Brookdale Castleton - Indianapolis, IN

Brookdale Castleton - Indianapolis, IN has yet not published prices.

Seemed cozy and personal

They are at the top of the list so far. Large rooms, 2BR available, very good move-in specials and one of her church members is a resident there.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

They didn't tell me they would charge me $500 a month to help me with medication and they did a worse job than me. I couldn't adjust the thermostat. The maintenance man tried to adjust it and there was nothing he did to fix it. I was there for 13 days and they owe me $7,000 dollars. They said I would get my money back and I still haven't seen it. I was depressed because I had to go home and I thought I would get quality service there, I was wrong.I thought I would get better care for what I was paying. I asked the maintenance guy to fix my a leaky faucet three times and he didn't. The building was thirty years old and they didn't do up keep maintenance. A lot of things were broken.
The nurses were overworked and had way more than they could handle.They only paid their aides $12 dollars an hour, they should be able to hire more staff. I would not recommend this community to anyone.

Good place for Mom

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They seem responsive to any concerns we had. Nursing staff are very thorough and competent.

Very Nice Respite Stay Experience

My mother is here at this community for a respite stay. So far everything is working out pretty well, and I'am satisfied. It is very nice community, and they do a good job with keeping the facility neat and tidy. The staff is very good. They are great with keeping me inform on up to date information. She has met some new friends, that she enjoys having lunch with. She says the meals are pretty good. The only issue I've had is I had a late payment, and they tired to charge me $250 dollars for the late fee, which is a crazy. Other than that issue it has been a good experience, and this is a good community.

Care for dad

This is a excellent community. The staff has gone above and beyond with helping me get my father moved in. The meals here are good, but he is really likes the service at the dining time. He likes the food and is happy with the way he can order a la carte. This community allows him to take care of himself for personal needs in which we are not charged for. We find the community to be very clean and taken care of. We would recommend this community for many great reasons and suggest other families to check out what is offered.

Very nice but was more expensive the originally planned due to their al la carte expenses.

Brookdale, So Far So Good

My Dad has only been a resident for a couple of months. He is still in an adjustment period, but seems to like it.

The facility is very nice and the location is excellent. There is plenty of shopping and various activities in the area. There seems to be many activities for the residents if they choose to participate.

The only issue that I have is the lack of communication of staff. I have been contacted several times by different staff members asking the same questions. I'm also getting the feeling that they may also lack a little in getting back to the individual responsible for family member.

We are still new to the community, but overall, so far, I would highly recommend Brookdale Senior Living Castleton.

Seemed like a nice place, could have been clearer about extra fees

Overall I thought Brookdale Castleton seemed like a very nice place. The service and care they provide is good, the facility is clean, and the food is excellent. I also thought the staff all seemed very friendly. However, one big issue I had was that when they said transportation was provided for doctors appointments they did not mention that there were extra fees involved, that came as a surprise to us.

Not sure I believe the hype...

Brookdale [removed] was very impressive initially. I made the decision to move Mom after having the initial tour and conversation with the admin and everything that was promised seemed great. Since moving Mom in things went downhill. We promised some type of buddy for Mom the first couple of weeks until she was acclimated and that never happened. The staff are not quick to respond at all. When the button is pressed for assistance we have to wait 10-15 minutes for someone to respond which I find to be quite ridiculous. Activities for the residents are consistently cancelled and the dining experience is not a good one at all. The residents have to wait anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour for their food and hope the order is correct. Not sure I am completely happy but I feel like it will be the same everywhere. I can only hope it will improve.

Good place

Brookdale Castleton is a very good place, clean, safe, good location, close to medical services. It's very clean, they do a good job keeping it clean. It is affordable, much moreso than some other places. One problem we have is that the heat in my brother's apartment is stuck on and his room is around 89 degrees, which is not good for his health to be in high heat. The maintenance has said they'll need to shut down the whole system to fix it.

you have the option of two meals

I really like that at Berkshire Of Castleton you have the option of two meals so we can take my mother-in-law out for a meal and we aren't still having to pay for that third meal at the facility. That is a big plus as far as value. When I ate with her last weekend the server was trying so hard and being so helpful even though it was obvious they were short staffed. One thing that bothers me is the staff will offer a certain service and then later charge for that service without letting us know upfront. For example my mother-in-law needed her wheelchair brought to her and they ended up charging her for helping with her wheelchair. They also originally asked her if they would like her medicine brought to her and then she would get a bill for that service. I just think they need to give you a menu of services that will be offered and charged upfront. My mother-in-law also goes to physical therapy there and they were pushing her as they do in physical therapy but it turned out she had a fracture. She does love the physical therapist but sometimes they need to know when to not push so much. Overall I am really pleased with this facility.

I Have spent the last few days touring different Sr. Communities for Dad. My advice, Call Mary Candler with 'A Place For Mom.' She will ask you a few questions and then set you up to tour as many places as you want. After 100s of questions on several tours, with much deliberation, Dad will be moving into Brookdale Of Castleton in a few days. Lea Ann is awesome. Brookdale is a bright cherry place, and although they offer many different levels of care, they don't have a nursing home atmosphere. I talked to several randomly chosen by me residents who all said they were happy with their home. The residents take it upon themselves to welcome new residents. All family are welcome to come visit and dine with Mom or Dad for really reasonable prices. There are tons of activities and Srs are encouraged to stay as active as they are able with guidance and help when needed. I will comment again in a month or two to say how Dad likes his new home.

Berkshire of Castleton is a great new home for your parent

Berkshire of Castleton is a great facility. Everyone on the staff is great and they really care. They know all the residents by name and say hello to them. The food is high quality and serviced in a restaurant setting.

Nice place, friendly and communicative staff!

I think they do a very good job overall at Berkshire of Castleton! The facility is well kept and clean, and the care staff are all very friendly. They're very communicative when it comes to the status of your loved ones! My only complaint is that I feel like the staff in the dining room could use a bit more training when it comes to dealing with the elderly, they can be a little thin-skinned if someone is frustrated or has an outburst. But overall it is a very nice place, and I would recommend it others looking into senior living!

Very nice looking place!

Overall things have gone well with Berkshire of Castleton. The staff here are friendly and professional, and any issues we've had they have responded to and corrected quickly. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take good care of the people who live here.

Very disappointing. We stood at the front desk for a full five minutes in full view of three people, none of whom acknowledged us. Lea Ann was not available for the appointment until long after we arrived, as she was with someone else. The package that was prepared for us was missing information, and also included wrong information. The sofa in the lobby is stained and dirty, and the coffee table is pretty bashed up. The rooms are small - no central air. Woodwork and doors are very cheap. Rooms not well maintained - the "Model" has broken doors. Closet space near non-existent in all models. Staff eating food and leaning against walls in lobby. Person we were left with has been there two months, yet couldn't answer basic questions, or did answer, and provided incorrect information; e.g., she didn't know the model was the small one bedroom, and told us it was the large one. Based on the poor condition and observation of the staff, we did not stay to dinner.

Very nice place!

So far I think things have gone very well with Berkshire of Castleton! The staff here have all been incredibly friendly and attentive! Even though my loved one is only in the independent living portion she still has members of the nursing staff checking in on her and the maintenance staff have been absolutely fantastic! They also do a good job, Mom can be a very picky eater but she usually finds something she likes.

Contented resident

My mom is still looking for bridge partners. Has enjoyed the newly released movie showings. Loves the dining room.

Very happy here!

We're very happy with the Berkshire so far! It's a nice looking place, and while they are currently undergoing renovations they do a good job of keeping things clean. The staff have all been very friendly, and the care they provide is excellent. I've had a chance to try the food a few times and it has been good!

Several Levels of Services Offered

They offer several levels services which can be added as needed. My mother has issues with her short-term memory but wants to remain independent.
At first she wanted to make her own lunches but has changed to going to the dining room for all 3 of her meals - just easier for her.
We may add the service of having them administer her insulin but she will keep track of her other medications.

I like the fact that we can pick and chose the services she needs today and add additional ones in the future as those are needed.

Bad Facility to put loved one

I'm not sure if the people who gave this facility excellent reviews lived @ Berkshire. My lovedone lived in independent section 5yrs & assisted living 9 months.The aprtments are old & with outdated appliances. A/C units barely work. Assited living is complete joke with sub par RNs & CNAs. Director of Assisted Living unit only see $$. Horrible place & people.

Great Option

My mother is very happy here! She has a lot of friends, is very active and enjoys the staff. The staff seem very happy and are caring individuals who work hard to make this a nice community. Everyone working for the community is wonderful. The doctor who visits patients on-site - not so much. If you can avoid using him, I would recommend doing so.

Feels Like Home

Well it is very good and we are very happy with it. It is very comfortable, residents are very friendly and we enjoy it very much. It feels like home. I live here with my wife.

This place was great, but too much tr...

This place was great, but too much traffic

was a nice facility. At least IL was...

was a nice facility. At least IL was inside, so Mom would not have to go outside. Meal was nice,sit down,take your order. Had a small stove in apt. Ran into a friend of Mom's, who lives there now.

Great place. Staff very efficient and...

Great place. Staff very efficient and helpful.

Director took all the time in the wor...

Director took all the time in the world with me even though I was late. She listened and that alone was impressive. I really liked this place for her and her friend who also needs assisted living but isn't yet resigned to the thought of moving into assisted living.

Berkshire of Castleton provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.