Grace House Assisted Living - Austin, TX

Great Community

I think this is a great community, and I'am satisfied with my fathers move to this community. I know he is safe, and in good hand overall. They have a great staff at this facility. They have been supportive, and they are very in tune with their residents. When I visit the community, and his room are well maintained. The meals look fantastic, and they offer good activities for the residents. This is a community I would recommend to my friends, it is nice facility.

This is a lovely facility with a low caregiver to resident ratio. I feel Mom would have been happy here as well as the smaller home we chose, which was more conveniently located between family members. Only positive vibes here!

Love the small number of re...

Love the small number of residents and the personalized care. Focus on creating a 'home' atmosphere is great. Only concern is the public space being too small. The living room has just a couple of sofas, the dining room just four tables. Would she enjoy the interaction ALL the time and if not, only retreat would be her room. The only room available is decent, not the greatest view (of the front door and parking lot).

This was the right place for us.

They are clean, and friendly. They seem to be consistent, price wise, with other locations. The response time seems appropriate for the level they are. They do have a calendar with lots of activities. The food seems ok, I haven't had any complaints, I haven't tried it myself though.

Our mother is here right no...

Our mother is here right now. She only wants to sit in her room and sleep and will not take part in any activities. She cries if she leaves the room. We need to find a cheaper place if she will not take part in the activities, which she is not doing at all! We have had problems with her being bathed and her clothes and hair being washed, and her bed being changed (we change it). She complains incessantly about there being only 'freaks' there.

Grace House is the only privately owned and operated Assisted Living Facility in the area. Grace House Assisted Living provides seniors with more than just a place to live, we provide a HOME. In an industry dominated by large corporate facilities housing over 100 residents in one building, Grace House offers a home like environment of only 32 residents. There are two 16 unit buildings located on the same property, sharing outdoor common areas. The community is masterfully designed to feel like a home and not an institution. With over 18,000 square feet in each building, there is only one level and 2 hallways. Grace House backs up to a beautiful green space with native trees and landscaping and porch that stretches the length of the building.

Each building maintains the HIGHEST staffing ratios in the area. We staff 3 caregivers per building, a 1 to 5 caregiver to resident ratio. Each new caregiver goes through 8 hours of Alzheimer's/Dementia training as outlined by ALZ.ORG. As part of our continuing education, each employee must complete the 24 hour course within their first 6 months of employment, earning a Dementia/Alzheimer's Certification by ALZ.ORG.

Grace House is here to make the journey of life meaningful, full of life, love and happiness. Our full time Wellness Director maintains a daily activity calendar filled with live performers, local church services, local middle/high school performers, daily exercise classes and tons more!

Stop by for a visit, any and all are welcome! If you call ahead, our Chefs will prepare a meal for your arrival. We look forward to meeting you soon!