Aravilla Assisted Living & Memory Care - Sarasota, FL

• Medical Director on Staff
  • Memory Care Services
  • Certified Dementia Practioner
  • Secure Memory Unit
  • Assistance with all aspects of daily living
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Long Term Care
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Toileting & Incontinence Care
  • Gluten Free
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Resident Activites
  • Library
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Laundry services
  • 24-Hour Security

Opening for mom

We toured this community and like the staff who were caring. The menu looked very good. They offer a lot of activities. We would of like this clean community, but there were not opening at the time of the tour. I would of like seeing her with the great staff that seems to really care about the needs of the residents. Families should consider a tour of this community for a loved one.

My Thought Of The Tour

We liked this community when we visited, unfortunately they did not have an opening available when we were ready to move mom. The staff seem to have a good attitude and the community was well maintained. The food was good and they offered daily activities.

Carrie Tatro

Thank you so much for the review. We are happy to hear that you had a great experience during your tour of our community. Please contact us anytime if you would like to be added to our waiting list.

Autumn is the best! My mom has been a resident for over a year. The facility is clean, the staff is great and the activities program is fantastic.

Carrie Tatro

Thank you so much! We love having your mom as part of the Autumn family.

The staff they did have was nice!!

Autumn of Sarasota is a clean community. My parents did not complain about the food so it must have been ok. I do not think they have enough staff. We did hire aids to assist in their room. They use electric keys for the rooms and we had trouble using them sometimes. There is no name of a person of contact to find out information about your loved one.

Great Place

We went to Autumn of Sarasota to tour this First Class facility. Jill, the Facilitator at Autunm, did get a wonderful job explaining and subsequently moving our mother moved to the facility.

Carol Copenhaver

Jill is great and we're glad you chose Autumn!

Autumn of Sarasota

The place is beautiful. My mom has really settled in well. She has made friends and even calls it her home now.

Robert Ross

Thanks so much for your very kind review. We hare so happy that your mother thinks of Autumn as her home.

Expensive

Very clean new place. But very expensive for the average person. I ran to another community we could afford for my mom.

Carol Copenhaver

We are sorry to hear that you found our community a little expensive. Through the end of 2015 we are running a promotion. Your Mom may stay with us for an all-inclusive price of $5,095.

disappointed

Moving my dad out this month. He was stuck upstairs and my mom has to come in to do showers.

Carol Copenhaver

We're sorry your experience was so difficult. We made every effort to care for your father and are sad that it did not work out for you.

Loving family

To the wonderful staff of Autumn of Sarasota thank you for all you do for our father. You have improved his life greatly and given us peace of mind.

Carol Copenhaver

Thanks you so much for your kind words!

Loving husband

Acknowledging that my wife should move to Autumn of Sarasota to get the care she needs was extremely difficult for me because we have had 56 wonderful years together. Although our children and I believe it was the right decision, I admit to having many prior reservations. The caring, compassionate, highly trained staff of Autumn have rapidly put any reservations we may have had to rest. My wife is happy participating in the many diverse activities and receiving all the wonderful are from the care partners and nurses. Our thanks to all at Autumn for doing what you do so well.

Carol Copenhaver

Thank you so much for you wonderful review. We're so proud that we have been able to take care of your mother and ease this difficult transition.

Best Care

I toured and moved my mother to Autumn about 4 months ago. I toured multiple facilities in the Sarasota/Bradenton area in search of the "best fit" for my mother who has dementia. From the initial tour with the move in specialist and Executive Director I knew this was the community which would fill all my mother's needs. I like that the fact that the community is privately owned and the owners live right here in Sarasota. I see the owners on a daily basis in the facility interacting with the staff and residents, you do not see this from "large" corporations. The Executive Director has 40 years of experience in the management of assisted living communities, which helped to put my mind at ease regarding experienced, dedicated staff who would be caring for my mother. The Executive Director is readily available giving her direct cell phone number to all families and encouraging them to call her directly at any time with concerns or needs of the resident. The nursing staff and care partners are loving, compassionate and highly trained employees, who meet the needs of my mother on a daily basis. Any concerns I may have are taken care of immediately. I am so thankful for this community and the care, love and happiness they bring to my mother.

Carol Copenhaver

Thank you so much for allowing us to care for your mother. We are very proud of our Executive Director and her dedication to care.

A Great Place

I recently had to place my father in a Memory Care facility, it was an extremely difficult decision for a daughter to make. When I toured Autumn I knew I had fund the right place for dad. From the initial tour with Jill and the Executive Director Carol I felt the love and compassion this community is all about. My father has been there about 3 months and is very happy with his care, the activities and the response from the management if he has a concern or a special need. I highly recommend this facility to anyone who has a loved one who needs this type of community.

Carol Copenhaver

Thank you for your great recommendation. We try our best to take care of residents and family members, because dementia affects the entire family, not just our resident.

The best in Sarasota

I moved my father here after visiting one other community. He has now been living here for a couple months. I love it and so does Dad. He gets to go out to the theatre, lunches to great restaurants, golfing, fishing, etc, and Autumn pays for all of it. Where he was at before billed us for lunches and cultural events. He has incontinence issues and I have never found him wet when I come in. He is the happiest I have seen him in a very long time. Very clean, great staff who are responsive, nurses 24 hours a day. And the Director of the community is available and answers her phone every time I need to talk to some one about how I am feeling with my Dad having dementia. A very knowledgeable and supportive community. While looking for a community, look beyond aesthetics and be sure you find someone who can really give great care. I found Autumn to be the best for my Dad. Thank you very much Autumn.

Carol Copenhaver

We're glad you are enjoying all our new changes here at Autumn.

They have some issues to work on

We used this community briefly for respite care, and while there were a lot of positive aspects I don't think it is somewhere we would use again. It is a very new community, and they are working through some growing pains. They're working hard on improving, the for the most part the staff members all seemed very dedicated and qualified. The facility itself is beautiful, and they keep it clean and well kept. My main issues were with the food service. The menu did not always reflect what was served, and I saw some questionable food handling practices. And while most of the staff were dedicated and professional there were a few who were obviously not qualified to be there.

Carol Copenhaver

Thanks. Comments help us much. And yes, sometimes issues do arise and solutions are found. There has been quite a few changes in our community. We now have a new Executive Director with over 40 years of Nursing and ALF management experience. We also have 24/7 on-site licensed nursing. We also now have a new certified dietary manager and dietician. And we can't forget our Activities Director and her fabulous team! We'd love for you to meet our new management and see for yourself what great changes we've made.

Review for Autumn in Sarasota, FL

It is awesome! By far the best that I have seen!

Carol Copenhaver

Our residents , families and staff make this all happen.

Review of Autumn of Sarsota Memory Care in Sarasota, FL

My brother and I moved my 93 year old mother to this brand new facility after touring several other memory dedicated communities. We were very impressed by the obvious dedication of experienced management to reinvigorate the lives of its residents. Since moving to Autumn, my mother's health and attitude have improved markedly. All three of us realize how fortunate we were to find Autumn.

Carol Copenhaver

All of our residents are our number one priority in our Community.

Autumn of Sarasota Assisted Living Memory Care was made to be special. Our community is your home. We’re here to make sure you have the care and support you need to live life to the fullest! It’s all a part of The Autumn Way™:

A Wonderful Way To Live™.
Autumn of Sarasota is a beautiful community where personal choices and independence are a priority. Everywhere you look, folks enjoy life together. The atmosphere is lively and bright. Opportunities to socialize take place every day. Private rooms are spacious and comfortable. Traditional dishes, healthy Mediterranean-style meals and gluten-free options are available daily. It’s your choice and our pleasure.

A Wonderful Way To Provide Compassionate Care.
Memory Care is what we do. We offer customized levels of care based on each resident’s needs. Our highly qualified team understands the challenges of memory loss for residents and families. In-house nurses are available 24/7. We are always here for you… to help your loved one and your family have peace of mind.

A Wonderful Way To Be Active!
We have activities and amenities galore to help our residents thrive. Our beautiful, state-of-the-art campus provides safe spaces to gather, explore and enjoy. Residents enjoy 24-hour access to courtyards and walking paths. Group exercise classes get residents moving and exercising together. Physical and speech therapists are on-site to use at your leisure.

A Wonderful Way To Have FUN!
There’s always something FUN going on at Autumn of Sarasota! Residents gather with friends for movie and game nights. Live music keeps toes tapping, hands clapping and voices singing. Special activity classes are in session to learn new hobbies or pick up old favorites. Fun isn’t just limited to on-campus activities. Our residents participate in a range of special outings around town, from lunches and shopping trips to ball games, movies, the theatre and more! Families are always invited to participate!

A Wonderful Way To Be Safe.
Safety and independence go hand-in-hand. We designed our community in cooperation with the USF Health Byrd Alzheimer’s Institute – a leader in dementia research and care. We’ve included “smart” features throughout to help residents live comfortably, casually and carefree. Personalized keyless entry fobs ensure easy room access. Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) bar code technology records and monitors medication and dosage. Emergency assistance is just a button-push away. Personal support is everywhere.

Come see us today and discover The Autumn Way™ for yourself!