Forum at the Crossing - Indianapolis, IN

We like this community

My loved one is still trying to adjust to living at this community. The staff have been fabulous with trying to help with the adjustment. They have been very nice and supportive of the family. The community is very clean and it is in a good location for us. I would recommend this community.

Great interaction with the staff!!

I thought that the staff at this location was lovely and had great interaction with all of the residents. The community was very clean and had a lot of great amenities available to everyone. This was my first choice for a place for mother too move in but it was just too far for my family and I too get to her everyday.

A Pretty Good Expereince Here For Us

My mother is law was here for two years. It was a pretty good experience for us here. It is nice community. We knew she was in good hands. Overall this is a good community. Everything worked out well during my mother in law's stay.

Best rehab in Indy!

My 84 year old mother recently stayed at the Forum for therapy after a difficult bout with pneumonia. She was so weak she could not even stand alone, we were afraid she would never be able to return home alone again to the house she has lived in and loved for 47 years.
A representative from the Forum came to the hospital to meet with us and explain all of her options and what to expect, she told us how my mothers medicare and supplemental insurance worked and even told us how much she would have to pay each day after her insurance coverage ran out. She spent over an hour with us answering all of our questions and even gave us her personal cell phone number in case we thought of any other questions and told us to call her night or day if we had any problems.
Well we never had to call her because my mothers care while there was far beyond what we could have ever expected. The nurses and aides were so friendly and genuinely seemed to care about her and made an effort to go out of their way to take care of her. Her therapist were very diligent and patient with her and not only got her back to where she was before the pneumonia but helped her get equipment for home to make life easier and keep her safe.
Thank you Forum from the bottom of my heart, your wonderful staff has made such an incredible difference to our whole family!

Great place for mom and dad

I did a great deal of research when I moved my parents from Arizona back to Indiana. I needed a retirement place that provided the full continuum of health care: independent living, assisted living, rehabilitation unit, memory care, and skilled nursing care. I wanted both mom and dad to always be under one roof, no matter what their health care needs may be in the future.
My parents have felt very at home at The Forum. The food tastes great and is nutritionally sound. Their apartment is the perfect size for their needs. The activities keep them as busy as they want to be. The friendliness of the staff and their neighbors has been a real plus.
The Forum is about 10 minutes from our house and very close to my husband's workplace. We know my parents are nearby and well taken care of.

I wholeheartedly endorse The Forum

I would highly recommend anyone looking at a senior living community for a loved one to place him/her at The Forum. The care is exceptional. To a person from the housekeepers to the waiters to the chef to the manager, The Forum is the best value for your money.

My mother was devastated to lose her freedom and independence in her home as her mobility decreased; she was a highly resistant resident. While somewhat antisocial by nature, she loves The Forum and frequently tells me that I could not have selected a more ideal home for her. She loves the dining room and takes all of her meals there; the staff there are pleasant and react to her sometimes abrupt and abrasive nature with compassion and grace. My mother frequently comments on the rich menu of social activities both on site and in the broader community and frequently borrows books from the library.

We have both been impressed by the level of care to the grounds, the building, and her apartment. In the two and a half years that she has resided at The Forum, they have attended to the landscaping with care, repaved the entire parking lot, repainted the exterior wood trim, and repainted interior walls; all of this after a massive renovation of the building itself weeks before my mother moved in to The Forum.

When the staff has had to inform me of delicate medical issues noted by housekeeping or wait staff, they have done so with sensitivity and sincere dedication to my mother's best interests. They keep me abreast of issues of concern, and I rely on them to note changes in her physical or mental condition when I am not there during the day.

Truly, The Forum is simply the best community possible for my mother, and I have recommended it to a number of my colleagues and friends who live in the area.

Overall the best value in Indianapolis.

About five years ago my then 91 year old mother wanted to move from here senior living apartments on the Northeast side of Indy. We visited almost every assisted living facility on the north side if the city to find the best one for her needs. That exercise paid off because after meeting with Vicky Meier and taking a tour, my mother was completely impressed with the entire package including care, price, location and value.
According to my mother, THE most important feature in a senior living facility is the quality and verity of the meals. After five years of living at the Forum, she still brags about the quality of the meal service. My wife and I usually have lunch with mom on Hloidays. We always experience a quality well prepared meal too.
Last year my mother wanted to move to a ground level apartment from the third floor. Before she moved in they completely refurbished the apartment. New granite countertops, carpeting, fresh coat of paint and built-in microwave. It was like a brand new apartment.

Excellent facility in all respects. Definitely on the short list!

Very nice facility. MOstly ...

Very nice facility. MOstly for independent living 1/5 of facility was assisted living of 100 units. Memory care unit looked like a stepchild in comparison to the rest of the facility.Expensive for what was the memory unit. No activities for memory care basically 'because eating is such an experience that it takes 1-1 1/2 hours per meal'

Five Star Reviews

First, let me say that I am very concerned about your impressions and would like to have the opportunity to discuss them with you. I am the Executive Director and my door is always open. As an Independent Full Service Community, The Forum at The Crossing has a continuum of care that includes Independent Living, Memory Care and a Healthcare Center for Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing. Each of these neighborhoods is designed for the enjoyment, safety and comfort of our residents and the peace of mind of our families. While I hope to talk to you personally, I would like to take this opportunity to reassure you regarding each of your concerns. The smaller size and less elaborate environment of our Memory Care Neighborhood gives our residents the comfortable feeling of home and helps ensure that our caregivers can give an abundance of personal attention. Five Star Senior Living has won numerous national awards for “Bridge to Rediscovery” which is an innovative, Montessori based memory care program designed to meet the unique needs of those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. At The Forum, we strive to deliver the Bridge to Rediscovery experience to our residents and families. One of the hallmarks of Bridge to Rediscovery is a concentration on individual activities based on the life story and interests of each resident. Likewise, the specialized food and dining service is carefully crafted to accommodate the needs and tastes of each resident. We recognize that choice and engagement are essential and sometimes this means that meal times can take longer for some people. I would be delighted to have our Bridge to Rediscovery Director join us in a conversation about your comments so please do reach out to me. Thank you for your consideration.

Tim Yale
Executive Director
The Forum at the Crossing

The Forum at the Crossing

The Forum at the Crossing is a beautiful, well maintained, welcoming facility. The orientation of the building is easily navigated. All the activities and dining hall are easily accessible on the main floor.
The welcoming from maintenance, reception, directors, and residents was very encouraging for my mom.

Met with Vicki Meier. This ...

Met with Vicki Meier. This place has it all. Great social, facilities, and apts. Only concern is if ambulation becomes an issue (wheelchair transfers) resident needs to relocate.

It was not what I expected ...

It was not what I expected and felt like i was in an older type nursing home in the rehab.The independent lvg. areas looked pretty but 3floors=confusion and too closed in,disappointed.

The Forum at the Crossing, a full-service senior living community located in Indianapolis' attractive north side, offers Independent Living, Assisted Living services, Nursing Care and Rehabilitation, and Alzheimer's/dementia Care.

In Independent Living, ideal for seniors who desire an active lifestyle, our residents enjoy gracious apartment accommodations, a variety of floor plans, fine restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, planned social and cultural activities, scheduled transportation and much more.

When a little more support is needed, Assisted Living services are available. Five Star Home Health can provide a variety of services including medication reminders, bathing assistance, and more, in the comfort of the resident's "independent" apartment.

At Forum at the Crossing, we recognize the special needs of people with Alzheimer's disease and other memory disorders. With a secure home-like setting and the support of a 24 hour staff, our award- winning special care program called Bridge to Rediscovery allows residents to thrive in an environment designed for their unique needs.

Our Healthcare Center is the choice for seniors requiring post-hospital and post-surgical care and for those who have more complex around the-clock nursing care needs. Our center offers 24-hour skilled nursing as well as physical, occupational and speech therapies designed to restore each resident to his or her highest level of functioning and independence.

At Forum at the Crossing, we do everything possible to understand and meet the needs and expectations of the people we serve. We invite you to visit us and experience the warm hospitality and high quality of our community.