Brighton Gardens of Buckhead - Atlanta, GA

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.

Mom's Good care

I like this community for the care for my mom. My mom likes the meals and the variety. They are offering her to be involved at this time. She is just settling in but appears to be happy here with this clean and well maintained community. We highly recommond other families to this community for the good care and the value for a loved one

Everyone is awesome at Brighton Gardens! I feel so much happier that my mother is here. I think the care managers could improve communication and response time but otherwise they are doing a great job!!!

Not A Big Enough Apartment

For our scheduled tour they were ready to show us the community. I was getting answers to my questions. We did not choose this community because the apartment we were shown was not big enough for my sister.

This community is very nice. The people are very nice and very good with the residents. They answered all of my questions and were very helpful with us. The community did not have the best of layouts, but we would have worked with it had they specialized in memory care

Mom loves it here!

Mom is doing very well since she has been here. Mom really was looking forward to coming here and being around people. The community and mom's room is always clean and neat. The staff has been nothing, but awesome.

Everything's great!

The staff at Brighton Gardens is excellent. They have made a point to get to know my parents and are very responsive and friendly. Mom and Dad say the food is great and they love their new home. I give BG Buckhead my enthusiastic recommendation.

I am happy with the care that my friend is receiving. The staff is nice and friendly. A clean community. They do offer him some nice activities, The food is good, with a good variety. It has a good feeling and the other resident.s seem to be very happy. I highly recommend the care and the value for others here at this nice place to call home.

We had a great tour!!!

This community is a little larger than the community we chose. It looked clean and well maintained. The staff was nice and they offer a lot of amenities. This community is also pet friendly.

It's a fine place with fine people.

My father is really happy there. He had no hobbies, and he was all about shopping and eating at nice restaurants. He loves the food here. They do have a transport to take him to doctors appointments. The other residents seem to be pretty friendly and welcoming. They just did some renovations, and everything looks very nice. We are very impressed with the whole facility. The location was important for us. It's a fine place with fine people.

First care placement

This is my first experience with assisted living searches and didn't want to start from scratch. "A Place for Mom" gave me the head start I needed. Brighton Gardens fit the bill perfectly with professionalism and courtesy at every needed area.
They also have the capability to adjust needs as my father improves or requires more attention.
Very friendly staff and willing to assist without asking.

Good job so far

Things are going well. The facility is doing the best it can considering the circumstances. My Stepfather is having a difficult time with the transition. He has dementia. The staff seems to be doing a good job so far.

So far things are working out well.

So far things are working out well. It's clean and the staff is friendly. We don't have any major complaints about food or the activities or anything like that at this time. There do seem to be some potential issues with the billing department, but we are new still, so we will have to see how things pan out.

Excellent care

I thought they did an excellent job overall at Brighton Gardens of Buckhead. The staff here is excellent, and the caregivers really take great care of the residents. My loved one had dementia, and the staff were attentive to his needs and knowledgeable about the condition and how best to work with him.

Nice place, not the best fit for us

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. However, the layout of the community and the room they had available wouldn't have been a good fit for my loved one. She would have been at the end of a long hallway, and the long walk to the elevator may have discouraged her from leaving her room as often. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

Going very well

So far we're completely satisfied with the care and service at Brighton Gardens, they're doing a good job looking after my loved one. I have heard nothing but good things from my family members.

A great pick for the right person.

I toured Brighton Gardens on multiple occasions .The staff here is really nice. The director was a bundle of energy and the place quite lively for an assisted living community. They have a pair of dogs that run around and the atmosphere can be a little chaotic . This was a huge plus compared to other places, but ultimately this was not the right fit for my mother. I would say that overall this was the most fun loving place in Atlanta that we toured. Great location in Buckhead.

Nice Place

Everything is fine like it.

The Brighton Garden team has been very attentive to my mother's living needs and all questions that I have had.

I appreciated the diligence and assistance I received from A Place for Mom. Brighton Gardens is a quality setting with great customer service and health care assistance.

Nice place

My sister is very comfortable at Brighton Gardens of Buckhead. She especially likes the friendly, helpful staff. The food is good and the service fine.

14 hrs at hospital waiting for transfer to evaluate drug therapy

Problems communicating with nurse and administrator of memory care. They do not know how to care for patients & family's of patients that need change of medications.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to learn more about your experience. Please email further details to Information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) (com).

Happy with decision

My family knew that moving Mom into an assisted living facility was the right thing to do.
But the actual "doing" was difficult. There were two bright spots that made this experince less difficult. One was the senior living advisor, Jenny Colditz. Jenny was "assigned" to my family and she was always there making sure that our search was progrssing and we had the information needed. The other bright spot was Brighton Gardens itself. When we toured, we meet with Matt who was an excellent representation for the community. By the time Mom moved in 6 months later, we had Eleni who was equally as awesome. We flew in from NYC to Atlanta and there was Eleni with an umbrella and smile to welcome Mom. This is a very personal decision for every family and I hope that each of you have the same positive outcome that my family did.

Good but some staff turnover

I didn't go with them because the rates weren't as good and there was some turn over with the staff. The tenure wasn't there. It was also an individual thing of location. The place that we chose was more convenient.

She very happy here

They need to do some updating and fixing of several items that are very obvious. The carpet in hallway needs to be replaced there is various rips in it that could cause a tripping hazard. There is still a lot that I still have to do because they are so understaffed. The main issues at this community stem from the fact that they are so badly understaffed. I feel like there’s disconnect between the level of care I am paying for and the level of care they are providing. Seems like I am paying for more care but she is being cared for the same as all the other residents. Their medication distribution is very slow sometimes the lines get so long that either you get your medication or breakfast. The staff is very friendly and their hearts are in the right place. They are doing what they can the problem is that they need more staff to help. It seems like only 1/3 of the activities that are scheduled actually only get done because someone doesn't show up. The food is great the location is great. Loved one is very happy here loves the staff loves the community. In general it really is a pretty good community.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are glad to hear that your loved one is happy in our community and enjoys living there. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents. We’re sorry to hear about your concerns with the community. We would like to speak with you directly to learn more so please contact us at [removed]. –The Sunrise Team

I enjoyed my visit to this ...

I enjoyed my visit to this facility. The population appeared to be more diverse (in age, health, and race). The Executive Director, Brandon Stephens, is relatively new and seems to still be excited about his new responsibility. Meals are not served on a strict schedule, and the dining experience appeared to be pleasant for those who were in attendance during my visit. Everything was in line with my top 2 picks (Atria of Buckhead and Merrill Gardens at Dunwoody), but one thing bothered me during the visit, and an additional opportunity came to mind later. During the visit, it was VERY obvious that the carpet was stained. Brandon proposed that the stains in the dining area were wine stains and that carpet in that area and other areas of the building had not been treated and/or cleaned properly in the past. From my perspective, a visitor seeking a place for a parent to call home, the carpet had been neglected, and it caused me to question other less obvious maintenance issues that may exist. The opportunity that came to mind after my visit was the number of vacant rooms that had yet to be 'turned,' and that were in disarray. There were tripping hazards in the rooms, and the rooms were not locked. At least one (1) room did not have a doorknob. I fear what could happen if a member of the community wandered into the area and suffered a fall and/or injury. I was told that they were well below capacity as a result of vacanies that occurred during renovations, so I can't understand the delay in turning the rooms and/or at least cleaning and clearing them. Brandon shared that Brighton staffs more caregivers per person than the state requires. I wonder if they attempt to make up for that by lowering their standard for maintenance. I still like the community, but I would not feel comfortable choosing it for my father while it is in the current condition. I was assured that they carpet would be cleaned and/or replaced within a short timeframe, but I can't understand even that short delay...

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you had this experience at our community. We care deeply about the well-being of our residents and take safety very seriously. Please contact us at [removed] so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

So far so good.

We moved our mother from another assisted living facility because of poor communication and lack of detail. We are hoping that this facility is able through better corporate structure and systems to keep us abreast of any changes good or bad that occur. These facilities are all different and it really depends on the leadership (Executive Director is new) and staffs attention to detail. One important item that sealed our decision is that the state of Georgia is changing their healthcare regulations for assisted living and we felt confident that although this facility is still categorized as a personal care home will soon have their assisted living license. This will allow our mother to age in place longer. Only time will tell. Keeping our fingers crossed.

This place gets good reviews, but it ...

This place gets good reviews, but it is only Assisted living and Lenox road traffic.

Very nice, friendly staff. Comfortabl...

Very nice, friendly staff. Comfortable, spacious rooms. Affordable. Huge closets. Toasters allowed. Nice outdoor space for residents.

Loved it. Had lunch there. Food was w...

Loved it. Had lunch there. Food was was awesome. I give them 5 stars.

Toured facility. Liked it a lot. Ma...

Toured facility. Liked it a lot. May have her spend a weekend there

Clean, friendly Activities, pet frie...

Clean, friendly Activities, pet friendly also, the Director was so nice and answered all questions. Low key, not pushy!