Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living - Fishers, IN

Great Community

I toured here for my loved one, and really liked it. I thought this was a great community. It's really nice, and I found the staff to be helpful and knowledgeable. However, it was too expensive for u at the time, so we had to opt for a more practical place.

This facility was beautiful, well maintained, appeared well staffed. Their philosophy, approach and medical affiliations were impressive.

Beautiful place!

The Allisonville Meadows was a very nice place to tour, the independent living was beautiful. I really liked how it was all set up and everyone was very nice. I would have picked this place if my mother didn't need a higher level of care.

5 stars!!

We are very happy with the care my loved one is receiving at this community. The staff are attentive and we have good communication. They offer daily activities and the community is clean. He likes the food. I wish they did have name plates outside of each room. I would recommend this community.

This place is too expensive and the lead nurse is no good she's mean and unprofessional.

They are a nicely kept community and have a nice courtyard outside for the residents to enjoy.!!

My sister likes the food at Allisonville Meadows, however my mom does not like it and she also does not like the taste of the water. The staff are friendly and helpful. My sister is doing real well since moving into the community. She is excited about where she is. She is involved in the community and goes to the special events. I have no problem with anything there. I would recommend this community.

Food Isn't The Best, But They Are Taking Good Care Of Mom

They are caring for my mother very well at this community and I am pleased. Everybody is very nice and kind at this community. They keep the community very clean, my only issue has been with the cleaning in my mothers room. The nursing staff is wonderful, they are very good at what they do. She is getting involved in the activities they offer. The food has been a big problem for us, they need more of a variety of foods. The rooms are nice and everything is working out pretty well. I would recommend it.

Four Stars

Everybody was really friendly. I think that my loved one was in the wrong place for where he should have been, because I had to keep going over there and staying with him. But other than that, I think it is a good facility.

I am impressed beyond belief! It was such a tough decision to pick the place my parents call home. I am assured I couldn't have made a better choice. My parents have blossomed since they have been living at Allisonville Meadows. The management staff, nursing care, meals, and amenities are over the top. I would recommend all my closest friends to Allisonville Meadows.

Do not put your loved one here

The care is the most important. The facility is nice but the director of nursing is not capable of running a facility. She does not respect the staff and this effects the teamwork surrounding my mothers care. Documentation has been forged and the care plan was not followed. The memory care staff has not been trained properly and has no idea how to correctly interact with dementia patients. I would not send my loved one here.

Highly Reccomended

If you are applying for VA or any other benefits you need to start early on as it is a very lengthy process. The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive. The activities that they provide, seem to be pretty well attended. They have an activities coordinator that is just out of this world and everyone of the staff are very good about dealing with the residents. The staff is very good about attending to needs and very receptive of questions.

A contract needs to work both ways

If I have to rate this Assisted Living place on its care I would rate it a 4 star, but if I have to rate it on their contract and what they tell you when you are asking questions before you signing the contract it would be a
1 star. I was told that no matter what stage my aunt would be at they would be able to take care of her.

My aunt was placed in the memory care unit and I had signed papers directing her as DNR. She was having a hard time breathing so they called the paramedics (which should not have happened). She was in the hospital for 5 days at which time she needed to go to skilled nursing. They had no room for her at Allsionville Meadows. I them needed to find another place for her as she was being released from the hospital. Since I knew she would not be going back to that room and the end of the month was the next day I empty her room.

I was sent a bill for the next month because they wanted me to give them 30 days notice. Now I understand if I wanted to move her to another place but I did not. They could not stand by what I was told, but I still had to pay them.

When I received the bill and a late fee It said "make payment immediately to avoid further action."

It is a shame that they expect me to hold my end of the contact but the feel as they do not need to stand by what they tell you. Their contact even wants 30 days notice if your loved one dies. Unfortunately death does not give you 30 days notice.

I hope people ask questions and contracts can be made that it is fair for everyone not just the homes we need to put our loved ones in.

It is a shame that the caregivers are great at a place but the front office is only concerned about how much money they can get for a room even when they promise you all the care in the world and can not keep their promise.

excellent

The care that the nurses give has been excellent. The staff also has been excellent as well. Everyone there is very friendly. The food as a whole has been very good as well.

The biggest criticism that I have is that we do sometimes have to wait for a long time to be served. For example, just yesterday I had to wait half an hour for biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and by the time I got it, it was cold and soggy. Then today I was waited on and served right away, so it just varies from day to day.

Overall though it has been a very positive experience and I would highly recommend Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living.

Clean

looked nice, brand new, very clean

Beautiful

Mom said it was the prettiest, beautiful, location was too far away though. Did not have a stove, small kitchenette.

I met with an assistant to ...

I met with an assistant to Cathy. She was very but not quite as knowledgeable as Larry. The facility was beautiful and I think would meet the needs of my mother-in-law.

It's beautiful, and clean, but they have limited amenities.

They are trying to fill the building, so there are a lot of things they say they do that they don't do to the extent you think they will. They offer transportation free to and from Dr. appointments, they say just schedule it, and let us know. When we got there we found out it's only available Monday and Wednesday, and only from 9-2. They only have one driver and she is the activities director too. They didn't have me sign the contract until we were almost 3/4 of the way moved in. There were things in the contract that had I known, I might have made another decision, things like we would have to have a medical reason to move. You should be signing the contract when you put the deposit down and not waiting until you've already moved furniture in. It's beautiful, and clean, but they have limited amenities. They only want you to move in on certain days, that was frustrating.

It's very deceiving, it's a beautiful place, very nicely done....

It's very deceiving, it's a beautiful place, very nicely done. I think it's false propaganda, once you get over to the Alzheimers, memory care side. They make it seem like if you start in Assisted living you can get into the memory care side, but they pick and choose who they want to take. They have no idea how to deal with Alzheimers and dementia patients. Their rehab, isn't any good, they over-medicated, or gave the wrong medication. This caused falls, mostly because they didn't want my loved one to get up and move, more than the ten or fifteen minutes that they can bill you for that is considered therapy. Other than that they want you in the bed or a chair. It's supposed to be rehab, they need to move. The communication is awful. The director doesn't return phone calls, the employees don't even follow the directors orders. Just a bad experience.

Allisonville - Good value and solid care.

It is still early - time will tell how well Mom adjusts. Staff has been great. Could have been a bit more structured around the transition process, but we got there.

I was impressed beyond beli...

I was impressed beyond belief, here. VERY lovely, gracious, intimate. Food and service looked delicious and delightful. I believe that for assisted living and memory care, this may be the most respectful of settings, designed to retain as much self-esteem as possible. I was impressed by the love of the sales associate for the residents, and the reciprocation by the resident I met.

I would give the staff more than a five.

We were very happy with them. I would give the staff more than a five. The day nurse staff was amazing. It's one of the nicest places we've seen. It was wonderful.

Nice looking community, spacious rooms

Overall I think they do a good job here. It's a nice looking community, and it is generally clean and well kept. The rooms are a good size, and we like that there are doors into a courtyard type area. They could use a bit more greenery outside to make sitting in the courtyard more pleasant. The care and activities are both areas where they could use a bit of work. They are a brand new community, only open a few months, and I feel like they are still settling into their routines.

Met with Kara Leek. Since n...

Met with Kara Leek. Since no independent living offered, residents likely to need more care than at some places. Upside MD and nurses on staff a plus. Apts and storage were spacious. Common areas light and pleasant.

An absolutely lovely facili...

An absolutely lovely facility! Cathy is a true gem and the staff was delightful. We enjoyed meeting some of the residents as well. The facility was clean, beautifully appointed with wonderful amenities. Definitely high on our list of possibilities.

This is such a new place, c...

This is such a new place, clean and easy to walk thru. Its in our pricerange for a studio and the rehab facility next door seems well designed and state of the art. Cathy was helpful and the location is perfect.

Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living offers Assisted Living and Assisted Living Memory Care. The community has been designed to accommodate a diversity of lifestyle requirements while offering the security and convenience of individualized care.

Conveniently located in Fishers with easy access to Interstate 69 and Interstate 465. Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living is just minutes from Community North Hospital, and the Castleton Mall shopping area.

As a resident of Allisonville Meadows Assisted Living, you’ll benefit from a full continuum of senior housing and healthcare options. You’ll enjoy the company of your neighbors and opportunities to participate in a wide range of planned activities, including transportation to shopping and social outings.

You will find a warm and comfortable atmosphere with a caring and friendly staff always ready to make you feel at home.