regarding a lack of communication as we have received no complaints regarding our personnel, lack of communication, food, etc. from any residents or their families. We are also pleased to announce that with the addition of our new Executive Director, we have added a new bistro with freshly baked cookies and bread, remodeled our dining room and Memory Care Neighborhood, as well as freshened up the common areas of the community, and have begun hosting monthly cook-outs for all staff, residents, and their families. We invite you to reach out to our community management team to address any further concerns you may have.

Nice staff!

My review is for the memory care. The staff is very nice. I think the laundry could stand to be done more often. There is an outside area for residents to enjoy. The area inside the memory care section is large with lots of room to walk around.

We're Happy

It feels very expensive, but in comparison to other communities, I suppose it’s fine. Sometimes – on the weekends and evenings – it’s hard to get through on the phone. It seems like there are very organized and structured activities.

Bad Experience

Don’t go to this community. Everything was bad. The only thing I can rate a two is the friendliness of the staff, but that was still a two. My loved one lived here, but it wasn’t a good experience.

David Virden

We're sorry your experience was not a good one. We work diligently to esnure every resident is cared for in an environment that is safe, clean, comfortable, and that provides numerous activities of interest. It would help us if you could be more specific about what is was that led to your poor experience. We hope you have talked to the community management to voice your concerns. If you haven't, we invite you to do so.

Not good

I was a little disappointed – I don’t think they were very communicative. The doctor was not very friendly or open. We had a meeting over the phone – we told them that we were going to take my aunt out, but they never told us we needed to give them written information, even though we told them in advance, so they’re now trying to charge us for time when she wasn’t there.

Pricey, but Good Care

I think that they are overpriced, but then again, they all are. If someone could show me where the money is going, I would feel better about the cost. However, compared to others, they were competitive. There are a few things that bother me, like the cleanliness, but my overall impression is a good one.

I have seen a marked improvement in my loved one since she's been there, both physically and emotionally, and I think that when you're in a situation like this, the level of care is what is most important. We liked the location as well, and Joe, the sales guy, was impressive. I really liked his personality, and he said to me that, with memory care patients, you have to "join their journey". This pitch really grabbed me because it's true.

Worth looking at!

The director took us through the facility and was very nice and knowledgeable. This facility is nice and one of the residents told my mother "you'll love it here". We might have chosen the facility if it had a unit on the lower level at the time when we were looking.

Didn't even go inside! Almo...

Didn't even go inside! Almost every room had rotten window frames and mold on the outside of building, don't know what is covered up by paint on the inside, but obviously needs lots of maintence and upkeep.

Happiness in the Making

When my wife suddenly took a turn for the worse with Alzheimers and we, GrannyNannys and myself, could no longer to care for her at home, I was completely lost as to what to do next. Fortunately I receive a call from Debbie Antolik representing "A Place for Mom" who gave me the information necessary re: different places to visit in our area.

From this information, I decided to check into Emeritus of Lake Mary first and met with Joe McBride, a very dedicated and committed employee of Ameritus. Joe showed me around, answered all my quetions, and informed me of the options I had. After my visit with Joe, there was no need to visit the other places suggested by A Place of Mom. This was to be my wife's new home! 24 hours later I called Joe and made the committment to place my wife in Emaritus. Arrangements were made for me to meet with the Director, Tammy, to consumate the transactions. She was more than cordual and made the transition for this new way of life for my wife as easy and simple as she possibly could.

Since entering Emeritus, my has wife been extremely happy, especially with the caring staff, So much so that the staff has also "fallen in love" with her. They say she has put a whole new "life" in the Unit.

As a result of everything going so well, and after 59 years of my wife and I being together, I decided to place myself in Ameritus of Lake Mary as well and signed a contract for an Assisted Living Suite. This way we will be able to continue our lives together, only with a new lifestyle.

Very nice, philosophy join ...

Very nice, philosophy join the journey, large great room full activities with bedrooms on either side, eating on outside patio, garden and outside walking are.

Emeritus is a very nice cle...

Emeritus is a very nice clean facility. Nikki was a very informative and helpful tour guide. All staff and residents I observed seemed to like her very much. Dining room was clean and food smelled good. Rooms are clean and good size. Property was well maintained. Prices seem reasonable.

Very Good Community

We chose Emeritus because it was located very conveniently for my family. They had a lot to offer especially for the price. They offered exactly what we needed and were looking for. It is a very nice and pretty community. They take very good care of the residents and the staff is very friendly. We are very pleased with Emeritus and would recommend them to anyone.

That is where I want to be; already g...

That is where I want to be; already gave my deposit! Yippee! It's mine!

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at a Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system