Brookdale Gainesville Southwest - Gainesville, FL

Brookdale Gainesville Southwest - Gainesville, FL has yet not published prices.

[Removed] did a great job giving helpful infomation and touring the facility. The place was very clean and well kept, more of a upscale hotel setting. The residents seemed very happy and contented. [Removed] interacted with various residents along the tour which was a plus showing personal interaction and interest. They have community meetings giving residents the opportunity to express likes and dislikes helping the staff to better serve them. I was very impressed with the facility.

What a difference!

I am so glad we found A Place For Mom and they lead us to Brookdale Gainesville Southwest. I wish we found them sooner! My mother looks so happy and healthy now. I like that Brookdale offers a quiet environment where residents can explore. They are really careful and all the doors are locked with keypad entry. My mother is very safe here and she can get up and move around to different places. There is plenty staff and they make sure to watch all the residents. I now have peace of mind.

Not Enough Supervision For Us

My loved one fell and it possibly was because there was not enough attention. We found that he needed more supervision and attention. It is a small place and cute. I like the community when I first toured it. He has dementia and I should have put him in a community that understood his condition. My advisor was great.

Attentive Staff!!

The staff were attentive with my father during his stay in this community. They made sure that his care needs were being met. I felt he was safe all of the time he lived there. They did good with meals for him they were healthy and he was receiving proper nutrition the whole time.

The Experience Is Good

It has been a good experience for my dad since he has been at this community and the care and supervision has been going well. I did have some issues with the cost at first but it will get resolved. Otherwise, my dad's room is kept clean, the bathroom is wiped down. The whole community is clean and maintained. My dad does like the meals a lot.

Not impressed

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I saw quite a few options in the area and I just was not impressed with what I saw at Brookdale Gainesville. The general presentation was not up to par with similarly priced places I saw. The carpets looked like they hadn't been cleaned in quite a while, and there was a noticeable odor.

mom is happy

My mother has only been at Brookdale Gainesville Southwest for a little over a month, but so far she is very happy. The people are very friendly, and all the staff has been very good to her, and they are always very pleasant to me when I come in there. So far we are very satisfied.

I think it's a very good facility.

I think it's a very good facility myself. My mother doesn't feel the same way, but she has Dementia. She complains everyday, She complains about them not having coffee or butter during breakfast. Everyday there is a new complaint. The communication with the staff has been good but I have a hard time knowing who to call about certain things. Overall, I think it's a very good facility. I would recommend this place.

Billing/care discrepencies

Our experience with Brookdale Gainesville has been mixed. It seems like a nice enough place, but the last bill I received was much higher than what was agreed upon, as they had increased her level of care to max without consulting or informing me. Also I do not believe the services they are providing her even match up with their highest tier of care, so I am not sure why they would be charging for that.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at [removed] to discuss them in greater detail.

Great place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Emeritus at Gainesville! Id' give them high marks across the board, they do so many things right! They've got a great variety of daily activities, the staff are all very friendly, and the food couldn't be better! They've got a salon on site, and gourmet chefs in the kitchen. I'd highly recommend this place!

Highly recommend Emeritus of Gainesville

Emeritus of Gainesville is a great place for my mother who is in the Alzheimer's Assisted care unit. The assistance and care she receives considering the challenges of this disease is outstanding! Emeritus was recently merged under Brookdale Sen ior Living Solutions based in Milwaukee, WI. Many changes have occurred or are ongoing. A fulltime RN is on duty during the daytime/early evening hours, and on call after hours for immediate assistance/emergencies. A licensed Gerontology MD is on staff and treats patients who desire her services right at the facility. Emeritus is now able to do lab work under her supervision, give meds (care provider staff are trained and able to provide medications, and a visiting podiatrist visit can be regularly scheduled, as can physical therapy sessions. The facility has an in house beauty salon also. Food is wonderful, a good variety of choices, all prepared in-house by trained chefs - gourmet caliber! Visitors can dine with the residents any time they want for a small price. There are no \\call ahead\\ requirements to visit, which means you can check on and observe the quality of care at any time unannounced. Many supervised activities take place daily - arts, crafts, lectur e series, visiting performers from schools, etc. Considering the ever-rising costs of such a facility, Emeritus pricing is VERY reasonable in today's market.

Emeritus at Gainesville

We are very pleased with Emeritus at Gainesville. The staff is so friendly, caring and willing to help. Mom says she feels like she's "being spoiled". She also is very involved with most of the multitude of activities offered. She enjoys the weekly outings. Overall, we know that she is safe and happy. We no longer worry about her.
We appreciate Susie for all of her guidance and caring as we made this decision. She was a great help and I would highly recommend her.

my review

I find the staff at Emeritus in Gainesville Florida to be top notch. I do have one problem though. I do feel that they are very much overpriced. I understand and appreciate that my grandmother is getting the very best of care but I think it could be done at a price to where it doesn't bankrupt a person savings so quickly

4 months of assisted living till we came back from France

Emeritus was a very clean, well kept up facility. The staff was efficient and friendly. The staff changed over during the 4 months my mom was there and that was a little disturbing. The head nurse and other staff changed.

My mom chose not to participate in a lot of activities but it seemed there was many available.

The Physical Rehab people there were great.

The food was ok mom said.

Mom felt safe there.

Better assisted living

The most important thing is that they are not a skilled nursing facility, so if the patient has diabetes or another condition, they really – I met with them up front and told them my loved one was diabetic – they said they could take care of it – but they aren’t licensed to check blood sugar and make decisions about medication. I moved my loved one.

Wonderfully friendly

For friendliness I want to give them a ten! The overall value should also be a ten! I could not be more pleased with professionalism and kindness of this community. They were all very, very good, very professional.

So far, so good!

Overall, everything seems to be going well here for my loved one. We had another relative that had lived in an Emeritus location previously, and that was a pleasant experience, so we decided to use them again. They seem to be doing well so far!

it was a lovely facility an...

it was a lovely facility and I think mom would be very happy there. Unfortunately, they did not have a room that she needs, and offered me the next size up, for a reduced rate for 3 months. If one is not available in 3 months, I would be responsible for the entire rent for the larger room. I am thinking about putting a deposit on the smaller, original room, but who knows when one will be available.

The rooms were nice and big...

The rooms were nice and big, The place look beautiful inside and out but the prices were very high. when the I was taken to the secured area it appear like they took out the patients and were working with just because I was there.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system