Brookdale Colonial Park - Sarasota, FL

Brookdale Colonial Park - Sarasota, FL has yet not published prices.

Mom Doing Well In This Community

Everything is working out well for my mother with her move to this community. She is doing well, and I'am comfortable with her move here. She is safe, and in good hands. The experience is going well, and I'am satisfied with her move to this community.

This is a nice community for my father's care. We liked that the staff was helpful and able to answer the questions on the care that is offered for the residents.The community was clean and we liked the variety of activities and the choices on the menu. We would suggest that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

We really like it!

The staff here is working real well with me and my husband. The community is very clean and we like it here. The food is good and we like to go to the dining hall to mingle with the other residents. I also love our apartment it is big and has lots of natural light.

I Would Recommend The Community

Everything is great for my parents. They are acclimating just well. The community is finishing up with remodeling. It looks nice and it is more updated. I hear good things about meals and activities from what my parents tell me. I am satisfied with what they community provides.

Great decidion

Though it is a change of life for both my parents and me, I soon learned that it was a change for the good. It is a relief for me to know that they are near by and being care for. And it is a relief for them knowing that professional help is available 24 hours a day and it is less of a burden on their loved ones.

Other options.

I was not happy with this community. They did not give personal care to her needs. The food seemed to be average. The community was clean. This was not what were would looking for. The staff did not seem too attentive. We would suggest that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Tender Loving Care!!

We are happy with our decision to choose the Brookdale Colonial Park. The staff are good and keep us informed as well as answer any of our questions. The place is always clean and well maintained during our visits. The meals seem to be good but the only complaint with them is the portions. My loved one sometimes feels the portions are small.

Nice Community But Not The One For Us

My tour of this community was a nice one. The community looked well maintained, and clean. It was a good experience, and they treated us very well. It just wasn't the place for my brother and his needs.

Wonderful option!

Everything has gone great so far with Brookdale Colonial Park. The administrator made the transition go very smoothly. The building is older but the overall community is well kept. The staff are friendly and have been pleasant to work with. The community offers a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy.

Meeting needs...

Colonial Park was a wonderful choice for my brother, it allows him the freedom to come and go and yet he gets what he needs daily from this wonderful staff.

I could have easily given this review a full FIVE stars but I don't think any place or facility is perfect, always room for improvement.

Thanking this wonderful administration & staff for their caring attitude and for a great first month of service. I am resting easier knowing that my brother is well taken care of at Colonial Park.

Not impressed

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Overall I was not too impressed by this community. The staff all seemed friendly, but the facility itself had issues with cleanliness. It was also very expensive for the level of service they appeared to provide.

So far, very happy

My husband and I visited my 83- and 84-year-old parents in Florida right before Christmas and immediately realized my mom's dementia and dad's physical health required assisted living.

We toured 6 different assisted living communities on Dec. 23 but couldn't convince my mom until Christmas morning. Once she agreed, the staff bent over backwards to accommodate the last-minute move and my parents were sleeping in their new Colonial Park apartment by Dec. 26.

It's been a huge adjustment for them, but the staff has given them a lot of individual attention to make the transition smoother.

What we like about Colonial Park:
*It's all on one floor--no elevators or worries about my mom forgetting which floor she needed to get to.
*They have fixed meal times but the food is amazingly good, the dining room is lovely, and the wait staff attentive and polite.
*They have a gorgeous grand piano in the large living area so if one of your parents plays piano, it's a great instrument to have available.
*They have a large family-room-like activity room with Wii games, a beverage bar, and plenty of room for both small and large groups. The Activities Director's office is right there in the room.
*About half of the apartments, including my parents', open onto a very large, enclosed outdoor green space with a gazebo, tables and chairs, and even a grill.
*They have regular, reliable van transportation for residents, which my parents use 4 or 5 times a week.
*My dad receives physical therapy daily in their on-site gym room and is already getting stronger.
*There were other bridge players in the community, which was very important to my parents.
*It's a lovely community, full of the type of colonial furnishings my parents have loved for years.
*It smelled good!
*It has a secure memory care facility if it's needed in the future.
*it's on a major thoroughfare, so it's close to shopping and easy to find, but set far enough back from the road to be quiet and peaceful.

A few downsides:
*Most of the residents seem quite a bit older than my parents.
*There's no transportation to church on Sunday morning and my parents are missing that tremendously.
*We would have appreciated a guidebook of some kind listing rules for the laundry, signing up for transportation, listing the important staff members' names and contact information, who to call when for what problems, the general community calendar, etc. They probably have something like this for the residents, but because of my parents' memory issues, they don't remember getting one. I could have helped more with the transition, even from out-of-state, if I'd had a copy of this information as well.

Overall, we are very happy with the facility, the administrative staff, the dining room, activities and the patient care staff. My parents have only been there about 6 weeks, so I will update this review as they settle in more fully.

It is a second home.

It is a second home. People are friendly. The food is good, not great. The laundry service is excellent. There is enough parking. It’s a wonderful place. I would go here if I needed to find support when I am aged.

Emeritus, the place to go and enjoy your retirement.

Julie Schechter and Bethany at Emeritus at Colonial Park on Bee Ridge road in Sarasota were such a great help in making the selection for where my father will live. There are many choices in or near Sarasota, but Emeritus was not a difficult decision. They are very people-focused and strive to give the utmost in care and respect to their residents.
It is very clean and well-staffed, along with offering a variety of activities.

Had a nice visit. Out of p...

Had a nice visit. Out of price range for us

We made the right choice.

Peace of mind that Mom is in a safe place. Unfortunately her mind is getting worse and every day all she wants to do is "go home". I just wish she were bette able to enjoy what Colonial has to offer on the Assisted Living side.

Wonderful meals, nice dining facilities. Colonial doesn't feel like a medical facility, it feels like an elegant hotel for people over 55. Very large apartments. Friends that come to visit are amazed at how big they are.

I've observed a number of staff changes recently although since I'm not familiar with the industry that may be a normal occurrence.

Needs a Face Lift

It feels different, has that sort of homey feel, and they do have a locked ward. They are known for their dementia care. It is usually full, and they have two different levels. I think if you had a serious person with Alzheimer's, it is definitely someplace that I would check out big time. They have a different director, and the place is really just OK. There is nothing that stands out as phenomenal, and the place is starting to look run down. The canopy on the patio is shredded. The seats were ripped, and they finally just took the cushions off. The place needs to be pressure washed. No one is taking really good care of the building, they are not putting the money into aesthetically fixing the place up. The quality of the room is fine, and the food is fine, but they used to have more family dinners and happy hours than they do now.

It was the nicest one for the price.

It took them a while to get up to speed, their follow through was weak. My brother in law thought it was the nicest on for the price. Maintenance could be improved.

Very aggressive sales pitch...

Very aggressive sales pitch. Julie very eager to have me visit them. Price for Memory Care starts at $3125.

Phenomenal

It was phenomenal, staff was great, they were very helpful throughout the whole process. Unfortunately, it didn't suit my mother, but I don't know if any place would be perfect for her. Overall, I don't have anything bad to say about Emeritus.

Great so far....

Moved Mom in last weekend. They were very flexible in working with our needs for making the move happen. Everyone has gone above and beyond and I feel like we made the right choice for mom. The apartment was spotless and ready for us to move in. They checked on her with more frequency the first three days just to make sure she was doing okay. That was reassuring for us since Moms mind isn't what it used to be. We have yet to meet any staff member that doesn't seem to care. Everyone including the other residents have really made her feel welcomed.

Great location. Also like t...

Great location. Also like the three pricing levels, not found anywhere else. Rooms are large enough to accommodate Moms 'heavy' bedroom furniture. I like the evaluation program they use.

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment every day. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. They will tell you they appreciate all the options while living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.

Amenities and Services
• Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
• Medication management
• Dining assistance and special diets
• Assistance with reminders and redirection
• Escorts and assistance with walking
• Emergency response call system