InspiredLiving at Sarasota - Sarasota, FL

• Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Secure Memory Unit
  • Arts and Crafts Programs
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs

Don't do it.

I ended up moving my loved one out of Inspried Living at Sarasota due to constant staff turnover, terrible activities and facility set-up, and lack of protocols and procedures. For example, during the 2017 hurricane that was due to hit Sarasota, Inspried Living chose to not evacuate their residents even though they are right off the water. I witnessed staff screaming at residents. I saw residents sreaming at residents with no staff intercession. They spend all their time in one echoy room with no good way to 'get away.' During our time there there was 200% staff turn over in every position, excpet for the maintenance guy. He's nice. My loved one was very happy to be moved.

Comfort and Care

I like the care from this community. The staff is caring and friendly. We like the home feeling environment from the care that is received here. The menu has a lot of choices and the activities are helpful. We would recommend the good care and value for other families.

A great community

This is a very well run community. They offer a lot of daily activities and trips out. They have a great director and the staff are loving. Mom felt comfortable with dad living here. The food was ok and this community was recommended by friends. I would recommend this community.

disappointed

I had a parent in the facility for 2 years. The inconsistent staffing was a real problem. Staff does not stay very long. Management on property is less than adequate. Activities director and kitchen seem to be the only saving grace about this place. Don't be fooled by the new building and pretty grounds. There are much better facilities close by.

Positive Experience

I do feel this is the best community for my husband, and his needs. It has really been a positive experience for us in this community. My husband is doing well, and I'am pleased with all they have done for us. The nurses at this facility are fantastic. They are very kind, and attentive towards my husband, and his needs. The community is nice, and clean when I come to visit. I've tasted some of the food, and the meals are good. They offer plenty of activities for the residents. He is safe, and in good hands in this community, and I would highly recommend it.

Care and Patience

This is the great community with wonderful staff. The community is nice and clean. I like that he is happy with the menu and the variety. He is happy .with the activities and he is participating.I am happy with this community for the care and the value and highly recommend others to see this community for the care for a loved one.

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED

Worst experience of our lives. My mom was there for one night and to date they are keeping $6,000 of her money. Even though the contract clearly states you have 15 days to CHANGE YOUR MIND as it is titled.
I have made several calls to regional director who has not returned my calls about the money they are keeping.
My mother worked hard her whole life for her money so to see them keep a 90 year old woman's money is beyond my capacity to understand since they are supposed to be helpful to seniors not make life harder then it already is for them.
I explained to them my mother has a great memory, even said, her memory is better then mine and I was told my mother still fit the facility because they have high functioning residents too.
I am a social worker so I know about 17 of the assisted living centers here as well as many of the geriatric doctors and nurses in Sarasota. I feel obligated to explain to them why they should never refer anyone here. And now because they will not fulfill the contract they are placing me in a position to use an attorney.
1.So I was defrauded about the place being a fit for my mother who did awesome in assisted living in Calif. and is doing amazing at the assisted living place she went to after Inspire.
2. Defrauded about 15 day to change mind in contract.
3. The one day my mother was there she called 911 for help in the middle of the night. The hours I was there I was [Removed] hard by a man I walked by who is a resident.
There were several loud arguments in the dining room where a staff member had to break up.
When in the lobby and behind closed doors I would hear the screaming of residents.
4. The nurse lied about my mom "forgetting" something in an attempt to show my mom had memory issues. The problem was she "forgot" I was present at the incident the nurse was telling me about so I know the nurse was lying.
5.My mom was traumatized for several days after being there for one day.
Please call me if you have any further questions.
[removed] ([Removed])

Not the right fit!

The staff at this community are really nice, helpful and knowledgeable about the community. We liked the community and what they had to offer. We just did not think that this was a good fit for mom.

Attentive Care!

The InspiredLiving has been a great community. The building as well as the rooms are always very clean and maintained well. I like the attention the caregivers are able to give. My mother is going on all of the outings. We are happy with this place so far.

Excellent Care

This is a great community for my father. He is very happy here with the care and the staff that are just wonderful. The food is great and my father likes the variety of different choices. He is offered alot of activities to choose from to help keep very active. I have recommended this community to many others for outstanding care for there loved ones.

Kari Lorenzo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and sharing your father with us.

Very Happy

It was refreshing after visiting several places to walk into Inspired Living. The receptionist was super friendly, and we found the rest of the staff the be the same. I am happy knowing there are so many activities and outings that my father will enjoy even with his dementia.

Jennifer Fuse

Thank you for your positive feedback! At Inspired Living we always strive to provide personalized care for your loved one as well as keeping our residents engaged in meaningful activities. I am happy to hear about all of the positive experiences that you have had!

good fit

I am impressed with the community as a whole. The staff for the most part is very patient with the residents. I have only experienced one time when I was not happy with the support staff. Meals are of a good quality and the outdoor area is exceptional. Residents are encouraged to participate in activities and not left to sleep away the day. This was very important to me and my family. The residents are treated like productive people and not just looked after. The care services are a great value as compared to previous experiences. I especially liked the guarantee that there will not be a yearly increase.

Jennifer Fuse

Thank you for your feedback Sue. At Inspired Living we always strive to provide personalized care for your loved one as well as keeping our residents engaged in meaningful activities. I am happy to hear about all of the positive experiences that you have had, and that you have taken advantage of our Forever Pricing. I am sorry to hear that you had an experience where you were not completely satisfied. Please know that I am always available if you notice an opportunity where we can improve.

Grateful

My family and mother had a wonderful experience at Inspired Living at Sarasota. The community director and care staff were very attentive regarding mom's individual needs. The community is well maintained and mom loved the ability to get fresh air in the courtyard. As a family we also enjoyed visiting during holiday times and participating in the various events. Very grateful for the care that was provided.

Jennifer Fuse

I visited this community and decided on a different community. These aggressive sales people call me monthly to try to get me to move from Autumn of Sarasota. So many calls to the point I had to block them from my phone. I didn't chose them because my father is moderate dementia and with their costs being the same for everyone, why should I have to pay for someone's mother or father who needs more assistance? They should have levels of care in order to be fair to everyone. Also saw many people in wheelchairs. But when you look at their Facebook page, they only show the more able bodied resident's participating in activities. Nice facility, but not a good fit for my father.

stephenie haldane

We know finding the right place for your loved one can be difficult. Inspired Living communities offer forever pricing to make it easier on the consumer. Forever pricing is locked in forever and the consumer does not incur additional cost for incontinence products and care. However, we do understand this option may not be for everyone.

We are sorry that you did not feel our community was a good fit for your Dad. Your feedback is always appreciated. Thank you, Inspired Living of Sarasota.

The resident's all looked like zombies. I didn't see any activities and it was mid afternoon. I checked them out on Facebook and thought there would be much more going on. Apparently, the few things they do with residents are shared with the public. It is also behind a furniture store. It would be hard to find if my mother would want visitors from their friends. I called to speak with someone and they told me there would be someone calling me right back and 3 hours later, no one called.

stephenie haldane

Inspired Living communities take great pride in planning resident specific activities and programs. We know finding the right place for your loved one can be difficult, we are sorry that you did not feel our community was a good fit for your mother.

Your feedback is always appreciated.

Located just off the South Tamiami Trail, Inspired Living at Sarasota provides personalized care with assisted living services specifically designed for those with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia or other memory impairments. Residents are truly at the center of their care, forming the foundation for a unique approach tailored to meet the personalized needs and goals of both the resident and family members.
Our community is the perfect balance of form and function – a warm, welcoming place that feels like home, is alive with activity, and is carefully designed to enhance the lives of those with memory impairments. But it is our people who make a tremendous difference. The passion of our dedicated staff is driven by a sense of purpose and deep respect for our residents, their families and loved ones.

The care you receive at Inspired Living at Sarasota is designed just for you. We begin our relationship with each resident by learning his or her life story. Then we tailor programs and routines to their specific preferences, abilities and needs. We take a holistic approach, making sure to support the mental, social, spiritual and emotional needs of residents and their families. We offer residents as much support as they need to live as independently as possible.

Our personal touch matters:
• Dedicated, licensed professional staff specially trained in memory support on site with licensed nursing available 24/7
• Person-centered care emphasizes personal needs, preferences and abilities, and promotes wellness, fulfillment and reward.
• Purposeful community design and innovative technology support independence and ensure safety.

From our expansive, secure courtyard with walking paths, a shaded gazebo and butterfly garden – to nutritious, brain-healthy dining options where residents can enjoy delicious meals and snacks at their leisure – we provide a worry-free, nurturing and compassionate environment for your loved one.

Room Features
•Private memory care suites
• Private bathrooms
• Emergency call system
• Keyless entry to ensure private access to suite