Village At Westerville Retirement Center - Westerville, OH

We had an excellent tour of the facilities. Staff friendly and saw activities going on. I liked the very visible list of activities for the month and that day. We also met the administrator of the facility. We were impressed with the maintenance staff area that we passed by on our tour. The independent living apartments are old and are much in need of a face lift. We did see that a couple apartments were being renovated and were told more were going to be redone. This would be a top contender as a selection for my parents

Wait List

Overall the property was very nice it appeared clean and maintained well inside and out. The staff was helpful and kind. They were a little more expensive than some of the other communities I had visited. However, they did do a follow-up call a few days after to inform me that there was currently a waitlist.

Good Food

This tour went very well and I liked how clean and nice it looked. The residents seemed to be happy interacting with the staff. I got to try a complimentary meal and I thought it was very good. Heather from A Place For Mom was very good at helping me out.

Very Friendly Sweet Residents

The first thing we noticed when we walked into this community was the homey atmosphere. The residents smiled and waved to us on tour they were very welcoming. This is a very nice community very clean it looks really good. The staff is great they have been very helpful and sweet. There are lots of activities offered here daily and the meals are well balanced and healthy. This Is a very warm welcoming community and I would recommend it.

First Month

It's hard to give a total evaluation due to the fact she has only been there 4 weeks. But I think 5 stars are appropriate on cleanliness, friendliness , care service. On activities from what I have observed should also rate a five but since my mother doesn't participate in any I can't rate according to her case. On value I am due to receive my first billing and haven't reviewed any of the charges yet. But up to this point we will say overall A+

I would recommend.

We are very happy with Village At Westerville Retirement Center. My mother is doing great there. I would recommend it. They do offer activities, but she hasn't participated much. She says the food is okay, I've tried it and I liked it.

Top of the list!

From our first tour Village of Westerville just stayed at the top of our list. They made a very difficult task very smooth and simple. On move in day they met Mom at the door and made her feel welcomed and at ease. They have answered all of my questions, made what I considered problems disappear. It has only been two weeks and they already call me by name when I visit! All the staff has been so kind to Mom. They work to get her involved and find what she likes to do. What a blessing!

Nice place overall, some issues to work through

In general I think Village at Westerville is a nice place. The facility itself is generally clean and well kept, and the staff is friendly and helpful. However, my loved one is having a little trouble settling in. She says the staff will come into her room unannounced, and while I understand some amount of this is necessary in an assisted living environment I think they could work with her a little to find a solution she is comfortable with.

Five out of five!

Village at Westerville is a very nice place overall, I'm really enjoying it. I'd give them top marks across the board!

Move

The move my mother made from her house to this facility was very smooth and non painful. They helped and assisted us in the move. Everything went way better then expected.

Perfect

They went very well. We just stayed for two weeks because we went there for a vacation. Things were perfect and if we decide to do something like that again we will definitely use you guys for help. You did good.

Such Caring People

They are just such caring people at all of the different levels. They did try to make it as homey as possible and transition wise with the move-in and everything they do a good with helping with all of that.

Would not recommend, very unprofessional staff

We had a terrible experience with Village at Westerville. They are not responsive to any sort of dementia or memory issues, and we eventually needed to move my loved one because of this. They were just generally very unhelpful throughout the whole process. The nursing staff dragged their feet returning our loved ones remaining medication when we were moving her out, and turned what should have been a simple process into a crisis. And the director here behaved in an incredibly petty and unprofessional manner, she fought us every step of the way. I would NOT recommend this place, after seeing the way their staff behave in a situation like this.

excellent

I have not found anything that they could do to improve, which is likely due in part to us being new but also in part to them doing such an excellent job.

The food they have there is excellent, and they provide plenty of excellent activities (though dad does not always choose to participate, but they are available).

When we moved in dads room had been completely renovated with new carpet and everything, and looked very nice.

Great decision

This was a great decision for my mom when her memory began to have "issue". She still is considered independent so has a lovely apartment and was able to take her beloved yorkie with her which has really helped. The staff are very friendly and helpful keeping my sister and I posted as any issues arise. She loves the food and not having to cook for herself. They have a variety of activities that are appropriate for their residents who may not be up on current events, but know the old songs, card games etc. from their past. She's very happy there and tells anyone what a "nice place this is"

Facility was acceptable. I...

Facility was acceptable. It was clean and staff friendly. I thought the decor was old, dim and un-inviting.

Allows pets

The primary reason for choosing the Village at Westerville was the fact they allowed my mom's little dog. The Westerville Retirement Center is exceptionally well appointed, very clean, and my mom who is in Independent Living likes that it does not have the feel of a nursing home. The staff is very welcoming and she has a nice apartment with bedroom and living room. Her meals are provided, they offer a great variety of food. My mom had been losing weight because she had become disinterested in cooking for just one. She picked this place because there are people like her there and she can join them for conversation, meals, and activities. Transportation is also available to different destinations and shopping centers. My mom pickwas the one who picked this place it met all of her requirements, most importantly allowing her dog to live with her.

Toured with director. Very impressed ...

Toured with director. Very impressed with "people-centered" program, bang for buck. Not so much with upkeep and spaciousness of apartments.

clean, active, a bit clinical.. very...

clean, active, a bit clinical.. very friendly. Toured on 1/13

Lovely

Lovely

friendly, happy people, busy. Older ...

friendly, happy people, busy. Older smells is room, perhaps not fully cleaned yet. saw real rooms.

Toured...liked common areas but wasn'...

Toured...liked common areas but wasn't happy with 2 BR apts

Great location- near downtown Westerv...

Great location- near downtown Westerville & library- very clean, smelled great, awesome staff- no medicaid waiver, total cost still under 4K

A most distinguished senior living community Welcome to The Village at Westerville Retirement Center, a distinctive and gracious senior living residence. We are nestled in the charming community of Westerville on the northeast outskirts of Columbus, Ohio. This historic village features a beautifully restored “uptown,” many lovely parks and Otterbein College, a highly respected liberal arts university.

At The Village at Westerville Retirement Center, we offer you a lifestyle that suits all of your needs and allows you the freedom to do the things you really enjoy. In addition to independent living, we offer independent living with assistance, assisted living and respite stays.

We are dedicated to keeping you active, healthy and independent. There is so much to do and enjoy at The Village at Westerville Retirement Center! We invite you to visit and experience for yourself the pampered Village life!