Juniper Village at Bucks County  - Bensalem, PA

truly a great spot to land in life.... and still have a life

Juniper Communities

Thank you for this great review and recommendation. We're glad you landed here with us!

Review of Juniper Village at Bucks County - Bensalem, PA

My mother was a resident. I was very pleased with the staff and the care she received staff is very professional and friendly and very responsive. They genuinely care about the residents. My mom went from independent living, to assisted, then to the dementia unit and finally hospice. I felt all levels of care met her needs. I was very happy she was there and felt she was in capable hands. It was nice to have confidence that she was safe and cared for. I would highly recommend this facility.

Juniper Communities

Hi, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. We're so glad that we were able to go above and beyond your expectations! Wishing you all the best.

Review of Juniper Village At Bucks County Bensalem, PA

My lunch and tour was excellent! Everyone was so welcoming and so pleasant. Kathleen Salmon was was the best! She made me feel so relaxed and made sure to introduce me to the staff and residents. I felt like I was part of a family, and Matt who greeted us in the dining room, seated us and made sure we were comfortable--he was just awesome. The visit overall was simply wonderful. I can't wait to visit at least one more time before I make my decision.

Juniper Communities

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at Bucks County! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

The first month at Juniper Village

The Marketing department was really amazing the first week Mom was there. Not only did they help her get acclimated, they also introduced her to many new friends who ate dinner with her and always helped her get from place to place. It's so comforting for us to know she'll be eating incredible food and is surrounded by a team of individuals from Marketing staff to food servers and maintenance personnel who really care about the quality of service they provide. They truly have a "gift" and are a blessing to us!

Juniper Communities

Barbara Smith, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at Bucks County! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help and look forward to many wonderful experiences to come!

The best of the best 7 years

I have been a resident of Juniper Village for over 4 years. It was the best move I ever made. The negative comments you may read were written by one person about a resident that did not adhere to the contract and her family got upset when management required the contract to be enforced. Don't believe everything you read, see for yourself. The new owners are spending a lot of money on upgrading this older facility. The increases in monthly fees are in line with other facilities in the area. The by-in fee is lower and monthly fees are lower than many of the other facilities in the area. This is the only facility that has balconies or porches on all apartments, most of them enclosed. This was a major consideration in my choice. There are many activities offered to the residents. When they are canceled, it is because the performer does not show up, or not enough residents sign up for the trip. It is not the fault of management. When you get here, ask to talk to [Removed]. Hope to see you soon.

Juniper Communities

John, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Excellent

Have lived here for almost 5 years and enjoy my sunny apartment, excellent meals, pool exercise, physical therapy (when needed) and chosen activities like movies and bingo. I am thankful daily that I am not still in my house alone. I have 4 sons who live at a distance and visit when they can. I have my car parked nearby and will choose to give it up when I feel it's necessary. I enjoy meals in the dining room with a different group each night.

Juniper Communities

Rita, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Juniper Village at Bucks County. We are happy that you are thankful you chose Juniper Village at Bucks County. We are thankful as well. Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

Living independently with continuing care all under one roof

I have lived happily at Wood River Village for 16 years. The staff is wonderful, food excellent and activities galore. I always feel safe and I am ensured that when I need extra care it is here for me.

Kathleen Salmon

Thanks Alice for the 5 star review! We are thrilled you are a resident with us at Wood River Village. We will strive to continue to meet your expectations.

Happy at Continuing Care Community

I have lived happily at WRV for 16 years. The staff is wonderful, food excellent and activities galore. I always feel safe and I am ensured that when I need extra care it is here for me.

Juniper Communities

Alice, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We will share your comments with the team and appreciate your recommendation. Take care!

DON'T BE FOOLED

Don't be fooled. They'll treat you like they care until you sign the contract and give them your hard earned money but after that you'll never get the time of day. Check with the State for all the complaints lodged against this facility and you'll know this organization is below board. It starts from the first person you meet in the Sales Department and continues to the top. Many of the neighboring facilities in Bucks County offer a more caring and honest environment. You'll be glad to choose an alternate facility.

Kathleen Salmon

We are sorry you had this experience. It contradicts our many accomplishes, 5 star rating on Medicare.gov and Best of Bucks, seven years in a row.

We welcome you to contact the Executive Director to receive attention.

Don't be fooled by their staff

The conditions are deplorable, they cancel activities and leave you with nothing. Look out for the major increases each year and the lack of variety. This place should be shut down.

Kathleen Salmon

This review contradicts our many accomplishments, five star rating on Medicare.gov and Best of Bucks for seven years in a row.

Any grievance can be addressed to the Executive Director and will receive attention.

Thank you.

HELL ON EARTH

This place is [removed]. They only care about power and money and not the residents. The care givers in the assisted living area are clueless and mistakes are made often. If you love your parents or yourself, continue the search. If you do choose to this rat hole, be sure to take a tape recorder with you for the initial interview as they "conveniently forget" to add specific items to the agreement and when asked about these items they don't stand by their word.

Kathleen Salmon

This review contradicts our accomplishments (5 Star rating on medicare.gov) and awards (7 years Best of Bucks) and it is anonymous.

Very nice place

Things have gone very well overall at Wood River Village! The staff, on all levels and in all capacities, has been very helpful and very accommodating. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and all of the residents seem well taken care of.

Kathleen Salmon

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We really appreciate hearing about your experiences at Wood River Village and are so happy your loved one is part of our family.

So lucky to have found Wood River

I am so glad we found Wood River for my 92 yr old mother.
The apts are so nice with a little enclosed patio & the people who work there are the best. My mother is a very hard person to please & she's also a very stubborn & did not want to live in a retirement home but we knew she couldn't be alone anymore since she didn't want to live with us. The staff is amazing. They take care of anything she needs & look after her. It's very clean & they have so many things for them to do, they have a little grocery store for things they need & altho she gets just dinner they have a little cafe for other meals at a reasonable price. Just the other day my hard to please mother said she doesn't feel afraid in there & it's a nice apt.. I was shocked. She rarely says anything is any good unless she's impressed which is very rare. Pam & Deb are the best. We bought the life time care package so we don't have to worry if she needs extra help later on. It's so nice to know we don't have to worry & move her to other places if she needs full time care. You will be impressed. I checked out so many places & this one was far above the rest. We didn't want her in a huge place where she's just another tenant, this place is more homey & they know every one there. Love the grounds too. I give it 5 stars.

Hi Sharon!

What a glowing review, many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences here at WRV.

So happy your Mom feels safe in her new home. We will pass on to all staff here at Wood River Village your kind words.

Review of Wood River Village

Everybody there is so helpful and the residents helped Mom get accustomed with them and dining with them. Just about anything you need you can call the front desk. the place is very neat and clean and the food is good. it was easy for her to get transportation to and from her doctors appointments. This seems like a comfortable and safe place to live.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We appreciate the recognition of our wonderful food and transportation departments. We are delighted Mom is happy!

Amazing looking independent living, assisted living is a dump

We looked at this place when we were searching for independent living. There is a large buy-in fee when you move in that will allow you to move on to the assisted living portion when necessary, but assisted living portion looked very bad. The independent living portion looked beautiful, but the assisted living is NOT somewhere I would want my loved ones to live.

Kathleen Salmon

Thank you for taking the time to review WRV.

This rating contradicts are many accomplishments and awards, seven years Best of Bucks and and our 5 star rating at Medicare.gov.

Mom Loves It!!

It is an older facility, but my mom loves it there. She is in independent living. She gets one meal a day included in the rent, and everything else is a la carte. They do have services available, which is nice in case she ever needs it. They do lots of trips. She is going to dinner and a play next month, and they do shopping trips each week. They have movies every night and bingo. The whole experience has been wonderful. She is ecstatic!! The food is delicious!

Kathleen Salmon

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences at WRV online. We love the 5 star rating, it means a lot to all the staff here and I will be sure to pass it along.

My Mom and I toured Woodriv...

My Mom and I toured Woodriver Village and found Pam to be a great person with lots of knowledge. The swimming pool and work out facilities were not nearly as nice as Pennswood Village, the community that my Mom has picked. However the balconies at Woodriver were much nicer with their jalousie windows. The food was not as good as at Twining Village and Pennswood. There are more grounds to use at Pennswood, ie trails to walk, trees to see.

Kathleen Salmon

We so appreciate you taking the time to review us and we hope your mother is very happy at Pennswood, they are a fine community.

looks promising currently Mom's firs...

looks promising currently Mom's first choice

Kathleen Salmon

Thanks for the five star rating! We apologize for the late response and hope Mom is currently residing with us!

Juniper Village at Bucks County is an Independent LifeCare Continuing Care Retirement Community spread out over 20 beautiful acres in Bensalem, PA. Conveniently located outside of Philadelphia, PA and serving the residents of Bucks County and surrounding areas for over 30 years, Wood River Village feels like home from the moment you walk through the doors.

Juniper Village at Bucks County believes in Aging in Place, which provides independent residents services in the comforts of their own apartment.

As our residents start to need a little assistance with dressing, bathing and medication management, our friendly staff will come to them and help them with these services…For NO extra cost. Call today to have lunch with a Bucks County resident to find out more about our lifeplan community - Your Life, Your Plan, Your Community!