GreenTree at Fort Harrison - Indianapolis, IN

Settling In Nicely

Elmcroft of Fort Harrison has been a good move for me. They are treating me really well and taking good care of me. I really enjoy talking with the staff members. This community has a warm and homey atmosphere. The place is very clean and well-kept. The food is really good, the meals they serve have a lot of variety. The only improvements, in my opinion, would be to have more physical therapy activities for wheelchair-bound people, and transportation that can hold more than two wheelchairs at a time. So far, I have not been able to go on their shopping trips. I am making a lot of new friends here, and the employees are very welcoming to my family members when they come to visit me. There are courtyard and patio areas for residents to go outside and enjoy some fresh air. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Opting out of this one because of a personal friend who is a resident could not give a good recommendation.

nice facility

My mom was at the facility. It was clean and did not have an odor. The staff was friendly and nice. They provided great care services. I was very impressed with their services. Clean environment.

Very nice place

Overall our experience with GreenTree at Fort Harrison has been a good one. The staff here is very good. They're very nice, caring, warm people, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. We did have an issue with a staff member after we moved in, but the administration worked quickly to resolve that. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the meal service is good.

very good facility. Friendly and accomodating. Very personal.

Seems like a great fit

We visited it before and I liked it but I felt like my mom needed a little more nursing care, now that she's passed away I think it's more suited for what my dad needs. There's no urine smell, we already had our assessment, we've been for lunch twice over there, he liked the food and he met people over there and decided he wanted to move. I questioned the activites director that drives their bus and they were really upfront about how they handle doctors visits. There are only 50 apartments so it's smaller, I have a better feeling about it. The people were all very friendly and kept coming up and introducing themselves and saying how much they liked it here.

3 story building with eleva...

3 story building with elevators, cafeteria is smaller than expected. Residents seem closer to mom's age and activity level. Friendly staff, clean, good storage and roomier 1 bedroom apartments. Lots of activities and room to spread out.

Some medication problems, but mother's happy

We've had some concerns of late, they missed a day of mother's medication and it was on a Sunday. Even if someone had caught it on that Sunday they couldn't get the medication because the pharmacy they deal with is not open on Sundays. I'm hoping they're taking steps to remedy that situation. None of her medication is life threatening like some folks are but had that gone undetected... So that happened and we're trying to follow-up. Otherwise, the facility itself is a beautiful, beautful place. Mother really likes the place, she really likes the people there so I think she's made a good adjustment. The staff's always been very friendly, they take good care of mother, they try to always be helpful, always willing to talk to you, they bend over backwards to help.

Provision Living

First of all, thanks for your kind words and for the opportunity to serve your mother. She is a wonderful member of our community and is beloved by our entire team. We want to reassure you that the situation you describe is rare and it has been both investigated and addressed. We appreciated the opportunity to talk with both you and your mother that evening when we discovered the medications had not been delivered by the pharmacy, and please know that we would have done everything possible to acquire additional medication had that been necessary. If you should have any additional concerns, now or in the future, our community website (www.FtHarrisonAssistedLiving.com) and company website (www.GreenTreeSeniorLiving.com) have "how are we doing" links that will connect you directly with our CEO and our VP of Operations. We take our mission of creating a radiant organization where people are loved, inspired and thriving very seriously, and we always welcome feedback that allows us to be more effective and responsive.

This is avery nice facility.

This is avery nice facility.

Impressed with this facility and staf...

Impressed with this facility and staff. Very caring and concerned for safety. Even have pendents for each residents. Directors help with meals and talk with each other about residents and watch and make sure everyone is eating properly. Unit were clean, but the studio had a funny smell, otherwise very nice. View was pretty cool from windows of apartments and you can open windows with screens.

Life in a GreenTree Assisted Living community is a liberating experience. Our residents and their families notice it immediately after they move in…a feeling that they belong, that they are valued, and that they are part of something larger.That’s because we embrace each individual and take the time to learn each resident’s life story, family connections, personal and professional background, interests, hobbies and values that together make each person unique. Only then do we customize a personalized care and activity program for each resident.