Meadow Brook Senior Living - Fishers, IN

Well Rounded Community

Staff is very dedicated to each resident. Several activities daily for residents to choose from. Building has Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Great Food, many family involved events. I have placed several clients in this community and have not has an issue that could be solved, everyone is dedicated to Resident First. You can’t go wrong by placing a loved one in this Community if they want to be loved on, be social and enjoy great food.

Caring Staff

I visited 17 senior/assisted living facilities and chose Meadow Brook for my mother. The staff is phenomenal from the servers, aids, nurses, maintenance, front desk and all the way up the chain of command. [name removed], the community relations director, gave me the initial tour and was caring, informative and was willing to spend whatever time I needed to feel comfortable with my mom coming there to live. [name removed], Director of the entire community, spent a lot of time on the phone with me when I was out of town and my mom needed to transfer to the memory care unit. She was patient with all my questions and concerns and was available by phone at all hours. By the time I returned my mom was moved and happy again! I would highly recommend Meadow Brook and I am so relieved my mom is safe and happy.

Nice Community, Staff Needs Improvement

I came here for a toured, and almost immediately knew that this community was not a good fit for us. upon walking in, I overheard one of the front workers talking about how she had to stay late for her 5:00 appointment. I was her appointment. She was also in such a hurry during the tour, and she got very upset at me when I asked one family with a loved one already living there what they thought about the community. I thought the place was very ice, but the staff left a bad impression on me.

Unhappy

Will not allow us to find caretakers for my father to help him. We are forced I'm into their way or no way. Rent goes up 100 each 6 months.

Dad still feel independent

My dad has settled in very well here, he likes his apt and feels that he still has his independence to come and go, he likes going out to the courtyard and joining the other residents in the dining room. He's not one for joining in the activities but they do have a lot for the residents to choose from. Dad does like going on the different field trips they do during the week though. I would definitely recommend taking a tour here.

Respite Turned Into A Permanent Move, My Mother Is Well

After staying in this community for a respite stay, my mother did decide to make the move permanently into this community. It is a lovely facility, and I'am comfortable with her move here. They have an attentive, friendly staff, she really enjoys everyone in this community. The community, and her room is well-kept when I visit, they do a good job with the cleanliness. There are excellent activities offered for the residents. The chef has been willing to work with us regarding her diet. This is a community I would highly recommend to my family, and friends.

Best Thing That Happened for My Mother and Me

Moved my mother into Meadow Brook over 6 months ago and worked with [Removed] was so easy and he made me feel ok with moving my mom into Assisted Living. [Removed] made sure I met with [Removed] the Executive Director who has been at the building since it opened, she also help me and my mother with the transition. My mother enjoys herself so much, she doesn't have much time for me now.!! The food is great, the activities are so many it is like a cruise ship. I love how many new friends my mom has met and to see how she has come alive, always chatting it up about her "girls" warms my heart. Thank you Meadow Brook for the great care of my mom, more important for helping me through my anxiety as well.

Best in Leadership

Meadow Brook is a wonderful community with many amenities. But its best features are that of the staff. I have been working in the healthcare industry for many years and have not met leading staff quite like that of meadow brook. I cannot say enough great things about how they care for their residents and supporting staff.

Great staff!

Meadow Brook is an amazing facility for memory care and assisted living. The AL building is beautiful, lively, active and fun. The Memory care wing is adorable, homey, comfortable and has a very happy feel. Every staff member I have met is very dedicated to the residents and very committed to going above and beyond.[Removed], the wellness director, looks at every resident as if they are family and will do anything to ensure her residents get the best care possible! [Removed] in activities goes above and beyond to provide activities to stimulate, entertain and educate the residents. I highly recommend Meadow Brook Assisted Living and Memory Care!

Samantha McCue

Dawn, reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you, and have a fantastic day!

No AL here

Our loved one lived in this facility for just under 2 years . The costs kept going up, while the care became very poor. They left our loved one in a near comatose state from dehydration. I had to call the paramedics because the concierge didn't know what to do. The director of the dementia club told me there was too much paperwork for her to call 911 so I called. We were told they check in on the AL residents all day long but this is not the case at all. We were sold on all kinds of activities, hydration smoothies everyday. Dementia group for an extra 750/month for people not quite ready for memory care but still needing to socialize. This 'club' was led by an individual who had no compassion or business holding court with people who need compassion, direction and love. This person was rude to the residents on a daily basis. My heart ached for them. The care staff only saw our loved one in the morning, escort to meals, evening bedtime. If I wanted our loved one to go to activities, I would have to call and ASK them to escort. Now, there is a $10 charge for each escort. In order to stay at the facility, we were told we would have to BUY DOWN our loved ones' rent with a one time fee in order to be in their new ALL INCLUSIVE gimmick or the cost will go up at their discretion at any time with no warning. The only stars I can give this facility is the cleanliness. It is kept clean. It's more of a retirement home that an AL. They don't assist with anything without a huge charge involved on top of your rent and healthcare cost. I would not recommend this place unless you are an independent, able bodied individual who doesn't need any help and with lots of money to throw their way. Turnover in caregivers (I'll refrain from calling them CNA's because they are not) is beyond ridiculous. There are no RN's or doctor at this facility so unless you are comfortable with 1 director of nursing who is not an RN in charge of managing your loved ones' meds, don't let them! They messed up my loved ones' blood thinner so bad that I had to take all meds away from them. Trust me, there is a huge charge for distribution of MEDS and they don't know what they are doing! It's scary to say the least. The concierge desk is the only friendly face you will see at this facility. It stops there. If you are thinking about this facility, get everything they say they are going to do for your loved one, in writing. Don't take their word for it because it's all just lip service to get your money. The fees go up once you are inside the facility. Also, be sure to get in writing how many staff are CPR trained and how many are on the floor at night capable of helping in the event of an emergency. You can also check with the Fishers Fire Dept. Check their state evaluations as well. Last I knew, there was only 1 capable aid on duty at night. There are too many residents for just 1 aid at night.

My mom's comfort

This has been a great community. The staff has been very plesant and friendly and positive in the help to make this move for my mom. The menu is good and they offer a lot on the servings. They will offer my mom a lot of activities and my mom seems excited. . We are happy knowing that she will received excellent care. I would recommend others to this community for a good value for a loved one.

Love it!

Our family member has lived here for three months now and we can't say enough about how happy we are with the facility! The staff is top-notch, professional and always pleasant and goes above and beyond to make sure your loved one's wants and needs are met! And our family member is very happy living at Meadow Brook also!

Very nice!

Me and my wife were able to take a tour of this community and we thought that it was very nice. The staff was cordial and they answered everything that we needed. We just thought that there was a different place that suited us better.

More than happy!

My father moved to Meadow Brook from a previous facility and it was a huge improvement in every way. From the first day he moved in the staff went out of their way to make him feel comfortable. He thoroughly enjoyed the food, the warm and welcoming ambiance, the activities and the special treats that were often available. As a retired artist he proudly displayed his work in the common areas and kept his apartment door open to all visitors. As a grateful daughter I can't say enough about how happy I was with the attention my 91 year old father received at Meadow Brook!

My favorite!

I really liked the memory care unit in this community. Outside of each apartment, the residents had little porches with chairs. They could sit out there and interact with each other. The rest of the place was very nice and so were all of the staff members I came in contact with.

Do Not Place a Relative Here

I was initially impressed, but that changed. My parents have lived there for over a year and sadly, I am moving them out of the facility. After all this time, knowing my parents both have Alzheimer's, they let them leave the building with someone they did not know and got no information from the person! I did not receive a phone call about it until over 2 hours later, when I received a phone call that some man took my parents and they couldn't even describe him. I am my father's guardian and my mother's POA & they had been gone for over 2 hours before I knew!! Fortunately, I was able to locate my parents and they were safe and with a relative. The relative had not been in the facility for over a year, did not sign them out, and no one stopped to ask questions! THEN, after my outrage, specific instructions not to allow anyone to take them without prior permission, it happened again the next day!
All the other concerns pale in relation, but my parent's room often smelled and was very untidy even though we paid for cleaning 3 times a week. My parents were not kept clean after repeated requests and paying for shower assistance twice a week. I was horrified!
The turn over is frequent and the care inconsistent. This is the reason I was given for my parents being allowed to leave the building with someone the caregivers did not know!

Samantha McCue

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out and let us know about your recent experience at our community. The staff at Meadow Brook Senior Living take the care of our residents very seriously and will address each of the concerns listed above. We would like to extend our sincerest apologies for any misunderstanding concerning the events mentioned above and would like to contact you specifically to help clarify this situation and do what is within our power to rectify the situation. If you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at [removed]. We hope to hear from you.

My Tour Went Well

My tour of this community went very well. It is a nice looking community. From what I saw everything appeared to be nice and clean. This is a big community, and I felt like it was too big for my mother. I felt she would feel overwhelmed here. Everybody was kind and friendly. This is a good community, but not the one for my mother.

Love and Personal Care

My mother-in-law has been at Meadowbrook almost two years. She has Alzheimer's and lives in the assisted living area and participates in the transitional memory care program. She is much more active socially, she is happier and calmer. The staff comes and invites her to participate in all of the activities and they remind her when it is meal time. We appreciate the staff and how they love and care for my m-i-l. The meals are very good, restaurant quality.

Room for Improvement

The actual premises is very nice, and has a great location. We have had issues with linens being changed as promised, cleaning and laundry. I have noticed quite a bit of turnover in the care staff. There is supposed to be one staff member for every 8 residents, and this isn't always the case which concerns me. The staff does seem to be diligent and hard working when they are there. I have learned since placing my dad here that this is a private pay agency, so they don't have to adhere to some of the standards that Medicare and Medicaid agencies have to.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do an excellent job at Meadow Brook Senior Living. Things have worked out well for our loved one, and we are satisfied with the services they offer.

We Love Our Meadow Brook

Our Dad is one of the original assisted living residents at our Meadow Brook. The experience has be exceptional. When Dad moved in, he was rebounding from a near-death experience. The attention that he has received at Meadow Brook has been amazing. The nurses and attendants are great. The Physical Therapy has been great. He enjoys the other tenants. There are activities to keep him busy. The food has been exceptional.

We are very, very happy with our Meadow Brook.

Terry McKenzie

A new home/life transisitons

My Mother moved here from Ct in August, and into MeadowBrook. She fell in love with the looks of the building and her new apt. As she moved in and this became "home" MeadowBrook is a lot more than just a cool building. The staff are wonderful, caring people. That's really what it is all about. She loves being a part of whatever is going on, but also is allowed her privacy and/or down time as she sees fit.
I know that someone is always making sure she is thought of and looked after. As a daughter, what else do I need to know!? Thank you to all of you at MeadowBrook who work hard to make a new home for so many who are leaving their own homes...And this chance to say thank you extends to ALL the staff- the dining staff, cleaning staff and the ever-faithful maintenance staff! You guys are awesome. Many thanks!

memory care

We are very happy with our Mothers care at Meadowbrook memory care. It is a beautiful place staffed by caring professionals who really seem to enjoy their jobs. The food and activities are great. They brought my Mother out of her shell and it is a relief to know she is safe and well cared for.

Very nice looking place, not a great fit for us

We visited this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Meadow Brook was a very nice looking community, but I don't think it would have been a great fit for my loved one. It was a very "fancy" looking place, lots of marble, etc, and I think my loved one would be more comfortable somewhere with a more homey feel. The tour also felt a bit impersonal, they just jumped right into the floor plans and pricing without showing us why it would be a good place to live.

Happy to have my father there but there is some room for improvement

Meadow Brook is a very friendly place. My father is safe and loved. The staff knows my father's name and greets him every time they see him. Front office and desk staff is great! Supportive and friendly The food is amazing! Excellent variety and the quality is way above what I would expect at a retirement home. After opening the dining room was not staffed well enough but they have corrected that and service is very good now. Monthly special dinners are very nice. Families are invited and the dinners are exceptional. The rooms are spacious and very nice. The public areas are very well decorated and kept clean. My only issue with the facility is that the wellness director does not return calls and is not friendly. When a medical issue comes up with my father, I don't hear from the nurse or the wellness director. Takes many calls to get to the bottom of the issue. The facility is not full so the wellness director also acts as a nurse so in her defense she is doing two jobs but Meadow Brook does need to figure this out. Great place and would move my father in again.

Highly Reccomend

Meadow Brook is an amazing facility for memory care and assisted living. The AL building is beautiful, lively, active and fun. The Memory care wing is adorable, homey, comfortable and has a very happy feel. Every staff member I have met is very dedicated to the residents and very committed to going above and beyond. Corrie, the wellness director, looks at every resident as if they are family and will do anything to ensure her residents get the best care possible! Julia and Theresa in marketing go out of their way to provide activities to stimulate, entertain and educate the residents and are always striving to make the facility the best it can be. I highly reccomend Meadow Brook Assisted Living and Memory Care!

Very lovely facility. Staff was knowledgeable and friendly, food was very good. However, this is really an AL/MC facility that accepts people for independent living. The majority of residents are intended to be either in AL or MC. While the place is gorgeous and the price is right, this is not what we are looking for.

Very nice place!

Overall things have gone very well at Meadow Brook Senior Living! Everyone we've worked with has been very friendly, and very helpful! The facility itself is beautiful, and they keep everything looking clean and well kept. My only complaint is that sometimes the care feels a bit unorganized, possibly due to the facility being so new.

THE BEST! An answer to prayer!

When searching for a licensed facility in the Fishers, IN area for my mother - we toured & interviewed 5 different facilities. Meadow Brook met both the physical, mental, emotional, relational needs of Mom, while fitting her budget and helping my wife and I feel a sense of peace & security knowing that Mom was getting the best in care.
Meadow Brook's staff is incredible. They are truly caring professionals and we have found they consistently demonstrate tremendous courtesy, kindness, dedication, and compassion to my mother and all of their residents.

The food is delicious & nutritious. The kitchen crew serves each amazing meal with a delightful attitude and a warm smile. The prices for family & friends are very reasonable. We eat with Mom a couple of times per week and have thoroughly enjoyed each bite.

The building is nice, neat and well maintained. Any maintenance concerns that we have had were addressed in a very quick and professional manner.

Mom has some mild memory impairment. But the super caregivers and nurse's help makes life "normal" for Mom and us as her family.

Meadow Brook is the place to bring healing, hope and peace to each resident and their families. It's truly a 5 STAR facility.

We prayerfully searched for the right
location for Mom to make this important transition in her life. Meadow Brook was an answer to our prayers!
It's a wonderful community filled love.

Thank you Meadow Brook!

My dad had been in another facility prior to moving to Meadow Brook. We had had a negative experience with the first facility and were looking for someplace where he would receive excellent care and feel comfortable. Our first impressions of Meadow Brook were fabulous and they lived up to them. My dad went into their Memory Care Unit in late August. At that time there were only 7 other residents on the unit. As the number of residents has increased so has the number of staff. The staff is friendly and caring, always calling my dad by name. The unit is brand new and has gone thru a number of learning curves, but all my concerns or questions have been handled professionally. I no longer worry about my dad when I am traveling as I know he is being well cared for. Thank you Meadow Brook!

Beautiful and great staff!

Beautiful but more importantly - caring!
My friends mother is a resident at Meadow Brook and the transformation has been amazing! She smiles and interacts with people. She has made friends!
They have so many friendly and caring people who work there. It may be a little higher than some places but well worth the piece of mind knowing that your parent is in such good hands. So may activities and the food is good too.

Impressed

Amazing place. Beautiful and welcoming. I had the chance to meet several of the staff and was blown away with how nice and eager they are to help with anything and everything. We had lunch there the day we toured. It was fantastic. Truly restaurant quality with service to match the menu. While this type of care is expensive, you can see that cost is put right into the care for residents and maintenance of the building and grounds. During my visit I saw residents playing cards and others doing some type of structured activity led by the "fun director". What an amazing title. While our needs have changed we would have loved to have my mother stay there.

Seemed like a nice place overall

My loved one was here for a brief respite stay, and overall I thought they did a good job. The facility itself was well kept and clean, and the staff all seemed friendly. There were a few areas they could have done better, however. My loved one is a strict vegetarian, and they were not very accommodating when it came to meals, she was mostly served pasta with marinara sauce. They also did not manage to get the television in her room working until a few days into her stay.

Not able to handle all kinds of dementia, as advertised.

This is a beautiful facility, and if you are pretty together then it's like a resort. However when we came to Meadow Brook they assured me that they could handle ALL kinds of dementia. I was assured and assured and assured again, that they could handle it. The kind of dementia we were dealing with had not been diagnosed yet. Once he was there they called him violent, I think because he would push people away from him. They told me that I would have to take him to a hospital because he was so dangerous. Their medical director violated every protocol in transferring mental patients. I had to deal with my loved one being confused and scared, and begging me to go home, that he would be good if I would please just let him come home, all because she didn't know the protocol. They had me transport him in the front seat of my car to the hospital, even though they considered him so dangerous, and they were concerned for their safety. I guess my safety is of no concern, or maybe he wasn't that dangerous. They didn't tell me that the place I was supposed to take him had a psychiatric entrance, and I was told to take him to the main entrance, which meant a 25 minute walk, with him begging and pleading the whole way, that exacerbated his health conditions (heart and lung conditions). They also did not check that there would be a bed for him there, and after four hours of waiting there was not one. My choices were then to take him home, or back to Meadow Brook. I opted Meadow Brook because that's where his medications were. Even then they said family would have to stay with him even though they supposedly still considered him to be dangerous. They then decided to transport him, in an ambulance this time, to a hospital with an opening. That place was awful and I believe led to his rapid decline, and impending death. They stressed to be and advertised that they could handle dementia. Not only was that not the case, they were not able to handle it, but they could not even follow protocol in transporting him.

Larry was extremely knowled...

Larry was extremely knowledgeable about senior citizens with demintia. He was very professional and comprehensive about Meadow Brook. I left with a thorough understanding of services offered. It was a great meeting. The facility was gorgeous.

Welcome to Meadow Brook Senior Living, a new community in Fishers, IN. Here you or your loved one can enjoy a full lifestyle that balances activity, independence and assistance. It includes upscale amenities, chef-prepared meals, concierge services, transportation and enriching activities—all in a quaint town in Hamilton County, Indiana.

Near Noblesville and Carmel, Meadow Brook is conveniently located just south of 116th off Allisonville Road. You can enjoy nearby:

Shopping at the Castleton Square Mall or the Fashion Mall at Keystone
Sipping wine at the Chateau Thomas and Harmony wineries
Exploring the Monon Trail or Wapahani Nature Preserve
And more
We’re also close to St. Vincent Health and the many doctors serving Hamilton County.