American Village - Indianapolis, IN

• Long Term Care
  • Weekly Exercise
  • Weekly Happy Hour
  • Gym
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • Movie Theater
  • Availability of trained clinical staff 24-hours per day
  • Availability of licensed nursing staff 24-hours per day
  • Cuisine prepared with seasonal, locally sourced ingredients
  • Memory Training Program
  • Memory Care Services
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Daily up and about check
  • Laundry services
  • Housekeeping provided
  • Short Term Rehab
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Audiologist Available

Wonderful staff that seems to really care about their residents.

Alysha Jones

Vicki, thank you for your kind review. Our staff and residents are a true example of why I love coming to work everyday. We hope that you'll join us soon for any of our upcoming events. Please feel free to follow us on Facebook, or give us a call ([removed]) to learn more about what's going on at American Village.

The annual Corks and Forks is one of the most enjoyable, well planned and innovative events in Senior Living.

Alysha Jones

Thank you for attending our 4th Annual Corks & Forks event. It is truly one of our favorite events that we host! We hope you'll mark your calendar and join us for our upcoming Paws for a Cause event on Dec.1st from 11AM-2PM. Follow our Facebook page for upcoming event details or call us at [removed]!

Very nice! We met lots of residents while on our tour and everyone was so friendly and encouraging to my in-laws. It was clean, decor was nice, grounds are gorgeous. Really like that you can apartments have washer/dryer hookups. On the downside: Mom felt the closets were small and too much space is given to the kitchen—especially when your meals are provided! We ate dinner here. Staff was so friendly. Portions were good, but Mom didn’t like the food—said she could tell it was frozen, pre-packaged rather than made fresh.

Alysha Jones

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the time you and your mom took to visit our campus and provide feedback. We have taken your thoughts into consideration, especially when it comes to the cuisine we provide. When convenient for you, we'd love to invite you back to dinner to meet our new chef and try our new offerings. Again, thank you for stopping by and we hope to see you again!

Things are fine

Mom seems to be doing well since moving into this community. The staff are friendly and the food seems ok. They keep the community clean. She has not had any complaints so far.

Alysha Jones

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review!

Not an options for us..

I did not tour American Village, but my mother had been there for rehabilitation before. It was not something that would be an option for her.

Review of American Village - Indianapolis, IN

It is on my final list. I liked the area and the apartment was very nice. I also liked the houses very much but for me they were too far from the action.

Perfect for what we were looking for. Independent Living facility is a step below a traditional IL building but above assisted living. She's not quite ready for AL. Allows super independence but with great added perks. Price is the best we came across for the included amenities.

I have been a resident of American Village for several years; first in the garden homes and now in the independent apartments. I love it here! There's always something to do- you can't not have a nice time.

My Life in American Village: A One !

My husband and I moved to American Village in 2007 while we were still able and driving. We made friends and enjoyed the activities. After four years my husband passed away and I was grateful to have a host of friends and acquaintances to support me and comfort me. I find the residents and staff are friendly and warm. The food is very good and accommodations comfortable. Now I can no longer drive and take advantage of the transportation provided here. I can get to the grocery and other shopping, doctor appts.etc. conveniently. The management, office attendants and food servers are beyond efficient. They know us personally and cater to our requests promptly.
I am grateful to live in a safe, clean supportive place.
I'm sorry another visitor was not pleased as I can negate every objection he/she made.

Did not have a good experience here

We did not have a great experience at this community. It is very large, and the care felt unfocused and impersonal. It was hard to get in touch with the management, and i general they were just rude and mean. It was obviously just a job to them, and they weren't treating the residents like human beings, just bits of paperwork for them to manage.

American Village offers a full continuum of senior housing and healthcare solutions designed to accommodate a diversity of lifestyle choices and healthcare needs. Residents throughout our independent and assisted living service lines have the peace of mind knowing that as part of our healthcare community, additional services like skilled nursing and rehabilitation are available on a priority basis.