Brookdale Palmer Ranch - Sarasota, FL

Brookdale Palmer Ranch - Sarasota, FL has yet not published prices.

STILL waiting for refund!

My mother was sent there after hospitalization for wound care, and she had dementia. The staff in the skilled nursing area is hit or miss. [Name removed] and [name removed] are WONDERFUL. Some of the other staff, not so much. I realize it is the dementia unit, but my moms eyeglasses came up missing and nobody seemed to care. She supposedly had wound care twice daily, but when rushed to the hospital for a different matter, her wound area was GREEN. My biggest complaint, however, is with their corporate practices regarding refunds. Mom was checked out of Brookdale on [date removed], and today is [date removed], and I am STILL waiting for a refund. First I was told it would be the first of the month. Understandable. When I had not received the refund by the 10th, I drove across state to meet with business office in person. Was told check would go out on Thursday the 13th. When I had not received it by the 17th, I called again, asking for a supervisor. 2 days later I got a call telling me refund would be issued by corporate on [date removed]..I am still waiting. Trust me, if mom had been 45 days late on her 'rent' they would have evicted her a long time ago! So why am I still waiting for a refund 45 days after check-out? I explained the money was needed for funeral expenses, but they don't care. Shoddy business practices, to say the least.

Stay away

Stay away - put [Removed] charges on bills to Medicare. [The] manager is never there - please choose an alternative if you love your parents!

Options of care

I toured this community for the care from my mom. We liked the staff who were able to answer the question we had on the care and menu. The community seemed to be clean and they offered activities. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Not a good experience!

We did not like this community very much. They were not fit to take care of my mom the way that we thought that she should be taken care of. We had a few problems here and it was not a good experience.

I wish to take this opportunity to thank all the staff: for making my wife, Helen's, 80th birthday so successful. Your kindness shown to her was deeply appreciated. I also think you do a great job everyday.

creative and thoughtful

I just love the happy hour that they have daily. They are so thoughtful and creative. I truly enjoy dealing with them.

Grateful

I continue to be grateful for the care that the staff give mom. She is doing quite well, as demonstrated by our nearly daily phone calls. Mom is clearly in a great place.

New and Improved

This is now a Brookdale community. They have all new leadership and it shows! The people were friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms were recently remodeled and they have the cutest memory care unit. I think my mother-in-law is going to love it here. One of the best things about this community is that they have continuing care, so mom will never have to go to another facility as she ages. I really enjoyed my experience.

Lots of Staff

I don't go in every day, but from what I have seen, I am very pleased. When I have gone in they have them involved in some sort of activity, and they try to engage as many people as they can on the level that the people can engage. It seems like there is a lot of staff per patient. They don't really let them go to their rooms during the day that much, so they are all out in the common area. They have a lot of people involved taking care of them and doing the activities. They are very informative. She fell a couple times, and tested her for UTI right away to see if something would be causing the falls.

It was good, I was satisfied

It was good, I was satisfied

Brookdale Palmer Ranch provides comprehensive senior care services in stunning Sarasota, Florida. Sarasota draws people all over the world with its gorgeous Gulf beaches, rich history, cultural opportunities and world-class shopping. Our community takes advantage of all Sarasota has to offer with regular trips to boutiques, beaches, restaurants and other community events.

Brookdale Palmer Ranch is able to meet a wide range of senior needs including memory care, assisted living, skilled nursing services and continuing care all on one campus. Residents at Brookdale Palmer Ranch receive holistic care through our Optimum Life initiative. We believe there six aspects to wellness which are purposeful, emotional, physical, intellectual, social and spiritual. Our programs and care methods strive to meet these six aspects, enabling residents to live and age well.

Services at Brookdale Palmer Ranch are dependent on the care level of residents but all share community amenities which include:

Outdoor gardening areas and walking paths
An onsite library with computers
Full-service salon
Fitness, cultural, social, educational and recreational programs
Entertainment
Pet-friendly community
Housekeeping and laundry services
An emergency call system and vigilant campus security to keep residents safe
High quality care from a well-trained and dedicated staff