American Village - Indianapolis, IN

Caring people make the difference at American Village in Central Indiana. Our community provides high quality nursing care and skilled nursing to seniors in Indianapolis. We pride ourselves on being welcoming, a fact you can feel the minute you walk into our community and meet our staff. They are experts at senior healthcare who are not just doing a job, but following a calling. They are here to help you and your family find answers, solutions and peace of mind. In fact, they become an extension of your family.
American Village offers a full continuum of senior housing and healthcare solutions designed to accommodate a diversity of lifestyle choices and healthcare needs.

Things are fine

Mom seems to be doing well since moving into this community. The staff are friendly and the food seems ok. They keep the community clean. She has not had any complaints so far.

Not an options for us..

I did not tour American Village, but my mother had been there for rehabilitation before. It was not something that would be an option for her.

Review of American Village - Indianapolis, IN

It is on my final list. I liked the area and the apartment was very nice. I also liked the houses very much but for me they were too far from the action.

Perfect for what we were looking for. Independent Living facility is a step below a traditional IL building but above assisted living. She's not quite ready for AL. Allows super independence but with great added perks. Price is the best we came across for the included amenities.

I have been a resident of American Village for several years; first in the garden homes and now in the independent apartments. I love it here! There's always something to do- you can't not have a nice time.

My Life in American Village: A One !

My husband and I moved to American Village in 2007 while we were still able and driving. We made friends and enjoyed the activities. After four years my husband passed away and I was grateful to have a host of friends and acquaintances to support me and comfort me. I find the residents and staff are friendly and warm. The food is very good and accommodations comfortable. Now I can no longer drive and take advantage of the transportation provided here. I can get to the grocery and other shopping, doctor appts.etc. conveniently. The management, office attendants and food servers are beyond efficient. They know us personally and cater to our requests promptly.
I am grateful to live in a safe, clean supportive place.
I'm sorry another visitor was not pleased as I can negate every objection he/she made.

Did not have a good experience here

We did not have a great experience at this community. It is very large, and the care felt unfocused and impersonal. It was hard to get in touch with the management, and i general they were just rude and mean. It was obviously just a job to them, and they weren't treating the residents like human beings, just bits of paperwork for them to manage.