Traditions at Solana - Indianapolis, IN

• Medication Reminders
  • Respite care available
  • Personalized care plans
  • Movie Theater
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Nurse Practitioners
  • Medical Alert Systems
  • Companionship & Conversation

Review of Traditions at Solana

I certainly like the appearance and the roominess in the apartment. I'm happy with the friendliness I encounter. I just LOVE the view. The cleaning ladies do an good job and the doctor is wonderful.

Review of Traditions at Solana

Her stay went very well. She was very happy and received great care. They went above and beyond. Someone was particularly great and washed her clothes rather then putting them in a bag.

Review of Traditions at Solana

This is where my Dad lives. Absolutely the best decision we have made for him. We have encountered nothing but kindness, in all respects. And he loves everything about the place.

Review of Traditions at Solana

It's very friendly. It's very sociable, and it's very caring - both the staff and the residents.

Review of Traditions at Solana

1st impressions count. I like the fact that it's an attractive place. Not a dreary place. Warm kind of atmosphere, comfortable, well furnished. It makes you feel at home.

Review of Traditions at Solana

The moved us from the garden home. People came in the morning, packed us and moved us and we were in and almost settled in a few days time. That worked very well.

Fabulous Experience and Highly Recommended

Traditions at Solana
We have encountered nothing but kindness, caring and heartfelt quality service.
This is the best choice we could have made for my 97 year old father, as well as for our widespread family.
The staff is excellent in caring for and making my father feel loved. He feels like he is amid a large, loving family. Although not so large that he gets lost in the crowd.
There is another thing, too: the staff is excellent in helping us family members with no experience in caregiving cope with the various, and sometimes harsh, realities of this stage of his life.
To start with, when we first started looking, we showed up without an appointment on more than one occasion and each time whomever we met stopped what they were doing and met with us and gave us tours of the facility and the specific room we eventually chose. Once we made our commitment, we were referred to movers who specialize in helping families in our situation move their loved one into a retirement facility – those movers made everything so easy for us – packed us, moved us over, unpacked us, including filling the icebox, put up the blinds and even hung pictures. Moving in was entirely painless for us, and stress free.
The campus of Traditions at Solana is beautiful. The building itself is situated on a peninsula that extends out with White River on one side and a lagoon on the other. Across the lagoon is an apartment complex with active residents who often provide entertainment in the lagoon during boating and swimming season. And watching the river is a nice alternative to watching TV.
There are large open rooms on each floor – the main lobby on the first, the library on the second and a crafts area on the third. My father loves doing jigsaw puzzles in the library, and is often joined by other residents who like to get in their two cents worth. There is a great deal of space, just the right amount to have enough room for privacy and yet not so much to get lost in the crowd. The community spaces are always neat and clean.
The dining facilities are just right, too. Dad loves the food. The staff seems to make a point of knowing each resident, to the point there is no need for my father to ask for a dish of vanilla ice cream after his meal. This is a hard working group of people, taking care of one of the residents’ main points of the day.
In summary: great location, beautiful grounds, well kept facility, high quality and talented staff, lots of love.
I highly recommend Traditions at Solana. As I said at the beginning:
We have encountered nothing but kindness, and quality care by quality, and qualified people.

Best place if you need assistance with medications, otherwise independant

If there is an apartment available, we think that this is one of the best places to live, if you need some assistance with medications and are requiring more assistance as you age (from 85, in our case).
You can also keep your cat or small dog.

The care services and friendliness are amazing, compared to the former place where my Mom resided.

Great place to call home.

My mother lives at Traditions at Solana and it was the best place for her and my family. The community is BEAUTIFUL. The staff really care about the residents. Always activities, entertaiment and great food. Mom has laughed so much since making Traditions at Solana her home. She has made many great friends. The nursing staff, housekeeping staff and dietary staff along with the management staff go the extra mile. The beautiful view of the river reminds her when she was young. It's just a great place to be.

Don't leave your Mama here!

My father-in-law stayed here for 9 days of respite care in January 2018. They did not provide the level of care that we agreed upon (and I paid extra for) before we dropped him off. They did not take him to meals, they did not help him dress or undress, they did not keep him clean, and they took away his help button, we found it on the sink under a washcloth. He was in bed wrapped in his blanket, dressed in only a T-shirt & sweat pants. None of the clothes I left him were touched other than his 3 pairs of PJs. He had feces on his sheet, on the toilet seat, and on the bathroom floor. He fell during his stay and they did not call the family or the doctor. When we complained, we got an email after 2 weeks stating that he had seemed happy while he was there, they took good care of him, and he really wasn't injured too badly when he fell, after all. The nurse who told us about the fall was let go

Wonderful Community

Great Community. Staff are warm and inviting. The move-in process is flawless. This was so helpful to our family with the transition of moving our mom in. Thank you.

Don't make a decision until you visit this place.

I visited Solana on a whim. It was breathtaking when I walked into the lobby. The receptionist was smiling as she greeted me. The tour of the building was awesome. The young lady giving the tour was very knowledgeable about the building and answered most of my questions before I could even ask. The building was clean and smelled really great. There were cookies baking in the lobby for residents and guests. The dining room was clean and well lit. The menu looked appetizing.
It will be one of the finalist, if not the final, place for our loved one.

Heaven on the Water

I have a family friend that currently lives at Traditions at Solana. Let me just say, wow! The building and property are absolutely beautiful. No matter who I talk to, I always receive a smiling face in return. The staff seem very caring and have a passion for working with this population.

Shannon A

We appreciate you kindness!

home

It was a year long process including many phone calls and just as many visits but we determined that Solana was the best fit for our family. To date, we have not second guessed our decision. The scenery is lovely, food is good, care is available but most of all its home.

Shannon A

Our goal is provide a "home" environment. Thank you.

Staff very professional, and the property very nice and clean.

Katy Hanks

Thank you! Our team takes pride in making our residents' and family members' home a beautiful and comfortable one all while providing wonderful care! We love that we offer spectacular water views and landscaping not found anywhere else in Indianapolis and we truly enjoy caring for our community and our families! We encourage you to come and visit us and experience why Traditions at Solana is exceptional in senior care!

Good Tour, but A bit Small For Us

My tour of this community was a nice one. From what I saw the community looked good, and the facility appeared to be clean. The staff was kind, and informative. My questions were answered. Everyone was very kind to my family,and myself. It was a little to small for our taste overall.

I was here over the weekend. The drive in is beautiful, surrounded by water. Once I walked into the community I was welcomed immediately while overhearing a piano in the background and the smell was faint but lovely. The lunch looked amazing and the residents were bustling about. If you have a negative stigma about "nursing homes" Traditions at Solana will change your mind. I had a great experience.

Look no more.........................

If you are looking for a place for your loved one to call home, look no more! Not only are the staff kind, patient and understanding the views are so pretty! If you are in the market for Assisted Living you must check out Traditions at Solana!

Dad Picked Traditions at Solana

Our Father was in charge of picking his assisted living facility. He and his daughters visited several around Indianapolis. When he walked into Traditions at Solana, he loved the light and open feeling. Before he broke his hip, he painted beautiful watercolors...light is important to an artist. Solana is full of light and a most welcoming atmosphere. He choose Solana.
We are now going into two years. He calls Solana "home". You can't do any better than that for your parent. When we go out for the day he is always ready to go home. He looks forward to the music events and "happy hour" twice a week. He has made friends here.
The staff works hard to make the residents a part of the community...it takes a village...they do a great job. We are 5 siblings and we all appreciate Solana.

GREAT TEAM, great location and great views! Check our Solana Today

Solana!! It is an amazing Senior Living Community! The views in all the apartments are breathtaking, the location is great- tons of shops and restaurants within minutes of the community. The residents are kind and welcoming! And the best part of this community is the team there. I have never walked into a building where everyone is smiling, welcoming and their passion for helping others is noticeable. They are very helpful during this difficult process and have a general interest in all people and getting them the care they deserve. Thank you Traditions at Solana for all you do for your residents and staff! It is very appreciated!

Best Assisted Living/Memory Care in Indianapolis

Beautiful community, waterfront views..........its hard to believe you are in Indiana when you look outside! Warm, caring staff, happy residents!

A beautiful place to live

The tour here was nice. This community is big and beautiful. The menu seemed appealing. They do offer a lot of activities. Families may want to tour this nice community for the care for a loved one.

Very nice. Amenities are what she needs. A little pricey and minimal move-in specials

My mother's care

I really like this community for my mom. I like the staff. who are always caring. This is a clean community for mom. I was happy when i was able to have a meal with her. The food was very good and she seems to be pleased. They have alot of nice activities that she is participating in with the other residents and that is very good for her to be active. I would highly recommend this community to other families.

The location of this place is good, but it seemed crowded.

Not as it appears

Located conveniently and nice location on river. Dining is horrible with constant turnover. Food is often cold if you're not there with the mass feeding. Management staff seem inexperienced and give you the "deer in the headlights" look when problems are brought to their attention. My overall opinion is that Solana charges a lot of money and puts minimal effort in to really making this a home for our loved ones. Colin does a good job at sales but his pitch is not reality. They are understaffed, poorly organized, do not communicate internally and don't seem to care. They have a CYA approach to problems rather than a willingness to understand and work towards a resolution. Owners should focus on making this a place where people are waiting to live rether than building new facilities. Invest in what you have and do it well.

Colin Hebenstreit

Our community proudly works together in a team environment with residents, family, staff and physician to provide the best possible atmosphere for all residents. We welcome and promote open communication at all times. Please feel free to contact us at anytime to discuss any concerns you may have.

Very bad food service/staff-management

Food service is definitely still an issue. I was served a donut that was hard as a rock for breakfast one morning and it was not frozen, if you get my drift. Most food has been decent lately but there were only 2 wait staff in the dining room tonight and it was packed with hungry residents getting very irritated not to be waited on properly-- it was a shame really. To top it off it is a holiday. Very poor management regarding this happening. There's no problem with outside maintenance and nursing care is great and housekeeping is good but the on going problems with the kitchen and wait staff is uncalled for in a place of this quality. It is very unfair to the paying residents and extremely unfair to the 2 folks working the floor in the dining room. I would not be surprised if the residents refused to pay for such bad food service.

Colin Hebenstreit

Thank you for your review. Please schedule a meeting with our new Executive Director we would love to talk with you further about our goals and expectations for the dinning room.

Great experience with Traditions Assisted Living

My mother has been a resident at Traditions at Salona for almost a year. Our family has been very pleased with the care provided to her by the staff. Mom has moderate dementia/alz and has frequent mood swings. Some days she is not very happy, as she thinks she can still live on her own. I have no complaints. I feel my mom is getting great care and is safe at Traditions. Lots of activities to keep residents busy and a great view of the water. I highly recommend Traditions.

👎 Food - bad. Everything else -🙂

Sooo, my parents moved in last spring. Food was fabulous for this type of place albeit wait staff was/is slow. The food has been slowly declining over the months from very good to cheap Banquet brand type entrees served as lunch and dinner specials. An overly salted processed breaded meat/poultry patty with some cold bbq sauce sitting on top was served as "Bbq Chicken". Portions are skimpy on the vegetables, sauces, gravies etc. Not enough varety of vegetables served with each meal and they seem to run out of everything almost everyday no matter what time you go to eat so you end up eating whatever they have on hand. Breakfast is about the only good dependable meal of the day. The overall staff in general are very good and helpful and the nurses are great. They are definitely running under staffed and it appears to be the norm. The grounds are very well maintained, but the dining room is a place where looks are deceiving. Oh and what is up with the very good meals I see on some tables and the "crap" food I see on others?

Colin Hebenstreit

Traditions at Solana proudly offers the highest quality dining services to our residents and guests. Dining at Traditions at Solana is more than just a meal, but rather a place where residents enjoy fun and exciting social events as well.
Our new Executive Chef recently joined our team, and is excited to strengthen and enhance our dining mission here at Solana.
Monthly food service reviews are held with our Executive Chef, where residents are invited to share their thoughts and ideas. We encourage participation, feedback and suggestions as we constantly strive to provide superior menu choices and dining room experience.
We appreciate your feedback and we are always available to meet with any of our residents and family members at anytime. Please feel free to call and schedule an appointment with our General Manager and Executive Chef at [removed]

Staff Cannot Handle Alzheimer patients

We had to place our mother into this facility that was clearly not ready to handle someone with Alzheimers. She was evaluated prior to admission and accepted into the assisted side and was transferred within a week to the memory care unit due to inability to stay within the confines of the building. She knew enough that she did not want to be there. After ONE day up in Memory care they shipped her out "to have her meds adjusted". This happened 3 more times and on the third event she was asked not to return. I have since been told that is common with this particular facility that unless you have a zoned out zombie or someone who is just happy all the time, they don't want you. We were told "we cannot watch her 24/7." So why did I pay them $5 K a month? They have only been open a year and a half and the staff clearly has never heard of the terms redirect or comfort before. They prefer to let someone just do the work for them. She was sent out more than she was under their roof in a two month time span. Don't recommend.

Don't do it

This place is hugely overpriced for the poor care they gave my grandmother, even after multiple conversations with management regarding the problems we were experiencing. We moved her out.

Great Expectations

My Mother has received very good care at Traditions. Staff and all employees are very caring. Facility is gorgeous and very clean and well maintained. They care to all her needs and wants.

great community

They helped a lot with the move-in process, and have been very helpful all throughout. It is a great community, nice facility, and wonderful staff.

My only critique would be the food. It's not terrible, but it is not fresh quality food either.

A comfortable new home when you need it most!

My sister and I just moved my parents into an assisted living apt at Solana. I cannot say enough good things about all of the staff. Colin is and has been a Godsend helping my sister with all the steps and details of a smooth transition of moving our parents from their home into assisted living. The Executive Chef Earnest and wait staff, (especially Lisa) are top notch. The food, service, and attention to detail and kindheart of these folks is exceptional. I know it's all new and I hope it continues to maintain the high quality of care and service my parents have received these past few days. The medical staff is attentive and timely with check-in procedures and dispensing medications. Down to earth, extremely knowledeable staff and very impressive accommodations. Thank you!

Cancelled appointment - Independent living is concentrated in separate cottages, and the main building is Assisted Living. Although people can live "independently" in the in AL building, this is not the atmosphere we are looking for.

Colin was very informative ...

Colin was very informative about Solana and the services they offer. It is a beautiful facility and it appears that they have a knowledgeable staff that work with residents. I think my mother-in-law would be happy at this gorgeous place.

Assisted Living