Atria Buckhead - Atlanta, GA

Atria Buckhead is an elegant senior community in the heart of Atlanta. Residents can relax in one of several plush sitting rooms or enjoy lively conversation with friends. Atria Buckhead is conveniently located near downtown Atlanta and some of the southeast’s best shopping, the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and historic Fox Theater.

Really great visit. Loved [Removed]. Could brighten up the common areas with different lighting. A little dark inside. Otherwise, a great place!

Friendly Director!!

I really was impressed on how friendly the director was at this community, she was very knowledgeable and provided my mother and I with lots of great information during our tour. They had a great activity program as well as a restaurant style menu available at meal times for all of the residents. The overall facility had a really great feeling to and I felt right at home.

When I Viewed The Community

They staff was ready for our appointed tour. I was getting useful information that I needed. When I saw the apartment available we thought it was not a good size and needed something larger. This was the reason for not choosing.

Atria Buckhead is just a delight. A small family feel and welcoming atmosphere. The food is wonderful, and the building is lovely. Very friendly staff. We were very impressed with the quality of what is being offered. It's just a little far from family and our usual familiar community. Darby is fantastic and obviously loves her job. Her enthusiasm is contagious!

They Have Been Really Great

Our experiences have been good and bad. My mother started out in the AL side of the community, but after leaving the building a couple of times, she has now been moved to the memory care side of the facility. We are trying to work through all of this and help her adjust to everything. This is really a great community and they are doing their best to care for her. There are nice activities for her when she is ready to participate. The food is decent, but I think the food down stairs is better. I wish they would had done a better assessment of her, so we didn't have to move her.

Review of Atria Buckhead - Atlanta, GA

I met with Darby and she exceeded my expectations as well. Both Atria facilities were top notch.

extraordinarily kind and courteous

I have no complaints about Atria Buckhead. So far so good. She seems very happy. Aunt Ruth is getting a long with the folks there. Shes got a couple of people that at this stage are as high functioning as she is and can carry on good conversations. The staff apparently love her there, not sure how she pulled that one off. The facility itself has been clean any time I visit. The staff are extraordinarily kind and courteous. I am very pleased so far.

I would call it more supportive living.

I think that even the people that are living here "independently" are really more in need of assisted living. If you are younger and vibrant and like to socialize this is probably not as independent as one would like. I would call it more supportive living. The care is very good, and they treat the residents well. My only concern besides that it is very expensive, is that they just got a new director of memory care, so it's a wait and see how that will go.

warm and inviting

Atria Buckhead is a very warm and inviting facility with an extremely friendly, caring, helpful staff. They are very engaging, both with the residents and their families. The food there is really delicious too! It's really been a very good experience overall and we are very thankful for them.

Mixed experience

We've had somewhat of a mixed experience at Atria Buckhead so far. The week after my loved one moved in they had to place the facility on a lockdown to prevent the spread of a flu, which unfortunately did not make for a good first impression for my loved one. But the staff have been very accommodating, and have worked hard with me to try and win her over after that experience.

Misplaced Priorities

The administration at Atria present the image that they are deeply invested in the care of your loved one. It gradually becomes clear that they are far more invested in collecting as much of your money as possible, while providing as little support as they can.
As many reviewers pointed out, the administrative staff turnover has been exceedingly high. This has filtered down to impact the direct care staff in visible ways.
The absence of creativity in programming and resident engagement is very troubling. Their capacity to solve challenges associated with aging with any level of creativity is abysmal. The residents ultimately pay the price for this.
My mom was at Atria for several years, before being transferred to Hospice. The absence of compassion, sensitivity, and support through her entire stay was deeply troubling. I am unable to recapture her final years. I feel quite sad that they were spent in an environment that placed dollars far ahead of compassion.

Katy Miller

Hi, Sandra. Your concerns are very important to us, and we’d like to learn more about your experience with Atria Buckhead. If you’re open to continuing the conversation, we welcome you to reach out to us at [removed].

Hands On Care Is Wonderful

Been a roller coaster in the beginning admin got screwed up and there was miscommunication between them and myself, due to head personal leaving, but they replaced her and everything worked out. The people that are hands on with my mother are wonderful,. They have alot of activities to offer and it really is a very nice place.

My mother was a resident of Atria Buc...

My mother was a resident of Atria Buckhead for over four years. Initially, it was a wonderful setting for her, but after about a year staff began to change, and change, and change... Directors have come and gone, and in the Memory Unit alone there have been more than 3 already in 2014. Despite lofty promises and presentations about innovations in the Memory unit, NONE has been put into practice. On a Friday in August we met with both directors and were told Atria could still meet my mother's needs. On the following Monday we were told we needed to hire a "sitter" to feed her 3 meals/ day, 7 days/week, and that they could NOT in fact meet her needs. And WE were the ones who initiated the meeting to begin with. It turns out that Atria is not actually providing "assisted living" as defined in GA, but they are charging as if they are. Also be aware that staff morale is low due to high turnover in management, changes in policies and residents being forced out. This results in its frequently being understaffed. We would NOT recommend any Atria facility for someone you love.

Kate Vance

We are sorry to hear of your unhappiness with your mother’s experience. Although we have had some transition in our community, we always strive to make changes that are in the best interest of our residents, here at Atria Buckhead and at our sister communities. As you know, our community offers multiple levels of care based on regular assessments. If a resident requires more care than we are able to provide, we work with the family as they consider their options. We are always disappointed when a resident has to leave us, but please know that we consider their safety of the utmost importance.
If you would like to discuss this further, or feel we can be of further service to your family, please feel free to contact us at [removed]. We do hope your mother is enjoying her new home and wish you the best.

3 size apartments Studio De...

3 size apartments Studio Deluxe - 500 sqft end of june $3700 1Br - 600 sqft

Active and interested in living!!

We looked at several places but we felt Atria was the best fit. It is not like a nursing home!! More like an apartment house with help. It is a place where interesting people live and are still interested in living the good life.

Our second choice

This was a facility we toured when we were looking into options for my loved one. This was one of the facilities we were seriously considering, and was our second choice. It was a very nice looking community, and the residents looked well cared for. It didn't have as many amenities and activities as the other option we were considering, and during our tour it just didn't feel quite as friendly.

Kate Vance

We strive to be a warm and welcoming community, and we always appreciate hearing from visitors so that we can constantly improve the service we provide. I apologize that our amenities did not meet your preferences. If you would like information on our other communities in the area, please contact us at [removed] and include the “Atria Buckhead” in your subject line.

Their Senior Living Philosopy is executed well.

I'm very pleased, it's not perfect but nothing is. The food would be a four. I chose them for their senior living philosophy, and I find that they really execute the philosophy, so it's a very active community. I feel that the residents are treated with quite a bit of regard. The outside is well maintained and that was an important thing for us. The communication with the residents could be improved, things like changes in schedule or unusual events.

Kate Vance

Thank you for your thoughtful review of our community. I am so happy that you are feel we are living our mission, that means so much. Our residents are our number one top priority and it’s lovely to hear that feedback. We appreciate and welcome suggestions you may have on how to improve our communication;
please feel free to email us directly at [removed] including “Atria Buckhead” in the subject line.

Atria Buckhead has not disappointed

Very nice place. Lovely facility. Tasteful, well organized spaces. But most of all, incredibly NICE and helpful people who seem to love their work and communicate well among themselves. Such a relief to not worry about my mother anymore. She is in good hands. My only comment would be that it would be nice if there were more activities geared to my mother's personal tastes, but IF we were to communicate this, I'm sure they would respond positively...so it's really a matter of taking the initiative. A very responsive, caring team.

Toured on July 6. Very clean...

Toured on July 6, 2013. Very clean and attractive building.The Executive Director was very professional and provided great suggestions and advice. He seemed to have a sincere interest in our goals and what would please my father. Atria has a very active calendar and appears to cater to the interests of the residents. The residents were happy and several expressed their satisfaction without being asked. I am an analytical [removed] The director shared with me great literature that contained most of the information I would need to make an informed decision. The campus is small. Outside spaces are limited.

LaDawn K.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community. I’m happy to hear that your experience was positive and I just wanted to address your concern of limited outdoor space. Our community has a garden club and a walking trail and our residents seem to be pleased with their outdoor space. Of course, we also have other opportunities for our residents to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. We would be happy to provide you with a calendar of events and outings, or you are welcome to visit our website at www.atriabuckhead.com and sign up to receive a monthly link to the calendar via email. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

The food is really good and the service is great!

The food is really good and the service is great! They do have a ton of activities but my loved one choses not to participate.

great staff- apts are nice- spacious ...

great staff- apts are nice- spacious - this is on top of list - hoping tof larger one bedroom - cons- large facility,

Nice place. They have both Independen...

Nice place. They have both Independent and Assisted living, but you have to change floors and you got Lenox Rd. to deal with.

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your review and I’m glad to hear that your visit was pleasant. I would like to clarify that there is no need for our residents to change floors if they begin receiving care services. If a resident required memory care, that would be the only time someone would move to another floor as that space is more secure for the residents’ safety. And I’m happy to say that our building is so quiet and tucked away from Lenox Road that we never hear the traffic. If you have any further questions or concerns that we may be able to assist with, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.