Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota - Sarasota, FL

Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota - Sarasota, FL has yet not published prices.

Was a little put off by congregation of residents that appeared unsupervised.
Probably won't be placing mom here. [name removed] was great though.

Just not quit the right fit

The staff gave a wonderful tour of the community. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. We just felt that the memory unit did not have enough interaction with the other residents and it was not going to be beneficial for my mother-in-law.

Thing are going pretty well

My mom has started to take part in some of the activities that Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota has for their residents and I like that the staff is accommodating and seem to care for the residents as well as understand they do need extra care. They make sure that her meals are fixed well and she likes being in the dining area. They keep me well informed and she does see the on staff doctor and nurses there. I do get a little frustrated with the laundry service and getting the right clothes back for my mom other than that things have gone fairly smoothly.

Not The Right For Us, But A Pleasant Community

I had a nice tour of this facility. Everyone was kind to my husband, and I. The community looked nice, and everything appeared to be well maintained. The staff was kind, and my questions were answered. I did find another that met our needs better, but we had a good tour of this community.

Not A Good Location for Us

My tour of this community was fine. The staff I met was kind, and friendly. There were many factors that played into where to move my mother to for her needs. The location of this community was not convenient for us too travel.

We love it!

Everything has been going great so far. Mom has gotten into some of the activities which we like. I like that they have such a supportive community. We also like that it is small enough for mom to feel like she is at home.

This was a good move for us

This community has a nurse and doctor on call twenty four hours a day. The staff are pretty good. They have a good attitude and there is quite a number of caregivers. They take good care of mom. The food is good and they offer daily activities. This is a clean well taken care of community.

A Place for Mom is a Friend Indeed

Our crisis happened on a Tuesday when I found that a friend, with dementia, was being neglected by his carers. I e-mailed his only relaive, a daughter who, although English, is now living in Qatar. She had planned to be here in July to look at different facilities in the Sarasota area. But now there was an urgency. I googled "nursing homes with memory units" and within minutes heard from Mirian Bosch, representing A Place for Mom,with whom I discussed the problem. She got on it right away and e-mailed both Rebecca, the daughter, and me with information on several possibilities in this area. Included was the location, cost and photos of each. Rebecca decided on Clare Bridge, because it was closest and she corresponded by e-mail with Hope Owens from Clare Bridge who was extremely helpful. By Friday, Dennis was admitted and is doing quite well. Although he has only been there for 2 weeks, I find the staff unusually attentive. They know every resident by name. Food is good, Rooms are especially attractive. The staff discourages residents from staying in their rooms and are constantly entertaining them with people from the outside as well as staff members (two days ago their cook was giving a lesson in how to make mozzarella after which he served it to each one as a salad. the group loved it.

I give thanks to Miriam Bosch of A Place for Mom for putting us on the right track. At a time when feelings are in turmoil and anxiety is at its highest, it's good to have a friend like that to see you through.

Truly Caring Community

My mother suffers from a dementia that leaves her very confused about everything, and Clare Bridge of Sarasota has been a very good fit. Staff there work hard to involve the residents in many different activities throughout the day, and they are truly competent, caring, diligent and friendly. The community has a nice "homey" feel, the menus are diverse, and the food is excellent.

My mother's former facility was content to leave her sitting in a wheelchair in the hallway the majority of the time. Clare Bridge staff members are actually working with her to get her out of the wheelchair, because she is able to walk with assistance.

Mom is Doing Well

The only issues we have is that the accounting services are screwed up, but now it's fixed. My mom is there, and she is doing well. Everything else is good.

Lots of 'alarms' going off ...

Lots of 'alarms' going off in our first 30 minutes at Clare Bridge. One was a specific lady that kept leaning too far forward in her wheelchair. The outdoor garden area was small and walled on all sides. Not even one side open with security railing to be able to look out into the woods. The ceiling fans in the garden area were covered in cobwebs. Also didn't like the driving distance. This place was the farthest away from all of the siblings.

At Brookdale Deer Creek Sarasota we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That’s why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs at Clare Bridge of Jacksonville are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.