Bickford of Crown Point - Crown Point, IN

Good Tour Of This Facility

I had a nice experience during my tour of this community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The staff I met was friendly, and helpful. The community was nice, and clean from what we saw. Everyone treated us well, and our tour was a pleasant one.

My mom'c good care

I am happy with the care from this nice community. We like that the staff is very attentive to the residents. The community is clean and has a nice environment for the residents and the families. The menu is appealing and they offer a good variety of healthy meals. The activities are the offer and she likes participating. We would recommend the care and value of this community for the care of a loved one.

Loved touring this place. Beautifully​ decorated and caring staff. Not sure if the location is right for us.

Nice Tour Overall

This is a nice community, and my tour of it went well. The community was well-kept from what I saw. The staff was friendly, and kind. There were many factors that played into where to place my father. My tour was nice, but this wasn't the community for us.

Such an amazing place!! The staff is fabulous!
It's beautiful, like being in a beautiful home!
We are so thankful to Bickford for all they do for our loved ones!!!

Not the ideal location

We looked at Bickford and were very impressed. It was a nice community but we felt it was a little bit out of our way and would make visiting more difficult.

Beautiful Property!!

The locations is excellent and this property is absolutely beautiful on the inside and out. All of the staff was very welcoming and all of the residents seemed to be happy and involved in various activities they had offered throughout the complex. My loved one just could not afford this place they where very expensive.

Staff is very knowledgeable!!

I toured this place with my mom and the staff was very kind and knowledgeable. They where helpful and very detailed with the walk through. Overall the community is very beautiful . I did think that it was over priced and was not affordable for my mother .

The first thing l noticed about Bickford were the residents, they were happy! The building is very cozy with fireplaces sitting areas all over with beautiful comfortable furniture. The dining room is very nice, friendly looking, like a lodge or a cozy restaurant. They have two courtyards in the middle with a garden,bushes flowers, and a tree.The rooms are clean and bright with large windows behind the building is a pond where you can see wildlife very peaceful. There is a large front porch with overstuffed lawn furniture. The staff is very caring and friendly. My dad has been there a little over a month, he is adjusting very well. He has made many new friends. They have many activities and entertainment something always going on.l told my son when the time comes for me to move l want to live there,if l can have a room in the back facing the pond. He said that l couldn't afford to. He's right it's very EXPENSIVE!!! P.S. my dad says the food is good!

Difficult Transition

I hesitated writing a review too soon-but my Mom has been there more than 5 weeks. What appealed to us was the size and atmosphere of the facility. Mom's room is lovely- great bathroom facilities. The front office staff has been very responsive to various needs. However, we had a major mistake with over-billing for meds. The pharmacy (Valumed) that Bickford contracts with are not responsive to phone calls. Nurse is aware of this as well - said they don't return her calls either. Mom's physical condition has declined - she was transferred from rehab for a broken hip. She is not as mobile as she was when she arrived - she is receiving rehab as an outpatient with an outfit selected by Bickford's nurse. She has lost a lot of her mobility- we are considering other options. The food is marginal - mom is also not eating. We were very optimistic about mom thriving here and now find ourselves looking at other options. We really feel that Sue and Tonya are doing a very good job, the nurse seems disconnected. I know these first few weeks can be very difficult- but as I see my mom decline physically at an assisted living facility - I feel in my heart that Bickford cannot meet our needs.

Not a good first impression

We looked into this community while searching for care options for a loved one. Bickford seemed like a nice enough facility, however, the sales person we worked with did not give us the best first impression. They seemed much more focused on the financial specifics than on making sure the facility was a good match for our loved one, it was really off-putting.

Polite staff

They really like to keep the residents active here. The facility is always clean and seems to be well organized. There is always a lot of hustle and bustle going on. The staff here is always polite and very friendly.

So far things seem fine.

So far things seem fine. They seem to do a good job getting her involved in things. We haven't had any major concerns. It's clean and the staff is pretty friendly. It's a hard transition, but they are making the most of it.

I recommend this place to anyone

Everyone was very nice. However, it was just not the place for our loved one. This is because she needed more care than what we chose. The Bickford of Crown Point is a great place and I recommend this place to anyone.

Seems Like A Good Place

I only took a tour of it because it was for my grandma and she is not even there yet. But it was very nice and clean and it looks like there are a lot of activities to do and it's very homey. Seems like a great place.

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone well with Bickford of Crown Point. The facility itself is beautiful and well laid out, and they do a great job keeping things well kept and clean. The staff here is very friendly and helpful! My only complaint is that the food has been somewhat hit or miss. It is normally pretty good, but hasn't been entirely consistent.

Fabulous food

There needs to be better clarification about doctor services. We had conflicting reports about if they had a doctor available or if we needed to provide our own. The food is absolutely fabulous. There is enough parking. Another thing, and it’s a pure safety feature – they change the codes all the time and when we visit we have to wait for the staff to let us in or out.

Caring People

So far we have no problem. It seems to be working out great. The people are great. Definitely look into this community. Everyone cares. Meals are good. It’s just been a really great experience so far.

Nice place with very profes...

Nice place with very professional and caring staff. Food is good and personnel to resident ratio seems excellent . Really liked the man in charge.

Too expensive, but very nice.

A family member toured this community, and said that is was the nicest of the ones we saw. However, the base rate was $5300 a month. If you need to add care, the price goes up from there... If the care needs change, the price will continue to go up. Too expensive, but very nice.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Personalized Care