Quality Care

During the time my mother was a resident at Montclair Senior Living, she received quality care from a dedicated and caring staff.

She enjoyed the daily activities and interacting with the other residents and visitors. She enjoyed the weekly outings that included riding the bus to a variety of local restaurants.

The administrator kept me well informed of any changes or issues relating to my mothers health and well being. If I had any questions or concerns regarding my mother's care, I was always able to speak with the administrator - including nights, weekends, and holidays,

Montclair Assisted Living

My Mother has lived at Montclair for 6 years. Montclair is her home now and she is happy. Although Mom is not ambulatory and suffers among other things from Alzheimer's, she is a vivacious, intelligent and thoughtful woman.

Montclair staff are mindful and caring. Montclair is always clean and inviting. The food is consistently excellent. The landscape is beautiful and activities are scheduled each day.

My visits are rarely on the same day or at the same time. Every time I visit Mom she is always clean and dressed lovingly including her trademark necklace each day to go with her outfit. Her long hair combed and fastened with a barrette or band.

I depend on Montclair's administrator who is extraordinary, outstanding and always available - day or night - everyday. My calls are answered within minutes if not immediately.

Montclair is a community of residents who share the wonders of life together in spite of physical and mental conditions which the elderly are besieged with.

Twenty four hours each day, seven days a week I know my Mother is safe, receiving her medications as prescribed, eating excellent food and receiving wonderful care. Urgent medical care is available at a moment's notice and I can always reach a real person to check on Mom.

Leaving one's home is a terrifying experience both discouraging and disorienting. Montclair made and continues to make this life transition a graceful, enjoyable and pleasant adventure for my Mom.

I feel good about my decision

We have had our father in law here for quite some time now and how loved the service and care that he has been given. He is able to get help for taking showers, help dressing and gets his medications throughout the day on time. The activities person also helps and encourages him to come out for music performances. There is a very nice lake to walk around and also the community PATH that connects to the land where my father in law can get outside for fresh air.

I feel comfortable knowing that he is looked in on all day, whether he is in the sitting room or his private room. I feel a bit calmer and relaxed knowing that I can take a trip and he is safe at this facility, where as before his moving here I wasn't able to travel. I have recommended this facility to other friends and two have been placed there recently.

Hidden Gem

When my mother needed assisted living support five years ago, we came to Montclair. My aunt had been living at Clairmont Place for several years and we were familiar with the location, facilities and its very good reputation. Because most of mom's doctors are at Emory, the travel time is extremely convenient. Clairmont Place/Montclair is a constantly evolving campus that prides itself on being bright, cheerful and clean. A new wing with new rooms and new landscaping was a welcomed addition. Mom enjoys the other residents, the staff and the activities. [Removed], the administrator, is someone I have come to rely upon very much. She is extremely professional and knowledgable and has provided sound advice during trying times.

I feel good about my decision

My family member, dad, has been here for quite some time now at the Montclair. They have their needs met every day from helping with taking to shower to be given their medication at the correct time. I know that they also do frequent checks on whether in the sitting rooms or going into their bedroom. The activity director is always encouraging my dad to come out of his room for activities that he would enjoy, like music performances.

Over the past year there has been more décor improvements done with some new rooms but also a larger tv/living room space. And I always mention or recommend my friends to look at the Montclair for their family members and two have been placed there recently.

Highly recommend

I can not praise the Montclair enough. First the wonderful surroundings. A beautiful lake as you drive up to the entrance .You will not be disappointed when you enter the building the decor is stunning very tasteful .
It felt like home .I was sold before I saw the rest of the place which included an indoor swimming pool,fittness center and movie theater beauty shop to name a few . I met some of the wonderful staff including [Removed] the director of Montclair who put my mind at rest straight away .She answered all my questions with such ease. I knew then she was a very compassionate and caring person. [Removed] the Activities director showed me a schedule of all the activities planned each month .
[Removed] one of the CNA carers who has been at the Montclair for many years . Loved to see her interacts with the residents you could clearly see the bond she had with them .
The rooms were very clean and bright I knew then my dear Aunt would feel right at home and cherished.
I was not wrong she has been at the Montclair for several weeks now and is loving it . She is always telling me how happy she is and how many friends she has made. She also enjoys the wonderful varity of food at each meal .
Thank you to all the staff for making this move a very easy one

The best

This facility has gone above and beyond for my best friend. I am impressed with their kind caring treatment. They offer so much for someone who can no longer care for herself. Montclair is clean and cheerful with a caring staff. Thanks!

A visit

The person I met during the tour was nice and helpful. This community looked clean and they do offer complimentary transportation. I just did not feel like this larger community would work for my loved one.

Nice place, but more of a nursing home than assisted living. Also, short term stay rooms are not equipped with any furniture at all.

Very Disappointing

Our loved one has been at this facility for over a year, and we have seen a tremendous shortage of help. People wait in the tv area for up to an hour or more to be taken to their room or to the bathroom. I have asked CNA's politely to help escort a patient who is in dire need, and have been met with a very sour attitude, in most cases.

The general atmosphere is one of disgruntled employees, highly stressed and unavailable administrator. The one GOOD thing I see is that the place is pleasantly decorated and furnished, and always clean.

We were promised, before we moved in, that a CNA would respond within 5 minutes of pressing a call button. The average time is 20 minutes. We are still being told that CNA's check every patient every 2 hours through the night. It's really sporadic; actually closer to every 4 hours.

There have been a few stellar individuals over the months who show true compassion and kindness to residents, but the turnover rate is high, and CNA's reflect the stress of being overworked.

The administrator is too busy to be bothered with problems, and provides veiled attempts to hide the fact that the budgetary bottom line is what rules this facility.

I feel very sad for so many of these residents who do not have loved ones coming daily, or have outside care 24x7. Many go without eating because there is no one to make sure they eat, cut their meat, or even keep up with whether or not they are eating at all. The need for attention and vigilance is overwhelming.

What a sad environment in which to end your life.

Mom's Happy

My mothers lives here and she like it.

Site does not have Memory Care unit. Breda never met us. Not appropriate for my Mom

huge facility, elegant interiors, hotel-like, attractive courtyard, formal atmosphere

Great location and across the VA Hospital. Montclair is a nursing home. Clairmont Place is their independent living area. We loved this concept of independent apartments. It feels like a regular condo and not like a senior community. Both places share the same land and parking area.

Very nice facility. Top tier among communities I've visited. It is strictly personal care, so it is possible that mom might not be able to stay until end of life. It is very homey and we are seriously considering.

$3700/small, $3950/medium, ...

$3700/small, $3950/medium, $4450/large. same price for AL as for Memory Care. price increases 3-5% each year. includes room, 3 meals/phone/cable/2-hour checks, activities. we have to pay for diapers or for Home Health to help if he can't catheter himself. best location for sure.

Location great. Rooms very ...

Location great. Rooms very nice. No real memory care program. No space available.

So far favorite place. Res. to helpe...

So far favorite place. Res. to helper 1-6. Residents in group watching TV and eating bananna splits. Res. 22. Around 3200 per month no add on for different services and no fee to move in. Had some white staff. A little seedy but they are building new area.

$1100 p/mo. large rooms with bath. ea...

$1100 p/mo. large rooms with bath. each in dining room daily. 22 residents on 3rd? level of clairmont place.

small, personal, pay one fee for room...

small, personal, pay one fee for room, director is Irish, practical, only draw back is it is not on first floor so there is no easily accessable garden

Welcome to the Montclair, an extension of the independent lifestyle found at Clairmont Place. Located on the second floor of Clairmont Place, the Montclair is a rental “neighborhood” of 22 suites offering assisted living services.

At the Montclair you will have the personalized care and extra attention designed to meet your specific needs.

With just 22 suites , the intimacy of this “neighborhood” extends the comfort, convenience and peace of mind along with a level of service in keeping with the high standards of Clairmont Place.