Brookdale Westover Hills - Fort Worth, TX

Loved this place! I'm still looking around but this one is still top of the list. It is location that might be issue. Just a little far me to drive.

A good tour!

I also toured Brookdale Westover Hills. The person that took me around was friendly and knowledgeable. Th facility was clean and seemed to be in pretty good shape. It was a good experience, but not the best fit for my father at the moment.

Dad Likes It Here

My father is doing pretty well at this community. So far everything is working in the right direction. He does like this community, and I'am comfortable with his move here. For the most part the staff is good, but I do feel there is a lack of communication at times. Overall I do feel he is in good hands at this community. I have already recommended this community to my friends.

Rude Mannered

Was offered a tour that I waited for 15 min or more. Lady in front lobby had a strong smell of urine. Nice building but seemed under staffed and costly. The Administration seemed a bit rude and in a rush

Positive Staff!!

The staff where very willing to work with my parents needs and wants as far as giving them an apartment that would accommodate there living requirements . They had offered them a ground floor apartment that had a great view and access to the courtyard in the back. I just did not like the overall floor plan that they had. All of the activity rooms and dinning room where all on separate floors which would make it very difficult for them to have gotten around.

first impression

Went in with a set appointment was told they were in meeting. I waited 30 to 45 mins. To be told the marketer was not there. The lady that gave me tour rumbled on about what the place would do for my dad. I ran into a old school mate that has her mother there said she would be honest that this place would not be the best for my father. Due to staff issues and there new ED did not seem to care of residents. My concern was nursing staff was not always available. I think first impression should mean alot. I recieved bad vibes i moved my father a different community.

Repeat visit

We visited Westover in the summer for my mother n law. It was a very helpful staff and friendly when we called to have questions. It was the top of our list to visit when we had time. We made it this past month for a second visit before her move and i am very disappointed. unorginized and no communication. When i asked for the friendly helpful people by name i was told they left due to turnover. At this time i will look else were. Activities and food was very poor compared to the 1st visit.

Poor Care

Very poor service for inpatient care. The staff is lazy!!!! Caused my father to get a huge bed sore & infection.

A beautiful new community with large rooms

Mom is doing very well and is very happy with the community and activities. They are having some turnover with the staff and I am watching and concerned why there is such a turnover. Mom has a beautiful large room with a lovely bathroom. The rooms are much larger and nicer than many of the homes I viewed before choosing Westover Hills Brookdale. Mom enjoys the food but some of it is too sweet and we're working on getting good music played in the dining room consistently. The director is very good and she is doing everything she can to get things in order. The head nurse is trying to do a good job but I feel she is pulled into many different directions. They have good programs, exercise, brain games, entertainment and outings. I have open communication with the director and the nurse. I'm hoping to keep my mom here. The staff issue has to be worked out. We'll see.

Very nice place!

This place is absolutely phenomenal! The facility is clean and well kept, and the staff is wonderful! I really can't say enough good things about the place. I would highly recommend checking it out!

A Cheerful Community

I did enjoy my tour of this community, it a very nice place. The staff was kind and friendly. Everybody was very cheerful and happy. The community appeared to be well maintained from what I saw. They do offer many activities. I saw one of the meals, it looked nice. My tour was pleasant, this is a very nice community.

Very satisfied

A great place for our mom

As a family, we have been very pleased with Brookdale Westover Hills. The facility is beautiful and very clean. The food is fantastic and is served to the guests. My mom doesn't have to negotiate a plate and a serving line. We love the small atmosphere and every staff member knows my mother. Activities are well planned and she is encouraged to attend everyday. Overall we love it and are very happy with our choice.

So far it's going very well.

So far it's going very well. The staff is just very nice, and kind to mom. They try to include her in things. The food has been very good. It's nice that it's such a large system, we had been in a previous Brookdale and that experience was good, and when we were comparing this just seemed like the best choice.

communication between the staff and family after we entered is lacking

At Brookdale Westover Hills I think the communication was really good upfront when making the decision on this facility. However, the communication between the staff and family after we entered is lacking. I go visit in the evening after work and I don't know what is going on when I am not there. She makes up stories because she has dementia. I really need more information. I think they have it under control in the staff but I need to part of that team. They are very responsive, that's not an issue. I am going to have a meeting actually about that specific issue to see if I can be more of part of the team with the staff.

Very nice place!

Overall we're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brookdale Westover Hills! The people here are very friendly, and I was really impressed with their customer service throughout the whole process. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here. The only issue I've had is that I think they could make communication with the nursing staff a little easier, it can be hard to know who to call or to get put in touch when you do call, if you have questions. But overall it is a very nice place!

What They Say Is Not What They Do

I think the staff could be a little more educated especially the medicine techs needs more training o be addressed. A little more attendance to bed linen not being changed daily and what they say is not what is done. Staff could be motivated to do more seems like they are disinterested. Alot of the attendants in the Memory care are not properly trained and are annoyed needs more training. The director of the facility is awesome and does try to address issue.

Love this place! Assisted living Residents are happy and well cared for by a super friendly attentive staff. Rooms are spacious, light, and well maintained. Very warm welcoming place with very busy schedule for active residents.

Over billed for services

My Mother in law lived here for over a year. She tended to keep to herself and they didn't seem to make any effort to get her involved or encourage her to go down for meals. They charged extra for meals in the room and would bring her meals, even when she wasn't wanting it. They even charged for meals on the days she wasn't in the facility because she was hospitalized. They also continued to charge for the attendant to assist her getting to meals, even when she wasn't going. Took quite awhile to get them to resolve the discrepancies.
Facility itself was clean and the rooms were a good size. Staff friendly. Location was easy to get to.
Eventually moved her to different facility - in Dallas.
I think there are better places for the money.

We are very happy with Broadway Plaza.

We are very happy with Broadway Plaza. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. She is loving it, and the help that they provide with the assisted living is good, but we needed more. They have an agency in house to provide extra care, however we hired a private caregiver. I think they have enough entertainment, and activities, and the Saturday program is good. The food is good. The billing is the only thing that could be worked on, itemizing the bill would be helpful. Since we came from a sister community, we didn't have to pay a deposit, which was nice.

We found the staff very efficient and...

We found the staff very efficient and pleasant. The food is excellent and the residents seem happy. Our mother is enjoying the many activities offered at Broadway Plaza.

We wish they provided transportation to church on Sunday, but can understand why they probably don't.

So far, so good

Really no complaints so far. It's only been a little while, since my loved one transferred from another community, but everything seems to be going great. This location is perfect for my family to come and visit, so that was exactly what we were looking for. The price seems reasonable, and it's a decent looking place, so all is good so far.

We toured this location when we were ...

We toured this location when we were looking into options for our loved one. The facility itself was clean and beautiful, but we felt like there was some miscommunication between the staff and ourselves. Our loved one had some specific care needs which we described to them over the phone, and they said would not be a problem. When we toured the person giving us the tour didn't have any of the info we had given over the phone, and as it turns out they did not have the type of care we needed in the first place.

All Good

They don't have any ways they can improve. It's very good and I like it a lot. My mother likes it too. It's all good.

Toured on Wednesday. This ...

Toured on Wednesday. This is my 1st choice of those I have toured. Liked the upkeep of facility, room size and like fact could be transferred to skilled nursing at City View, if needed.

Decent facility, but a litt...

Decent facility, but a little costly for the surroundings and in comparison to what I have seen. I do like the location.

Good location. Both independent and a...

Good location. Both independent and assisted care.

Very nice place. Did not see memory c...

Very nice place. Did not see memory care unit. Price about average,

I was very impressed with this facili...

I was very impressed with this facility,although I did not tour the Alzheimer's unit, only the assisted living.

Has Alzheimer's / dementia care. Real...

Has Alzheimer's / dementia care. Really nice, excellent layout and floor plans.

At Broadway Plaza, we offer help when you need it and independence when you want it. Consider the Broadway Plaza Advantage. We can meet your needs in all stages of retirement. From the finest, most comfortable residential retirement to the level of medical expertise you need, our staff is trained and ready to serve you in this important time of your life. Broadway Plaza Assisted Living provides whatever extra help you may need with your daily activities, while you maintain the privacy, dignity and independence that means so much to you. Our caring staff is the best in the industry. In your own beautiful, private apartment, you will enjoy all the comforts of home - do as much for yourself as you are able. You can enjoy three home-style meals each day in our dining room and take part in as many of our social activities and recreational activities as you choose. Meanwhile, whenever you need assistance, our friendly, highly trained associates are at your service. The Arbors at Broadway Plaza has been created to provide the most appropriate setting to nurture each Alzheimer's resident physically, socially and emotionally. Through careful design and an experienced, professional staff, The Arbors provides stimulation, stability, structure and security - all in a soothing environment that preserves the warmth, dignity, comforts and feeling of home. At Broadway Plaza, we offer help when you need it and independence when you want it.